Pregnant mums #60

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#1 Nut

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

New thread time!!! I didn't realise how long the last one had gotten!!

blush.gif

#2 *Caro*

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

Just checking for news on Peta and Leonie....  original.gif

#3 Guest_gardner1_*

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hi ladies
Hope everyone is doing well
I have been put on bed rest for the next few days sad.gif Thank god for wireless internet
Went away for the weekend, and had some spotting/pink cm.
Been feeling proper morning sickness (lasting the whole day) for the last 2 days.
Scan next wednesday and am hoping everything is ok.

#4 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

gardner1 Sorry to hear about the spotting i'm sure all will be fine at your scan. Enjoy the bedrest while you can!!

I'm getting a little nervous, 8 hours till my alarm goes off, which means its baby meeting day! Im starting to rememer the unplesant parts of labour! Like doing my hair in the morning but knowing that within a few hours noone will be able to tell, and everything else, all feels so familair now! All these memories are coming flooding back! AND i am very emotional about the boys! Really wanted to spend tonight with them at our house but it wasnt practical so they are at mums. Its just the next time they sleep in their own beds things are going to be so much different!
Oh well i am also excited just cant wait to see what he looks like and what colour hair he has and how big he is! And the boys are soooo excited aswell, Jack was telling me today that he is still little but tomorrow he will be big, because he will be a big brother!  wub.gif
Oh well next time i'm chatiing to you i'll be a mum of 3!!
You should be hearing from Mamabear with updates tomorrow! She is on standby!

#5 ~*Bec*~

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:37 AM

I know i dont belong but i wanted to come in and say:

PUSH Leonie!!!

#6 darnie

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:42 AM

Oh, I'm so excited! Can't wait to hear your news, Leonie! Happy, quick, painfree labour vibes are being sent your way!

#7 shelly1

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

Was just lurking for news as I am aboutt to go have a sleep.

My lovely boss sent me home as I am sleeping terribly (my mind isnt shutting off at night so I feel I am not getting that good sleep) and my indigestion is awful today. Being in the military I dont get flex and to take sick leave I have to go see a military doctor so he sent me home off his own back (he is pretty relaxed and we didnt have any work on).

I am nearly 30 weeks so am  getting excited - still worried about how much weight I am going to put on in the next 10 weeks (I have already put on 14kgs)  ohmy.gif

#8 ~mamabear~

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just to let you know if you haven't seen the other thread, Leonie's baby is here!!! Little Max (middle name to be decided) arrived at 11:45 this morning, weighing in at a whopping 8 pound 14 ounces, and measuring 52cm. Mum and Bub are doing well!

#9 Barky

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

Congratulations Leonie on the arrival of Max  wub.gif Well done>

#10 ~*Bec*~

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:15 PM

Congrats Leonie - On the safe and very fast arrival of MAX 8lb 14oz  wub.gif

#11 LEGs-R-US

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:43 PM

Congrats Leonie on the birth of your beautiful little Max!

Well life is going along slowly at the moment although I did work out that I only really have ten weeks worth of work left until I go on leave.

I'm also getting huge!  Thankfully I've had all my other children in summer so I have more clothes to wear these days.

My friend is giving birth at Calvary at the moment.  I have a question about it (I've never gone public).  Anyway, she was due on the 1st October... was meant to be induced on Friday but their was no room at the inn and then was induced on Sunday evening.  I spoke to her Monday but induction had failed - she wasn't dilated and her cervix wasn't even ripe.  Someone said in the public system they will try induction three times before giving you a c section.  I'm thinking to myself that surely she would have had the bub by now?  I mean otherwise she would have to be well and truly over it!  Anyone been in a similar situation at Calvary?  

Question... why do you think it is so quiet in here once Christmas hits? I mean I think their is only three of us who are due between Christmas and say June next year.  SOmetimes when I post in here I feel like come December this group wont exist because it will have gotten so small.  Does it always fluctuate like this?

Jen

#12 Mama8

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

hi ladies,
well 10wks to go ddance.gif
bub is still sideway but huh.gif  they are talking about either trying to turn her or c/s which im not thrilled with.
but to be honest i would rather a c/s then trying to turn her, i have heard bad things.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Belly rubs to all

hope you all are well

cheers

#13 sot

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Hi guys,

I am so sorry, I didn't realise the text didn't work.  We have a beautiful boy James Patrick, he arrived at 6.23pm on Thursday 9.10.08, weighing 3.2kg and 52 cm long.  

Congratulations Leonie on the birth of Max, and it does look like he came very quickly he must have been ready.

If someone tells me how to put a picture on, I will post one of James.

Peta

#14 darnie

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

Congratulations Peta on the arrival of James!

#15 sot

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Deanne - do we have news on Anne yet??

Peta

#16 MummaSgettie

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

Oh dear it has been quiet here LOL.

Well we have 3 and a half weeks or so to go and I am starting to nest like mad, although I have ignored the urges to do the labour inducing jobs (ie. mopping floors, gardening etc) and wont be doing any of these jobs until I hit that all important 37 weeks mark.

I am getting really frustrated with my sleep patterns. I have been so tired during the day that nana's naps have been a must but then it takes me hours to get to sleep at night. I tried to forgo the naps a few days in a row to see if it would help me sleep at night, just to end up even more tired. wacko.gif  cry1.gif

The kids are getting super excited now and have been marking off the days on the calendar LOL. They are also helping out so much there really isn't all that much for me to do each day, aside from looking through and re-organising all the baby stuff over and over.

So who is due next?

Belly rubs to all,
Bernadette

#17 Barky

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

It has been very quiet in here hasn't it!

Sgettie- wow thats not long at all. Its great that your children are helping you out. Both my boys are excited about having another brother to play with. It is so special for the siblings.

Sot- Congratulations on the arrival of James. How is he settling in?

Mumof5kidlets- I think my little man is still breech but my midwife doesn't seem to be concerned. I hope your little one turns natutrally. There is still time though.

Me- I had a midwife appt yesterday and all seems well. I am counting down the wks and thankfully I finish prac next week so I can concentrate on the arrival of junior and preparing myself for life with three. I have heaps of energy atm but I am waiting for that tired phase to hit. Only 7 1/2 more wks for me..

#18 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:41 PM

Yes very quiet!
Peta, congratulations on you new little man, how did it go? Did they end up inducing you after your waters broke or did you go into labour. I was thinking about you! Do you use flickr or anything similar, i use flick, and upload pics to there, then i click on the picture and you can choose which size to view it as and underneath it will provide a link, that you copy then when you are typing your reply in here, you click that little box that has a picture of a tree in it, it is on the same line as the text options, "insert image" and then you paste the lonk into the box that appears. Hope that option helps, there are heaps of different sites people use so someone may have an easier option?

I was also thinking that Anne must be due about now.

Bernadette and Eileen: That has gone so quick, i can imagine how excited your other children must be! The boys were exactly the same and are so good with max. Its very sweet and Max has been such an excellent baby, i really inderstand the saying 'babymoon' now, im loving it so much!

Jen: i agree that it does seem quite in here in the way of babys due next year, we'll have to spread the word! But i dont think the group will vanish, with the mums still popping back in, like deanne and now myself!!Im sure the others will do the same!!?

Mumof5kidlets: I havent had personal experience with this but my friends baby was breech at the beginning of the year, and they turned her baby twice. i was abit worried about this myself in regards to the cord but she came outfine with apparantly the longest cord, and wasnt tangled at all. I do no what you mean though, because  if it was me im not sure that i would want the baby to be turned, but with 10wks you never know things she might just move on her own, you can try different things like crawling and swimming? Good luck!

Hope everyone else is well!

#19 darnie

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

Just thought I'd say hi. My friend is having a baby today. In fact, she shoudl have had it, since she was first on the c-section list. She was having a general, so I guess it could be a while before she is feeling up to letting us all know.

I'm still battling Alice's day time sleeping and I think night times have gone pear shaped too. Oh well. We'll get there.

Better go. Alice is unhappy.

Take care all, and I love the new baby photos! wub.gif

Cheers,
Deanne.

#20 AmIdoingitright?

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hello ladies - any chance I can join in this group?  I tried the DIG for my dates but I think I was a bit slack about posting, so will try to get better.  

Cheers

#21 blissfulqueenb

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

Just checking in from all the way over in WA looking for news from Anne!

#22 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:42 PM

canberra-ite Of course you can join, i also found this group good when pregnant, i found my due in group to hard to keep track of!

I cant remember what date Anne was due, it was around the 23rd i think??

#23 LEGs-R-US

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

Still around... my friend had her baby last week (the one I was talking about).  It was an absolutely horrid experience and ended up 14 days over and an emergency c-section.  I wont bore you with the details but I'd be complaining after what happened.

As for me... I just feel huge.  I'm 25 weeks today and I feel like I could be 35.  Everyone agrees with me when they see me but I guess it is my third.  I'm getting my dates checked in the next couple of weeks because my fundal height (sp?) was about four to six weeks ahead  ohmy.gif  of where it should be.

I've also decided on letting DH go to America in early January for work.  As long as he is home by the time I'm 38 weeks... I'll be sitting here with my legs tightly shut!

Welcome to the group Canberra-ite... I'm going to go hunting for some pregnant Canberrans to boost the 09 numbers  laughing2.gif

#24 Puggle

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:25 PM

Hello locals (and lurker tongue.gif)

Welcome canberra-ite.

Yes, my due date today and I'm still here waves.gif

Hope everyone is doing well.

#25 darnie

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hi All!

Just jumping in to say hi!

Canberra-ite: Congratulations and welcome! I'm Deanne and I am not actually pregnant - Alice Rose is now 4 months old - but I just can't stay away from this group! wub.gif

Leonie: Hope all is going well! I saw Max's birth notice in the paper! wub.gif

Mumof5kidlets: My friend who had her baby yesterday said that the ob tried to turn her baby a week or two ago. It wasn't successful, so she had a caesar, but anyway I asked her whether it hurt when they tried to turn the baby and she said that it didn't really and that it was more uncomfortable than painful. If it's any consolation, Alice was breach with about 8-10 weeks to go and by the next appointment, she had assumed the correct position!

Peta: Hope all is going well.

Bernadette: OMG! It seems like only yesterday that you announced your pregnancy and here you are, about to give birth! Wow! Good luck!

Eileen: Glad all is going well

LittleEand GorgeousG: OMG. Your friend's experience sounds awful! I was going to post and answer your induction questions but by the time I saw them I figured that the baby had probably arrived. I was induced with both girls, and with Alice it took a bit of effort to get to the point where I was ready. Never takes long once my body is ready though - it's just getting it ready that takes time! laughing2.gif I hope that your friend is ok and that she recovers from her ordeal soon. Wow, you are brave to let DH go to USA. I'm sure it will all be fine! My DH is going to USA on 5 November for 2 weeks! I hope that Alice's sleepign is back to normal by then, because I am going to be wrecked!

I just checked my old copy of the list, and Anne is due today! Happy due day, hope all is going well!

Me: Still struggling along with Alice's sleeping. Seeing the GP on Monday and hoping to get a referral to QE2. I am not as stressed about it as I was when Erin wasn't sleeping, but I need to get it fixed before I go back to work in Feb, otherwise I will be a basket case. Receeived Erin's ballet newsletter in the mail this week. OMG - their performance is at the end of November and talk about a full-on schedule between now and then! I was exhausted reading it! Still, all she ever talks about is dancing ballet at a real theatre, so hopefully she will really enjoy it.

Better go.

Love to all,
Deanne.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.