Non-Vaccinated Kids Discussion #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#1 Chelli

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

Hi everyone original.gif
New thread. Here is a link to the last thread http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....ic=573774&st=80

As always:

Please note: This thread is a supportive thread for people choosing not to vaccinate. There are many other areas of EB for people with opposing opinions to discuss them, so I would ask that this thread stays a supportive one. If you have any issues about this, please PM me.

Kind regards
Chelli original.gif

#2 naturalgoodness

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:35 AM

ddance.gif
GOLD
ddance.gif

#3 teabags

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

tanj - We all obviously want to provide the best nutrition/care possible for our babes.  I do feel though that just because we choose not to vaccinate, doesn't mean we have to be super vigilant regarding these matters compared to vaccinated family's. If anything, I feel my child's immune system, digestion & general health is superior to his little mates who seem to get sick left, right & centre.
I would prefer to always use organic fruit & veg too but don't.  I get what I can & make do with what I can't.  My plan is to just provide DS with the healthiest possible diet that I can within our means (organic & non) & not introduce any 'crap' ie processed foods, lollies & all that stuff - so that he's healthy & develops a preference for good food.

I was paranoid after I first decided not to vaccinate about doing everything possible for DS to avoid illness through diet, chiro, naturopath etc etc due to him not being vaccinated.  We still go to the naturopath every now & then & I make all his food....but I have slowly realised that he is naturally a healthy little thing & his body is working with it's environment to protect itself.  I guess I trust him & nature a little more now and am so, so glad that he hasn't recieved any vaccs.

Gosh....a very waffly post - sorry!

Edited by Saffi, 18 November 2008 - 09:57 AM.

#4 mummybek

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hi everyone, I just found this thread, so great.
My DD has just turned 2 she had all her immunisations up to 6 months when my older sister had a baby & made me stop & actually think about it.
The day b4 her second birthday I got a call askig if I was going to get her imms caught up & informing me that centerlink could take all or part of my parenting benifits so I had to rush down to my GP & get a CO form faxed off. Shocking to me my GP was very suportive!! I was expecting a battle & lecture.
My DPs family isnt so supportive so we havnt mentioned it again to them but my family & friends all agree.
My younger sister had her first baby 5 months ago & she had her first imms including a new one for gastro which is a oral does of the live vires. They told her the side effects where basically all the symptoms of gastro & her poor baby got them, she basically had gastro for a week it was awful. She was also told when ever she change the baby she had to wrap it in a plastic bag & place it in an outside bin immediatly.
Sorry to rave on but I think tis thread is great.Thanks everyone!

#5 Taurean

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

Just checking in read/talk soon

#6 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:09 AM

Hi

I was just wondering if any of you ladies selectively vaccinate.  And if so which ones did you accept and why and which ones did you decline and why?

I'm asking because DD is due for her 4 month shots and after being a great believer I'm having second thoughts.  The problem being that I genuinely belive that vaccinations have been a good thing so far for the world, but perhaps they are going a little far now.

I'm also concerned about how adverse events are identified if they are not acute and immediate.  I don't want to google for this info as I know I will be swamped and have too much reading to do for DS's condition which is what got me thinking about vaccinations in the 1st place...

#7 po

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

Not wanting to reinvet the wheel, could anyone direct me as to where they have read supportive material on reasons not to vaccinate? ATM DD is fully vaccinate to 3 yrs and DS is yet to start.....I feel I owe it to my children to be informed before I go ahead and vaccinate. Prior to losing our 1st son I believed in the greater good of the world, now I question everything!
TIA

#8 daffodil27

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

Po - this is our 7th thread - flick back through the previous ones and there is a lot of info there.

#9 po

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

I have been busy reading previous threads and still have some to get through  original.gif
Just wondering if you could point me in the right direction of books to get to support non immunisation.....my Mum will be the hardest to get through to  rolleyes.gif hard material might work  happy.gif

#10 daffodil27

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

I think Hilary Butlers books are good. if you email her (butler@watchdog.net.nz) she will mail you a copy of both her books.

Edited by daffodil27, 27 November 2008 - 10:13 PM.

#11 Taurean

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hillary Butler knows her stuff she has  web page too she emailed it too me before but lost all my old emails. I have read both books and hanging for the next one. Hillary is lovely if you Qs she will always answer them too.

Edited by Taurean, 27 November 2008 - 08:53 AM.

#12 teabags

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

Duffy - we were going to selectively vaccinate until we really got into the research then decided not to do any. I've just done the homeophylaxis (homeopathy drops) for whooping cough & that was that.

po - I've read the 'Vaccination Roulette' & also Hilary Butlers 'Just a little Prick' along with other articles & it was more than enough to convince me that I would never subject my children to immunisations. The AVN website is packed full of info & articles that are easy to quick reference;
link removed
....and here's a link to an interview with a previously pro-vaccination doctor who was actually involved in developing some vaccines & has since had a change of heart - might be a good one for your Mum to read!
link removed
Goodluck with your decision - it can be a tough one at first but I am soooooooooooooooo happy that I chose not to vaccs.

edited to add...
daffodil27 & po - There is so much involved in producing these books that I think if we're suggesting anyone contacts Hilary regarding them, it's best not to suggest that they are 'free'. I know her philosophy is to make the book available to anyone who is interested even if they can't afford it, but unfortunately her goodwill is being taken advantage of & in turn the books may not be available in the future full stop due to lack of funds. I know that 'Just a Little Prick' costs around $50 to produce & send out - why should she be covering that cost? I think a generous 'donation' is in order for anyone requesting her books.
Sorry to go into one about it but the same was suggested to me originally & when I contacted Hilary for the 'free' books, she was pretty upset & I was very embarrassed! She's an amazing woman & so giving.

#13 strawbs77

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

Hi Ladies,

I just saw this post on the side and had to pop in.

My DS#1 is fully vaccinated, DS#2 has all of them but his 4 year olds and DS#3 has only has his 6 weeks ones (he is now 14 months)

I am starting to be really afraid of our desision and I am wondering if any of you started to panic and what did you do about it?

#14 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

Strawbs  My DD1 and DS are fully vaccinated bar their 4 yr old shots.  We went along with the flow until DH started studying homeopathy when DS was over a year and then realised what we had done.  From there we just decided to not do the 4 yr old shots and research it fully if we ever had more children.  DD2 has come come along and so far is unvaccinated.  We have done a bit of research and everything we read just cements our decision not to vaccinate and just to treat homeopathically if any disease arises  original.gif

#15 tjmama

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hi Ladies,
I came across this thread by pure fluke! (looked in the side)
and thought 'yippeee' thats 'me'! biggrin.gif

How are you all?

Alittle about me -
I have a 7yr old DD who is fully vax'd and I didn't give it a 2nd thought 7yrs ago. *Slap head emotion*
I have since had a baby boy who is 5mths old today! (time flies) and he is not vaxd. We have friends who don't vax & that got my thinking about my little boy & what I'm really doing to him... and also seeing other friends getting their child vaxd and all those nasty side effects etc & half of their children are still getting some of the diseases despite being vaxd.
so I refuse to get DS vaxd. cool.gif

gtg, will check back later.
Really glad  found this site. grin.gif

#16 daffodil27

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

Saffi -  I agree what you said about Hilary and her books. I have amended my post accordingly to its not misleading. I myself gave her $100 for each book so I am not a cheap skate by any means.

#17 teabags

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:18 AM

Thanks Daffodil!  It's such a shame that not everyone is so generous & just want something for nothing!

#18 tjmama

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Hi Guys,

What do you think about this 'Whooping Cough' epidemic thats occuring in QLD atm?
My hubby has made me scared of it & we haven't vax'd our son and I'd prefer to keep it that way but finding it hard to convince DH.

#19 strawbs77

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

What do you think about this 'Whooping Cough' epidemic thats occuring in QLD atm?
My hubby has made me scared of it & we haven't vax'd our son and I'd prefer to keep it that way but finding it hard to convince DH.

Actually this is what has me frazzled at the moment.  I am in Melbourne and its hitting hard.  Apparently all of us mums and dads that were vaxed and now not immune and getting it and passing it on..
Its making think twice

#20 babymoo

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

Someone asked about organic fruit & veg before, here's a link to 43 Fruits & Veggies ranked from highest pesticide load to lowest. SO the highest one's are the ones I'd be buying Organic, and the lowest ones I wouldn't bother. I buy a mix of organic and non organic, it's just too expensive to buy all organic, also washing helps.

Link

HTH

#21 tjmama

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

what does everyone think about the Whooping Cough epidemic?

What are you doing to make sure your child doesn't get it?
How likely are we of our children getting it?
What can we do to prevent our children from getting it?

As you can see from my posts I'm getting alittle paranoid about it blush.gif .. doesn't help that I've got a cough & feel congested. unsure.gif
How can little babies that aren't even up to vax age, get WC?

DH is on my back to get DS vaxed but I don't want him done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

#22 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:39 AM

Interesting that the kids getting it are the vaccinated ones  rolleyes.gif  I'm not worried at all, if DD2 gets it then we will treat her homeopathically as we would for any other disease.  I believe if the vaccination wasn't around the disease would probably disappear, it's only extended because kids who get the vaccination can go on and get the disease from it.  Doesn't make sense to me  wacko.gif

#23 tjmama

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

thankyou for replying KM original.gif

DH scares the crap out of me cause he says 'WC will kill!', so I have that running through my head that 'if' somehow my perfectly healthy non-vaxed son gets it, that I will have my Dh badgering me because it will be 'my' fault.

seeing that I am 'chesty' & have a cough could I pass anything onto my DS?... thats what they are quoting on the news.. that parents pass WC onto their children.. & therefore all should get their child vaxed asap, along with every parent... unsure.gif  but isn't that then putting the virus/disease into these ppl & therefore they are 'live' carriers & will obviously, most definatley spread it? wacko.gif  is that right?

#24 emskies

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hi ladies,
After lots of  ph34r.gif  the last few months, I just wanted to pop in and contribute in some way!

DS is not vaccinated. As time goes on though I am becoming less certain about my decision.
DH and I are leaning towards delayed, selective vaccinations.
Has anyone else delayed vaccinations?

I wasn't aware of the whooping cough epidemic in Melbourne (where I live). I am catching up with a girlfriend who is a nurse in Emergency at the RCH here - I might ask her if she's seen many more cases of pertussis. I'll let you know what she says.

As an aside, I had whooping cough really badly as a 2 year old. I spent quite a bit of time in hospital. I was fully vaccinated too!

I buy a mix of organic and non organic, it's just too expensive to buy all organic, also washing helps.

Levi eats 90% organic food, which includes organic bread, yoghurt, milk, fruit and veg. From about 6-9 months I also bought organic meat but this got really expensive so now I only feed him free-range chicken and extra lean mince beef.
He is almost 11 months and eating a lot more of what we do so I have started buying organic for us too. Our grocery bill has gone up by about $25 per week but I see it as investment for the future! Less money spent on doctors visits, medication etc.

#25 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:59 AM

If you have WC then yes there is a chance you could pass it on.  I guess I'd be asking you what you would do for any disease if your baby got it?  Do you have a homeopath you see that you can access if illness arises?  The other important things are is your baby fully breasfed and has no solids as yet?  Do you eat a healthy diet?  Do you take pro-biotics?  These are all things that boost the immune system to help fight disease off.  With high immunity then there is a good chance that you and bubs will not pick up things even if you are around them (the human body is amazing when we treat it right).

I don't buy into the scare tactics that the media like to use, but if I didn't have most of what I listed above then I probably would end up vaccinating  ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.