Give Me THREE Words

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 hadie

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

Edited by hadie, 22 October 2009 - 06:50 PM.

#2 buzz123

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

1st baby - Unexpected, Horrendous and Confusing.

This describes my shock induced labour, failed epidural and eventual CS.

2nd baby - Okay, Dissappointing and Unsettling.

This describes my unsettled labour with constant interruptions fighting to vbac with opposing medical professionals eventually turned into a CS.

3rd baby - Exhilarating, Exciting and Amazing.

This describes my homebirth, normal labour, excitement at the realisation that I could do it and then the Amazing birth.

#3 Guest_tamig_*

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

long, disapponting, shattering

9.5 hours stuck on a bed with a syntocin drip in my arm. Thank goodness there was a beautiful baby at the end of it!

#4 asignatureofthings

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:42 AM

Quick, Amazing and wonderful  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif

#5 Mamaidh

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

1st - exciting, then scary, disappointing

2nd - wonderful, exillerating, fun

#6 ~Goggles~

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:47 AM

First child - Hard, painful, exhausting
(14hrs with 2.5hrs pushing, epidural and episiotomy)

Second child - empowering, quick, amazing wub.gif
(5hrs, no drugs, 4mins pushing)

Hope to do it again one day wub.gif

#7 audreysmummy

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

unsure.gif Scary/exciting
   ohmy.gif  Painfull
biggrin.gif Amazing
Hope to do it all again...... wub.gif

#8 !!!

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

Boring! Failed induction (resulting in emergency c-section)

Edited by aberfeldy, 27 October 2008 - 09:07 AM.

#9 Our LovelyLiv

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

Exciting, Excruciating, Incredible. (DD's birth was long and awful, but I'll never forget the feeling of seeing her for the first time wub.gif )

#10 beck22

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:10 PM

Long, Painful, Tiring.

36 hours of labour. episiotomy (sp).

But would do it all again in a heartbeat to have that feeling you get when they put your new baby on your chest for the first time. Three words for the:

Amazing, incredible, unforgettable.

Beck

#11 Fugative Potato

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

#1 Intense, painful, dissapointing
induction with posterior baby resulting in epi and vacuum extraction

#2 Intense, empowering, amazing
did it all myself.

intense for both i have very quick labours.

#12 ~*Bec*~

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

DD - OMG - Scarey - OUCH!!!!!!!

43 hours long, lost 1 litre of blood and past out not too see baby born, and i barely remember any of it!!

DS - Long - Lovely - Exciting!!!!

52 Hours long, Episiotomy, barely lost any blood (in comparison) joyful, easy !!!

Would do it again in a heartbeat!!

#13 X5-494

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

Scared, stoned (I had morphine) and confusing (I had NO idea on what to do with a new born).

Would I do it again ? In a ****ing heartbeat.

#14 ~~~~!eternity!~~~~

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

Amazing

Easy

Calm

#15 7earthlings4angels

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

1st
Scared
excited
learning

2nd
painful
scared
excited wub.gif

3rd
excited wub.gif
quick
worried

4th
painful
excited
joyous wub.gif

5th
excited
tired
wonderful wub.gif

6th
painful
excited
big boofa laughing2.gif

7th
exciting
very quick(nearly had her in the shower!)
wonderful wub.gif

Trying for baby number 8, so mustn't be too bad! biggrin.gif

#16 anon60

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

DS1 -horrible, painful, interventionist
DS2 - easy as breathing
DS3 - halfway between above
DD - longest; quickest recovery

#17 Road_to_somewhere

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

Anxious, painful, amazing.

#18 misstash042

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

Unexpected (a month early with no warning signs), heartbreaking (induced, no progress after 10 hours labouring, emergency C-section) life-changing (the most humbling, amazing experience ever and the greatest reward imaginable).

#19 PrincessPinkenIt

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

With DS ~ scary/exciting scared about the pain, but excited for it to be happening. long 16hours plus 2.5hrs pushing. Amazing having DH deliver DS and putting him on me (Midwives guided DS head, DH did the rest).

With DD ~ Empowering drug free and felt everything. Exciting Couldn't wait to meet her. Quick 1 minute delivery after 5 hours labour. Midwife was surprised at how quick I push her out.

#20 Guest_lizzylou82_*

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

DS1 - [b]Shock Amazed Help!
He was born by CS at 35 wks due to pre Eclampsia and I was an inexperienced 20 yr old.

DS2 - Loss Of Control
He was born by emergency CS after an attempted VBAC. I didn't know how to deal with the intensity of cx, I had interventions forced upon my and then he was taken from me by CS

DS3 - Calm Triumph Beautifull
My VBA2C boy born after 6 hrs labour basically pain free (breathing techniques) drug free and naturally! Hurrah! biggrin.gif

#21 Chazee

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

DD1 - Fast
      overwhelming (in a bad way!)
      exhilarating (when pushing)

DD2 - calm
      controlled
      then loss-of-control

(ok that's 3 words for the last one laughing2.gif - loss of control after driving to hospital - dissapointed i had to go, as it broke my fantastic concentration, and the pain became overwhelming, luckily DD came shortly after arriving, i didn't like not feeling in control).

#22 kk23

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

Long, tiring, wonderful.

#23 MagentaBaby

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

Empowering, Intune, Intense - DD1's surprise prem labour (10hrs VB, gas in final 20mins). Absolutely wonderous birth, totally guided by my girl.

Panic-stricken painful fear - oops technically that's four... DD2's 13hr posterior labour after induction (1 dose gel @ 38w+6) threatened emerg.c/s, zero drugs (despite begging for an epi despite my desire to try drug-free), shocking tearing, epis., pushing urgently @ 8cm dilated due to flagging stats. Cord around neck. Forceps. Ugh. ph34r.gif Very close to something far worse.

Edited by MagentaBaby, 28 October 2008 - 02:33 PM.

#24 beck73

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

DS1 - textbook, empowering, life-changing
(induced vaginal birth, felt totally in control and in tune with my body the whole time, incredible feeling in becoming a first-time mother)

DS2 - confusing, distressing, relief
(induced labour, baby turned to face-presentation so emergency c/s, so relieved to finally hold him safely in my arms)

DS3 - intense, longed-for, blissful
(planned c/s, totally surreal to just turn up at the hospital and know I would be meeting my baby that day, flooded with love the moment I first saw him)

Beck

#25 ~Nessie~

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

Exciting – When I was pregnant I couldn’t wait to give birth, to go into labour, and to meet my baby - then when it happened it was exciting!
Satisfying – especially when pushing, but being able to recognise the stages of labour and then pushing him out, that’s very satisfying for me.
Amazing – the overall feeling of what my body did and achieved…it was so cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.