70 replies to this topic

#1 Bel

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

New Thread Time original.gif

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=567593

#2 ~Fuzjuz~

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

GOLD ddance.gif

Thanks Lynnie, Nerida & Kaylene. wub.gif He is such a good baby. Hope it stays that way. wink.gif

Kaylene, can definately say we're done. Feel very complete with our 4. wub.gif

Almost feeding time, ttfn. waves.gif

#3 ~Kaylene~

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

Where have you all gone????

#4 MeNelly

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

I aint gone nowhere!!  I keep checking in and no-one has written anything then I slink away feeling dejected  tongue.gif

We are busy with all the end of year stuff that happens at this time of year.  One DD has finished school, one finishes Kinder tomorrow, one finishes on Thursday and one on Friday.  We have parties to bake for (SIGH) and one daughter is going to this friends house today, another one another day, to the movies, having a friend over etc. little social butterfly original.gif

I am looking forward to the school holidays, less rushing around.

I had one of my daycare children today for the last time, very sad, I have had her two older sisters and she is the last.  Hopefully we will catch up from time to time to see them all, I feel like they are a part of our extended family.

Glad all is going well Juzzy original.gif  Wish I could have a cuddle.

TTFN

Lynnie original.gif

#5 ~Kaylene~

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hi original.gif

Lynnie...I didnt think you did DC anymore??? I also still pop in and leave feeling REJECTED!!!  :xmas_rolleyes:

Here...Miss E is 6 months today!!! Going too damn fast!!! She also has 2 little shiny teeth down the bottom (my others didnt get teeth so early) she does like to let me know when she has had enough boobie though with a good quality CHOMP! Shes like a bloody pitbull!!! Other night in teh bath, she was reaching for them, so naturally I though she was hungry...offered...CHOMP AND HOLD!!!  :xmas_ohmy:  :xmas_ohmy:  :xmas_ohmy: OUCH MUCH SCREAMING!!!

Other lot...we are all looking forward to chrissy original.gif Been splurging a bit with Mr krudds extra bonus original.gif original.gif original.gif LOVE THAT original.gif

Hope you are all well...come chat!
hugs
K original.gif

#6 leo the lioness

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

Boo! :xmas_tongue:  :xmas_tongue:

Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope Santa is good to you all.

#7 ~Fuzjuz~

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

Boo to you too Nerida.  :xmas_tongue:

waves.gif Kaylene & Lynnie.

Merry Christmas & a better 2009 to you all. xxxx

All going great here. Kane is 4wks old tomorrow. ohmy.gif cry1.gif Is going to quick now. He is a great baby, same as Blake, feeds, sleeps & hardly crys. We are so in love with him. wub.gif

Here's some photos for you.

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/j...7/Kane/kj22.jpg

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/j...ne/100_5007.jpg

In his christmas outfit wub.gif
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/j...ne/100_5015.jpg

Hope you're all enjoying the holidays. waves.gif

#8 ~Fuzjuz~

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Hope you had a safe one & best wishes for the year ahead. original.gif

#9 ~Kaylene~

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

Hey Jus hes gorgeous!!!! babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif

Hey Nerida  hhugs.gif

Here we had a wonderful chrissy! The kids are still recovering though...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much party for them! We all got VERY spoilt and had a fab day original.gif

New years was good too original.gif

All sweet and dandy! Em is 6 months now...and it is all going waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too quick...would love a coupel more but i cant i cant NO NO NO!  oomg.gif I could have done with afew LESS at shopping today though LOL!  wwhistle.gif

LOVE the new smileys!!! llove.gif

Hope you are all well...come talk to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  ssorry.gif

#10 leo the lioness

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hey girls!

Not a lot happening here ... we've been quarantined for just over a week now because Brady has the chicken pox. sad.gif He was immunised but I'm sure he got a dud batch!  He's covered in them. sad.gif (If you are interested I have blogged it.)  He still has one that is blistery so until that scabs over we are stuck at home.

Not a lot else happening.  Brady is asking how many sleeps until kinder starts - he's excited about it.  I still have to get him a drink bottle and possibly a new lunch box.

Kyra has decided she doesn't want to go back to school - think she is having some issues about grade 1!  She wants to stay in Prep.

Hope everyone is well.  Take care,

#11 auntysitter

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

Hello

SO sorry to crash your buddy group but I have a question about my nephew who was born may 02, to do with development, and I figured you guys would know best.

If anyone can help, I was wondering is it fair to expect a 6 1/2 year old to be able to dress himself? ie I tell him it is time to get dressed, he goes and picks clothes (from a limited selection as he only has a bag full and is only staying with me a short time) put them on and come back out dressed?  I am not talking about matching or even neat, just dressed.  I assumed he should be able to do this as he goes to school swimming lessons and gets himself dressed there... he is not delayed in any other way.

Also, he was going to spend a night somewhere else, I asked him to get clothes for tomorrow and pajamas and whatever else he wanted to take while I got the smaller kids ready, I found him in his room playing and when I asked him what he was doing said he couldn't find anything so he gave up.  

Is he being lazy or am I expecting too much?

TIA and so sorry again for butting in.  I am sure there is a better place for this but couldn't find anything else specific to this age group.

Cheers!

#12 leo the lioness

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  Kyra now has the chicken pox and I'm ... going ... crazy! oomg2.gif  oomg2.gif  oomg2.gif I'm sick of being stuck at home!

#13 MeNelly

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

Oh no, Nerida how awful for you.  It should all be gone before school starts though right?

Auntysitter, sounds to me like you are reading too much into it.  If your nephew is able to go to swimming etc. I am sure he is capable of dressing himself.  Have you asked his  mother whether he can do it by himself?  My 4 year old can dress herself but often chooses not to as she is stubborn original.gif  My 6 year old can dress herself but has trouble getting some tops off and doing up buttons takes her a while but she can do it.  She can't tie shoelaces yet though.

He might just be having too much fun playing at Aunty's house with all the new toys that he normally doesn't have that he is too distracted to do what you ask him to, he could also be lazy though original.gif

As for packing his own bags, yes I do think that is expecting a bit much.  When we go away I always pack for the girls, I don't expect them to know what to pack unless I tell them item by item what to get.

I hope that helps you a little bit.

Lynnie original.gif

#14 leo the lioness

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:20 PM

Hi girls,

Lynnie:  Thankfully, Kyra doesn't have a nasty case of them so will be well enough to go back to school. ddance.gif  She's probably going to end up with one scar while poor Brady is going to have lots. sad.gif

Hi Kaylene and Juzzy.

What is everyone up to this weekend?  Unfortunately, DH is at work today and tomorrow so no Australia Day celebrations for us.  We did go out for lunch yesterday (to the local 'RSL club) and then headed to my sister's for a swim.  Then, last night we went to my brother's for a barbecue dinner and Guitar Hero World Tour.  I even sang and had a go at playing bass - not very well!!

Better go and get myself some lunch.
Take care,

#15 MeNelly

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

Hi Nerida,
I just saw you on facebook original.gif
That is great that Kyra won't miss out on the first days of school.
We just got home from our weekend away, we left yesterday late in the day and stayed at my Dad's farm (he wasn't there though) and the girls loved it, Dad has two small dogs that the girls dote over.  DH and I had dinner there (the girls got takeaway on the way as we were running late).  I cooked the most beautiful meal and was so proud of myself as I was using someone else's kitchen.
We drove today to my Uncle's farm which was supposed to take an hour and about 10 minutes BUT we took ONE BLOODY wrong turn and ended up driving for just over 2 hours to get there.  It was stinking hot there and a bit uncomfortable but it was great to catch up with my Dad's side of the family who I haven't seen for quite a few years - possibly as many as 6 years since my grandmother and Uncle's funerals.  It was interesting to see how people have aged.  I caught up with cousins I haven't seen for years too and it was a lovely day. Oh, and one of my cousins owns a LOLLY shop!!!!  So my girls want to go and visit her now LOL.  My aunty also offered me her holiday home to rent for a weekend away sometime, it has a koala sanctuary nearby so the kids will love that too.
We just got home and I have a rotten headache from driving so I am off to have a red wine now original.gif
Tomorrow I think I will just chill.  DH wants to tidy the garden though - blergh.  I will do some but dont' want to exhaust myself.  We have our birthdays next Thursday and Friday and our anniversary on Saturday so we are having a dinner party original.gif

Lynnie original.gif

#16 ~Kaylene~

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

Auntysitter...yup I agree sound sliek jes being lazy!!! Miss C chooses all her own clothes now and is sure they match and all teh rest! She could also pack a bag if i told her what was to go in it!!! Boys can be VERY dreamy though!!!

Hey girls...lomg time no drop in...I have been soooo full on lately, dotn feel like i have done enything but havent stopped either???

We moved into our new room YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE nd school starts next week WOOOHOOOOO 2 in full time school!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo what will i do with myself LMAO wink.gif

Nerida...are those nasty chickens vactaed your house yet YUCKO!

Lynnie nice to have a family reunion..even if you did get lost wink.gif

Well soooooooooooooo much to do....
will be back soon promise
hugs
K original.gif

#17 leo the lioness

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

Happy (belated) Birthday Lynnie!!

I hope you had a great day yesterday and I hope you enjoy your dinner party.

Kaylene:  Chickens have vacated!  Kyra only got a very mild dose so her vaccination obviously worked!  Sounds like you are enjoying your new room!

Juzzy:  Hi!

#18 MeNelly

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

Thanks Nerida,
Dinner party went very well, everyone had fun and the conversation sure flowed long into the night, along with the wine original.gif  
I weighed myself this morning and found I hadn't put on any weight which was a surprise!! original.gif  I have now lost 3kg in 3 weeks YAY.
Off to get a few school supplies now.

Lynnie original.gif

#19 ~Kaylene~

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

HAPPY BDAY LYNNIE original.gif original.gif Gotta love a galss of wine original.gif

Nerida BUKKURRKKK (you really have to say that out loud LMAO original.gif

Where oh where oh where is everyone!!!

#20 ~Fuzjuz~

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

NERIDA & LYNNIE, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you & hope you're all safe. hhugs.gif

All fine here. A lot cooler today & hope a cool change hits VIC & the rest of our fire affected state. hands.gif

#21 leo the lioness

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

Thanks Juzzy.  All safe here, but I have friends whose families are affected.  sad.gif  cry1.gif  I'm also worrying about a friend in Beechworth.

#22 MeNelly

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:05 PM

Thanks Juzzy for the thoughts, we are in suburban Melbourne so not directly affected except for having to live through the hottest Melbourne day EVER!!
It has been horrendous seeing all the media accounts of what has happened to the thousands of people affected by the fires.  I haven't had word from my family yet if any are affected, I have HEAPS of extended family in rural Victoria.  My Dad is in the CFA but thankfully hasn't had his area affected thank goodness.
I have registered to give blood and we are organising donations of money, food and personal items through the girls' schools.  One of my daughter's primary school teachers has parents in the affected area and she is taking the stuff up personally.  I feel a bit helpless actually.
Dh's family in Europe were really worried about him, particularly his mother.  We got texts in the middle of the night and emails etc.  We sent them a message to let them know we were OK as it is all over the news there.  DH called his mother on the phone too so she could hear that he was OK.  She really worries at lot about him, and of course things being on the other side of the world seem so  much more scary for them.

Kids have all settled well into Kinder, Primary School and High School.  My eldest DD is now in year 11!!!  YIKES, where did that time go?  My second DD is now as tall as me and taller than her older sister!  DD#3 is loving school and her new male teacher.  DD#4 is LOVING Kinder and got really angry at me yesterday as she was told that there was no Kinder on Mondays LOL.

Lynnie original.gif

#23 MeNelly

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Hellooooooooo????
Where is everyone?
I have been on a diet for 5 weeks now and have lost 6kg YAY.  I haven't even been exercising much, not formally anyway, I have been renovating the house and running around doing the normal mum stuff and daycare and cleaning two houses a week - that is enough for now original.gif

Anyway, thought I would post as we are going to disappear at this rate!

Come in and share something of your lives girls - get off Facebook LOL.

Lynnie original.gif

#24 leo the lioness

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hi Lynnie!

Not a lot going on here.  Same old stuff - school/kinder, housework/work!

In saying that though, we are having a busy week.  Last night we had a "Welcome BBQ" at Kyra's school.  The classrooms were open for us to have a wander through and to chat to the teachers.  Kyra loved showing us (especially her Dad!) her classroom.  DH also got to meet some more of the mums and dads which was nice.  We also caught up with Kyra's teacher from last year.

Tonight, Kyra has a party after school.  Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday and DH's sister's birthday.  Nephew will be 10 and SIL will be 30.  She is having a "Singstar" party on Saturday night.  I won't be doing any singing or starring!

We had some terrible news late last week.  One of Kyra's school friends lost his mum in a car accident last Thursday. cry1.gif She had a passenger in the car who also happened to be a "school mum" - we listened to the kids read together most mornings last year.  She had to be airlifted to Melbourne.  On Monday, our local paper reported that she was in "a stable condition" in a Melbourne hospital.

Got to run.  Still lots to do around here before I go and pick Brady up from kinder.

#25 MeNelly

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

Oh Nerida, I am so sorry for your loss.  Have you had an update on the other lady's condition yet?

I have Ella home with tonsillitis this week, she was a bit of a devil though, she was running a fever for a few days and not complaining of anything else and still eating and drinking so I had NO clue that she had tonsillitis.  I felt awful when the Dr told me she had it.  She is on anti-biotics now (which she hates the taste of) and is much better already.  It is hard to get her to drink it now though.  She will have been home from school all week sad.gif  poor girl.  Hopefully she hasn't missed out on too much school work.

I am going to a party-plan clothes party tomorrow night, should be interesting!!  I need new clothes anyway as I have lost 6 kilos and a lot of my clothes are too loose, the bottom half anyway.

We got new doors installed at home yesterday and I am rapt with them, I have to paint them now though, that will be a huge job.  We get a new front door next Monday which is also very exciting.  We have to go handle shopping on Saturday.

Lynnie original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.