July 02 Parents # 72

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#51 ~brighteyes~

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

Narelle- I'm glad J's op went well and that he can finally wee without pain!  Tounge1.gif It's amazing what you will put up with though when you think its the norm.

Had my flu needle this morning and all my tests can back as nothing else wrong, so the pain is being put down to flu. Great!

One more week before the move...feeling sad but relieved also.

Savanna

#52 Nerual

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

"so we mums manage to find something to beat ourselves up about no matter which way we go."

Well said & I totally agree. I had this discussion with my best friend just yesterday.

All is well here.

Tomorrow is the first game of the soccer season this year & Zane is just bursting to play again. I can't believe how much he just absolutely LOVES it. I its not just soccer, its any type of footy. He just loves his team sports.

Tomorrow i've got my Dad, my Grandma (dad's mum) & one of my sisters with her 2 girls (5 & 3) coming up for my birthday. Emotionally, I don't know if it'll get teary at all....probably. But we'll have a great lunch & afternoon together.

Lauren

#53 ~brighteyes~

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

Made the move on Saturday. I feel so much happier now that I don't have the stress hanging over me and its good being with mum and dad.

Savanna

#54 Gin and Tonic

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hi All
Savanna- good to hear that you are feeling settled.  

Lauren- happy birthday, I hope you had a nice day and that it wasnt too emotional.

I had a very eventful day yesterday- as I was running out the door from work, running late as usual.  I contemplated whether or not I had time to run to the loo before I left.  Lucky for me that I decided to go, because I then got trapped in the lift for nearly an hour!  I was fine for the first 20 mintues but after the emergency people called me to say it would be another 40 I had a panic attack and went hysterical.  It was after work hours and I was worried that they wouldnt be able to get into the building and that completely freaked my out.

Two of my collegues heard me and talked me down and then after another half an hour of keeping me company they ended up prising the doors open and getting me out.

I was fine, but not keen to get into a lift again any time soon.

#55 Juzz

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

Awwww Len, how awful for you oomg.gif I must admit I actually suffer from mild "lift phobia", so have no idea how I would've reacted in your situation - pretty badly I'm tipping!  I can go in lifts, but sometimes get really nervous, particularly if I'm on my own and/or in the high speed ones in tall buildings, as well as the clunky old ones in some old buildings and car parks... My advice would be to try not to over-think the situation next time you have to go in a lift and if at all possible, make sure you're not alone - going on the law of averages, it's not likely to happen to you ever again Tounge1.gif

Savanna - you sound more relaxed and calm about the situation already original.gif  How is Aleisha settling into her new school?

I'm having a really hard time of things at the moment - my Mum's been in hospital (she's out now but having to take things very easy) and Mitchell's routine has been thrown down the toilet, which has resulted in him going totally off the rails of an evening sad.gif My poor little lad is simply struggling to cope! Which is only exacerbated by his stupid father refusing to accept Mitchy is not the same as other kids and has at least one, if not more disorders/issues and constantly threatening and punishing him for his 'bad' behaviour is only making things worse rant.gif End of vent...

Take care all,

#56 Gin and Tonic

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

that's awful Juzz.  I hope your mum is ok.

I didnt know Mitch had a disorder. I dont think you have shared that with us.  Is he ok?

#57 Nerual

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:07 PM

Oh Juzz, sorry to hear your having a tough time at the moment. Whats happening with your Mum?

Len, how very scary for you. I can't imagine how i'd go, especially with the end of day routine with the kids. Did your nanny have G & T? Were you able to contact them to let them know what was going on?

I'm starting to get a flow of work leading up to June 30 so my posts on here won't be as regular.

hugs to all,
Lauren

#58 EsmeLennox

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hi girls

Have been meaning to get inhere for a while.

Len oomg.gif to the lift. I'm like Juzz, have a bit of a mild lift-phobia anyway. I'll actually take the stairs where possible!

Juzz, hope your Mum is OK, and that Mitch settles into a routine again.

Jeremy had a fall yesterday that ended up being a trip to the Dr - mild concussion, but he seems absolutely fine today. Whacked his head good and proper and had such a massive lump! The swelling's gone down today quite a lot though.

Not much else going on here. Work is incredibly busy - we are all teaching over load, even though we don't need to be as we have provision for more staff but for some ****ed up reason our principal will not get more staff. There are kids waiting for a space in English - it's ridiculous. I have no idea what the boss' political agenda is, but I hope he can feel comfortable with blocking core subjects to kids when it's not necessary - and in a *public* school!  rant.gif

Better go, Harry and Sam are going nuts and Sam needs to have a sleep shortly.

#59 Juzz

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

Hi Ladies,

Oops - sorry, I was so busy venting last evening I forgot I hadn't actually shared the details of Mitchy's issues with you all...  ddoh.gif

In an absolute nutshell, Mitchell was officially diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) nearly 12 months ago; We've been seeing a Behavioural Therapist/Mental Health Practitioner (referred by Mitchy's Paed who diagnosed the ADHD) for a few months now and she has referred us to CAHMS (Childhood & Adolescent Mental Health Service - govt dept) as she is of the opinion he has bigger issues than just the ADHD oomg2.gif So now we're looking at a possible co-diagnosis of ASD, Aspergers Syndrome and/or a Speech & Language Disorder oomg.gif

All of which is presenting plenty of challenges for me, particularly when I feel like I'm fighting a solo battle as I get zero support nno.gif from Graeme - he just makes the situation harder...

My Mum came out of hospital very suddenly/surprisingly on Tuesday original.gif - the public hospital system leaves a lot to be desired in terms of patient/doctor communication - and is now at home on some strong, morphine-based painkillers, slowly getting over the infection (bacterial infection in the fluid surrounding her hip joint), catching up on sleep and generally resting and recovering.

Lauren - great to hear work is picking up for you original.gif

Gotta run, hope everyone else is good!

#60 Gin and Tonic

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

Goodness Juzz, Mitchell must keep you on your toes!  What sort of therapy is he having?  With all those possible disorders, where do you start?  

Narelle, I hope Jem is better from his concussion.  Are you still working in distance education or are in a school now?

Since my lift episode I have been taking the stairs at work and I have now co-opted my team to try and climb Mt Everest as a challenge.  I have been the butt of jokes all week, with most people sending me meeting requests with the location "lift 1".  Everyone's concern was what I would have done if I had needed to go to the toilet, how hilarious is that?  Thank goodness I went before I got in.  I was laughing that I did have my empty lunchbox with me, so it would have been pretty funny if the doors had opened while I was squatting over it, or if I had been stuck in the lift with someone else!  
I was lucky that I had some mobile coverage and managed to call out to someone at the office to call home for me, and I eventually got through to DH to go straight home.  The Nanny called me mid panic attackk and she calmed me down.

So tip for anyone getting into a lift- take your mobile and dont get in if you need to go to the toilet!

Hope everyone is well

#61 ~brighteyes~

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

Feeling much more relaxed this week, and everyone at work has said I look more relaxed about everything now. Still annoyed at Ray for a stack of things (first most being his utter cold attitude to me and not calling Aleisha for a week and a half and then only texting)

Aleisha is over there this weekend. So went to undercover wear party with work girls last night. And I'm doing stuff around home without her now. Feels kinda strange.  ddown.gif But I've made plans with my best friend for the week in the holidays when she'll be with him...to keep myself busy.

Cheers,
Savanna

#62 Nerual

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

HI girls,

Hope your all great.

Savanna, glad to hear your coping well but sorry to hear you won't have Aleisha on the holidays. May be a good thing though to give you a chance to recharge your batteries for next term and enjoy some much needed me time.

How long does everyone's kids have off for holidays? We just have Good Friday through the next week then a pupil free day on Monday 20th (Nate's b'day) so 7 school days off. I'm really really looking forward to the lack of 'school day' routine. & no after school committments for a week!

Juzz, how is your mum's recovery going? Sorry to hear of Mitch's disorder but i hope you find the support & understanding that you need, even if you don't get it at home all the time.

I bought our easter eggs yesty so all ready for Sunday. I've kept it low key opting to buy each of the boys a small choc bilby, & enough other eggs for us all to share being 1 doz hollow eggs (you know the ones) & 1 bag white choc solid eggs. No doubt when we head down to Brissie on good Friday that DH's parents will have some chocolate for them & my Dad also.

Nate's b'day coming up monday week so i really need to put some thought into his pressie. I've kept out the toy mags that came in yesty's jumk mail to see if he's interested in anything in particular.so far he's asked for Bakugan & (after i reminded him) Kevin Levin's car from ben 10 alien force.

He really needs a bigger bike but given Zane's is the size he requires & Zane needs the next size up, we're planning to wait till June & buy Z a bike for his b'day & pass Z's down. I feel Nate's getting jipped but until they're riding the same size bikes, there's no point buying 2 new ones for my feelings sake as I'm sure my boys don't think that way.

ANyway, i've got to get into my Wednesday afternoon routine as Z plays WallaRugby after school & we don't get home till 5.30. So i best go prepare the veges & crumb the chicken and organise afternoon tea for 2 growing boys.

Chat soon,
Lauren

Oh Peta, the piccie of the rising flood waters is scary. But i took another look through your album of 'where you live' & apart from the flooding, your place is so beautiful.

#63 EsmeLennox

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:32 AM

Hi girls

Lauren, we have from Good Friday to the 29th of April here in the West - so a looong break. Teachers return on the 28th.

Harry's b'day is next week, and he is also getting Kevin Levin's car, and he's also getting a bike. They are getting a bit spoiled this year with birthdays as they aren't having parties, and Jeremy has put in an order for a Nintendo DSi!

My boys are just mad on Ben 10 - I get sick to death of it myself!

Len, yes, I'm still teaching distance ed. They'll have to pry me out with a crowbar! The conditions are just too good and family friendly compared to what I would get if I tried to go part time in a 'real' high school. I have to decide about taking permanent part time at the end of the year or returning full time, but I think I've just about made up my mind to do three days permanent part time. Extra work always pops up anyway, so if I wanted more I could get it, or do relief the other two days. I can't see me wanting more than 3 days until the boys are all in full time school, and that's nearly 4 years away.

Jeremy has been very pleased with himself this week, as he has been allowed to bring home the 'hard' readers from school. I was a bit surprised actually, but turns out he's got more reading ability than I thought!  tongue.gif

Harry's going well at kindy. I went with him this morning to have birthday cake, and I swear to God I will never, ever think he is feral again after some of the kid I saw today! oomg.gif Kudos to the teacher for handling them so well, but I really, really hope some of them move prior to 'big school' (or we may have to!  tongue.gif ).

Sam is just Sam. Headstrong and Mr Independent. It's his way or the highway ATM, so I think we're in for an interesting couple of years. He and Harry feed off each other something shocking with silly behaviour, and they both just think they are soooooo hysterically funny, you can't do a thing with them when they get like it - we just have to ride it out. Compared with he older two Sam is just so confident and outgoing. the benefit of older siblings I guess.

I have gotten rid of all my baby stuff now. Tugged at the heartstrings a bit, but I was strong, and it's gone! Can't hoard it forever.

Anyway, getting late, better toddle off to bed.

Take care everyone and have a great Easter xo

#64 ~brighteyes~

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

We have holidays from today until the 29th April as well (though I go back on the 27th).

Aleisha is with me this week, and then with Ray for the second week and back to me the weekend before school goes back. I've already got a day with my best friend booked in for that week, and a day with the other kindy teachers at school to clean up our rooms and have lunch at the local tavern afterwards, and one is also planning a night out somewhere in the city.

Planning on going to the Easter show with Aleisha, but Ray although he is interested in going would rather finish doing Aleisha's room which he promised her before he's off to New Zealand on Tuesday to Friday. Would have thought he'd jump at the chance for time with her over Easter. Oh well!  ddown.gif Trying to work out if I'm brave enough to venture into Homebush with just the two of us...I'm hopeless wtih public transport.

Savanna

#65 Nerual

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

FASHION ADVICE NEEDED! (yes again!!)

THis time i'm off to my Sisters wedding in May. Its a breakfast wedding (8.30am) at a golf course. So i'm assuming it'll be a cool/cold morning but easing into a warmish day provided it doesn't rain.

So, suggestions please!

I've 2 thoughts so far:

1. a pretty frock with a wrap/cardie type

2. a long sleeve but shortish dress with long boots (too trashy??)

I'm going to get a couple of magazines for ideas too.

#66 ~brighteyes~

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

option number one sounds good to me.

Savanna

doing some internet surfing while Aleisha is at Ray's this week

#67 Nerual

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

Yeah i'm with you Savanna. I'm not a long boots owner/wearer.

I'm just needing a break in my work load to have a day or 2 of shopping! I'm hoping it will be this Thursday while my best friend is in Brissie for a few days.

So i best get into it. I'm working today while DH takes the boys swimming at Noosa, fishing, Lunch etc  original.gif  sad.gif ITs such a beautiful day I wish I was going too. But i'll appreciate it next week.

#68 Gin and Tonic

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

I like #1 but I would wear a long pretty cardi belted at the waist over a pretty dress (especially if I had your figure).   The only problem will be finding something in a pretty colour with all the winter collections.  I would get a really light cardi not a wooly one.

Or I would get a bit more of a statement dress and wear it on its own with tights and heels.  I wouldnt wear boots to a morning wedding unless it was really cold.

A light wool dress could look nice too if it is cold.

What colours do you like to wear?

I love finding things for people to wear to occasions, I do if for my friends all the time.  

Look at these websites and see if anything tickles your fancy in their collections: (go straight to "dresses" if that is an option)
Leonaedmiston.com  she has lots of long sleeve dresses
waynecooper.com.au
witchery.com.au pretty soft dresses with long cardis
countryroad.com.au
alannahhill.com.au  lots of pretty short cardis (cant download it tonight for some reason so not sure if the collections are on the website)  

I can help you narrow it down if I get a feel for what you like.

BTW- you dont have to buy any of these brands, but I find I have more luck at the cheaper stores if I know what look I am going for, so the more expensive websites are good for ideas.

#69 Gin and Tonic

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

Happy birthday Ness!

Please tell me you are in your 30s now, so that I dont feel so old!

#70 Pickle81

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:30 PM

Thanks Len original.gif  And sorry to disappoint but another 2 years before the big 3-0 lol
We've had Vic's mum here since last Monday which has been great.  Even better last night though.  We had a BBQ and cocktail night (our new hobby is the cocktail cabinet - we only have them once every week or two though, not raving alcho's yet lol), Vic's mum did majority of the cooking and the cleaning and she loved it!  She's on her own, and being Italian all she wants to do is cook and look after people lol  So we are enjoying being spoilt while she's here.  And it's great knowing that when I get home from work I don't have to freak about the kids and dinner etc.  Although it's not doing much for mine and Vic's health kick.  We've both put a bit of weight on so have gotten back into weightloss mode again, just need to get Ma to stop making fritole and gnocchi, but we have told her that we did blow out this w/e with my party, but now we are back on it, and that she can cook what she wants for the kids and we'll take care of our dinner.
Anyway, just a quick update, i need to stop being a slacker and post more lol

PS - Lauren I'd go with option one being a morning wedding (Vic suggested PJ's being that early lol), if it was an arvo one I would have went with option 2

#71 Nerual

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

Settled! I've got my Summery dress & bought a black wrap/come scarf to wear with it. I think i may treat myself to some closed toe slingback type shoes. With the past few cool mornings, the thought of my black strappies gives me a chill! LOL.

Ness....cocktails weekly sound great....whats your address again? May be worth the few hours it'd take me to get there! LOL Ok maybe not but maybe you can share your fav cocktail recipies with us. Any the rest of you too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.