Give Me THREE Words

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

#1 Exhausting, intense, exhilarating
(16 hour labour, 2 hours pushing, vac extraction, epidural)

#2  Empowering, Amazing, Satisfying
(6 hours labour, 2 pushes, epidural)

#3 Scared, Surreal, drug haze
(major cord prolapse, emergency c-section under general)

#27 Mummy2Some

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

DD Long, Painful, Tiring(23 hour labour 3 hours pushing,prep for C section however forcep ending)

DS Quick, Amazing, Satisfying (2h41m labour,15min pushing Gas.)

#28 Tongue~In~Cheek

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

DD - Epidural, Calm, Controlled.  
(induction due to IUGR)

DS - Fast, Intense, Exhilarating
(induction due to SPD. 72 minute labour)

#29 TheFirstNoel

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

Empowering, Awesome, Intense.  For both.  The whole act, what my body did, was simply awe inspiring.  It was intense, the pain, the emotions - the whole ride.  After giving birth it felt like such an accomplishment.

#30 raisins

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:24 AM

DD1-  FAST, RUSHED, FUN

DS-   FAST, PAINFUL, SMOOTH

DD2-  FAST, SORE, EXCITING

#31 lovethebelly

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

DD ~ Calm, Exciting, Rip off. CS due to breech and it made me feel like i was ripped off from giving birth naturally. It was a very relaxed and calm affair though. I was joking around with DP and the nurses about how hot DP looked in his scrubs.

DS ~ Empowering, Doped out, Painfull. The best experience i've ever gone through. Painfull, especially with the tear.

Ayla

#32 NightRain

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

Planned(induced)
Different
Empowering

#33 Electro

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

Empowering, Awesome, Intense. For both. The whole act, what my body did, was simply awe inspiring. It was intense, the pain, the emotions - the whole ride. After giving birth it felt like such an accomplishment.

Absolutely spot on, word for word!

#34 buzz123

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

WOW what an interesting thread.

I'm seeing a pattern emerge.

#35 Em and Annabelle

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

Exciting
Scary
Rewarding

#36 beccit

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

DD1 - long, intervention, relief

DD2 - natural, excited, Happy

#37 Honey~Baby

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

1st = sad, intense & unbelievable

(*warning, stillbirth*)I knew 3 days earlier that she had passed away and was induced. I wanted to experience her birth even though I couldnt experience her life. I spent the night with her and every time I woke I had to check to see if maybe she was alive. I was in disbelief.

2nd = extatic, empowering & healing

Finally I get to birth my live baby and look into her eyes. A childhood dream come true in the privacy and warmth of my own home naturally and beautifully!

#38 sims11

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

Painful, exhausting, amazing

would do it all again for sure.  wub.gif

#39 ethereal

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

DD - calm, loving, incredible (thanks epidural)

DS - fast, traumatic, painful (told to push too soon, very big baby, no drugs, no support)

Louise

#40 irishgirly

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Disappointing only in the lead up as I went to 12 days over and had to be induced, tried everything to get a natural birth.
Frightening as he went into distress straight away.
Euphoric as it didn't matter how he came into the world (emergency c-section) when we got to have our healthy baby safely in our arms.

#41 moobulloo

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

Powerful - The most intense feeling of my life. I remember thinking I could do anything.
Ecstatic - Consumed by joy, ecstasy, love.
Focused - 14 hrs of labour and I never felt out of control once. I trusted everyone there and I trusted my body. I felt so safe & supported. I was free to focus 100% on what my body and my baby were doing.

Drug-free, pain-free water birth - I hope no.2 will be as amazing!

#42 charma

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

1st baby - Scary, painful & tiring
( 31 hr labour when I was 18yo)

2nd baby - Painful, excited & quick
(4 & 1/2hrs mine & hubbys 1st together)

3rd babies - Scary, relaxing & suprising
(I had twin boys, my Dr said with 2 ultrasounds it was a boy & girl, had an epidural so no pain & it was only 4hrs)

4th pregnancy, 5th baby - very scary, uncertain & unknown??
(I had a boy at 34wks with high risk pregnancy, he was taken to the NICU for 2 days, only 1 & 1/2hrs)

#43 Just-Mummy-And-Son

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

Long, Tiring, Disapointing

And there is many more negative words. But I am only allowed 3 Tounge1.gif

#44 MPS mummy

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

LONG. COMPLICATED. TRAUMATIC.  sad.gif

nearly anything will beat her birth, and the 'recovery' that followed. but the end result (DD) was worth it!

hoping and working hard towards a much better birth this time around.

#45 next year maybe

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

painfull, long and confusing!

#46 new~mum~reenie

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

Calm  wub.gif
At home in a birthing pool with hubby, 2 midwives and a student MW, all of whom were quiet witnesses to my acheivement. When Jacob entered the world I scooped him up and he just opened his eyes and looked around. No crying.

Fun
I never lost my sense of humour - I said to the MW's after a contraction "I must be making some terrible faces" they replied 'it's ok, we aren't watching your face'.  "Oh, great".....  laughing2.gif

Powerful
I did it all without pain relief (I didn't feel like I needed it anyway - yay for endorphins!). My hubby told me that he was amazed by my strength. I said I was too!
llove.gif

#47 Freckles

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:37 AM

What a fabulous thread, I've really enjoyed reading all the responses. original.gif

DS: EXHAUSTING, EXCRUCIATING, AWESOME
Augmented labour which seemed to go forever, with epidural. All better once my gorgeous boy was born

DD: LIGHTNING-FAST (ok, 2 words laughing2.gif ), EXCRUCIATING, MINDBLOWING
1 hour, drug-free labour. Felt like Superwoman afterwards.

Not enough words to describe that fabulous moment when my babies were out and with me.  wub.gif

#48 KT2005

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

DS1
In The Zone
(Induced, 14 hours, drug free)
DS2
Exciting, Mixed, Aftermath
(Spontaneous labour, unfortunately kept looking at clock, used some gas but manual removal of placenta needed afterwards with epidural and everything! B*gger!)

#49 Guest_babylea_*

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

early, gas, fast

#50 insomniac

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

Fan - Bloody - Tastic (x 2)

DD - was only at the hospital for 4 hours before she was born, gas only, no stitches or tears.  grin.gif

DS - at the hospital for 1.5 hours before he was born, gas only, no stiches or tears.  grin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.