Jun 03 Parents # 142

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#51 ~*Bee*~

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

Did you see Sie's first day photo..I have marked it at friends only to see it, so some of the less deisirable Nosey parkers out their can't see.
Did you find his hat?

Sophie went off again this morning crying for me to stay 7 more seconds , then  later off to her friend called....
Sophie! lol They are combining their forces to take over the world biggrin.gif

#52 ~*~Jacqui~*~

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

I did see them, Bee  wub.gif  She is such a gorgeous little girl!!

#53 ~*Bee*~

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

Pretty in picture, feral in nature biggrin.gif Love her, we are spending much better mummy Rowfee time together in the morning before school which is good biggrin.gif

How are you all?

Jak... woohoo!

#54 Guest_**Jak**_*

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

ddance.gif  eexcite.gif  Lester is home!  eexcite.gif  ddance.gif

#55 nw0301

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

God - I hope the sheets are clean!

Seriously, thats wonderful - how long is he home for?

I hope all the kids are still enjoying school - from our end, its the best thing ever and the teacher told me today what a pleasure she was...polite, always particpating and helpful!

She must of thought I was someone elses Mum  roll2.gif

Anyway no other news. Ben was due home today (but he has only been gone since Sunday) but now wont be home till tomorrow so the kids and I are going out for dinner! Trying to escape the heat, may as well use the restaurants air con.

#56 Guest_**Jak**_*

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

Excuse me....I AM Mother Superior... hands.gif  I don't do the 'sex thing' remember?????   dev (6).gif

#57 ~*Bee*~

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

Jak if you just lay there , it doesn't count as exercise...and we know your thoughts on Sex and exercise  roll2.gif

#58 LyndyLou

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:04 PM

Errr... we know you've done it at least twice Jaki... Tounge1.gif

#59 ~*Bee*~

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:38 PM

Errr... we know you've done it at least twice Jaki...
..And countless times before we knew what evil things could come of it... or is that just me?  roll2.gif

I have found a new FB addiction.... Mousehunt... come play with me! PLEASE!

We may have had a small breakthrough in the Sophie drop off this morning. I told her before we left that if she cried when I left this morning that I won't be able to stay at all tomorrow as it upsets mummy and the other girls.
I let her know that she had her friends and her teachers to talk to if she had ANY worries at all.
Poor little poppet, her mouth turned upside down and she held her tears back really well  unsure.gif
OUr neighbours at our new place are FANTASTIC...well not that new, been there a year in April! We went over last night ( cajoled by Rophie) and ended up staying there for ages. We are back over there on Friday night...we've never had neighbours like this before. It's great!

Edited by ~*Bee*~, 05 February 2009 - 04:40 PM.

#60 Curly Wurly

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

NEW CARB FREE CAKE RECIPE - not!!!!!!!

Can be made in normal coffee cups and cooked for one minute

The most dangerous cake recipe

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE [u]

4 tablespoons flour (s.r)

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake

at any time of the day or night!

dev (6).gif

Haven't tried it, YET!!!!

Glad to hear that the school transition went smoothly for all.  I was gutted but managed to hold it in until I left the classroom.  Anise had been very apprehensive the previous day and still struggles to let go of me.  She doesnt cry but you can see she is torn between me and going with the teacher.

Now that I have no little ones to look after during the day, I am getting into the swing of organising this renovation.  Looked at windows yesterday - rivetting I know.

Jaki - How is Lester?

Bee/Jacqui - Is there a loonie Junie site on FaceBook?

Niki - I thought that you maybe living in your pool.  Thank heavens DH's brother was up earlier in the week to install 2 split systems in the house. I think I would definitely go stir crazy.

My Girls can actually see how a sprinkler works this weekend.  I think it will be the first time that they have run through one and hear that tick tick sound as it goes around.

As I type, I can smell the bushfire in Lane Cove. The smell brings back memories of the fires in Canberra.

Stay cool everybody.

Edited by TanD, 06 February 2009 - 07:34 PM.

#61 ~*Bee*~

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Tan... no Loonie Junies site on FB. Just us individuals floating about.
I suppose we could set one up?!!
I will do it tonight if you like biggrin.gif

Are you on Face Book Tan?
I'm Belinda Rissman-Platt. Nicj is not happy that I have hyphenated my name, but as I informed him I look about 40kg heavier and instead of blonde, I am now a brunette in Victoria...what chance do my school friends have of finidng me without my maiden name?

Hope you and your family are all safe in the fires?

#62 Wickedness

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

Tan that cake sounds a little moorish if it works! you must be enjoying your kid free time, but it just goes so fast nowdays.

Bee good luck with the 3rd installment at the Platt house! your neighbours sound great- even better when its in walking distance to your bed.

its like watching a train wreck with the fires coverage, its so sad but you just cant turn it off. im not sure how bad it is in ryans eyes, the kids have caught snippets of it but who knows what is ticking in their little minds.

erin has started kindygym, its so cute watching the kiddies do the circuits! she loves it and its a good exercise for her in listening to the teacher and getting instructions rolleyes.gif

its now thunderstorms here, the weather has gone nuts. i hope all is safe and well in your houses around the country.

#63 ddasil

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

HI Bee waves.gif

#64 ~*Bee*~

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

I bloomin knew it! LISA... you are a lazy bum...lmao.

For everyone else I was chatting with Lisa's sister Mel and she said she was on the phone to Lisa, I asked for Lisa to get off her bum and post, so she did... in a sense  dry.gif

At least your sister talks to me Tounge1.gif ... and she looks after me too biggrin.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MS.G for tomorrow biggrin.gif

#65 nw0301

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

Quiet again in here....imagine we are all dealing with the trials of packed lunches, home readers and sight words!

We are struggling through, I have my first morning in the classroom (literacy something or other) on monday so will have to report back and let you know how it goes. I am a bit nervous since I got in trouble last week at the parent information night. There we were, sitting on the kids chairs, knees around our ears and I had the brilliant idea of whispering something funny to the woman next to me - well - the teacher stopped talking and made me say what I had said. Gawd, way to just blend. I was so embarrassed. Anyhow, next thing you know she is holding Jamie's work books up as an example of what they do at school and so all the other mothers turn and look at me. Way to start the school experience.

We have a new mothers lunch on friday - will have to see how I can embarras her further!

Can't believe my little boy turns 4 on saturday. We are having a star wars party and I am so not organised. Its only for 2 hours though so hopefully the pinata, pass the parcel and food should cover most of that - fingers crossed anyhow.

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying school...wish they would send home more difficult books...Jamie likes them but the repetition does my head in, please someone tell me it gets better or at least pre-book me into the asylum.

This is a big dog.
This is a little dog.
This is a black dog.
This is a white dog.
This is a CRAZY dog!!!

#66 ~*Bee*~

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

Nikita... our first reader was " I like to play. Come and play with me.
I like to play with my dolls. Come and play with MY dolls.
I like to play with MY dolls come and play with me.
Sophie read the flipping thing without really reading it. So I tested her on which word is..."play?"
So I told her teacher this morning and her teacher said that she had read through it with her. I asked her not to.

So Nikkita... did you have to put your nose to the corner? At least if Jamie gets comments on her report card about "talks in class", the teacher will know it's genetic!  roll2.gif
...and you won't be the only one...sign Sophie up for that phrase!

Edited by ~*Bee*~, 20 February 2009 - 10:45 AM.

#67 LyndyLou

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:24 AM

biggrin.gif That's too funny Nikki.  How small did you feel?... and not only because you had your knees around your chin.

#68 ~*~Jacqui~*~

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

PMSL Nikki!!  That's hilarious laughing2.gif

We have our parent info session tomorrow after...found the note in Matt's back this morning all wet & soppy.  Seems I forgot to get the lunchbox out of he's bag on Friday that had he's watermelon in it from recess sick.gif  I did wonder what it was in he's bag that stunk!!

#69 nw0301

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

OMG - the forgotten lunchbox  oomg2.gif my worst nightmare! Happened to me once when JE was at pre-school but over a long weekend. Lets just say that I threw the lunchbox away!

We are  still happy at school - mummy is learning to tolerate repetitive books and the children are getting used to me being in a trance afterward.

Went on a hens night on saturday - stayed at a hotel in the city and then had brunch. Came home to a spotless house and a DH who let me have a 3 hr catch up sleep. Most people would say wonderful but really I know he is just trying to get credit for the boys weekend in a fortnight! That way I can't get angry when he arrives home, unrecognisable and smelling like a brewery!

Hope everyone else is well. Be back soon!

#70 ~*Bee*~

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

nikkita...I agree with the trance like state of the repetative books.
"comr play with me, I like to play with my dolls"
Come play with me I like to play with my dolls".... wacko.gif

Stinky lunch boxes don't happen here....we get ant trails that alert us to hazardous stuff...yay ants  aannoyed.gif  

Ummm that's it, have run out of Verbal poo.

#71 ~*Bee*~

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

Boo?!

#72 Curly Wurly

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

Hello Ladies,

Bee scared me so here I am.  original.gif

School routine has become routine.  I have my chart so I can figure out who does what on which days.  It saves me losing my mind.  I have become anal about making sure the girls put their socks straight into the washing basket as soon as they get home so I can match socks on the line. It just does my head in attempting to look under the bed, toy box and lounge in search of them.

Anise doesnt bring home school readers until Term 2.  She insists on reading each night. We are navigating Dr Seus's "One Fish two fish red fish blue fish" at the moment. She has also decided that she is big enough to receive an advance in her pocket money.  We had a big discussion the other day about receiving a gold coin for pocket money like her older sisters.  She is also forever wiggling her teeth so the toothfairy will come.

Rachelle has a teacher that thinks left of centre and is very creative. Just what Rachelle needs. Gabby's teacher is strict and puts girls next to boys in the class and rotates every other week with a new boy.  I am very pleased with that as she is a chatterbox and thinks boys smell.  tthumbs.gif

I am fantastic  eexcite.gif Been going to the Gym up to 6 times a week.  I have decided to go in the Mothers Day Fun Run (fun and run shouldnt be in the same sentence). I figure that if my girlfriend can survive chemo/radiation, I can get off my butt and train for it.  A couple of the mums at school go swimming or running at 6am and have invited my along.  They are training for triatholons. I'm not too keen on that though.

The house is coming along.  We cant do the outside until the roof is done.  DH and his Dad, are going to do the roof.  It is suppose to be done over Easter.  But, we received a notification in the mail that DH has been summonded to Jury Duty (estimated time 3 weeks) as of the 30th March.  And, the other day DH spoke to his sister who is organising a birthday party for their Mum and Uncle the week before Easter in Melbourne.  I just dont know how it is going to pan out.  We need to do the roof, before we do the windows before we do the rendering.   aannoyed.gif  So, I have been busy with getting quotes for scaffolding, renderers, and windows. I am pretty keen on hiring a brick saw and moving the door in the girls room. I want a wardrobe to fit the length of the wall in their room.  It looks so easy on "Domestic Blitz".  dev (6).gif

There you have it from me.

Next........

#73 LyndyLou

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

Geez Tan, now I remember why we call you wonderwoman all those years ago.  You're just one of those woman aren't you.

I so am not.....  wacko.gif

Check this out ladies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8

roll2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.