Aug 03 Parents # 112

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 PCCM

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Thank you Kim - I know exactly how you feel...

#27 *JAC*

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hi guys

Hope you all had a great new year.  I was in bed just after midnight, so was pretty quiet.

Had some bad news last week about Imogen.  She had a heart murmur when she was born and after seeing a paeditrician he referred us to a cardiologist.  We went last week and she has Aortic Stenosis - a congenital heart defect sad.gif.  She will be requiring surgery and it will be happening sometime in the near future.  We have another appt. on Tuesday where we will find out more.  My poor little girl having to endure open heart surgery - scares the crap out of me.
She will be requiring further surgeries in the future, and will evenutally have her aortic valve replaced when she's older.

Anyway just thought I'd let you know what was happening in my neck of the woods.  I hope you are all well and I will keep you posted as to what happens with her.

BFN x

#28 PCCM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

Oh sh*t Jaimie - I'm so sorry - I don't know what to say.
Are you okay?

#29 dawnb

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:41 AM

hhugs.gif  Jaimie, i don't know what to say except i hope all goes well and take care you poor thing i would be a mess.

#30 *JAC*

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

Thanks guys

I'm getting there.  I was pretty devastated when we found out, but I guess I've had time to process it all.  We're actually very lucky that she only has the one problem, as most babies who are born with heart defects have a handful of problems.

Anyway I will keep you posted original.gif

#31 dawnb

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

Hi girls

Don't forget to post piccies of your schoolie wink.gif

I will post mine next week as Vic kids don't go back til Monday and Hailey being a preppie doesn't start til Wed (they are doing testing Mon/Tue)

How exciting is anyone nervous/sad?

#32 Isu

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

Oh crap Jaimie, do you know when Imogen will be operated on yet?  Thinking of you.

I haven't checked in for a while obviously.  We had a very good but busy Christmas and New Year, actually I only just now feel like I'm starting to wind down from it all.  I was dreading the school holidays but they went so fast.  Heath went back to school yesterday and Kenzie starts on Monday, she is counting down sleeps now.  That's not to say there will not be tears on Monday though.

Kim, how much longer til your wedding?  Have a fantastic day.  My niece is getting married on 14/2, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'll pop back next week & fill you in on how Mackenzie and school mix.

#33 dawnb

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

Hi lovely ladies,

How are all the schoolies going?

Hailey has settled in fine although she only does half days for Feb to ease them into it.

Thought i would post this here, i know it's been sent to Cindy but not sure if anyone else from the group knows.

It's from Jaimie's sis about Imogen .........

Hi All,
This is just a brief message on Jaimie's behalf re Imogen. She had open heart surgery today to unblock the atery. THe only information that I have is that the surgeons had to do more than they anticipated but it went well. I haven't spoken to Jaimie since she saw Imogen as I am assuming that they don't want to leave her bedside right now. She has asked that people not ring her and wait until she rings you. She is getting a little overwhelmed and is a bit upset to consistently repeat the situation. She and Wade thank you all for your love and support and they will be in touch soon.
Somma (Sister - yeah the one with the pool!!)

hands.gif  that everything goes well for poor little Immy.

#34 ~Miss Jayne~

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

hhugs.gif OMG Jamie, I haven't logged in for a while and then I read this....

I hope that everything turned out okay, My best wishes go out to you.

Lachlan is LOVING school at the moment, I have pics on my Facebook Profile below if you you want a peek.

It's obviously been a horror week down here in VIC for all of us, hopefully noone in here was close to the Fire Zones.

Dawn please let us know if their are any further updates Jamie.

Chat Soon

#35 dawnb

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

Hi,

I got this yesterday ..........

Hi All,
Just another update for you. Spoke to Jaimie and Imogen has been taken off the ventilator this morning and is now breathing on her own. She had a couple of issues which has delayed things a little bit, but smooth sailing from here!! She had some fluid on her lung(s) which was drained and the last x-ray was clear (hence why they have removed the ventilator). She has to fast for another four hours before she can have something to drink as they have to make sure everything is fine with the ventilator being removed. She will have about 10mls every hour...
Jaimie even managed to have a quick cuddle this morning but was interupted as the baby next to them had some major issues so they had to leave. They hope to be out of intensive care tomorrow and into a normal ward.
Again, she has asked people not to ring her as she does have to switch her phone off when she is in the hospital. She also thanks everyone for their love and support.
Ethan and Kaitlyn are doing well and are obviously looking forward to Mummy, Daddy and Imogen coming home. We obviously don't know when that will be, but at a guess it would be late next week at the VERY earliest or early the following week.
Somma

#36 ~Miss Jayne~

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

tthumbs.gif  Thats Great News!

My thoughts are with her..

Thanks you Dawn.

#37 Isu

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for posting that Dawn.  Jaimie you are in my thoughts.

Well Kenzie is in her 3rd week of school now, how quick has that gone. She seems to be going along fine, Thursdays & Fridays she seems to sook a bit in the morning but I think it is only tiredness.  

I had my nieces wedding in Wollongong on the weekend, unfortunately it P'd down for the whole thing but it was still a great night.  Heath & Kenzie didn't get off the dance floor once the music started and both collapsed in a heap at midnight when the music stopped  biggrin.gif

Better go & get myself organised for swimming lessons. Kenzie hates doing them after school because she just wants to chill and play after spending all day at school.

#38 dawnb

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:06 AM

Hi another update on Immy ............

Hi all

thanks somma for updating everyone!

We are still here in Melbourne - but she is going incredibly well!! We should be able to leave Wed/Thurs. It couldn't come too soon - I'm missing my babies terribly and just want to get Immy home away from people poking and prodding her.

Thank you so much for your kind wishes! It means a lot to know you're all thinking of her xxxx

I will update again after seeing our cardiologist - we have to go home via WCH (not sure if we have to be admitted or not - the people here think we do, but I'm pretty sure it's just for scans etc.) who will give us a real rundown on how successful the repair was, and what sort of lifespan her aortic valve will have (in other words - when will we need to go back!!).

Love to you all xx

#39 dawnb

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Another Immy update .............. poor Jaimie sad.gif

Hi guys

Have to be quick - I've been on here long enough!!

We've been readmitted into hospital again! We actually got released on Wednesday back to our accommodation, but we had to go in 3 times a day for observations etc. and we still weren't allowed to leave until Friday. Come Thurs afternoon, the doctor tells us they still want to monitor her BP as it's been high. She had been really grizzly the last few days and not feeding well - we told the doctor and he said he wanted to admit her again to find out what was going on, so he sent us to Emergency here (as admissions were closed - it was about 6pm).

7++ hours later (!!!) we get upstairs again and she has a diagnosis of a UTI! (urinary tract infection). Poor thing is on a drip again with antibiotics and it looks like we have another few days here for them to clear up her infection.

So we really don't have much of an idea when we get to leave this place. The good news is that she's starting to get back to the old happy Imogen - feeding heaps better etc. so that's a good thing.

So that's the latest!! Sorry it's so rushed but as I said I'm in a bit of a hurry!!

I'll keep you all informed!!

Love Jaimie
xxx

#40 lil3

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

hi all! i thought i might come and join this group as our son was born the 6th of August 2003.  I also have a daughter chelsea-may who is three and i am 10 weeks pregnant at the moment.  What a time to join when there is so much going on with jaimie's liitle one imogen, my thoughts and prays goes out to and you family. Well i better go and i will chat to you all later.

love sharon

#41 dawnb

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Welcome Sharon it's very very quiet in here atm, i am always on Facebook so i get to see everyones news/updates there.

Can i just say Hailey is a pita at the moment, the smart mouth and she won't go to sleep at night grrrrrrrrrrr  rant.gif

#42 Isu

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

Hi Sharon, as Dawn has mentioned we are very quiet these days.

Dawn any updates re Jaimie?

Also know what you mean regarding sleep, Kenzie just takes forever to fall asleep each night but then whinges in the morning how tired she is ddoh.gif

#43 *JAC*

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hi guys

Sorry - I thought I had come in here to update, but I musn't have.  Thanks Dawn for letting everyone know what was going on  original.gif.

We are home (obviously wink.gif) after 16 days in Melbourne.  She is going fantastic, she really is amazing!  We stopped in at our major hospital here in Adelaide on the way home from the airport for another echo, xray and ecg.  Our cardiologist is very happy with the surgery.  He said the valve is as good as it could ever be, and that it's gone from 'critical to a little bit worse than mild'.  He couldn't tell us how long the valve will last for - it could be months, years or even decades.

Thanks guys for your well wishes - it means a lot that you guys are still here for me, after all these years.  If anyone wants to see some piccies of my brave little girl and you're not already on my Facebook, look up Jaimie Collyer and add me.

Sharon - Hello and welcome!  Yep I'm afraid our little group is dwindling.  Since Facebook came along I guess we've had kind of little use for this.  Please keep posting if you like though because I (and everyone else) do still come in occasionally.  Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Hope you're not copping too much morning sickness!  Thanks so much for your kind thoughts re Immy original.gif.

Anyway, hope you are all well!

BFNx

#44 lil3

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

just aquick question what is facebook and how do you get on it.  Sorry if sounds dumb.

As of this saturday i will be 11 weeks.  The m/s has all got but gone, but as soon as i have milk or butter i feally yucky in the stomach, mu mum said that i could be a bit lactose intolreance, but i can handle cheese allright.  Any suggestions!!
well i better go and i will chat to you all later

sharon

sharon

#45 thekidsarewinning

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:33 AM

Hi

I am new to EB. Still finding my way around. Mum to 3, boy Aug 03, girl July 05 and boy June 08. Thought this was the best group for me as Aug 03 was definately when my life changed forever. cool.gif

#46 ~tinkerbell~

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

HI girls, long time no write....Yvette here.

Welcome Sharon and thekidsarewinning.  

Not much happening here.  Just thought I would pop in and see how everyone's 6 year old is going.

I can't believe that DS is 7 in August and is in Year 1 this year.  My big boy is off to school.

Did the whole weight and height thing last night.  OMG....Bennett is 127cm tall, and weighs 29kg.  He is in size 8 clothing and is about to head out of Size 3 shoes.  I can't believe how big he is.  Mind you I suppose he started big and just hasn't stopped.  I am so dreading him getting bigger, and those feet.....lol.

Hope to hear from some of yous oon.

#47 antony

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (~tinkerbell~ @ 14/01/2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI girls, long time no write....Yvette here.

Welcome Sharon and thekidsarewinning.  

Not much happening here.  Just thought I would pop in and see how everyone's 6 year old is going.

I can't believe that DS is 7 in August and is in Year 1 this year.  My big boy is off to school.

Did the whole weight and height thing last night.  OMG....Bennett is 127cm tall, and weighs 29kg.  He is in size 8 clothing and is about to head out of Size 3 shoes.  I can't believe how big he is.  Mind you I suppose he started big and just hasn't stopped.  I am so dreading him getting bigger, and those feet.....lol.

Hope to hear from some of yous oon.

#48 antony

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

Hi Yvette, Isabella is also in year 1 this year, we moved to the south coast and lost your address. Hope things are going well for you.Bernie Anthony and Isabella anvinhire@bigpond.com  .

#49 ebany10

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Hello all  its been many many many years since i have posted here... i thought i might spoke some people and say hi.... if im remembered rolleyes.gif lol... i do remember a lot of name and hope everyones little ones are still going great.. boy they grow upo quick and time change so fast hey... though i would drop in from time to time and say hi...... chat soon x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.