November 03 Parents # 121

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_chadvikise_*

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Deleted (Victoria decided to post a few days ago  roll2.gif)

Edited by chadvikise, 23 May 2009 - 11:58 AM.

#27 Guest_chadvikise_*

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hi everyone

Finally finished clinicals for this semester, just enjoying my break at the moment. Although I best not get to comfy, I still have 2 more assignments and an exam to go. Not to mention all the calisthenics costumes I need to make.

I wish I could say Adrian and Victoria where going well at school, unfortunately they are not. The school called me up last Tuesday and said they want Adrian to repeat prep  mad.gif. I wouldn't be so angry about it if they hadn't of lied to us constantly saying he was going along fine and told his pysch not to bother with an educational assessment as he was fine  glare.gif.

Poor Victoria is so bored she spends 2-3 hours a night at home on the computer, reading books, writing etc because school is doing nothing for her. Not only do they fail to give her appropriate work, but they seem to actually beleive thats the level she's at (they send home readers more basic than Adrian's rant.gif).

Congrats Mel on the birth of Lucy. Love her name  biggrin.gif

#28 mellae

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

Finally finished clinicals for this semester, just enjoying my break at the moment. Although I best not get to comfy, I still have 2 more assignments and an exam to go. Not to mention all the calisthenics costumes I need to make.
......and having a baby in amongst all that too Carmen!  Not long to go now, I can't wait to hear your news!  ddance.gif

I thought Victoria had done the previous post, lol!  So sweet, she did a great job, there is no way she is still at reception level!  Sorry to hear that school isn't going well for the twins, surely it's too soon for the school to say that Adrian needs to repeat next year, what do they plan to do for him over the next 2.5 terms to get him to grade 1?  I don't blame you for being so angry!

Best of luck over the next few weeks.

Hi to everyone else  waves.gif .

Cheers

#29 CaSPer79

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

Congratulations Carmen and family on the birth of Edward.
Hope he is home soon with you.

xx.

#30 mellae

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

Congrats Carmen on the birth of Edward  wub.gif .  Belated birthday wishes to Chloe too, hope she had a lovely birthday!

Hi to everyone else!

#31 Nicoleandhergirls

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

Hi

Carmen congrats on Edward I was wondering when you were gonna pop. LOL

Hi Mel you gotta come on facebook more often.

#32 Guest_Chadvikiseed_*

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the congrats.

Ned is now 2 weeks old, but we have been back and forward to the hospital since we where discharged (day 5). Yesterday I found out his heel prick test came back high risk for a genetic metabolic disorder. He's been retested as the test can have false positives (as well as false negatives sad.gif ). I guess I'll just have to wait and see though.

Still having problems with the twins school. Had parent teacher interviews and thankfully we seem to be getting somewhere with Adrian, but after speaking to Victoria's teacher I felt like banging my head against a brick wall  rant.gif. Apparantly she's 'normal' but does weird and strange things  unsure.gif. Honestly, how can she be both???

#33 mellae

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

Carmen, love your sig, gorgeous kids and Ned is so cute.  Sounds like you've had a rough few weeks, I hope the next test comes back negative.  How is Ned on the whole, is he a fairly settled baby?  I bet his older brothers and sisters just adore him.

Nicole, I'm on FB most days (well, I try to be anyway).  I must admit though, I very rarely update my own status I tend to just comment on others....

All good here.  School hols now, we've had a trip to Mt Gambier last weekend and tomorrow the kids and I are off to Mildura for a few days.  Lucy is an awesome traveller, she'll go up to 5 hours between feeds when we're on the road!

Hi to everyone else.

Cheers

#34 ~*spuds*angel*~

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

Hi guys,
Gosh it has been AGES since I posted in here! I am hardly on EB at all anymore... but on FB every day. I have to just say that DH went through and deleted some people by mistake on mine (thinking it was his) so if I no longer have you on FB please add me again and I will accept you! sorry!

Not much has been happening in my neck of the woods. work, sleep and more work seems to be it at the moment. In the industry I am in we are very busy at the moment. TOO busy really. I have had my boss resign and I am in her job at the moment and I also got a promotion as at 1 July.. which was nice.

Kids are going great, they are pretty bored in the school holidays though I must admit. I booked tomorrow off of work as I need to spend some time with them.. think we may hit the shops!

Other then that DH and I are going good.We are actually going to try and have another baby! its going to be a long road for us as he has to have a reversal but not to worry...... the end result will be worth it....

ok thats all from me... I will pop back I promise!

Congrats to the birth of the bubbas! and sorry I missed it!!

Hi to everyone and I hope you are all fantastic!!!!

Dani
xxx

#35 mellae

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

Dani, how exciting for you!  I hope it all goes well for you and DH, I imagine it will be a long road, but it sounds like you are both prepared for that.  Congrats on the promotion too, that's fantastic!  I'll send you a pm re: FB as I don't think I have you on mine.

Hi to everyone else!

Cheers

#36 Guest_Chadvikiseed_*

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

Hi everyone

Not much happening here, I started back at uni on Monday and have 13 weeks left until I'm finished.

I sent the applications off for the school we hope to get the kids into next year, just keeping my fingers crossed they get in. I was chatting to another mum from their current school and I mentioned the problems I'd been having and she said she had the same problem with Victoria's teacher a few years ago and I was the first person she's come across who had a problem with the teacher. It sounds like her DS and Victoria are very similar, right down to the fact her DS refused to talk.

Things are getting much better with Adrian now they know their not going to get extra funding for him by keeping him back next year. We have them both booked in to have an educational assessment done by the Psych department at uni, but that can take between 3-4 months. As long as it's done before we move so I can give it to the new school, I'm happy.

Mel: Glad Lucy travels well for you. Ned is the same, it's great isn't it?

Dani: Good luck with the TTC, hope it doesn't take too long

#37 Matryoshka

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:24 PM

waves.gif

Hey girls...

Just wanted to quickly say a huge congrats to Mel wub.gif
I was looking through old pics today and found ones of Marshall and Jack playing prompted the visit and I can safely say I didnt even know you were pregnant... SO im so happy shocked for you biggrin.gif

#38 mellae

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:31 AM

Carmen, good luck with getting the kids into the new school.  Is it close to where you live? I hope you've settled back into uni.  So is it 13 weeks until you've finished for the year or 13 weeks until you've finished your entire course?

Carly, thanks for the congrats. I guess it was easy to miss this pregancy as I'm pretty quiet on EB now, there are only a few threads I post in.  Lorelai is just gorgeous, love your sig!  How are Marshall and Fletcher?  Is Marshall enjoying school?

Hi to everyone else!

Cheers

#39 Guest_Chad~Viki~Seed_*

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

Hi everyone

Currently on clinicals in an oncology ward. I have 3 weeks of this rotation left and then another 4 weeks and then I'm done. The last 2 years has flown, I can hardly beleive it's almost over.

Victoria is picking up since we demanded she be moved to the highest literacy group. I can not beleive she wasn't there to begin with rant.gif. My poor little girl, no wonder she was so unhappy. She's much happier now, but it is still way too easy for her. They send her home with a list of words to learn and spell on Friday for the following Friday, so they have a week to learn them. She knows them before she's walked in the front door the days she gets them. Of course her class teacher refuses to acknowledge any of this, despite video taping it.  

Adrian is going so much better, has learnt to spell and write his name and spell and read a few words. It seems they just decided to make him part of their special funded 2 year prep program (they need 25 kids a year  dry.gif) and couldn't be bothered with him until we told them we're moving and he wouldn't be there next year. All of a sudden the school changed from 'nothing wrong with him' to do this, this and this and we'll do this and this. Next thing I know I'm handed a learning plan by the teacher. It's made me a bit angry, if we where staying here, they wouldn't have bothered.

Anyhow....

Mel: it was 13 weeks till I finish the degree. I've now had my last uni class and lecture and am just working on clinical hours and assignments. The new school is about 1.5km from where our new house will be. A bit different from a 2 minute walk, but I'm sure we'll survive.

#40 mellae

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

Happy Birthday to all the November 03 kids for this month.  And I hope the ones that have had their Birthdays already had a great day!

Sorry I didn't get on earlier, we've been away on hols, only got back yesterday.

Cheers

#41 Nicoleandhergirls

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:05 AM

Happy Birthday to all our little cherubs. All turning 6 now. Where has those years gone.

and to you ladies you have kept me sane during this journey I love you all.  wub.gif  llove.gif  hheart.gif

#42 Guest_Chad~Viki~Seed_*

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

Hi everyone

Happy birthday to all the Nov 03 babies from us too  biggrin.gif. Adrian and Victoria had their birthday 3 weeks ago now. I still forget they are 6 half the time too, keep saying they are 5 still lol.  

Since I last posted they have changed schools and we are all much happier with the new school. It's not perfect, but at least they listen. The principal is nice as well, unlike the horrid one they had previously  glare.gif. Victoria is going into a grade 1/2 class next year, which she is so excited about. The only thing I am a little worried about is that her teacher will be our next door neighbour. She's a lovely and Victoria loves her, but I think it puts her in an awkward position. But since they are such a small school the only other option is for her to be in the prep/1 class with Adrian and Kit and be bored out of her brains.

Adrian and Kit will be in the same class, but she'll be a prep and Adrian will be a grade 1. I much prefer that to him being kept down because it's kind of a win win. He learns at a level appropriate for him, yet the social side of things is maintained because he's still a grade 1 IYKWIM.

#43 mellae

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

Carmen, sounds like a good outcome so far for the kids, I'm glad they are doing well in the new school.  Is it far from home?  I hope Jack gets into a 1/2 class next year, but there is only one of those, but four Prep/1 classes. Love the pics of the girls, so cute!

Sorry, better go, Meg is whining and Lucy crying....

Cheers

#44 Guest_Chad~Viki~Seed_*

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

The new school is about a 15-20 minute walk, which deosn't bother me too much as the school in Adelaide will be about that far too.

After first term they will both be in a 1/2 class though as their new school in Adelaide doesn't do reception / 1 classes. I guess the good thing is he gets 1st term to go over prep though before we move. We have to go over in a couple of weeks for the interview with the principal and have a look around. We've seen the outside, I really hope it is as good as everyone says it is.

I also had to laugh as they don't call it a Catholic school, they call it a Catholic 'learning community'  rolleyes.gif

#45 mellae

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

Carmen, you're moving to Adelaide!  That's where I live!  We should catch up once you've moved over and settled in.  What has prompted the move over, do you have family here, is work bringing you over or are you hanging out to experience our heatwaves or maybe our new Pandas at the zoo are the reason?  Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm in a silly mood today.......

Good luck with the move and I hope the new school will be good for the kids.  Jack goes to a Catholic Primary school here in Adelaide, but it is called a school, not a 'learning community', lol!

How did all the birthdays go for our 6 year-olds?  We didn't do a party for Jack this year.  It was a very hot day for his birthday, about 40deg.  We got up early, he opened his presents and then we went down to the beach for an early morning swim (well, DH, Paul & Meg did, I sat with Lucy under a tree and read a book, hahaha). Then we went to the Beachouse and rode the Dodgems, played mini-golf, played video games and the kids and DH did the water-slides.  We finished at about 1pm, then lunch at Maccas on the way home.

Jack has developed into such a great kid who I'm endlessly proud of.  He is sweet, kind, loving and generous.  He has done so well at school this year, and he loves it to which is a bonus.  Jack is one of those kids who is happy to be playing with his friends, but also enjoys quiet time on his own, he's very confident just to be himself which is awesome, I hope he stays that way.  I think my proudest moment to date would be when I gave him $2 to spend at the school fair.  He spent 70cents on lollies and pop-corn, dropped 30cents and gave $1 to charity, what a sweetheart!

Enough from me, the number one member of the Jack fan club!  I'd love to read about all of our other 6 year olds, particularly about the great kids I'm sure they've all grown into, so post away!

Have a great weekend all,

Cheers

#46 CaSPer79

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

Hi all,

Busy busy here with Christmas just around the corner.

Just wanting to wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas.
Hope all your dreams come true in 2010.

#47 mellae

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! Hope you all have a great day tomorrow with your family & friends!

Take care,

Cheers

#48 Guest_Chad~Viki~Seed_*

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:43 AM

Hi everyone

Hows the holidays been treating everyone?

I have a photographer from the Herald Sun coming out to photograph at least Kit and Adrian, maybe the other 2 girls today for a back to school feature, so they are pretty excited about that.

Adrian seems to be going a lot better at school since we changed schools and even knows how to spell some words now. Big difference from only being able to read the words A & I just before we changed. He gets 6 hours a week extra help, obviously that is all he needed. He's going to be in a prep / 1 class so he can revise.

I also found out the principal is an ex collingwood footy player, kind of explains he no nonsence approach which has been so beneficial for him and his behavour. What was happening at the old school was we where doing the whole 'tough love' thing at home and his teachers where doing the whole 'cute little innocent boy who doesn't nothing wrong' at school. I caught him sticking his hands in another childs pocket attempting to steal money one morning in the playground and the current prinicipal had him in the office telling him how wrong that was.

Victoria had an athletics competition the other day, she did really well and came first in the 70m and 2nd in long jump. Watching her do long jump is a classic, she is so small and short that parents around me (not knowing I'm her mum) will go "aww look at that little girl, she's so cute" and then their jaws will drop when they see her jump lol. I think she's going to be a little sprinter because she's always the first off the mark, but anything above 70m she starts to conk out.

Mel: We where suppose to move 2 days after Christmas, then April, then June and now who knows when. My grad year has been complete ruined as I applied in Adelaide thinking I'd be in Adelaide and of course all the Melbourne ones are filled. Devine say they will do it next week, but next week never comes. They even recently sent a letter saying the slab would be done on the 15th of Jan and it wasn't. All they have done since April last year is cleared the block so it's ready for the slab.

We are moving down South to Aldinga, not sure how far that is from you, but I'd love to catch up. We don't mind traveling though, Kids love that playground at St Kilda Beach.

My parents are in Adelaide, so that is why we are moving. That and the neighbours here, psycho is an understatment. We can't even go into our front yard without them either coming out and watching us or peering through the blinds. I guess when you can't be bothered working and blow all your money on drugs so can't afford to go out, you have nothing better to do with your time than watch your neighbours every move. I have to say though it's been much better since we got the intervention order.

#49 mellae

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

Carmen, I just saw your ticker!  Congrats on the pregnancy, I'm so excited for you!  I hope all is progressing well. How annoying about the house though, I hope it gets started soon for you.  On the plus side though you must be happy that the kids are in such a good school until you move.  I live in the Western suburbs, but it's not far to Aldinga, or to meet half-way.  I hope you find something in Melbourne for your grad year.

Better go, DH wants to go out. Hi to everyone else!

Cheers

#50 ~*spuds*angel*~

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hi guys,
Long time no speak. I haven't been on EB in ages... I spend most of my time on Facebook LOL.
Madison is going well in general. She is having issues starting back at school this year. I dont know what is wrong with her but she is VERY upset about going to school and that has NEVER been like her. sad.gif
Other then that she is just such a joy, very confident and outspoken LOL but loving and caring too.

I hope eveyrone had a lovely xmas....

Hey Carmen- Im n Adelaide TOO!!! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.