• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:32 AM

New thread time ladies:

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=642130

#2 **LISA**

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

Would it be bad of me, being the absentee to claim GOLD!!!
tthumbs.gif
Na I didn't think so either.

All is good here (apart from the eternal mother nagging I am doing - re cleaning up and picking up stuff  aannoyed.gif  - What baffles me is that they {the kids} seem to be able to be angels everywhere else they go!!  aannoyed.gif  So this morning I did the jewish mother guilt on them  tongue.gif  though I don't think it will work )

#3 Keropi

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

roll2.gif

Silver

Just got offered a one day a week teaching job on the proviso of being first called for everything else.  I'm happy with that.  Same school I was at last year at the end.

#4 MichelleM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

Love your work Lisa, go for gold LOL!  I soooo hear you on nagging Mother routine.  I went totally skitz the other night, like TOTALLY, because Isabella trashes her room every day and NEVER cleans it.  That night she cried and screamed because I made her clean it and she woke up Scarlett so I lost it!

Great news on the job Julie although, do you really want to work back at that school?

My baby boy is 6 tomorrow!  He really is such a thoughtfull child, very sensible and sensitive too.  Because it's his birthday tomorrow I wont go into his bad points!  We're having a family dinner tomorrow night and a party with his friends next weekend.  So not looking forward to that one (the thought of that many kids gives me the heebie jeebies!).

Not sure if I've written it here but we're having our backyard landscaped.  It's going to be finished tomorrow which is so exciting.  I can't get over how gorgeous it looks and the kids are beside themselves with happiness, they can actually go outside again now (thank goodness!)!

Hope everyone is doing well.

ETA Julie, what is that pic that's supposed to be in your sig?

Edited by MichelleM, 26 February 2009 - 10:30 PM.

#5 ~JASB~

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

Happy 6th Birthday Josh!

Hope you have a great day big boy original.gif

Hi to everyone, no time atm ...

Michaela

#6 micallep

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:08 AM

Happy Birthday for yesterday Josh xxx

BBL gotta get ready for swimming lessons.

#7 Nics

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:19 AM

Happy birthday to Josh..... good luck with the party Michelle.  Why one earth did you decide to have it at home you crazy woman  oomg2.gif We had 12 BOYS for Jarrod's last week and OMG - I could never be a school teacher.  I only had them for 2 hours and it was a golf party so I didnt see a lot of them but when I did - well Im just thankful for the kids Ive got  original.gif

Jet - sorry I didnt get back to you - I actually left my mobile sitting on the kitchen bench yesterday morning so didnt get your msg nor could I sms you until we got home around 1pm.  I got delayed anyway so was hoping you realised we didnt actually say yes for 12pm  ssorry.gif

big hi to everyone else - dont get a chance to post much these days...  all is good though just busy  wacko.gif  Not sure Im really happy with Jarrod's teacher/s this year - its a job share arrangement which is fine I guess - the teacher he has for 3 days is a bit airy fairy...  I feel like I need to put a rocket up her IYKWIM .. but Jarrod loves her so I guess thats the main thing for a year 1 kid right??  The other one is the big meanie although she has gotten better with time.  I think she will be the "good" teacher though - in terms of getting things done etc.  

Is anyone else kids doing Mathletics this year?  Our school has previously trialled it for 2 years but have now implemented for all grades and can I just say its absolutely fantastic!  Jarrod has only had his username and password for 2 days and has over 2000 points (which is about 2 hours of maths work in real time)...  he finds it fun and hates getting any wrong answers  nno.gif  

OK I can hear the boys getting into mischief outside so best go deal with that....  or should I say deal with DH who is dealing with that  unsure.gif

#8 ~JASB~

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:04 AM

Nic Josh brought a note home from school yesterday about Mathletics - it's just become available at our school original.gif  Only $7 for a year subscription, so yep I'll be paying on Monday!  Maths is Josh's favourite subject so I know he'll love it original.gif

Adam also has a job share teacher - one 4 days and the other only 1 day.  I'm not too thrilled with the one day a week teacher (better than being the other way around I guess!)  Adam doesn't seem to like her either sad.gif  He was really upset yesterday that she made him get off the computer when he'd only just gotten on for his turn - she thought he'd already been on it longer, but he'd actually only just sat down.  He told her that he only just got on it but she just ignored him.  I told him maybe he needed to say it louder to make sure she heard and he just said "but she was right beside me".  Poor kid had a bad day yesterday - was upset about that, and he fell over twice - once required an office visit for ice, his knee is still sore sad.gif  Makes me so sad.  Of course I'd be upset for Josh if he was sad about this type of thing too, but with Adam it just seems to cut deeper.  I'm extra protective of him for obvious reasons.  Scott is always having a go at me about letting him grow up, but I just can't help it, I've always been ultra protective of him.

I better go, it's 9am, still in pj's and really need to hit the shops!!  Have a 4yo party this arv and an 8yo party tomorrow morning - have presents for neither LOL

Oh Josh's footy season starts tonight - with a bang!  His team is playing at half time in a FOGs match (Former Origin Greats) and then at half time in the Bulldogs/Raiders trial match up here original.gif  Great way for a bunch of 7 year olds to start their season original.gif

Big day ahead!!

M
xx

#9 Nics

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

Michaela - LOL at the over protectiveness of your 2nd child and that whole situation.  I too get told Im too protective of Aiden and yes I openly admit I have treated him differently to Jarrod BUT I have had to be overprotective for his own safety and health!  I have had to watch him like a hawk since he started crawling so only natural it seems he has been baby'd somewhat.  Although in saying that he really isnt ready to start school next year cause he is a lot younger than a normal almost 4 year old  unsure.gif  I will be holding him back for sure and hope he "grows up" a bit this year - not that I want hi to grow up quickly or anything but he does need to come into himself so to speak..

anyway just had to comment befroe going to sleep - god hlep me when Aiden starts school  cry1.gif

#10 FloralArrangement

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hi there

I have been lurking on and off life is busy with 4 kidlets.

All is well. Closer and closer that R will be with us permanently unless bio dad pulls his head out pretty quickly.

Happy 6th birthday to our Feb babies and happy today birthday to my Miss Rosie who is having a blast.

xx

#11 ~JASB~

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE!

I actually did think of her earlier Gina!  She has an easy birthday to remember wink.gif

#12 MichelleM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!!!

Hope you had a wonderful day today Rosie!

Was thinking of you yesterday Michaela, I hope you got through the day ok.

Have to shoot off but I wanted to say a special hello to Rose and Michaela xox

#13 FloralArrangement

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

We are having a double party on the weekend Rosie from 2-5 and Lily from 5-8 omg def. bitten off more than I can chew.

Thanks for the Happy's for Rosie

#14 Keropi

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

Happy belated birthday Josh and Rosie!!

Sorry I missed it.  I hope you all had lovely parties.

We finally had Ashie's on the weekend.  It was a small gathering but she was happy because it was "her" party.
I also took her to the museum to sleep in the dino room last friday night.  It was great!  Very busy night, very late, and an early start the next day.  But well worth the effort and exhaustion.  Photo's to come on the blog soon.  We hung out with Cate Blanchet's kids and their dad while Cate was at a function where a friend of ours in TV was at.  Small world.  No playdate organised though!

Not much else to report here but battling lurgies again.  Even Damien has been home.

Catch you all later.

#15 Keropi

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

Blog updated.

#16 FloralArrangement

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

Jules how smanzee and fancy you are hanging out with famous people. The dino room sounds awesome. Adelaide has the same old stuff for parties really should set one up myself there is a huge demand for something that every kids hasn't done 75 times.

#17 Keropi

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

That's me Gina Smanzee fancee roll2.gif

#18 ~JASB~

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

Hey lovelies waves.gif

What a week...

With all the ongoing drama with Adam, found out on Wednesday that Shawn now needs a minor operation too sad.gif

He has a hydrocoele - a boy bits problem.  The track that the testes descend down from at birth (or just before birth) hasn't closed up properly on one side, so it's leaking fluid down into his scrotum.  Every so often he gets one enlarged testicle (twice the size of the other one) and it looks blue, like it's bruised!  Have taken him to the doc about it in the past but at that time the swelling had gone back down again so there was nothing for the doc to see (and I felt like an idiot for taking him!).  It's happening more freqently now though, and that side seems to be getting even larger than it has before.  Was particularly bad last weekend, so took him back to doc again on Monday.  It had started to go down again but was still swollen enough for the doctor to see it.  He said he thinks it's a hydrocoele and referred him for an ultrasound (booked for next Wed).  Told me that they normally correct themselves - but before 2yo.  After that age they need correcting surgically.  Then on Wed Adam had his surgeon appt so I mentioned Shawn's situation while there - she said to pop him up on the bed and she'd take a look.  Surgical reg has no doubt at all it's a hydrocoele.  Said not to even bother with the ultrasound and she just booked him in!  So ... at a surgical appt for Adam, I was signing a consent for Shawn.  I'm still going to get the scan done anyway I think though, just for my peace of mind that this is definately what we're dealing with.  Feeling quite apprehensive about it.  I'm so used to putting Adam under GA, but scared about putting Shawn under sad.gif

Still ongoing with Adam too.  His consultant was in emergency surgery when we had our appt so we only got to see his senior registrar - she wasn't sure what is happening with Adam's button surgery and was going to find out and call me.  Haven't heard from her yet, but she did say that it will probably be done in the next month or so.

Was telling a friend all of the above this morning and said to her "Thank God Josh is ok!"  Why did I say that?  cry1.gif

2:45pm this afternoon I get a phone call from school  cry1.gif

Josh has fractured BOTH bones in his right wrist and is now in a cast.

What next!!!???

#19 MichelleM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

I was just having a lurk, wasn't going to post but OMG Michaela!!  Brett even asked me what I was saying Oh No about!  Your poor boys and poor you for having to be the brave, strong Mum through it all!  Biggest hugs to your whole family, may the next financial year be a better one for you all!

Gina wow to think that your family will perm include R, must feel lovely to know that he will be forever loved and cared for.  You are crazy having back to back birthday parties!  We only have Josh's this Sunday and I'm already pazzing out (honestly completely pazzing out LOL!).

Julie what a great night!  How about you hob nobbing too!!  Love the pics too (gotta start taking more myself!).

Gah Scarlett just woke up.  She's teething terribly at the moment and very miserable.

#20 Keropi

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Michaela - on no  nno.gif You and your poor boys.  How on earth did Josh bust his wrist?  Did he need surgery, how did the school deal with it?
And poor Shawn too. hhugs.gif

Michelle - hob nobbing sounds rude! lol  Love the photo of Scarlett in your sig.  How do I do that?  I tried, it stayed up for a day from flickr, and now I can't delete the link from my sig.  It is driving me nuts.

Nic - how are you?

Jannette - and you....

Me, went to a work dinner to meet the staff that I'm normally bossing around.  Funny seeing faces put to names and voices.  Need to go to bed though kids have swimming at 7am except Aurora who fell over and grazed both knees, an elbow and both hands because I told her to run past a particular house that has a dog while we were walking Sweetie and Charlie, then she had to walk the 25 mins home because we were walking home from school.  It's a feeble whinge in comparison to your problems with the boys Michaela - but gee it is hard seeing them all beat up and bruised.  
Poor thing, she is a clutz like her mother.
Also hoping to go house hunting tomorrow for houses I can't possibly afford  wacko.gif why I am doing it is beyong me...probably because I'm bored and am not allowed another dog!

#21 micallep

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

Michaela, your poor boys and poor you  cry1.gif . Big hug to you all.

Julie, wow the dinosaur sleep over sounds awesome. I didn't know you can do something like that at the museum! What were Cate's kids like, she has 2 boys doesn't she? Why are you house hunting???

Michelle, I love the new pic of Scarlett. Gosh she's not far from turning 1.

Me, only 7 weeks of work left. Yippee!!! HR give a maternity gift now, I got mine last week a gorgeous pack of organic stuff for the baby. Unfortunately no taking it easy at work, have to close off the work fin year with doing reviews for the 2 people I look after and also having to performance manage one which is an awful process to be going through. I can see how it's negatively impacting this person yet at the same time their standard of work is absolutely terrible so it has to be done  nno.gif.

Ok must go check the kidlets in the bath now.

xxx to all.

#22 Keropi

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

Yay Ping - 7 weeks to go, wow!!  Nice pressie too.  I don't envy you on the performance review.
Cate's kids were nice.  The kindi boy was chatty and kept finding us to tell us something.  The older one is quiet.  They do have 3 boys now.  

No house hunting today.  Ethan had a tanty because he doesn't want a new house and won't even look even though I told him we're just looking to get ideas and prices etc etc.  Which then in turn put us all in a foul mood rant.gif Having trouble getting out of it now.  Anyway, off to cook for a picnic tomorrow with some friends.  We are going to Mt Tomah and hopefully some apple picking at Bilpin.  I'm making potatoe salad and quiche, already done the blueberry muffins.  My friend is bringing rolls and fillings and the most delicious home made cookies.  It will be worth the effort.  Maybe I should take a bottle of white too.

#23 Keropi

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

Where is everyone??!!

It's Aurora's 8th birthday today and she was spoilt rotten!  DH got her an ipod touch, it's pretty cool!  I want one!!  But alas I will share, she won't know if I use it while she is at school will she?! roll2.gif Plus we have the Coldplay concert tomorrow night..yay!

Trying to make her special dinner of potato and leek soup and will do a banana cake.

#24 ~JASB~

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY AURORA!!

How on earth did Josh bust his wrist? Did he need surgery, how did the school deal with it?

How:  Two words ... Monkey Bars  wacko.gif   We were actually more worried about his head than his wrist at the time - think he had a slight concussion as he came down on his face as well as his hand.  He collapsed a minute after he fell (as his teacher was walking with him to sick bay).  Eyes rolled back in his head and he went white.  Scared the 'you know what' out of his teacher ohmy.gif  But his head was fine within a few hours, thankfully.
No surgery thank God - Greenstik fractures so the bones are aligned, just cracked.
School were good - well his teacher was great.  She didn't leave his side till I got there - and the 4 days before the accident she was away on a Workplace Health & Safety conference would you believe!?  She's going to be doing an assignment and including Josh's accident in her assignment now!  I do think the school probably should have called an ambulance really, because of the suspected head injury.  But it happened at 2:40pm - so they just called me.  Once I got there his teacher asked me if I wanted an ambulance, but by then it was easier (quicker) for me to just take him to hospital myself.  
He's coping really well with it original.gif

Have to be quick tonight ... was just coming in to post to Jannette!  Mate, we are seriously considering coming to Canberra - next month!!  We're on CC NSW on 4th April for a very close friend's 40th birthday, and am thinking of coming down to Canberra afterwards.  Thought it would be something a bit different for the boys to see the Nation's Capital original.gif  Also the Cowboys are playing the Raiders on Monday 6th wink.gif  So we thought we could go to the game too - Josh would love to see his boys at an away game (other than in Brisbane LOL).  It's a shame my Broncos are playing at home that weekend!  So I don't get to see them away this trip!

So wdyt?  Any suggestions for accomodation?  Have you been on any Parliament House tours?  Do you think it's worthwhile?

M

#25 Jet07

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

Michaela - am just replying on FB now.

Me - well. Can't believe the last week or so.
Our dog Simba who lived with PIL for past 8 years was put to sleep last Friday. His tumour had turned into an aggressive cancer. I drove to Sydney to be there when the vet came, and then brought FIL back here until last night. He lost his wife and furry companion within 9 months and both to cancer. I hope he was ok when he got home late last night and started putting away the dogs things today. He still dpesn't want to move here sad.gif Better call him in a minute.

We had Shea's ILP meeting at school yesterday (setting goals for next 12 months with executive, mainstream and special ed teachers and therapists). My concerns about the attitude of his mainstream teacher are apparently shared by another teacher present so hopefully she will be spoken to.

We got the results of Shea's phonological awareness assessment back yesterday afternoon. Although still not consistent he has come a long way and is on the brink of "getting" phonics. At this stage he still only has sight words and dropped from level 3/4 before xmas to level 1/2 readers over the break. Like his Mum numbers are apparently his strong point.

Talon is testing us behaviourally every day. It's so exhausting. Going really well at preschool though. Preparing for his friends party at the end of next week. House is a shambles after being sick early last week then having FIL here etc. FIl coming back for the party that means I won't have a storage / hiding room.

I'm meant to be typoing minutes of a sponsorship meeting held a week ago, but better get back to it and hopefully catch up on personals soon.

Happy belated birthday to all those I've missed - Rosie, Aurora, Ashie and anyone else!

BTW - did you all see on FB that Relle has had bad news about her Dad. Not sure of details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.