71 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

New thread time ladies.

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=651033

#2 Nics

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

GOLD!!!

Just wanted to catch Michaela before she goes (yes I know you have another couple of days).. but what is the go for Monday the 6th?  I know you have me down for that date....  but Im unsure where you will be and what time??

So let me know when you can so we can organise to meet - Ellie is ready and waiting for a big cuddle  tthumbs.gif  

gina -  WTF?  He may not be staying with you permanently?  What a joke... I mean hardly surprising from a govt dept but I thought it was all done and dusted!  

Michelle - photos are great.. Isabella looks beautiful (as does her sister  biggrin.gif ) The one of Scarlett looking at Isabella was beautiful....  its the way Ellie looks at Jarrod - she looks at Aiden with a look of horror - what will you do to me next  nno.gif  He jut cant leave her alone!  I mean hes not nasty or mean - he just loves her so much and has to spend all day playing with her.  Both Ellie and I love Tues and Wed preschool days!  

So I have Jarrod at home today - I decided to let him have a sickie from school.  We all had a rough night - Ellie crying intermittently - Aiden up and down and coughing (and they share a room).  Aiden is fine so hes gone to preschool with his 28 cupcakes to celebrate his bday tomorrow (I cant believe my baby boy is turning 4  oomg2.gif ) and his Easter concert and hat parade is this afternoon and Jarrod really wants to go and watch his brother  Tounge1.gif  so here I am!  Ellie of course is catching up on sleep from last night  ddoh.gif and I have almost finished the housework so about to embark on a very challenging lego piece with J....

so will chat soon and a big hello to all

Jules - cant believe you are thinking of moving to Germany!  Should we try to lock in a catch up day maybe at that beautiful chocolate cafe at Parra in the hols???  You need to see my beautiful girl before she turns 1  tongue.gif

Ping - glad to hear you are hanging in there.  do take it easy - you dont need a premmie baby for #3  nno2.gif

Jet - hows things down South?  DH was talking about a trip to Canberra with work so we might tag along....  

OK best go before Ellie Bellie wakes up and destroys the Lego  wacko.gif  BTW shes now 8 months old and no sign of crawling and no sign of teeth  dry.gif  Whats the go there?

Edited by Nics, 01 April 2009 - 10:04 AM.

#3 FloralArrangement

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

Silver

Nic reunification has always been on the cards that's not what I am p*ssed off about. It is that they are taking their sweet time about it to see if it will work. Tyler and I are okay with either decision and accepting of it, that's what being a foster parent is. What we don't like is friggin' around with R's head while they don't do anything we are also concerned for his safety as the mother is still in the picture which 1 is a big no no on the part of the father and 2 why he will never have custody of him.

I still feel so crook in my throat now.

Julie what will Damien do OS if you go?

Gina

#4 Keropi

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Narelle - Sorry to hear about your dad.  Big hugs to you hon.  Please know that you are in our hearts at this time.

Gina - what will Damien do?  Don't know just yet.  Maybe be a house husband so I can go to the pub a few times a week!
Just kidding.  Hoping that he can work remotely over a few days a week and then do the dad thing.  He has started looking aswell, he needs to get his CV up to date to start passing on.  Emailing schools is working for me to let them know I'm interested so hopefully he will do the same.  
On the little one, I'm a little concerned that if reunification when and if it happens that it will all be rosie for a while because it is all new again and R is cute, but then he gets bigger and it just isn't fun playing mum and dads anymore.  Scary stuff.  I hope I'm not freaking you, just conversing.

Happy birthday to Aiden for tomorrow.  I can't believe he is 4 too!  I remember when he was born!  

Asked a principal for a reference today and he scoffed on about potential paper work blah blah blah only if it isn't going to take too much time oomg.gif I though it was a honor to be asked for a reference.  Apparently not.

#5 FloralArrangement

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

On the little one, I'm a little concerned that if reunification when and if it happens that it will all be rosie for a while because it is all new again and R is cute, but then he gets bigger and it just isn't fun playing mum and dads anymore. Scary stuff. I hope I'm not freaking you, just conversing

Don't be concerned we are in all the paperwork as willing to take him back if this does arise. We will not have another child placed with us for quite some time after if it does happen. This is one of the reasons I emailed R's social worker saying that Dad needs to start supplying some of the stuff with extended visits ie solids, nappies etc to get him used to all of that. Have hard nothing back  ddoh.gif seems so unrealistic to me with it all bound to end in faliure which is wrong.

Still have a crap throat feeling VERY sorry for myself.

Damien a house husband interesting

#6 Keropi

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

Damien a house husband interesting

I know what am I thinking!

Hope your throat feels better soon, drink honey lemon tea.

Edited by Keropi, 01 April 2009 - 06:17 PM.

#7 ~JASB~

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hey Nic original.gif

So let me know when you can so we can organise to meet - Ellie is ready and waiting for a big cuddle  tthumbs.gif

Yay!!!  Um, not sure on time yet.  Can you suggest somewhere that will be good for us to meet - considering I'm driving through on the way to Canberra - somewhere not too far for you to travel that will be kind of on my way through?  Leaving Central Coast that morning probably 9ish??  So do lunch somewhere.  Can leave earlier if I need to original.gif

I had a stress attack tonight with the Coffs floods ohmy.gif  We're now going down via New England Hwy.  Even if Pacific is reopened, I think I'd rather go the alternate route just to be on the safe side.

We're heading down tomorrow night now - original plan was Friday day time, but we're now driving overnight Thurs original.gif  Gives us an extra day on CC with my friend, and also the cabins I've booked for Fri Sat Sun nights, the office closes at 6pm - so I need to be there by 6pm Friday - I wouldn't want to be rushing down to make sure we arrive by 6 iykwim, especially considering we lose an hour driving down due to DLS.

MIL is going to have Shawn for me during the day tomorrow (older boys will still be at school), so hopefully I can catch some zzzz's during the day tomorrow.

I have to keep moving ... so much to do still.  Nic and Jannette, I will see you both on the 6th tthumbs.gif  Just not together LOL  Shame to be missing you Julie sad.gif  But you are up here soon aren't you????

M

#8 Nics

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

Jet - you may be able to help us out considering you do that drive (sort of) occasionally...  which route will Michaela be coming going from CC to Canberra?  If you let me know freeways/motorways etc I can try to work out a suitable meeting place  original.gif  Thanks in advance!!!

Ok off to bed now - Ellie is driving me mad with her constant waking at night...  she wakes often but not necessairly for a feed or a settle - she will cry for a few minutes then is back asleep.. this can happen every hour and sometimes does require resettling or feeding.  All I can think of is teething?  Her bottom gums have been lumpy over the past 3 or so weeks (sometimes more raised than other days) which is when all this started???  This is an all new experience as the boys teeth didnt really bother them too much and came through relatively quickly....  its doing my head in though - this constant whinging and crying out in the dead of the night  wacko.gif

#9 FloralArrangement

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

I have pharyngitis (back of throat rather than tonsilitis) had the locum out at 2am this morning as I could not swallow very scary. All well now

Still grumpy sick sook early 2 bed for me.

Michelle Michelle what can we do to meet? love me

#10 ~JASB~

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

Planning on leaving in just over and hour, and I'm actually ready to go LOL

Nic, will talk to you probably Sunday to sort out what we're doing original.gif

Gina, ugh, Pharyngitis is awful - had that many times too.  Glad you're feeling a bit better, hope you're all good very soon xx

#11 **LISA**

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

sad.gif  Relle, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I send to you my sympathies and support and will include you in our prayers. x Lisa

#12 Jet07

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

Nic - Michaela will be driving down F3 to Pennant Hills Road, to M2 motorway out to beginning of M7 motorway near Julie's (Castle Hill / Blacktown area) to M5 / Hume Highway where they meet at Crossroads, so seeing as you know the Liverpool end of town better than me I'd say somewhere around Casula / Cambelltown would be least off Michaela's route. If she's leaving CC around 9am I'd expect her to be in that area around 10:30-11am depending on traffic and which end of CC she's on (think it's the closer end from memory). From Cambelltown it's only about 2 hours further to me  ddance.gif .

It would be great to see you again too! Any idea what timeframe?

Ellie does sound like teething to me. Both my boys were late teethers taking after their father. I wouldn't be worried about crawling just yet. She's still in the "range" IYKWIM and from memory your boys were early on gross motor?

Happy birthday to Aiden!!!!!!!

Gina - hope you feel better soon and sort out R's future. I know you went into fostering knowing that this sort of thing happens but I expect it's probably harder dealing with the frustration rather than just thinking about it.

Lisa - nice to hear from you even with a sad message. Are you on FB yet?

Julie -  roll2.gif  at D being a house husband! Although I think he'd be a lot better at it than my DH  wacko.gif .

Can't wait to meet the rest of Michaela's family on Monday! Have arrange to keep Shea out of school on Tuesday as it's a teacher planning day and we're out late Monday night at Raiders / Cowboys!

Am putting off typing for the school sponsorship and grants group so better go get to it.

#13 Nics

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

thanks Jet - I knew shed get on the M5 somewhere - just wasnt sure where....  theres a few Maccas around Casula way so I guess we can meet there and the kids can play etc - Campbelltown I have no idea about whatsoever and its a bit of a hike for me too!  Casula isnt so bad - I can go the back way and be there in 25-30 mins

I took Ellie to the nurse in our local clinic yday and she said OMG when she smiled - and that was just at her top gum! She said the bottom ones (ie all 4 bottoms) are almost broken through and the top ones are right there too - therefore she is likely to get 4-8 teeth all in the matter of a week which is why she has been feeling it.... poor baby.  I did pull out the camera and made sure I had plenty of gummy smiles for the album...  

OK gotta go ice and decorate a monster truck cake for Aidens party tomorrow...

#14 Jet07

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Can't wait ot see a Monster Truck cake - Talon would be so jealous of that!

#15 Jet07

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

HOw exciting that Gina and Michelle are meeting up next week, as well as Michaela and Nic and Michaela and me  tthumbs.gif .

Enjoy your birthday party Aiden!

We're off to breakfast with the Easter Bunny and then hosting a BBQ for Scott's softball team here later today. We had an inch of rain overnight so have to now clean up the yard in between.

#16 FloralArrangement

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

Looks like Michelle and I are meeting next wednesday 10.30 ish at Hiilary's marine wharf. I am pretty excited.

Feeling 3000 times better have never had pharyngitis before it is going rampant through adelaide at the moment.

Finally got my hari cut all these little things to do before I go lol.

Work was hectic this morning and some people are just plan dumb/odd/ have no clue. Customer service never changes really.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Gina xx

#17 Nics

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

Just got back from meeting up with Michaeala and all the boys!  Was lovely seeing them - its been 2 years since we last saw each other and geez havent the kids grown!  I cant believe how big Shawn is now  oomg2.gif Anyway they are now on their way to see Jet and are pumped for the footy tonight  tthumbs.gif  And Im fairly certain Michaela enjoyed her cuddles with Ellie  tongue.gif

Gina - Hilarys is great!  I remember going there when we were in Perth - nice and relaxing.....  and you will enjoy meeting Michelle  ddance.gif  Is Michelle the first to actually meet you IRL ???  

OK off to have a nap - Ellie has to get used to daylight savings - these 5am wake ups are a killer  wacko.gif  I am pleased to say she seems to be settling down once again with her sleeping (touch wood) - even though she was up at 5am she did go to bed at 5:45pm so thats almost 12 hours...  she woke around 8:30pm so I gave her a dreamfeed and she went back to bed within 15 mins so Im happy with that!  Still no teeth have popped through though?  Maybe they have stopped moving around and are just waiting to break the surface??  

Edited to add - Jules - can we organise a date for the choc cafe in the hols????  Not sure what you guys are up to but we are heading to Bathurst the first week to visit friends so any day in the 2nd week will be good for us - actually even better if its the Tues or Wed - Aiden is at preschool so I wont have to stress about the chocolate and him original.gif
OK BBL
xx

Edited by Nics, 06 April 2009 - 01:11 PM.

#18 FloralArrangement

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

2 more sleeps 2 mores sleeps i am nervous very nervous so nervous it will ok I'm a big girl now. Michelle is the first person ffrom our group that I will have met but I am friends with another eb'er who goes to the girls school, she recognised me from Rosie's sig lol.

This is my 4th visit to Perth/WA go to Hillary's each time.

xx

#19 Jet07

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

Michaela's on the way here. I feel like a school kid I'm so excited to finally meet the rest of the family  eexcite.gif .

#20 Keropi

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Nic - glad that you had a lovely time with Michaela, I'm jealous!
Honey, we are flying out on next week to go to Hervey Bay and will be gone all holiday.  But I should have a period of unemployment at the start of the term.

Gina and Michelle have fun catching up - take lots of photos.

Jannette - have fun too!

Principal at the school I am at walked in on one of me sessions and said that he was amazed at how settle the children were. ddance.gif Hopefully he writes me a good reference now.

#21 Jet07

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Tonight was fun although I'm sorry for Josh that Raiders chose tonight for their first win of the season  ssorry.gif . We're off to Questacon in the morning.

Julie - what did the principal expect?

#22 MichelleM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

How exciting with all of these meetups!!  I am also very excited to be able to participate for once too laughing2.gif  Gina I'm a bit nervous being a shy thing and all but I'm sure we'll be right and I have to remember the camera!

I've been so slack lately guys and again, no personals tonight sorry.  Scarlett slept through for 5 glorious nights but has gone back to constant waking leaving me stuffed and so unmotivated.  Have also been caining it at bootcamp so I think I have an energy defecit going laughing2.gif  Sooo looking forward to school holidays so hopefully we can all get some sleep.

Oh BUT I was too excited on the weekend.  My sister chose her wedding dress.  OMG it's completely divine, absolutely stunning!  I soooo can't wait for the wedding!

#23 Keropi

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

Oh no that Josh's team lost!  I'm sure he still had a blast though meeting everyone again though.
Enjoy Questacon - we love that place.

Michelle - how nice.  I remember the feeling of trying on wedding dresses.  It is such an exciting time.  Damien and I did a wedding shoot last Saturday with our fancy camera.  Just the best we could for some people he works with.  Some are nice photos, some pretty average, but at least they have some as they didn't have a photographer.  Bit of a strange wedding though, not really a party atmosphere to it which was a shame.

Jannette - I don't know what he thought I do with the children all day.  No one truly sees what you do all day and the problem with this particular school is that there are many difficult children that I need to call him in for to back me up and take control of them.  So that is probably what he sees of me most of the time.  

I still haven't heard from the school I applied at. I sent them an email last night...waiting...waiting.
Ashie has a cold today too, not bad enough to stay home but still sneezy.

#24 Nics

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

Michelle - Im very hurt....  you have participated once before - when you met Jarrod and I!!!!   Tounge1.gif It was a long time ago now and know you havent forgotten us   biggrin.gif

Poor Josh - it was the last thing M said as she left - hope cowboys win tonight  nno2.gif

OK i had a 3am wake up from E this morning - so its getting earlier not later  ddown.gif  ddown.gif  oh well its a preschool day today so ill catch up on sleep at lunchtime  ddance.gif

#25 FloralArrangement

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

Michelle I was thinking about this meeting irl stuff because i can be incredibly shy even though I seem very confident. But then I realised I have actually "Known" you for 7 years as we all started meeting through our due in group. So I am pretty okay with it all you will notice I have the shakes though, sure they will disappear quickly. Excited to be meeting Scarlett. You will like my friend, very ladi back and has her new baby and Billy is gorgeous.

Julie I am sure you will hear soon. Glad the principal saw you in action can only be positive for you with is reaction.

I have checked in on the plane online tells you that it has been a couple of years since I went on one lol.

See you tomorrow Michelle. I think I will have my beige trench on or with me and a cream coloured smock top and jeans. Ciao for now.

Nic I remember you meeting Michelle even if she doesn't lol I was jealous then.

Gina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.