Where can I buy a head/face guard for hair washing anyone?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JessieW

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

You know the baby ones you can get in the chemist? I just can't find one to fit my 3 year old's head and she screams and cries when I wash her hair.

Please help!

Thanks so much

Jess

#2 twotofour

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

spotlight has them in the baby section  original.gif

#3 sandoz

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

I think I've seen them at Big W

#4 bubbalee

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

I saw a little jug thing that has a soft rubber section to place over the childs head to stop watering going onto their face at Target yesterday.

#5 JessieW

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:31 AM

Thanks Guys - I'll check these out

Jess

#6 Guest_Elliesmum_*

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

Can I just say don't buy the jug... it doesn't work and somehow manages to pour water in their ears instead.  I've tried it on my DD and myself and we've both had the same outcome.  

I've found the best solution is to get a damp facewasher and fold it up and have them hold it tight on their eyes while they tip their head back.  Any dribbles get absorbed by the washer.

It took a few turns with me in the bath with DD having 'practises' on each of us before she got the hang of it but now she just holds it on herself while I rinse.

#7 T100

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

I would agree with the face washer.  A friends mum also used to use a watering can on the basis that she was "watering the flowers", rather than washing hair.  Whatever works.

#8 sparassidae

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

We have also used the face washer with great success, or you can get a child size snorkelling mask and get them to hold that on their face (if you put it on with the strap the hair is harder to rinse in that spot).

#9 Clampitt

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

My DD wears DS's Thomas the Tank Face Guard - bought it from Spotlight and it's great because it has a velcro sticky so will adjust to fit any size head.

Jen

#10 Pudma

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

DS wears his gogles that he uses for swimming lessons - works a treat!

Edited by Pudma, 24 December 2008 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.