February 03 Parents # 158

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#51 ~JASB~

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

Shall we just aim for lunch on the 6th?  I'd rather see you guys together if I can anyway original.gif

#52 Jet07

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

Talon is 4  ohmy.gif  oomg2.gif  oomg.gif . How did that happen?

#53 MichelleM

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

HI everyone!

A huge happy birthday to Talon today!  I hope he has a wonderful day (I read on FB that he was dissapointed about not having another party on his actual birthday, poor baby!).  How is your FIL doing Jannette?

Michaela how are you after the OB appt?  Wish you were in Perth, I have a lovely wonderful guy I recommend you see.

Julie I love your sig pic!  I especially love the black and white conversion, so much depth.

Shaking my head Nic, sure you have enough time on your hands to throw together a dinner for the whole family!  How did it end up going?  After reading your post I caved and checked out the PP site and placed a bit order!  It's for summer gear for next year though so I hope I got the sizing right.  Not sure if it's a nationwide sale but Myer had/has a great sale on baby clothes.  Got Scarlett a gorgeous pair of pants, really gorgeous(!) for only $9 and a Autumn weight dress for also $9!  

I have one more party to organise and I'm free for a little while!  I felt so guilty after ready all of your replies about uni because I did defer (well will tomorrow!) and feel so much better for it.

#54 Jet07

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Talon received a very special birthday message usually reserved for Shea! A beautiful horizon to horizon rainbow during footy training  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif

#55 ~JASB~

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

Oh gosh Jannette, that just gave me goosebumps original.gif  A beautiful happy birthday sign to Talon from his big brother Tainn wub.gif  How lovely!  Happy Birthday from us Talon original.gif

Michelle, thanks I'm ok.  I haven't been thinking about it much tbh.  I just don't want to think about it if you get what I mean?  So I'm just ignoring the entire situation for now.  Haven't done anything else about it.  How you feeling now about deferring?   oomg2.gif  at the pavers!!  What was Brett's reaction to that!?  Bet your friend felt terrible too.

Nic, I sympathise.  My memory of sleep deprivation is not too far back!  God knows why I want to do it all again huh? Tounge1.gif

Ping, hope you're doing ok xx  Haven't heard from you - guess you haven't logged in since I posted about catching up Tounge1.gif  Will have to FB you wink.gif

Keeping busy here.  Adam and Shawn will both go in for their ops after Easter.  Although I'm getting cold feet about going ahead with Adam's gastrostomy.  Jannette, I need to talk to you!  I did update my SN thread if you don't mind having a look there wink.gif

Josh is doing great with his cast on - there's photos of him with it in FB in my family album.  Cast is due to come off on 14th April, and his U8s footy team is playing at halftime of Broncos vs Eels game 10 days later ... not sure yet if he'll get medical clearance in time but I hope he does - he'd be sad to miss it.  But of course we don't want to rush him back and do more damage.  Just have to wait and see.

Michaela

#56 Keropi

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

Happy Belated Birthday to Talon!!  How's it going with school Jannette?

Michelle - you'll do your degree eventually!  You sound busy.

Nic - how was the dinner?

Michaela - sorry darl, I can't do the 6th as I've committed to work until Easter.  What time are you coming through on the 8th?  Maybe we can meet you for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Not much happening here.  Considering moving still - maybe to Berlin.  Big ??????  My SIL is finding out about pay and rents etc etc.  Doesn't mean it will happen, because you all know me, we say we're gonna move and never do.

#57 Jet07

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

Tks Julie. No more real incidents at school so maybe we got through. It was amazing at the aide training on Friday how little those looking after him in the playground during feed time had been told! The main Thurs / Fri lunch one (when most of the problems had been happening) had no idea at all what to do and was just turning it off when it beeped without checking what the display was saying  rant.gif .

Taking Talon for his 4yo injections at 10:45am. Promised him a treat if he's brave. He asked to go to Brand Depot (factory outlet place) for lunch and a play in their playland  ddoh.gif . Problem is it's 25mins away, they're forecasting showers developing, and I've got all Shea's linen on the line including quilt after a vomit at some stage overnight. Can't work out when though as there's no formula, just solids from dinner? He's fine today and gone to school as normal.

#58 Keropi

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Jannette - hope Talon's injections went well.  I hate needle time!  How sweet that he wanted to do lunch wub.gif

Spoke to the teacher today who has booked me for one day a week on the condition that I get other work.  Found out she hasn't been offering to me.  Anyway had a chat with her about it and she had the hide to say that she booked another casual for some work I pulled her about about ages and ages ago and it was a harder class.  Don't know what rock she lives under?!  I'm the one that gets called for the hard classes because there isn't many people that take them!  I didn't reply to her then as I was shocked by her response.

#59 Jet07

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

He was so brave he told the nurse what he was here for "to get my needles to stop me getting really sick", and didn't even flinch. The nurse was pretty good too!

Julie - some people amaze me! Hope you get sorted with more work soon.

#60 Keropi

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

Jannette - how adorable that he was brave!

DH and I are having big issues again.  He still doesn't get my issues with him going to the pub after work.  Not only has he not seen the kids at all this week at night for more then 5 mins and the same again in the morning, but he still thinks that those 5 mins aren't worth it and he will go for a beer with his non-children mates that turns into more then one and then....he will ring and say that he can be put up at one of the so called mates house and when I say don't bother coming home again...ever...he thinks it is OK to come home.  I'm so over it.  Don't get me wrong, I love my husband but he needs to bloody grow up and until he does I want him out of my face.

#61 ~JASB~

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

Oh Julie sad.gif  I'm so sorry to hear of the problems with D again.  I have no idea what to advise, just know I'm thinking of you and praying you guys can work it out hhugs.gif

Unfortunately I won't have any time on the 8th.  Won't get in till lunchtime and already have other friends booked in for that afternoon!  Did that once I found out Nic couldn't do the 8th.  Not sure what we're going to do Thurs morning before we head off - might have a look at Bondi maybe.  

Sydney girls, please tell me what you'd suggest for our half day in Sydney??

Edited by ~JAS~, 26 March 2009 - 04:21 PM.

#62 FloralArrangement

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

Hi there

I have not disappeared just been amazingly busy. work, sports day, sick kids oh and some more work just for something different.

I am there now so sending a quick message.

Julie did you go to couples counselling before? I think that D is acting like a single man. So sad he isn't spending more time with you. I know everyones relationships work differently as well.

Sorry I have to go and work

xx

#63 Keropi

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

Things are settling back like they normally do, had ANOTHER chat, hopefully layed down the law this time.  And will look into counseling again.

In the meantime, I am going to get my butt into gear and start applying for full time work.  Found a job in Berlin at a Bilingual school, just need to get a suitable CV in order which is going to be difficult due to being a casual worker my whole teaching life.  I did email the school and they are very interested in hearing from me.
Have enrolled the kids into German language school this morning.

Who knows what we'll do.  I do know that there is no hesitation to go ahead if this is where life takes us.

#64 FloralArrangement

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

Julie that is awesome overseas travel seems to release people from the need to stay home people become more adventuresome. Good luck.

#65 Keropi

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

Nothing like a potential move to get things going around the house.  We are measuring up to replace the kitchen, get new fly screens, paint etc etc to get the house ready to rent out.

Michaela, walking around Circular Quay is just lovely, you have the opera house and botanical gardens on one end, on the other end the harbour bridge and the rocks, there is an amazing book store at the rocks, lots of walks with history written on the walls.  Or you could go to Museum Station and go to the Australian Museum and see the Dinosaur exhibition.  The Museum has been updated a lot lately and is really good, my kids enjoyed it and is easily doable in an afternoon.  Hyde Park is right across the road, lovely gardens, fountain, people skating, playing chess - has good atmosphere, the big church is also there.  If you are driving I reckon the best place to park is at Darling Harbour, not cheap but easy to get in an out of the city.

#66 Keropi

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

Resume done, sealed and attached via email!! OMG  oomg2.gif

Wonder what will happen unsure.gif

Where is everyone?

#67 MichelleM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

I'm here, just slack!

Julie sounds like suuuuch an adventure, I wonder where life will take you!!  And yes, nothing like the thought of moving to get things done.  We were almost sad when we sold our little old house after we did it up to sell!

Gina I got your PM.  Let me know if you have any time as I have nothing planned.  I understand if you're not going to be in Perth long enough though.  Have a great trip.

Jannette what a champ eh!  It's amazing how they surprise you like that, Isabella was the same and I was shocked!

Michaela how's the decision on Adams op going?

Isabella had her party yesterday which was sooo full on and I'm sooo glad it's over!  It was so cute though and the pics are on facebook.

Speaking of FB, very sad for Relle.  I can't imagine how she is feeling at the moment.

#68 Jet07

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

I was just popping in to say I'm really feeling for Relle right now too.

Julie - I wish you were still considering Canberra   cry1.gif

Visitted my GP today for a referral for my regular thyroid tests and that other test we need to have every couple of years LOL! Had Talon with me too - thank goodness he'll be at school next time it;s due  wacko.gif .

I'm virtually over last weeks cold and now DH is suffering - and I mean suffering  rolleyes.gif . Good case of man flu here.

School run calls - gotta dash

#69 micallep

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

Hi All, I've been lurking but slack not posting too! I've finished up work now, braxton hicks are just a constant companion now so need to be more active with resting. Not complaining that I got to finish up on sick leave 5 weeks early but at the same time there is always the worry of going early lurking. Also very sick today, spent the day in bed, just some sort of cold/viral thing but has knocked me out and given me a temp.

Julie, wow you don't muck around! Good luck, I hope it works out. Also sorry about D, yes I would say it's a good idea to look at counseling before things get out of hand again. Do your research on a good one though if you do, otherwise it will be a waste of money. A girlfriend of mine is studying to be a relationship counselor now and the things she tells me about some of the people in her course is scary, these people need desperate help themselves before they should even consider helping others  nno2.gif .

I can't think very well right now so I'll be off now. xxx

#70 Keropi

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

What has happened to Relle?  Is it about her dad? sad.gif

Michelle - update your blog so I can see the photo's!

Ping - hope you feel better soon.  Thanks for the heads up.

Jannette - man flu is deadly!  Hope you don't catch it.  Cooties!

My SIL sent me through more schools to look at.  She is excited! Still can't imagine it happening, but who knows.

#71 FloralArrangement

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:35 PM

Relle's dad has passed away. She was writing a eulogy for him and got home before he died.

Well done Julie what an exciting thing if it happens upwards and onwards.

Have a stomach bug nasty pasty had to call in sick today which was not what I wanted.

Ping Braxton hicks and I were firm friends for Rosie. I had never had them with Daisy or Lily so thought I was in labour a number of times never fun. Cold season has hit here our baby has a husky cry at the moment.

Man if he doesn't stay with is i will be very surprised this was supposed to be sorted by the time he was 9 momths, just after easter yeah right. I could go on and on but if the dept. want reunification to work they actually need to act to enable that and to enable the parents, def. not happening. All these uni quals to do this job and I could tell them a few things, making Tyler and I very cross.

hugs to everyone

Gina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.