The birth of Luca - stillborn at 35 weeks

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#51 heidistar

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

Bec,

I am so so sorry for your loss, My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family at this very sad & emotional time.

You wrote your story so beautifully & it brought tears to my eyes reading it.

#52 fairymagic

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

You have written a truly beautiful story of the birth of your precious son Luca. I am so so sorry for your loss and so incredibly amazed at the strength you have which is so evident in the words you wrote. Please don't look back and wonder what if. You carried your little boy for nearly nine months and took wonderful care of him. I hope that maybe your obstetrician may have some answers for you when you go back and see her as to what may have happened which may give you a little closure and a little peace but never blame yourself or wonder if you had done things differently would the outcome have been different - it unfortunately wouldn't have in most cases of babies dying at term. Thankyou for sharing your wonderful story with us. I am so glad you had a wonderful labour and delivery and probably got some absolutely gorgeous photos of Luca with his family. Perhaps in the future when you are feeling a little stronger you may share your favourite one with us here on EB so we can see what a darling little boy Luca was.

#53 Melliej

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  It was a beautiful story to read with much sadness and many tears.

Take care and may your beautiful son always be watching over you and your family.

#54 littleman

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

Bec, i am so sorry for your loss of your precious baby boy, he will be in your heart forever.
xox

#55 ~Eyore~

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

I'm so sorry for you loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

#56 maybe4

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

I am so sorry for your loss and you are in my thoughts.

Your post is so incredibly brave and strong, i cried too with you.

I will be thinking of you and your family.

xx big hugs

EGBE.
Bree.

#57 Duck-o-lah

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

I have such a massive lump in my throat, I am so very very sorry for you and your family.
What an incredibly courageous person you are to share such a heartbreaking story. All the best.

#58 Miss Lizzie

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

That was so beautifully written Bec. Like everyone else I am wiping the tears away and sighing with a heavy heart.

I can't imagine the pain you are experiencing but am so glad that your family were there to see beautiful Luca.

#59 nearlyskinniminime

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

Oh Bec, Im so sorry for what you have gone through. My BIL and his wife lost their little girl Grace 6 hours after birth and it was so hard for them (for all of us) and I kept feeling the injustice of it all.

I am so sorry, I hope the next few weeks are kind and I hope you all can get the support you all need. I am praying for solace for you and your family and dear little Luca.

Best wishes
Sue

Edited by nearlyskinniminime, 11 January 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#60 *Lulabelle*

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

Thank you for sharing the story of Luca's birth.  You did it beautifully.  

I don't normally read this forum and came across your story simply because it popped up on the "most recent topics" list.  I'm glad I took the time to read your post.  Thank you.

#61 Sunny Day

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby boy Luca, my heart goes out to you, and your family. Take care hheart.gif

#62 Jayla

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Congratulations on becoming the mother of a precious baby boy.  I'm so sorry he couldn't stay here in your arms.

Jody

#63 TrickyRicky

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss of your little boy luca, thank you for sharing your story I know it would of been hard.

#64 Eggie

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

I dont know what to say, I dont think there is anything anyone can say to take your pain away. I cant imagine how you are feeling at this point. I hope that you and your family continue to draw on each other. You are a very very strong woman. You now have a beautiful angel watching over you.
Im so sorry

#65 FeralZombieMum

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

sad.gif

#66 kazza66

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

Bec, thank you for sharing your story of Luca. He will always be an angel watching over you and your family. No parents should ever have to bury a child  cry1.gif You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Edited by kazza66, 11 January 2009 - 08:04 PM.

#67 gissellle

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself  sad.gif

Edited by gissellle, 11 January 2009 - 08:10 PM.

#68 MrsO

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

Another here with a lump in her throat.  That would have to be the most beautifully written birth stories I have ever read.  

I am so thankful that you have a lot of people around you to support you and your DH and daughter.  I can't imagine the pain you will all be feeling right now and into the future.  

I will light a candle for you and Luca.  A beautiful name for a beautiful boy.

#69 PopsiclePeach

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

I am so so sorry for the loss of your darling son, Luca.  As I sit here reading this with tears streaming down my face I cannot even begin to imagine how you are feeling.  May you and your family gain strength and love from each other , my heart goes out to you.  Fly free sweet boy.

#70 kristin5

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Absolutely heartbreaking.  cry1.gif

Congratulations on the birth of your heavenly angel baby Luca, forever watching over you and your loved ones.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

#71 Wishing2011

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

I am speechless.
I am so sorry to hear of you and your family's loss cry1.gif
hheart.gif

#72 nessiehorses

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your beatuiful angel Baby Luca.

Many Many hugs to you and your family at this most heartbreaking time.

Go Gently,

#73 ronnyandcharlize

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. And can't even imagine how this would feel for you and your family. Typing that birth story must have been very difficult. I can't stop crying.
What a beautiful name you gave him.

#74 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Dear Bec
Thankyou for sharing your beautiful yet heartbreaking story. I will be crying all night for your family and your loss.
I am so sorry

Leonie
XO

#75 rye

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Your post was beautifully written, and I am sitting here with tears streaming for you. May the angels take care of your beautiful little man, and I hope you are surrounded by much gentle love and support as you grieve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.