February 03 Parents # 157

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#51 Keropi

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

I think the school has raised heaps of money  ddance.gif I've just spent 3 hours collecting it for a raffle they are holding.  I wonder what we'll get.

#52 Jet07

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

Talon had a great time! AGain today - but he didn't want to wear mufti -he wanted to wear uniform again LOL!

We apparently made heaps too but they haven't released the final tally yet. I saw some big notes going into the donation bucket at the sausagfe sizzle last night, and almost all kids were out of uniform today. Apparently the courier was amazed yesterday afternoon at how much we'd collected in physical donations that was heading down on one of 11 trucks and shipping containers from Canberra today!

#53 ~JASB~

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

I just received our school's newsletter this morning (email subscription), it's only just been sent at 11:30 this morning - and in this newsletter they tell us they are taking donations at school THIS MORNING for the bushfire appeal  wacko.gif   Great!  Thanks for the notice!!  Luckily I donated at Coles this morning (they are taking donations as well as the profits for today going to the appeal).  Shame for my kids though - I know they would love to have handed over some money sad.gif

Jannette, thankyou - got the emails and am about to take a look.  You are going to be a big help to me with this button feeding starting!!

I slept great last night thanks Julie original.gif  Gas pain is finally settling so I can lie down again.  Went to bed at 8:30 original.gif  Woke up at 4am as Adam was upset.  Scott was already up dealing with him but I couldn't just lie there while my boy was crying!  Poor kid had a sore bottom again sad.gif  Anyway, I did go back to sleep again till 6:30 so I had a good sleep.  I NEEDED it.  Had to grocery shop this morning so that didn't help things, incisions a bit sore from pushing an awkward trolley around.  And today while it was hurting to move the trolley around, I really noticed how many people stand in the middle of aisles, and leave their trolleys parked across aisles expecting everyone to walk around them  wacko.gif   It was really ticking me off today - because it hurt to pull my stupid trolley around them!

Adam went back to school on Tuesday.  Had short days Tues (for me going into hosp) and Wed (for his gastro appt), but had a full day yesterday and he was fine.  He had his first rugby league training session last night ddance.gif  He was buggered last night going to bed LOL.

Ping, hope you get a massive redundancy eexcite.gif

Michaela

#54 MichelleM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINA!  Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Michaela bugger those people who leave their trollies!  I get annoyed with it all the time and I don't have pain as an excuse!  I am so glad to hear that you had a better night and I hope you have a restful weekend as well.  Great to hear that Adam is back on his feet too (apart from his pain this morning pppor lad).  Hope that next week he has an awesome day at school.

Jannette that is so cute that Talon wanted to wear his uniform!  Remind him of that in 7 years time when he wants a new outfit especially for free dress day!  My kids had one too today although they had to wear black which I thought was a bit tasteless considering they were raising money for the bushfire relief.  I know it is also black Friday but it didn't sit well with me.  That and my kids don't own black so I had to buy them clothes to wear!

Julie you will have to post your schools total.  Isn't it amazing that everyone young and old are giving to this cause.  Usually Perth seems so far away however this tragedy has certainly been recognised over here and all the schools are getting involved.

Ohh Ping, some nervous waiting ahead I bet.  I hope that you do get the opportunity to accept a generous payout.  Do you have any names picked out yet?

Lisa HI!!!  Love your update about the kids.  I can see some of Isabella in your Rebecca!  I am so worried about her being let lose in the big school next year and just wondering off!  How is your (not so new anymore) house going?

I'm going on a river cruise tonight and leaving Scarlett for the first time!  My sister is going to stay at our house so she will be safe and cared for but it doesn't stop me from stressing.  I bought a new dress and a new non breastfeeding bra for the event!!  I can't believe it though, I have gone down a size in my back BUT UP a cup size to an E  oomg.gif People used to joke about my very small boobs and now they are ginormous, crazy things that I haven't managed to lose weight from after all this damn exercise!  I do joke though and call them my pecks  Tounge1.gif

Times up, Scarli chops is awake.

#55 Keropi

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

HAPPY 40TH GINA!!!  Have fun at your party!  Give us an update with photo's!

Michaela - why did you go shopping??!!  And yeah bugger on the school giving such late notice.  Glad you slept well and nice to hear Scott doing the soothing at that hour of the day.

Michelle - enjoy your date night.  I had one last friday after our hassle of missing out the week before which really upset us.  However we got a hotel room  roll2.gif , I dressed up in a frock and new heals and we had champagne.  Afterwards, walked along the harbour.  It was nice.  However we need to do it more often.

#56 micallep

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

Gina, happy 40th. Hope you're having some great celebrations  ddance.gif

Michelle, LOL enjoy the cup increase. Have fun on your cruise.

Edited by micallep, 14 February 2009 - 08:52 PM.

#57 Keropi

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

Party update Gina!

#58 Keropi

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

Why can my husband not cook meet and 3 veg when I ask him too??

It has taken him 1 1/2 hours!!!

#59 FloralArrangement

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

Hi there

Still recovering the party was awesome. Started at 2pm and finished at 11pm then Robert woke up screaming 12am and that continued through the night, he was constipated finally sorted itself out before locum arrived, but glad he cam anyway.

The party was great i thought it was going to be a nanna fest to start with but it soon deterioated into lots of fun and frivolity. Catching up with everyone was lovely. NOW the gift from SIL was wati for it Red door perfume, which I think she won in a raffle as she would never outlay that much for me (think the past decade of the 3.00 photo album) anyway I am unable to wear anything like it ( I stick to bodyshop stuff) and after 25 years and being similar in that respect to me it was pretty funny.

NOW MIL's gift (she wore my necklace to my party as well as a family reunion they went to just prior. So her gift to me was

the most superb and beautiful handmade quilt all in colours I love I will take some photos and post them it was lovely.

Now I will do the photos for you. Tyler got me 40 pink flaimingoes which were on my front lawn all day it was a great pressie and lots and lots of laughs.

Tyler and I

me hamming it up

cutting the cake Daisy as usual draped all over me

family shot

my lovely cake

Kiki my niece

Rose took this my bro behind me

So there you are

xx

#60 Keropi

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

Gina - love the flamingo's!!!!  Your party frock was gorgeous,you look great!  Glad the party went well and the presents nice.   tthumbs.gif

I went for a girly lunch today with a friend having a bubba on Wednesday.  Another friend came down the coast for the event.  Finally got to have my hot choccy!!

Nic - so what day are you thinking?  At this stage no work, just depends on friend having baby if she needs a hand with her 14 mth old.  Have hairdressing appointment on friday at 12.30 but could meet in the am until midday, also need to return work phone so friday morning would work well.

Trying to get myself back on track too.  Rang some schools and need to hand out my resume for casual work.  Times have changed.  I've not had to do that before - I have no resume unsure.gif

#61 micallep

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

Agree with Julie, the flamingos look fabulous Gina! How cool. Glad you had a great celebration, you look like you were thoughrouly enjoying yourself in the pics  tthumbs.gif  

Michelle, how was your cruise and 1st night away from Scali?

We had our parent info session night with Jordan's class teacher last night. All of us parents are so amazed and happy with her! Talk about passion and enthusiasm for teaching and gosh she is just delighted with the children! I have no doubt the class will just grow and flourish under her.

xxx to everyone else.

#62 MichelleM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

Awwww Gina, fantastic to hear that the party went well.  Love the pics, looked like a fun day.

Ping Jordan's teacher sounds wonderful! Such a relief to know that the kids will be safe and happy while you're not with them.

Julie your date night sounded wonderful.  I wish I had champagne though! Ohhh and the hotel room!

My night out was pretty good.  It was a buz to wear a real bra and nice dress but I did fret about S a bit!  It was only a few hours though and we were home by 11pm so all good!

Poor S, I think I broke her heart tonight.  I had been trying to settle her for 2 hours so decided to start controlled crying.  Well 10 mins into it (re settling every couple of minutes) I was crying and she was hysterical so we cuddled for a while and she fell asleep in my arms.  There was no reason why she wasn't settling in the first place, she just didn't want to go to bed but after letting her cry she was so sad.  So I'll go back to feeding and rocking her sleep every hour or so, oh joy!

#63 ~JASB~

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

cry1.gif  cry1.gif  cry1.gif
I don't freakin believe this sad.gif

Adam has diarrhoea again this afternoon sad.gif  Came out of school saying he'd just done "lots" at the toilet on the way out.  At home he's gone twice in 5 mins and it's (excuse TMI) just brown water again  cry1.gif

I just rang his stomal therapist (special nurse that deals with the tummy issues kids) and asked her if the Campylobacter bug that he had is one that can stick around in the same way that the Adnoevirus does ... she said yes it can  cry1.gif   She believes it's probably back sad.gif  She actually wanted me to take him straight in but I said I'll see how he goes over the next few hours/overnight.  He's feeling nausious sad.gif if he starts vomiting we'll have to go straight in.  It's not fair!  Will the poor kid eventually end up having a full week at school? sad.gif

He's going to be terribly upset having to go back to hospital sad.gif  At least he was well for his birthday yesterday I guess - only consolation sad.gif

M

Edited by ~JAS~, 18 February 2009 - 04:31 PM.

#64 FloralArrangement

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

I have no words Michaela that is awful

Did crappy customer service training today so dumb but there did seem to be ulterior motives which was quite funny. Don't think the target got it though which was half the point it does cause a lot of problems in the workplace.

Other than that I am knackered.

#65 Keropi

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

Happy Birthday for yesterday Adam!!!  Did he have a good day Michaela?

I can't believe he has it again  nno.gif I hope he doesn't end up in hospital again.

My good friend Bec had her 2nd baby tonight, her second boy!!!  I'm like a proud Aunt, I got to have her 14 month old today.  He went to bed knackered when I took him back home.

#66 micallep

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Happy belated birthday to Adam!!! How is he today Michaela, really hope he didn't end up in hospital again.

Congratulations to your friend Julie, what did they name their baby?

#67 ~JASB~

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

Quick update:  thank God we are still at home!  Not sure what last night was all about but he's fine today *phew!*  Still kept him home from school but he's much, much, much better original.gif  I'm so relieved.  I certainly did NOT want to go back to hospital!!

Dinner cooking so have to run!!

waves.gif

Michaela

#68 Keropi

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

Michaela - that is great news  tthumbs.gif

Thanks Ping - they called him Lincoln.  I'm yet to meet him though.  Hopefully tomorrow!

#69 FloralArrangement

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

Excellent Michaela hope all is well today. Gina xx

#70 Nics

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:17 AM

waves.gif hi girls

just wnated to let you know Im around,... its just been an extremely busy week - Jarrod turned 6 on Wednesday and not only did I have to do cupckaes for his class but also a cake for that night and had all our family over - 21 people altogether  oomg.gif  And then he had a golf party yesterday with his friends from school - 12 in total and thank god I didnt make it anymore than that...  There are some very badly behaved kids around - lets just say I was very glad when it was over and they all went home. I just cant believe how many kids just dont do as they are told repeatedly,  Could never be a school teacher  nno.gif  We also have  a neighbour over the back and their boy came who is 2 years older than the boys (so in year 3 this year) and honestly I think he was one of the worst of the lot - you wouldnt have known there was 2 years difference when he was a amongst the others  unsure.gif

then everyone has been sick in particular Ellie.  Started out with a virus -temp and not sleeping which then turned into a fluey type thing.  The boys had a slight runny nose and cough etc but needed no time off school (luckily Aiden developed his Thursday when there was no preschool  tthumbs.gif - I came down with it Friday  and still feel dreadful.  It is just a cold/flu but no wonder Ellie didnt sleep for 5 nights straight  wacko.gif  

Anyway back on track so will BBL for personals.  Just didnt want you to think I wasnt reading

#71 MichelleM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM AND JARROD!

Michaela I hope Adam is recovering fast this time and you have avoided the hospital.  Very worrying to know that it is a long lasting bug.

Oh Nic I am now dreading Josh's party!  We are having all the boys in his class, 3 of the girls and a couple of friends out of school and I'm dreading so many kids in my house (well the back yard!).  The thought of being a teacher send chills down my spine too!

Sorry to hear that everyone has been sick, especially you as you have to keep going no matter what.

Oh Gina, office politics - dont you just hate it!  

Julie Lincoln must be on the comeback as I have heard another baby called that in the last couple of days!  Congrats to your friend, have you had a cuddle yet?

Hi Ping & Jannette!

I'm on the internet at the moment trying to figure out something to do today.  We have Auskick rego at 12 and then I want to get out and do something but I have no idea what.

Went wedding dress trying on yesterday with Karley and Oh my how emotional!  Just seeing her in the first dress bought Mum and I to tears.  We then looked at bridesmaid dresses which has sent me into a panic, I have so much weight to lose in 12 months!

Uni starts Wednesday as does the nanny.  I'm a little less stressed about leaving Scarlett as I have done a couple of times now and she has survuved with not too many tears!

#72 ~JASB~

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

Adam had his party today - pool party at home at his request original.gif  He only had 4 friends over though.  Hasn't had enough time to get to know many people at school yet, so he had 4 friends that he knows from Kindy last year (that also go to his school).  It was really great though because he's good friends with the 4 of them, and it was nice having it small.  I was able to go overboard on pass the parcel prizes etc etc.  And having 7 kids (inc my 3) was certainly loud enough laughing2.gif

Adam had a fantastic time biggrin.gif  With everything he goes through I find it so satisfying and emotional seeing him as happy as he was today wub.gif

That's birthdays all over in this house for another 6 months  tthumbs.gif

#73 Keropi

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Where is everyone?

Me working, helping friend who had the baby as her mum got pneumonia!  Poor things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.