Making money while you sleep

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 smtm

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:37 AM

It’s rare that I feel confident enough to recommend a book, however I have discovered an exception on this occasion. I have just finished a book titled “How to make money while you sleep” by Brett McFall. I have no affiliations with Brett, in fact I first heard about his book on channel Nine’s A Current Affair, and decided to make the investment since I already sell ebooks and have a keen interest in making money – well don’t we all.

To my surprise Brett’s book was very well rounded read, touching on a number of topics. Essentially Brett talks about how you can start your own business by selling ebooks on line. Now before you click away, under the assumption you couldn’t possibly write a paragraph let alone an entire book, which you could sell on the net, one of the appealing factors about Brett’s book is he covers all angles. He even explains how those who cannot write to save themselves can still profit from selling ebooks on the net, covering topics such as discovering ‘what you could write’, ‘how you can get over the hurdle of writing’ and ‘how you go about actually selling the book on the net’. Best of all this type of business involves very little capital, so there is really nothing stopping you from giving this a go.

I personally have spent a lot of time researching "how to profit from the provision of information on the Internet". So I knew after reading Brett's book he had  done a great job, summing up my own research in a concise and easy to understand manner.

The key to any business is persistence, whether you’re selling digital products on the net or widgets at the local market. If you decide you would like to make money while you sleep, as detailed in Brett’s book you need to understand and accept it won’t happen over night. It will happen if you make the right level of commitment and have a great deal of determination to succeed. I think that’s where many people fail in business, not so much the business idea but the understanding it takes time, and perseverance. So if you decide to take up Brett’s book, know that making money in your sleep will take time.

If things are a little tight – given its Christmas, you could always go to your local library and request they stock the book, following is the info you may need to supply the librarian to order the book.

ISBN 0-7314-0729-6,
How to make money while you sleep, A 7-step plan for starting your own profitable online business.
Publisher; John Wiley – www.johnwiley.com.au/trade
Website; www.brettmcfall.com

Happy reading
Cheers Sonia

Sonia Williams a mother of two, qualified accountant and founder of the free online magazine Show Mummy the Money, designed to help mums, save, make and protect their money. You can access the current edition and past editions at www.showmummythemoney.com.au, simply click on the covers. She is the author of two books, Show Mummy the Money 2006, and Raising a Business 2007 available through all good book stores.

This information is correct at time of writing. It is general advice only and has not been tailored to your personal circumstances. Please seek personal financial advice prior to acting on this information.

Sonia Williams
www.showmummythemoney.com.au

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.