• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Bel

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

New Thread Time original.gif

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=553852

#2 kittennic

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

Wow, it's been a while since we had a new thread!!!

Michelle, I'm thinking of you today.

#3 klbseb

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

Thinking of you today too Shell hhugs.gif

#4 keanealicia

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

thinking of you also shell.....

looks like i have bronze????

#5 kittennic

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

Happy 4th Birthday Megan original.gif

#6 kittennic

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

Janet, I saw in some other thread that you've had your boys - congratulations, they are beautiful! original.gif

#7 kittennic

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

Happy 4th Birthday Tylah original.gif

#8 HURRY UP

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hi ladies

Nicole thanks heaps for Megans birthday wishes, she had a great day and party (although it was 40degrees). Loads of great pressies and she loved the Dolly Vardon cake I made tthumbs.gif .

I thought I'd share my post in here that I wrote in venting last night.
The title was "Maybe I'll wake up and it's not happening"

My darling husband and his parents have gone to the US today to say goodbye to his brother who is dying of cancer. He was diagnosed 12 months ago with aggressive melanoma. I spoke to him at christmas time and he was feeling very positive about a trial treatment he was about to start in another city about 4hrs from his home. He went up there for his pre-admissions, they took one look at him at put him in hospital, he had surgery 2 days later and now his liver is failing, so in turn, now are his kidneys and there is nothing the Dr can do.
There was talk of him going back to his home town but the ambulance trip would be too much and they have made him confortable where he is.

Surely it's all just a bad dream, he was OK 2 weeks ago and now he might not see out the weekend.

He had finally found love and they had big plans of marriage and children and now there is no hope. (he is 42yrs)

Thankfully DH had 2 really good weeks with him back in November, they have always been close even with the many miles separating them.

I do feel really useless being here when I'd much rather be holding DH's hand as he goes through this awful time. And my heart breaks for his parents.

Thanks for listening

Take care
Kerry

#9 kittennic

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

I saw that thread Kerry, I'm so sorry sad.gif

Sending you best wishes.

ETA I'm glad Megan had a great day - well done for making a great cake!

Edited by kittennic, 22 January 2009 - 09:25 AM.

#10 kittennic

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Happy 4th Birthday Emma original.gif

#11 kittennic

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

Happy 4th Birthday Talyn original.gif

#12 keanealicia

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

i am sorry to hear your news kerry

#13 HURRY UP

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

How f*#!ed up is this world sometimes, he wanted to live so much.

He died this morning, thankfully DH and his parents got there in time, they had about 20hrs with him. They don't know if he knew they were there. I'm going to believe he did.

I wish we were with DH, it helps so much being able to cuddle the kids.

Thank you all for you kind words
Kerry

#14 kittennic

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

I'm so sorry Kerry. I'm sure he knew your DH was there. You hug those little ones tight.

#15 kittennic

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

Thinking of you today Jodi.

#16 mrsgg

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

JOdi,

Thinking of you today.

Kerry-  I am so dreadfully sorry but glad that your family got some time with him to say thier last goodbyes.

Take Care of yourself

Janel

#17 kittennic

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

Happy 4th Birthday Blake original.gif

#18 keanealicia

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

Kerry, i am so sorry to hear your news yet again. Life is not fair sometimes....I really do think they somehow know that your dh was there. Sometimes it is like they hold out. I remember years ago my grandma went all the way to Germany only for her sister to die only hours later.
I hope with the support of family you will get through this difficult time...

Kittennic - thanks for your birthday wishes for Blake. He had his first day of 3 year old kinder Tuesday. He had a ball.

#19 Xaria

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:29 AM

Hi ladies. Long time no see. I've been very busy with kids and work, but as of this week I'm finished work and now at home getting ready for the new house that we're building and the baby who is due in 7 weeks.

Happy birthday to all our 4 year olds! How time has flown.

#20 HURRY UP

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

Hi Ladies

Thank you for the kind words with the passing of my BIL. As you can imagine it has been a pretty tough month. Then DH had an accident at work last week and got chemical in his eyes, thankfully there should be no permanent damage.
The IL's aren't too good and we feel pretty useless as there isn't much we can do to help, Megan is a great distraction though  original.gif .

Will has just started crawling and is getting into everything, he's 10months and nearly 10kg. He is just like his sister, just alot bigger than she was. He doesn't have any teeth yet but that doesn't slow down his eating, he loves anything and everything. biggrin.gif

Megan is loving kindy, especially her new friends. And I'm loving my Will only days original.gif

We had a huge weekend last week when good friends got married, DH was bestman. I was rather ill on Sunday but the party was still going at their place, it was great fun. AND I got ALL my hair cut off for the occasion and whats even better is a really like it and everyone says I look younger, so gotta be happy with that. original.gif

Sarah it was good to hear from you, how are you feeling. Not long to go now, do you expect to go over or early?

Hi Nicole, great job with all the birthday wishes.

Hi Alicia, hows things with your brood, any plans for a big 1st Birthday for Tiana?

Hi Janel, how is Charlotte enjoying kindy?

Janet and Nic how are you baby boys going, pics please

Take care
Kerry

#21 keanealicia

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

Yes, how are the bubbies going?
Kerry - Tiana is going to have a family birthday on Sunday. She justs started walking - 5 steps yesterday.. She keeps doing that...so i dare say it is on!~ Today she did 8 in a row...uh oh! Things just go a bit higher and a bit more conceiled!
better go she is holding the toilet paper!

#22 Guest_LandShark_*

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hi girls,

It's been a while! i thought I'd pop in and say hello! We welcomed #3 into the world into water at home on 19th March and were stunned, thrilled and amazed to add a daughter to our little clan - I was utterly convinced she was a he - we'd elected not to know! We are all doing really well and the boys are besotted with her!

ETA - Congratulations Sarah on the birth of your little man Brendan!

Edited by LandShark, 06 May 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#23 Xaria

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

And congratulations to you, too, LandShark (eek, can't remember your name at the moment, sorry!). Waterbirth, sounds awesome!

Three boys in this house, and we're done!
Picture of Brendan here

#24 keanealicia

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

congrats on your new addition sarah - he looks gorgeous!

#25 Hiprowy

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

Thought I would just wave & say hello original.gif I know I haven't been on EB for yonks. I come here sometimes to find a recipe or something, and that is about it.

I hope all our kidlets are going well. Cait is enjoying pre school and should be enjoying her last day of term 2 today but she is at home & snotty.

I didn't have any more children after Cait. It's nice to see that others are.

Hope some of you actually remember who I am, LOL.

ETA: LOL my sig says I am 31 still... how nice!

Edited by Hiprowy, 03 July 2009 - 12:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.