"Oldies" support Thread #5
"Oldies" support Thread #5

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 Jahbee

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:26 PM

EPU went ok i guess. 8 eggs - my worst ever result  However it could have been worse and i guess still could be. It was kinda awkard explaining to the surgeon this morning why i had a scan on monday that showed such leading follies and a blood test yesterday that showed a high level of progrestrone already (28). I didn't want to get my Dr in trouble seeing i agree to stop sniffing syneral and hence why ovulation could not be stopped.

They said they wouldn't know till tomorrow with fertilisation results if the egg quality was compromised and if i ovulated the leading 2, but an embrologist did come and see me in recovery and said so far so good - with only 1 immature egg.  Scarey huh when the theatre staff, embrologists, receptionist, admitting nurse all recognise you and say oh you're back again soon arn't you..

The anaesethic said to me I know your face and it's not from IVF. I said have you ever done ops at cabrini? He said yes. I said then you did my d&C for a miscarriage 3yrs ago when i was crying a lot and you were really lovely to me at the time and told me to dream of a special place with a child holding my hand when i was going off to sleep. I never forgot that - and then i told him i dreamt of a girl holding my hand that time and now i have one. Amazing he remembered me, but i was really distraught that time.

It was bliss sleeping this afternoon except for the friggen hangup phone calls that kept waking me.  Must remember to turn down the answering machine!

Estel lovely to 'see' you, no such thing as a barge here.  You know you are welcome to join here anytime.  Are you getting ready to cycle again soon?

Next update fertilisation results tomorrow then how the embies hopefully are dividing on friday and transfer sat, so Girolama my next milestone to achieve is embryo transfer Aug 28th.
seeya
JB

TTC No 1 27 months<BR>5 m/c's,<BR>3 PGD Stim IVF's  
Analeise Christine born 23/11/02

TTC No 2 since April 03
IVF PGD Stims 4 & 5 negative
IVF STIM #6, Aug 04
The lone Ranger Lives on to be transferred another day wink.gif

#52 Snagglepussed

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:59 PM

8 is good! OK!

Glad it went OK!

Take it easy and treat yourself to something delicious and wanton and naughty! wink.gif

Kim

Rebecca Jade - 18/07/01

Little Titch - due 17/11/2004
http://www.snugglepi...db.php?tid=2436

#53 seahorse

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:15 AM

8 sounds OK to me as well! Good luck with the next results. Your story about the anaesthetist was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.

Well, we have been BD'ng every night for the last 4 nights and I must say I am absolutely knackered! I guess I am now in the 2ww which seems such a strange place to be again. Too tired to stress so that is a good thing....LOL!

Better start getting ready for work.

Cheers,

Jill

Me: 40
DH: 40
Ethan Karl born 19th Jan 2004

#54 minni

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:36 AM

Hi Guys!

JB - Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. Your story of the anaethesist bought tears to my eyes. 8 is good. 8 is better than 0. Take care and relax. Have a nice warm bubble bath and some choccie bikkies.

Kim - Thanks for such a fantastic list and you have such a fantastic sense of humour. Hope Titch is behaving itself now.

Jill - 2WW for you. Fingers crossed.

Mamadom - Good luck for your 2WW as well. I had no imaginary symptoms this time around either. It wasn't until my CM changed that I realised that something was different this time around. Good luck to you.

Me - Well I have a picture of a jellybean on the fridge. My baby has a heartbeat. The OB has identified where the bleeding/spotting is coming from and has told me that I'm not out of the woods just yet though. I have to go back in two weeks for another u/s. I don't have severe m/s at all. I get the occasional bout of nausea though. I've noticed that it kicks in after dinner at night and then I wake up with it. It disappears around mid morning. I keep telling myself that while I'm feeling nauseous,the baby is growing and okay. It reassures me. I have to make up my mind in the next two weeks whether I am going to have any diagnostic tests. DH has made the suggestion that we might be better off not having them and leaving it in the hands of God. He reckons that it might be less stress for me that way.

Well take care everyone.

Sue<P><BR>
http://www.snugglepie.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=10424

#55 Jahbee

Posted 26 August 2004 - 02:29 PM

Just a quick update. 8 egg collected and 7 have fertilised as 1 was immature. Very happy with 7 little embies sitting in a petri dish waiting to be transferred to their mummy original.gif (well not all at once). Tomorrow will see how they are dividing and progressing, fingers crossed for a 3day transfer on Saturday seeing they can't do a 4 day like i originally asked cause they are closed Sunday.

MINNI congrats on seeing your babies heartbeat, that's a big milestone.
JB

TTC No 2 since April 03
IVF STIM #6, Aug 04

#56 AMPSyd

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:01 PM

I'm feeling so much better today. Went to the doctors and blood pressure is down from Tuesdays level (which was 135/101). Today it was 135/87 - although still a little high for me, my age, and body weight. Blood tests all good - even cholesterol was normal. What may be going on is that I;ve got a leak in my kidneys and they are working harder - causing my BP to be higher. I'll know more my next week - I'm still weeing into a cup. DS thinks it is very very funny and today got a bucket, pulled his undies and pants down, tried to sit on the loo with the bucket under him - just like Mum does. There is simply no privacy in this house.

JB - what a beautiful story about your anethist (sp). Bought tears to my eyes.

Kim - hows little Titch going?

All the best everyone.

Me 35
DH - 37
DS - 3 and a half
TTC no2 - since Feb 2004
old: jonaiden

#57 Snagglepussed

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:15 PM

Minni - that's great about the heartbeat! Listen I had absolutely NO m/s at all and was continuously worried about that!
Take it easy and good luck with your decision on diagnostic testing. It ain't an easy decision! Maybe your DH has a good point there! You reall yhave to decide though on what would you do should there be any problems! If you are both adamant that you would keep your child no matter what then there really is no point in putting your pregnancy at risk with diagnostic tests!
I had a CVS and it ain't fun! sad.gif If I were to do it over again I'd have an amnio! Less discomfort IMHO!

JB - UNREAL! 7 Petri Tenants! Cool stuff! And only 1 wayward immature tyke! Very impressive!
Just think, Lone Ranger may have an identity crisis soon! Have to rechristen him if he has siblings joining him in the Freeze Club!!!!!!!

Come on guys! Divide and Multiply, Divide and Multiply!

Kim

Rebecca Jade - 18/07/01

#58 Snagglepussed

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:18 PM

Titch is behaving as far as I can tell!
I still have a heavy feeling way down low but no BHs (drugs take care of that) - Vasosuprina!

I am so incredibly horny though! blush.gif
Only that DH is terrified of upsetting the status quo!
So I am one frustrated woman at the mo'!

Kim

Rebecca Jade - 18/07/01

#59 mamadom

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:31 PM

Good evening fellow oldies,

Good news all round. Maybe this is finally turning into the
super positive thread that we hoped for.

JB - WOW, wow, wow, 8 eggs is fantastic I think, especially
seeing you were convinced of only four or five at the most!  original.gif
7 fertilized is also good, no? Mmmm maybe you need to be
more positive without being actually hopefull IYKWIM. That's
what I have been struggling with and also trying to remember
that bad thoughts and comments go out into the universe. I
am always catching myself whinging out things like "It'll
probably take me a year to get pg" or "I'll never get pg".

Minni - Well that's good news about the heartbeat. Sounds
like things are looking much more positive. Now you've got
me curious, what CM change did you have (damn, now I am
filled with hope, naughty!)? About pre-natal testing I guess
the important thing to ask is what you would do if you found
out there was something wrong. Even if you would keep your
baby no matter what, it might be a good thing to be prepared,
but it's a very personal decision. Maybe your DH is right, you
will be less stressed having no tests, but maybe not knowing
will make you more stressed? My awakening (from the
perspective of worst case scenario) if it helps, has been to
discover that there are plenty of things that can go wrong that
there are no tests for and I am constantly annoyed at
pregnancy literature that focuses only on testing as if that is
some kind of guarantee. You know, pass the tests = perfect
happy ending, which doesn't really reflect reality. Also there
is so much that the doctors don't know, miss (in my case), or
just don't understand. I don't believe age is a problem, just
life - it's always a gamble. It's an interesting time being
pregnant, it's like the first steps of parenting, making
decisions that have huge consequences for someone else's
life. (Sorry if I am raving, touchy subject...)

Girolama - yay, Titch is sitting tight. How do you like the new
pad now, horny wench?

Jill - 2ww is boring hey?

Jo - LOL at your DS and the bucket. Maybe you won't mind if
you fall (pg not in the loo) now that the blood pressure is
under control?

hi to everyone I missed

Mamadom 37
DH 38
DD#1 - ^^ Antonia 10/01/2004 @ 39 weeks

#60 Jahbee

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:05 PM

A quick embie update.  We still have 7 embies which as surprised me.
1 x 6 cell
1 x 5 cell
1 x 4 cell
4 x 2 cells.
They need to be 2 cells + today (between 2 and 6 so they are all in range).

Some of those 2 cells might stop growing, today often sorts out if the have the oomph to keep growing to tomorrow.
So at this stage i am excited to be making a transfer tomorrow!
Talk later
JB

TTC No 2 since April 03
IVF STIM #6, Aug 04

#61 Snagglepussed

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:04 PM

Move on over Lone Ranger! You may not be so Lone afterall!

Woooo hooooo!

Roll on tomorrow I say! wink.gif

Kim

Rebecca Jade - 18/07/01

#62 mamadom

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:52 PM

Just popping in to see if there's any news from JB.........
No news is good news???

Mamadom 37

#63 Jahbee

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:15 PM

Hi Girls,
Thanks for checking in on me wink.gif
and then there were 6....
1 x 10 cell
1 x 7 cell
1 x 6 cell
1 x 5 cell
1 x 4 cell
1 x 2 cell

They transferred the 10 and 7 cell embies today and were going to freeze 2 maybe 3 of them this arvo, won't know till monday (they like them to be 6 cells to freeze).

Little concerned about the 10 cell embie, as from my experience with PGD the ones that often pounce ahead so fast are the ones with chromosone abnormalities but as my embies were not tested it's all guess work and the embrologist choose the embies to transfer.
Gotta have something to worry about eh!

Well now i am definitely in the 2WW.
Have a good w/e.
Seeya

TTC No 2 since April 03
IVF STIM #6, Aug 04

#64 mamadom

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:40 PM

JB you are a shocker always imagining the worst, lol! Sounds
pretty good to me (not saying I would know tho).....
So what happens now? 2ww, LR gets some mates, then if AF
is a no show grins all round? If not, you then defrost the LR
posse, take heaps of horrendous drugs and transfer them???
Is that right?

Moi, I am getting nervous. I have no symptoms but AF is due
tomorrow on the full moon and usually I am spotting by now.
Trying not to be hopefull and to ignore the whole thing.....

Enjoy what's left of the weekend girls,

Mamadom
^^ Antonia born sleeping 10/01/2004 @ 38.5 weeks

#65 Mergie

Posted 30 August 2004 - 12:42 PM

Afternoon Ladies

JB - Fantastic news, well done!!, sending truck loads of sticky dust your way, and wishing the next 2 weeks fly by!

Minni - Great news about the heartbeat, cherish that picture for the next 226 days!!!  I will share with you the advise I was given when considering having an amnio test with DS.  I was told not to have it if the results wouldn't alter my decision on keeping the baby if there were any abnormalities.  I would have died not knowing so went ahead with the test.  If I'm lucky enough to fall pg again, I will have an amnio with that pregnancy. You're right though, it's a bloody hard decision to make.  Good Luck.

Kim - nice to hear Titch is behaving.

Sydprod2001 - glad to hear your BP is down.  I know what you mean about no privacy, I can't remember the last time I had a pee to myself.

Mamadom - I'm with you on the positive thread hopes!! I hope the witch hasn't found you yet.

Me - I had the PCT this morning and the Dr found absolutely no CM or sperm which is a big problem.  He has put this down to my age and the Clomid.  An internal US found 3 large follicles 16 - 19 mm in my right ovary and nothing in my left.  I am now armed with LH surge kits which I will do daily and ring the clinic once I get a positive result.  We will then go in and have our first IUI!!  I can't believe it, I'm so excited, sometime this week I'll be inseminated and into the 2ww again, although this time there will be a better chance of pregnancy.  

This news has really lifted my spirits, at least we now know what the problem is and are taking steps to rectify it.

HI to everyone I've missed and lets hope this is our best thread ever over the next 2 weeks.

Let's all chant...POSITIVE, POSITIVE, POSITIVE.

Take care all

ME 42
DH 41
DS born 23/11/02 (Clomid Baby)
TTC#2 Sept 03
M/C 24/11/03 8 weeks
5 Clomid cycles all failed.
Commencing 6th and FINAL Clomid Cycle
Considering IUI/IVF

#66 estel

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:23 PM

Jen,

Just thought I'd check back to see how you are going: that seems like not a bad bunch there at all (even if egg numbers were down a bit)!  I think your 10 cell embryo has got a reasonable chance.  Its only 2 cells ahead and I always understood that was roughly the same as 2 cells behind: not quite perfect but not too bad either.  I hope you got those 3 to freeze as well.  Good luck with this cycle - hoping for good things for you.

I'm currently doing some long term suppressing in the hopes it might do something on the endo (aka why don't the stick) side of the equation.  I will start stims in early November.

I will look in on you and see how you are going. But I've always have felt a bit of a fraud posting here.  I promise - I will join in when pg! Hows that for sunny optimism? original.gif  In the meantime might join an IVFC pgd cyclers thread...

estel

#67 Jahbee

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:52 PM

Hi Girls,
Mamadom, you're right actually.  I ALWAYS worry about things BEFORE they happen, get myself into a state and then it never turns out that bad.  Lucky my DH is the opposite, easy going, not much worries him so he balances things out!  I guess after yrs of infertility, miscarriages and IVF's you train your mind that way to always think and expect the worst so you dont get your hopes up and the disappointment is what you expected anyway - if that makes sense.  Some people are positive, positive, positive, i find that hard, but your'e right i should try harder.

Estel thanks for popping by original.gif  You shouldnt feel like a fraud, but you must post where you are comfortable and i understand if here is not the place for you but you know the seat is always kept warm for you here as you are a love.  You know i will be cheering for you loud and clear in November wink.gif

Ok girls i think its time to lock this thread and start afresh and let some positive vibes in.  Going to copy and past Girolama's last update so if you need it updated just let her know and she will next time.
original.gif

TTC No 2 since April 03
IVF STIM #6, Aug 04

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.