Jun 03 Parents # 142

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#26 nw0301

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

Well how does 10:30 suit everyone?

The park is here:
http://www.whereis.com/#session=MjU=

Wongala Crescent - Beecroft. Its kind of on the corner of Hannah Street and Wongala Crescent.

Looking fwd to friday now - haven't caught up with you guys in ages.

Dinner went well - was bliss not having dishes or mediating whilst eating. I think my kids are sick of the holidays....they are good 80% of the day but just grate on each other the other 20%!

I like this one -  ffear.gif  - I am sure I look like this every time I walk into the play room and see what my kids are up to!

#27 Wickedness

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

lol Niki 1030 is good, i will only have ryan as erin is in daycare.

see you there!  waves.gif

#28 nw0301

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

TanD is still away on holidays.

Sad for us but I am jealous of her - they have been away for weeks!

Anyhow - supposed to be a cool change coming through this afternoon - we will see, I have everything crossed, these hot days just knock me for six.

Can't wait for tomorrow - think I might attempt to make honey joys....I think I love them more than the kids do.

Will pm alternate details to all coming tomorrow - if you don't get a pm, leave a note here - I will check back later.

#29 Wickedness

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

im kid free! im still coming though. i need to stop off and get some stuff in hornsby afterwards.

will see you at the park at 10.30. Nikita and any others!

Edited by snowball, 16 January 2009 - 08:08 AM.

#30 ~*Bee*~

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

even more tragic thank thinking of taking today off to come and play... is that all the girls who usually post in here are at a flipping park in Beecroft and I have no one to amuse me  tongue.gif

I'm BORED!

I hope you all have fun! biggrin.gif

Edited by ~*Bee*~, 16 January 2009 - 01:31 PM.

#31 ~*~Jacqui~*~

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

Bloody hell, Sarah!!  I thought you were pregnant when I saw  bbaby.gif then I thought Tanya was pregnant!  Especially when Jak used this one  oomg.gif

Friggen confusing emoticons making me read the actually posts laughing2.gif

Lyndy!!  Such great news, that is brilliant!!

Are there photos of the playdate on stalkerbook?  I want to check out the Loonie kids!!

#32 ~*Bee*~

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

There are at least two of them that I can think of that may have had the camera handy...and a bottle of Tequila  Tounge1.gif
Hope you all had a great time.

I have to say, at least at the old job I had more than enough to keep me going ALL week. This job, if there are no calls, i get bored... lol.
Small attention spand it would appear.

#33 ~*~Jacqui~*~

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

bbabyflip.gif

Edited by ~*~Jacqui~*~, 20 January 2009 - 10:40 PM.

#34 nw0301

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

Congratulations Jacqui!

Just saw your ticker and had to reply - gee you are brave going for number 4.

I really admire that - 2 is hard enough for me.

Hope it is an uneventful 8 months ahead.  eexcite.gif

#35 LyndyLou

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

OH WOW... congrats Jacqui.. you brave girl.  I tell you, some of us are just natural born mothers (not me) and others have to work hard (err me). I really couldn't cope with anymore ... would certainly do my head in.  Too old now anyway, but regardless....

So happy for you anyway, you of the born mother type lol.  Exciting news.

How HOT is it today in Sydney????  I'm hybernating inside, trying to amuse the boys.  Sam is going for an early (hopefully loooooooooong sleep) because he's out of whack an been staying up late (not because of us either).  Some hard yards ahead for that one I tell you... Mummy is cutting the cord (and my hair which he STILL needs to get to sleep) and getting tough this year because I need to sleep through for a night.

Gotta go.
Lx

PS:  Would have been great if you HAD made it the other day Bee.  I've only met you that once, years ago at the playcentre.

#36 ~*Bee*~

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

OOOH Jacquii... I saw your ticker as I was reading through all the different posts and thought ohmy.gif did I miss that the other day?

Congratulations missy... I hope all the event business happens no sooner than 8 months time, I expect a beautifull little baby for you...maybe a sister (or 2) for Ruby...lol

Nikkita... Well impressed with your regular appearances! biggrin.gif Not that impressing me should be of any consideration ...lol

#37 Curly Wurly

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

Congratulations Jacqui  tthumbs.gif

It is BLOODY HOT!!!! and I am no longer a 5 minute walk to the beach.  I should have stayed up north for another week.  This house has no air-con, mind you, it will by the end of the week.

Back to reality. Back to school mode....

School shoes bought and old ones polished:  Tick
Lunch boxes have right lids: Tick
Uniforms organised: Tick
Hair cut: Tick
Drink bottles (x2 each) half filled with water and in freezer:  Tick (I top them with water in the morning so by lunch time it has defrosted and cold)
School materials bought for Rachelle and Gabby: Tick
EVERYTHING LABELLED: Tick
Trays organised, one for notes, one for copious amounts of craft/paper brought home: Tick
Coin purse filled with change: Tick
Box of tissues for Me: Tick

Can't believe I missed a get together.

Take care and congratulations once again, Jacqui.

#38 ~*~Jacqui~*~

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Thanks  biggrin.gif   I'm a little excited!!

It just feels right this time!  Last time I was in such a shock and I didn't know if it was a good thing, then I M/C'd before I got my head around it.  

This is just so different.  Again, not planned, you would think we would have learnt the first time  ddoh.gif

#39 ~*Bee*~

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

let's call it recovery releif amnesia ;-P that's why you forgot!

Not really trying here...that will come later I hope.

Tan... do we really need to label ALL their clothes? how often is a 5yo girl going to part with her dress? As I was saying to my friends... I can't imagine them all sitting down at lunch in the preppie area egging her on to do a nudie run through the courtyard... or would they? Therefor I can't see the reasoning in labeling her dress??

Edited by ~*Bee*~, 23 January 2009 - 01:17 PM.

#40 Curly Wurly

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

I have had school dresses returned by mothers of the Girls friends after playdates at their places.  Also label not only on the collar but elsewhere on the clothes esp jumpers as not everybody is honest. Shoes definitely need to be labelled. School bags need something bright tied to them to easily identify (our school likes the bags to be all the same). I have never bought fancy labels. I use masking tape with permanent marker and I buy clothes label tape from Woolworths which I iron/sew on clothes I use a laundry marker for these. Also keep handy iron on hemming tape as you can guarantee the hems will come down when you dont have the time to hand sew.

I keep two of everything. This includes lunch boxes, drink bottles and a second jumper and hat.

I use snaplock bags for morning tea as it got expensive replacing containers. A small bag for a spare pair of undies and socks for accidents. Lip balm in their pockets as lips get dry in both summer and winter. I take a cold drink for school pickup as they never seem to drink enough.

Go to Office Works and buy a decent pencil sharpener, bulk glue sticks and rediscover your love for covering books with contact. Oh, I hate those bubbles

#41 LyndyLou

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

oomg.gif OMG I'm having an anxiety attack  nno.gif

#42 Guest_**Jak**_*

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

cry1.gif
I am wishing I homeschooled at the moment...LOL...I hated dropping Sambo off at the classroom  cry1.gif
It sux.

#43 ~*Bee*~

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

I haven't had to do my drop off yet... am secretly dreading it, because Soph doesn't know anyone there.

Anyway... am wondering how people with more than one little one going to school this year are coping?

Feeling hot hot hot... love Melbourne.

Edited by ~*Bee*~, 01 February 2009 - 05:51 PM.

#44 nw0301

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well I can honestly say that week 1 (albeit only 3 days) has been a success!!!  ddance.gif

I cannot believe how well JE has settled in. We crumple our face every morning for about 20 sec but no actual tears and then love every second after that. Pickup is to an excited little girl who has always had the "best day ever!" and todays line "why can't I go tomorrow?"

Who would have thought my quiet, shy, introverted girl would have so few attachment issues! I was honestly expecting  sad.gif  and instead got this  grin.gif !

I would have to say the Starting Big School program they ran (which was orientation every fortnight from the beginning of term 3) is probably behind it - but who cares how it happened, I am just glad it did. Actually when we got there the principal called all the kindergarten kids out the front and they all went - no tears. She said it was a first in her years of teaching.

As for me - the surprise ( oomg.gif ) at how well it went stole the moment and left little room for any other emotions. THen today came the realisation that my life has forever changed and all I could think about was trying to calculate how many school lunches I will have to pack over the next 14 years (assuming Joel starts next year!). LOL - my biggest concern!

Well I hope all the other kids are doing as well and the mums too.

dev (6).gif I just put this one in as I am obviously going for the most smilies in one post!

Edited by nw0301, 30 January 2009 - 03:59 PM.

#45 Guest_**Jak**_*

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

Hey Nikita...Sambo was fine...Had a blast it was just his big sooki lala mother that didn't cope with it all!!!
I am glad he is home again now, with a huge grin on his face, loads of stories to tell & he made 2 new friends!
Missum Bee Sambo had no one in his classroom that he knew, at all, and he made 2 new friends! He can't remember their names but he said they sat together for lunch & played in the playground together. makes my heart sing when I see how happy he was when I picked him up. MDC will fine. She is made of tough stuff! wub.gif

#46 ~*UTP*~

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

glad to hear all new starters went well at school  tthumbs.gif ...I feel like an old-hand at it now, with Miss E in Year 4 and Miss A in Year 1  oomg.gif .  I can't believe my baby is in year 1 though  cry1.gif ...she's definitely one of the youngest - I think this year she is 3rd youngest in her class, although I know that some of the June birthdays are actually a full 12 months older than her so she could be 2nd youngest still as I don't know the others kids.

I'm doing the SAHM thing at the moment so the I'm doing the school drop-off and pick-up which is nice for the kids, especially with the heat.

Got some work issues at the moment  wacko.gif , hence the SAHM thing, but am hoping for a resolution soon and then I can make a decision as to what I'm going to do with the rest of my life!  What do I wanna be when I grow up  Tounge1.gif ?!?!!

Good to see lots of posts in here original.gif

It's been so long since I posted I didn't even know about the new smilies, so I just wanted to post and use lots too  ddance.gif !

Mmmm...what other one can I use...oh yeah, hello to all the lurkers  waves.gif

I like the smack in the head smiley...so I'm gonna use it just for the sake of it!! ddoh.gif

Have a good weekend everybody  biggrin.gif

#47 ~*Bee*~

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Nikkita... ph34r.gif again .. you are posting again! A person could get used to this  grin.gif .  It appears you have raised a challenge in the original.gif stakes dry.gif Well I take your challenge and raise you a ....?!!!  oomg.gif Where is the vomiting smiley? Oh that would be Sophie who is currently in her bed at this time of night (which is unheard of!) after throwing up all over MY BED! I can say without much doubt that she has killed any touchy feeling notions from FN let me tell you, clean sheets and all Tan Tounge1.gif

So really I am wondering if I should keep her home from school tomorrow...does the 24hr thing still apply at big school? wacko.gif

There is so much about her starting school that I have no idea about... like remembering if I did infact sign her up for before and after school care or just after school? Is there a rule about how long she can be in the playground before school starts without being in BSC ( we are talking 15mins max here). Her Epi pen...do they keep it in the classroom with her or at the office? unsure.gif

Anyway Sie asleep now and with any luck it will be  tthumbs.gif all the way and nothing but a  waves.gif from her to tell us to go away... I doubt it, but a woman can hope can't she? Better than the reality of it being more like  cry1.gif  from at least one of us.

All of this does however mean that childcare fees have just dropped by a significant amount  eexcite.gif that therefor means that DH just might rethink the 3rd  bbaby.gif  thing...we'll see  wink.gif

Good luck to all you mumma's who are starting tomorrow.!

#48 ~*~Jacqui~*~

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

Glad to hear the kids (and Mum's) survived the first day/week of school!!

Matt started full time school last year.  It really is silly how differently all the statesd operate  rolleyes.gif

Anyway, tomorrow he starts 1st Class.  I've sussed out he's teacher and apparently she's pretty good which is great because he's Pre-Primary teacher was rubbish aannoyed.gif

One problem, can't find he's hat!!  And with no wide brim hat it's no play!!  Where the hell did I put the bugger???

Now I saw photos of Sam & the girls but I haven't seen any other first day photos...please put them on stalkerbook NOW!!

#49 ~*Bee*~

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Hold on to your wide brimmed hat there Jacqui... where ever it is  tongue.gif I have to get home, but assure you I will put the one or two up that we have.

I don't recall seeing your boy's photo on Stalkerbook though missy? Or was I a late commer to stalking?

Hey, you aren't Jacqui...!! anymore, you are all curly whirly girly now biggrin.gif

#50 ~*~Jacqui~*~

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

Matt's first day was today, I lined him up in front of the ficus wiht he's extra large school photo for a picture and yelled at him to smile...he just whinged & whined about not wanting to go.  Then we get to the classroom, he sees one of he's mates and some cars, tells me I can go and gives me a kiss.

Fine with me, I went to the McCafe for a coffee & banana bread laughing2.gif

I've been swirly Jacqui for a few months now after making a change to a silly name then I couldn't get Jacqui..! back again!!  I have been giggling at you when you used it a couple of times...hehehe.

Off to stalk on a stalker book for first day photos!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.