Birth of Joshua Lucas, my VBA2C I DID IT!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#26 jm3

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

Your story was long, very long and oh so detailed.  A real inspiration for women aiming for a VBAC and especially a VBA2C.

Congratulations - it's a wonderful feeling isn't it!!

#27 roxasha

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

What an inspirational journey ... thanks so much for sharing.

Caz

#28 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

Oh my Daisy, more tears here, you are amazing  wub.gif

Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational journey with us  biggrin.gif

#29 Honey~Baby

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

Fantastic stories. Inspirational, honest and heartwarming. What a beautiful experience for all of those Dr's too.

#30 MoonPie

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

You are woman - I hear you roar!

I related so much to your first birth, and the feelings of failure as a woman. I was glued to your story, and crying.

Thank you so much for posting this story, you've given me hope for the future.

(Now how about a photo?)

#31 goesaround

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

Don't know what to say other then WOW

#32 Chazee

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

What an amazing story!

Congratulations.  wub.gif

#33 ~Poppy~

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

What a powerful story. Amazing. Well done!

#34 buzz123

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:11 AM

Daisymay - I hope you've had a few minutes to read this thread.  You should be so proud.  

How is your little man going?   wub.gif

#35 Chocolate Mousse

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hi Buzz

Yes, as I've been rushing past, I'm constantly popping on to see all my stunning responses.  biggrin.gif  They've been helping me to keep my chin up.  I'm so so delighted to have been able to share my story with so many people as this has been so incredibly special to me. wub.gif   Especially since people are showing me that they really GET what I've been through what a big deal it is for me.  It's awesome.  I love that people have enjoyed it.  I'm blown away by some of the responses though.   blush.gif

Lots of people have said what faith I had in my body, and I just have to say especially for all the ladies planning VBAC;s that i didn't have faith in my body, that I had to really build it.  I worked on it constantly througout the pregnancy.   Also that I wasn't totally fearless at all.  Like I said to a lady yesterday, for me it was a case of 'feel the fear and do it anyway' hee hee.  So, it's not like I'm anything super special.  I guess I'm saying if I can do it, so can  YOU!   grin.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVELY SUPPORTIVE REPLIES.  x x x   wub.gif

I have to say Buzz, that, no my little man has been rather sick.  We spent the weekend in hospital.  He's been vomiting up all his feeds.  Not good at all, quite heart breaking  sad.gif  and time consuming  wacko.gif .  

Love

Me

x  x x

PS I still can't believe I did it, I almost have to pinch myself.

#36 buzz123

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

have to say Buzz, that, no my little man has been rather sick. We spent the weekend in hospital. He's been vomiting up all his feeds. Not good at all, quite heart breaking  and time consuming

sad.gif Oh no! Poor little thing.  Hope it all gets sorted very soon.  Boy you must be very tired.  If I was near you, I'd make some dinner or something for you all.  I'm sorry I can't help.  Hope you have lots of support around you.  

Thinking of you all.

PS. I can believe you did it, you're amazing.

#37 Charmzy

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

I have just pmed you but thought I'd reply here anyway

Congratulations on the birth of Joshua and huge congrats on the VBA2C!!

I am facing Csect #4 and would LOVE to have a VBA3C but just get told again and again that trial labour isnt even an option.

#38 Tetinks

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:23 AM

Wow, I was on the edge of my seat! That is a truly beautiful story and I am so glad you got the support you needed to have the labour you wanted.

I am sorry about your treatment during your first two births.

Congratulations!

#39 babymoo

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

Oh what an amazing story, thank you for sharing, I too got teary.
What a lovely name, I hope he gets better soon.

#40 Melissam12

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

I am facing Csect #4 and would LOVE to have a VBA3C but just get told again and again that trial labour isnt even an option.

Were you give  a reason for this decision?  Studies on women who have VBACs after even 5 CSs have found no increased risk bove that of a VBAC.

#41 hollybeagle1981

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:12 PM

Oh wow!  What an amazing story.  It really puts into perspective how lucky we are as women to give birth. I never imagined you would feel that way from having a caesarian.  You have opened up my eyes.

Love Kristi

#42 henno

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

Many congrats. I have tears streaming down my face at your strength and beautiful story.

Deb

#43 KT2005

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:54 PM

I'm another one with the tears - I've read hundreds of birth stories and never really, properly sobbed reading one before. This is a very special story. Thank you for writing it.

#44 Chocolate Mousse

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

This is a very special story. Thank you for writing it.

thank you so much for sharing it with me  wub.gif , you honour me and my feelings by understanding them and appreciating them thank you so much. x x x

#45 buzz123

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

Hehehe, I came back to read it again.

I just thought that these parts of your very first labour/birth were very telling of the kind of 'treatment' you received.

He said that although I was fully dilated, the head was still really high, but that this baby needed to come out really soon, and I could be like that for another 18 hours. He wanted to give me a caesarean.

By the time they were trying to cut her out, she’d gone far enough down the birth canal that she was stuck. She had to be pushed back up again, and the pushing and tugging of my body was so great that my whole body was being lifted off the operating table.

So your bub either came down while they were preparing for the CS in which case another check before they started the surgery would have been a good idea OR he lied to you OR he had no idea what he was doing.

Whatever it is, its just so sad that this is the story of many women who end up with surgery unnecessarily.  

To go from that birth to this one:-

Peter, was shouting with a smile and so much emotion, ‘I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS, I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS. God, I’ll love him for ever for it, I could feel his emotion and I could feel his total faith and conviction in me. I’ll never ever forget it and I‘ll always love him for it. And I DID IT. I PUSHED HIM OUT WITH MY VERY OWN BODY.

You got what you what you deserved to experience.  The euphoria of birthing, even with all the pain and trial that you went through, you did it!

Any chance Peter would be interested in coming on EB to tell us a bit of his experience?

Edited by buzz123, 24 November 2008 - 08:45 PM.

#46 Chocolate Mousse

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

Hey Buzz

heehee, thanks for coming back to me again.  You're such a honey  x x x

Joshua and I have just come home from hospital AGAIN.  I think I mentioned the vomiting earlier, well, Friday morning I woke up to him vomiting blood!!!!!  Took him straight into the massive, main childrens hospital here in Perth (big drive but worth their expertise) and to cut a long story short, my poor little tiny man needed surgery.  

I've since experienced the most painful thing ever of handing him over to the surgeons, after lots of kisses goodbye, but all my worst fears were for nothing, he came back to me an hour later.  He had Pyloric Stenosis, and we just got out today.  Basically it's a genetic condition which is most common in boys, and it's when the food can't leave the stomach as the tube which empties into the small intestine is too narrow, due to overgrowth of the muscles around it, so they cut the muscle back.  My poor little man.  

Almost ironic isn't it, that I avoid one surgery for another.  It's been a dramatic 6 weeks for me.  Funny, he was due today : ))

Am traumatised and exhausted, but I'll spring back.  I just need some time to see him keeping his food down and recovering, then I will too.  

More soon.  

Love

me
x x x

PS, I'll mention your idea to Peter, but I doubt he'd be up for it.  You never know though...

Edited by daisy-may, 24 November 2008 - 09:10 PM.

#47 buzz123

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:18 AM

ohmy.gif  Oh the poor little fellow.  How awful!  I guess now that you're home it means he's on the mend then?  What a fright it must have been when he was bringing up blood.  

Almost ironic isn't it, that I avoid one surgery for another.
  I remember thinking that when I got gall stones while pregnant.  Avoiding surgery only to have to have it later for something else.

But that's the point though isn't it?  I mean we do what we have to, but putting yourself through it unnecessarily would have meant you trying to recover from your own surgery while dealing with all this trouble your bub has had.  Just think only now would you have been able to start driving etc...

Anyway I hope things get easier for you from here for your whole family.

#48 Geminian

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:52 AM

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

I started getting teary at "OPEN...DOWN" part & all through your story I could feel everything your wrote.
Congratulations Meagan & certainly to Joshua for allowing you to birth him the way that you wanted.

Thankyou for sharing your wonderful experience.

#49 riwybo

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:49 AM

What an amazing story.

#50 morv

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:27 AM

Oh, that is a beautiful story.  Thank-you for sharing.

I hope that your little boy is improving now after the surgery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.