Non-Vaccinated Kids Discussion #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#151 sallybelly

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

I just wanted to drop in and say that I don't vaccinate my kids in any way.  The experience in my family growing up - My mum always felt that the vaccines were not good this is going back to the 1960/70's.  She always felt really bad about getting them done, but the doctors pushed her into it, being the passive person she is to authority figures, and she didn't have access to any info.  Anyway, all four of us had reactions to the vaccines from the very first shot.  But that didn't stop her going back for more.  We all got at least two shots.  By the second one she never took us back again.

My brother in 1967 had his last WC vaccine.  He was a happy walking and talking baby at 9 months old.  He contracted WC from the vaccine.  And stopped walking and talking.  Walked when he was over 12 months old.  Never talked until just before he turned 6.  Had problems at school and used to run away every other day.  As an adult he is now suffering from mental health problems, probably has since he was a teenager.

Mum blames the vaccine for his going "backwards".  I had severe reactions to the vaccines.  Very swollen hot and red arm, high temps 41 deg.  vomiting and diarrhea for two weeks, don't think thats normal for a four month old.

Next issue of the AVN magazine is going to cover the stats for WC and it shows that even though Australia has such a high vaccination rate, around 95%, the WC rates are higher than they have ever been.  In 1991, there were only 318 cases of pertussis in all of Australia.  The vaccination rate for pertussis in 1991 was 71%.  Today, it is over 95%.  In 2008, there were over 14,000 cases reported.  Therefore, 24% increase in vaccinations and suddenly there is an increase of 13,682 cases of WC.  Very interesting....

Its a shame that the shows like the one on TV last night use such poor reporting.  As usual leaving out some "details" which would show contrary information to what they are reporting.

Sally

#152 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

Jode1982 As the others have said, this is not a WDYT thread, it is a support group ONLY for non-vaccinating parents or parents interested in not vaccinating - if you want answers to your questions then post them in the WDYT forum and people who want to answer you can do it there.

Prickly So glad to hear you are on the tail end of WC, great info on the Vit C, thanks for that. I would, like others have, encourage you to find a good homeopath for future illnesses as that is also another fantastic way to treat anything that comes up. Good on you, it's hard when you are feeling under pressure, guilt and your child's health is at risk.

#153 precious1

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

I just heard the forum Meryl had on the ABC radio Sunshine Coast.

WOW!

Even the debating pro vax doctor was almost convinced  grin.gif
I think it may have even opened her eyes.

She also agreed with many of the things that Meryl had discussed and the big one "Should vaccination be mandatory" The doctor agreed definitely no - we should all have the informed choice!  ddance.gif

Pity this kind of info or media coverage isn't out there more.

I also was horrified with the bias involving the channel 7 coverage. I feel for Dana's parents and the loss of a dear baby however this is the first death from Whooping Cough in many many years.
On the flip side there are many vaccine injury deaths that are not covered at all by the media. Not to mention the other serious injuries caused - that are called anything but vaccine related.  aannoyed.gif

Excellent work Meryl - keep that word out there so we don't have to succumb to injuring our children so that they may belong in society - let alone go to school!

#154 *Rach*N*Spence*

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

Hi, i respect your choice in not vaccinating your child/ren, im just curious as to the reasons why you dont vaccinate? Im new to all this baby and kid stuff and didnt know that vaccinations could or are bad?

#155 mumofesther

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

Peta, do you know if there's any way of retrieving/listening to this mornings interview with Meryl?  I tried everything I could but nothing would work that would let me listen! sad.gif

Even a transcript of the show would be great.  If you have any info on how I could get this info I'd be VERY grateful! original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.