February 03 Parents # 157

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#26 ~JASB~

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for thinking of us guys wub.gif  I nearly took him back to hospital on Saturday.  He was really lethargic and not drinking, eyes were starting to sink again.  But then Saturday night the diarrhoea stopped so decided to see how he goes now that he wouldn't be losing so much fluid iykwim.  Sunday morning he was pretty good, eyes coming back up to almost where they should be again!  He drank about 500ml of water with breakfast on Sunday!  So I knew then he was on the right track.

Today he's almost back to normal with his eating as well.  He's still quite weak but that's to be expected with such a huge weight loss.  Looking at his body is breaking my heart atm sad.gif  Ribs and spine are sticking out sad.gif

Technically he could have gone to school today as it's now more than 24 hours with no diarrhoea but I gave him another day at home just to rest up.  Will probably go to school tomorrow.

This one has to be the worst gastro he's ever had - certainly kept him sick for the longest time.  Nasty nasty nasty  nno2.gif

The Fires:  I'm with you with your emotions girls.  It's just heartbreaking.  I watch the news with tears pouring down my face.  It just seems so surreal.  I can't believe it's happening.  And then next news story and you see Ingham still flooded with more rain on the way sad.gif  Mother Nature has just lost the plot sad.gif

#27 FloralArrangement

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Glad to hear that Adam is through the gastro. Doesn't hurt to have an extra day gets his strength back. Have a good day at school tomorrow Adam.

The fires it is truly horrific. I really feel for the communities families and friends that have had this disaster impact on them.

All well here. Had a melt down Tyler is quite clear on what needs to happen for the party now. He kept telling me I love doing this sort of stuff and he didn't know what to do and I said well it is making me feel sick you are not listening and stop being so passive aggressive he laughed at that 'cause he was.

On the friend front that hasn't helped some people need to take a good look at themselves and taking taking taking is not nice. One friend told me where I was meeting her for a birthday get together, over other sideo fo town, deleted that email sent me an sms again replied with Sorry R has access that day and with 4 kids and work I stick pretty close to home. One of her issues before at least I said something this time. Initially she was coming to my party but something better came up rude mole. I won't go into the other friend not worth it.

Sorry much more serious stuff happening in the world but Ihad a chat to someone and that helped to express how I was feeling about things.

xx

Edited by Daliro, 09 February 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#28 micallep

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

Michaela, so glad to read that things have improved for Adam. Don't worry 1 extra day off won't hurt him, better he goes back later so he can concentrate through the day. Just baby your darling boy for now and give him a big hug and kiss from me.

Goodness, Lisa come back if you're lurking. Don't be shy.

Gina, LOL that would be a typical M response too. Glad he's all clear now.

Jordan is enjoying year 1 immensely. Last week J actually told me he thought things were too easy LOL, but that was only because his teacher was being kind and easing them into the school year. Today his teacher gave us a sheet on the homework routine for each night and next week we have the first of the key parent functions with the 1st one for the year always being with the class teacher who goes through the class routine.

xxx

#29 Keropi

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

Gina - hope things start looking up.  I don't want you having a crap birthday!

Michaela - thanks for the update.  

Yeah the fires are pretty devastating.  Ethan forgot to ask about the fundraiser for school, but he will tomorrow.
It is just unfathomable.

#30 FloralArrangement

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

T and I were just chatting if you think what life has been like for us in the past 12 months it is no wonder we are both freaking out. Tyler started new job, foster course, work for me, Rose started school, Daisy started highschool, Rose and Lily started at a new school, got first placement, got ready for it, fell through, R happened rough start with placing him then transition travelling over other side of city to see him, driving back for work or kids, end of year stuff for girls (should have seen me at the highschool music night, I was p*ssed off). Then Christmas. Then to have or not to have a 40th, so send invites, regret, 2 friends have wierd ways of demonstrating friendship hardly surprising my 40th is coming up  wacko.gif 1 of the friends I actually organised her 40th, handmade invites, rsvps, cake etc  rant.gif Oh and then I am organising my own party and it wasn't fun ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ty's boss thinks we are doing too much. I agree and I think a few weekends away at the 'van and we will be right as rain. BTW no holidays last year and we usually go on 2 per year.

Oh and I won't even start with what SIL said about MIL's present I had made for her 60th

Necklace I had made for MIL with I love Nanna in the middle & 7 grandkids in birth order

Is it bad? I thought it was lovely

I am getting this for my birthday from the same place

necklace I am getting with Daisy Lily and Rose on it

I feel pretty uselless at the moment but i do have a lovely dress to wear  tthumbs.gif

Longest post ever.

xx

#31 micallep

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

Gina, the necklaces are lovely. I would have loved to get that as a pressie, what is the problem???

Julie, how gorgeous and giving your kiddies are to want to organise a fundraiser through their school wub.gif. I'm going to organise something as well and put it in the school newsletter, any bit of help with assist.

xxx

#32 FloralArrangement

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

I unfortunately overheard SIL say to MIL that is looked like something a dog would wear, wasn't meant to hear. I have been so excited about getting it made and giving it to MIl is just made me feel sick. Ping I am glad you like it I was feeling very paranoid.

MIL seemed happy by it then that happened????????????????? Oh well will see what I get for my birthday. SIL every year gets me a 3.00 photo album and 2.00 candles from a cheap shop. I have idea what MIL is getting me but I think it is something engraved, clarified my middle name ie Marie or Maria even though she has known me for 25 years lol.

Life is so weird sometimes.

Edited by Daliro, 10 February 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#33 micallep

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

Gina, that's just plain mean of your SIL  mad.gif .

#34 Keropi

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

Gina - your poor sausage, I feel your pain!  BTW the necklace is lovely, I like the one you have picked for yourself too.  Don't worry about the IL's.  let Tyler worry about them next time.  
Don't you just wish people would take the time that you do with them?!

#35 Nics

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

Jules - been meaning to post but havent as yet  ssorry.gif  but I cant do this week!  Are you free at all next week (even if we tentatively book it in realising you may have to cancel if you get work)???  What do you think?  Ill put my hand up and say Id love Tues or Wed IF we are going to the chocolate cafe only because its so not a safe place for my dairy allergic child to be  nno.gif  but oh so good  biggrin.gif

Gina - I love the necklaces - I think they are very personalised and I know my mum would love one with all the grandchildren's name on it...  I think I will have to take a look for myself too  tongue.gif I do hope your birthday is special.

Michaela - if you are reading - what happened today?  I saw your status on facebook and hope everything is OK??

Ping - hows the sickness going?

OK Im home alone DH is away again but have finished all my motherly duties - apart from getting the boys to bed - 8pm is bedtime (if Aiden lasts that long) so Im on the home stretch.....  I actually will be going to bed then too and enjoying my shows (love Tues nights original.gif ) AND enjoying the doona and bed all to myself...   tthumbs.gif

Nite nite

#36 Nics

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

Oh crap - for those not on facebook - Michaela has miscarried again  cry1.gif  cry1.gif  

dont have details but Im sure she will post when she can.

Michaela I have nothing to say that will make you feel better ssorry.gif  but do know that I am thinking of you at this hard time and hope you can get some answers  ddown.gif

ETA - I just did a bit of lurking and saw that there has been an update by one of her friends - she was in the ED this afternoon with a suspected ectopic pg...  

Hope she is OK...

Edited by Nics, 10 February 2009 - 08:16 PM.

#37 micallep

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Oh my gosh, thanks for the update Nic.

Michaela, thinking of you sweety and my heart is breaking for you nno2.gif .

xxx

#38 **LISA**

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

Hi everyone,

Yep I have been lurking so that I can keep up with you guys.  And I probably still would have been, except I just had to let Michaela know how sorry I am.

sad.gif  cry1.gif  Michaela, Sweetie I am so sorry.  I am here crying cause I know how heartbroken you must be. Please know that I am thinking of you.  My thoughts, prayers and love are with you.  How is Adam, I do hope he is getting better.  Poor little man.

All is going well here, apart from the absolute chaos, and hopefully really really soon I will be back to give you all an update.  For now though I best get to bed, another day at the office/bank  wacko.gif

Caio
Lisa

#39 MichelleM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Michaela, as I said on the other thread, I am just so terribly sorry that this has happened again and I am hoping with everything that you don't have an ectopic pregnancy.  Please look after yourself.

#40 FloralArrangement

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

Oh Michaela I am so sorry.

Gina xx

#41 Keropi

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

Oh Michaela nno.gif    hhugs.gif

#42 ~JASB~

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

Thanks girls wub.gif  I feel especially touched that Lisa has come out of lurkdom!

I started bleeding yesterday morning.  Rang my GP when they opened at 8 and amazingly they had an appt at 9:10 (normally he's booked out for days, I was going to beg and plead to be squeezed in but didn't need to!)

He managed to get me in for a scan at 10am so it all happened very quickly yesterday morning.  Sonographer just kept saying it's 'abnormal'.  But I knew for sure my pregnancy was no more sad.gif

They said nothing else to me, just handed me the report with the stupid 'confidential, doctor to open' sticker on the back.  Bugger that - it's about ME!  How can it be confidential from me?  I wasn't supposed to see my GP again till lunchtime today.  I wasn't waiting that long.  Read the report and it suggested 'left ectopic until proven otherwise' ohmy.gif  Took the report straight to my GP and he was horrified that they hadnt told me to go straight back to him.

He sent me straight to hospital.  Gyno consultant there was confused by the films from the ultrasound as well.  There was something in the tube, but they weren't sure what.  There was also something in the uterus, but it was abnormal as well.

So 8pm last night I went to theatre for laporoscopy to check the tube, and D&C.  It wasn't ectopic thankfully, the 'thing' in my tube was a cyst.  But the gyno said they didn't need to do anything for it, it was fine to leave it, and that removing it would only damage the tube.  Then they did the D&C sad.gif

So I'm relieved it wasn't ectopic after all, but I'm just gutted about losing a 3rd pregnancy cry1.gif  I have a gyno appt in 3 weeks because now that I've had 3 in a row, they finally start investigating for me.

Feeling very sore and sorry for myself this afternoon, but probably doesn't help that I've overdone it today.  I was discharged with instruction to 'rest rest rest'.  But Adam had a gastro appt this arv - so I've been into his hospital this arv as well.  His gastro is so busy that it's very hard to reschedule appts - I'd probably have been waiting another 3 weeks if I had to cancel today.  So we went, Scott came to, so he dropped me off right at the front door while he went and parked, then picked me up there again after so I wasn't walking too much.

I have a lot of discomfort from the gas they use for the lap (they blow tummy up with gas so they can see what they're doing).  That's really uncomfortable, but is getting better.

Michaela

#43 Keropi

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

Michaela - I'm sorry you had to go through all that, I'm so sad for you.  Thank goodness Scott is there to help.  Please try and rest now.

#44 **LISA**

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

ssorry.gif  Oh Michaela, I am devestated for you.  Rest up as much as you can.  I remember the 'lap gas pain' from when I had my appendix out a bit over a year ago.  I really hope you get some answers when you see your gyno in a few weeks.  I am relieved (but not surprised) that Scott is there to support you.  How is he??  How did Adam's appt go?  

xx Lisa

#45 MichelleM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:26 PM

Oh Michaela I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this.  My heart is breaking for you.  I know you couldn't today but please try to rest up.

#46 ~JASB~

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:59 PM

Thanks girls.

I have been in incredible pain tonight with this lap gas pain sad.gif  I can't lie down flat.  Tried on both sides and on my back (incisions too sore to try on tummy), and the gas pain is so bad I feel like I can't breathe cry1.gif  Brought my pillow out to the recliner in the family room but sat here in the dark, eyes wide open, unable to go to sleep because I just want to be in my bed cry1.gif  God I hope this doesn't last long.

Adam's appt was really good.  His gastro was not impressed about us being sent home from ED on Sunday (had to take him back Monday after my GP rang them to say he needed admission!)  He's told me next time ED is trying to send us home against my better judgement to make them call somebody from his team. He said they'll likely tell me nobody from gastro is available, but he said that somebody is ALWAYS on call, they just don't like to call them! He's given me permission to demand they call the on call person from his team.  Was very happy to hear that.

Adam is allowed back on dairy!! He said as it wasn't working for his symptoms, we'll reintroduce one at a time. So still keping him off soy for now, but he can have milk, cheese, yoghurt, ICECREAM!! He's one happy boy. I'm so happy he can now have an icecream cake for his birthday original.gif

Tube feeds: He agreed now that we have to do something about his growth. But he wants to do a gastroscopy button, instead of NG. To say I'm relieved is an understatement! I told you all how badly the NG attempt went - I was going to ask if they could do a light anaesthetic to put the tube down - but it was always on my mind that he'd need further light GAs each time the tube needed replacing. I did ask in hospital about doing a PEG (on advice of another friend on EB), but the dietician told me they won't do that until they've done NG first. But the gastro wants to go straight to a Bard Button (rather than PEG).  Means it's out of the way as well, and nobody has to see it like they would with the NG. Great for school original.gif  Jannette I have a thread going in SN about this, but I would like to hear your experience with Shea.  What type does he have?

Was a really good appt, so I'm glad we made the effort to get there despite what happened last night.  

M
xx

#47 **LISA**

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:46 AM

bbighug.gif hhugs.gif  Michaela, I hope you got some sleep last night. I liken that gas pain to pluresy (which I have had in the past) OUCH! It hurts to breath, laugh, cry, move.  But it will go.  I think when I was in hospital they gave me heat packs??? and pain killers.  Do you have someone staying with you today to help out?  You know if I was close by I would be there in a flash!  I am thrilled that Adam's appt was so good. Yay for Adam.

I have some 'meet the teacher' interviews today  unsure.gif  With Bec and Sam's teachers.  Sam's I am thinking will be okay.  But Bec, well let us just say that in her first 5 days of school she was in a little trouble for 4! Not huge things but stuff she really does know about. Going to the tuckshop -not once but twice! (littlies have a few restrictions in term1), then she went looking for her hat she thought she had lost (which was sitting on her bag!) without really telling anyone  oomg2.gif She had atleast 4 teachers having a heart attack. And last but not least. She walked away from the pick up area onto the footpath!  oomg2.gif  nno2.gif This is after me drilling her relentlessy that she was not to do this cause someone might pick her up by 'mistake'  Now granted our little town is great BUT you never know. Bec is such a friendly little thing and will literally talk to ANYone. Acedemically she is so clever, she is just a bit of a boundary tester.  So I am preparing myself for a visit to the headmaster  sad.gif

Until later
xLisa

Forgot to say, I am relieved to have one 'easy rider' child.  Thankyou my sweet Michaella.  Though I am told she will be the rebel in her tweens and teens.  oomg.gif And you know I am seeing teeny epidoses occasionally that scare the bjesuses out of me.  So for now I am going to enjoy the relative calmness she brings to the house.

#48 micallep

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

Oh Michaela, I'm so sorry to hear you're in so much pain on top of your miscarriage  cry1.gif . Hope you are feeling a bit better today?
Yippee for Adam, so glad your little man can have ice cream now  tthumbs.gif

Hiya Lisa, welcome back!

Well girls, exciting week it's been at work this week. We're merging with another telco and provided regulatory approval is granted this will all happen whilst I'm on maternity leave. This means I could very well end up with a redundancy as I can't see I'd be in the best position to be securing myself a role with the new company whilst I'm on mat leave. Provided that the redundancy packages are good then I don't mind at all, it will buy me more time off work but if the package is poor then I'd be stressed out knowing I'd have to look for a new job not too far down the track.
Speaking of mat leave......only 2.5months until I'm off work for a year. Yippee!!!!! I can't wait to be a full time mum even if it is only temporary  ddance.gif .

xxx to everyone else.

#49 Jet07

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

Have spoken to Michaela and emailed her tonight.

Talon had a great first day at preschool!

Will catch up with you all later..

#50 Keropi

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:15 AM

Michaela - how did you sleep last night?  How has Adam gone back at school?

Jannette - how did Talon like preschool?

The kids mufti day suggestion is happening today  ddance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.