February 03 Parents # 159

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#26 MichelleM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

Oh Nic I haven't forgotten you, I just mean with all the meets lately I get to play too!!  That was such a long time ago wasn't it, I was just thinking back, Isabella was only very new.  I was so shy and in such a bad place then, probably looked like a very strange woman!!

Gina it's going to be hot tomorrow so don't get too rugged up (32 degrees).  I've also told myself that it's been 7 years so we'll be right!  I have been thinking about the time, I'll get there at 10.30 and have a browse till you get there, sms me when you arrive.

Julie can you blog your pics so I can have a squiz?  I just remembered that you asked me to blog mine so you could see which I haven't got around to but HERE is my flickr link.  Nothing awesomely flash on there though laughing2.gif

Hope you have a fab day out today Jannette.

Spose I had better get moving and do some cleaning.  Scarlett hasn't let me put her down in days and also hasn't slept so I've got nothing done.  She's finally having a day sleep now though so I should be taking advantage of it.

#27 FloralArrangement

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

I might not be wearing what I said then lol.

#28 Nics

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

let me see michelle....  i was about 10 weeks pg with Aiden, Jarrod was 18 months old (and so was Josh!!!) so Bel would have been about 6 months??? No you werent strange but I do remember that was a hard time in your life... I did make you meet me at the park though and that was the first time you had been out with both of them together in 6 months.... thats enough to drive anyone to insanity!!!  How different it must be for you this time around with Scarlett  imagine if you had the luxury of staying home for 6 months with no school runs, sports training etc etc..  my idea of heaven actually  tongue.gif  speaking of which I almost died yesterday after paying swimming fees (Ive just enrolled Ellie for next term as well) the total is $380 for one term  oomg.gif far out!!!  For those with 3 kids how on earth do you afford the extra curricular activities for everyone or do I just need to put them into less costly things??  Mind you I cant take them out of swimming, we have always had a pool and think its very important that they learn to swim and swim well!  So Im just going to have to suck it up and pay that for the next few years - well until Jarrod can swim with good strokes etc - he definitely wont be doing squads so Ive probably got another year or 2 before he is OK (but Im sure he will find something else to take its place)....  We dont find it too bad atm because its pretty much only Jarrod who plays sport but now Aiden is 4 he can play tball this summer and will more than likely want to follow in his brothers footsteps and take up golf too  wacko.gif  And then Ellie - well Im praying having 2 older brothers means we might bypass the whole dancing (aka EXPENSIVE) thing  dry.gif  Im sure she will want to play tball and perhaps netball??  I danced for 17 years and I actully wouldnt want my girl to be put through that although iut may be a bit different now... but its a lot of pressure and very time consuming and you end up not being a very good sportsperson because dancing is all you know.. thats without all the body image and weight issues that arise and the b**chiness  wacko.gif  nope heres hoping shes a regular little tomboy

OK about to start the afternoon craziness so best be off.  Michelle and Gina - have a great meet tomorrow!  Jet - hope you had fun today.

Jules - are you really gone the entire holidays?  What are you thinking girl  tongue.gif We will have to lock in a date for next term then before she gets too old to cuddle  cry1.gif

#29 Keropi

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

Michelle - you want to see the wedding pics?
I love the fairy party shots!

Nic - I know, I know - I feel like a bad friend not seeing you sooner.  There really is no excuse.  I have friends that moved to Newcastle in December and I still haven't visited them yet!

Just sent my resume off to another school.  2 more days of school work left  ddance.gif

#30 Jet07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

Hi Julie  waves.gif

Had a ball today but everyone's looking really tired. Just put Shea through speech therapy while the others went to see parliament house. Waiting for them to get here soon to go to local club for dinner.  It felt really weird this last 24 hours every time I looked at Josh and Adam I had to keep remindign myself I hadn't met them before as it seems like I've known them all their lives LOL! They must think I'm weird knowing so much about them as they know nothing about me.

Worried what we've done with introducing Adam to Shea's "button" though as now he doesn't want one. Hope it's not a problem  wwhistle.gif .

Better go get bed things ready as it'll be late when we're home again ...

#31 Keropi

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

waves.gif back to you Jannette!

Oh no, you know it probably would be daunting for Adam.  Now that I work in disabilities and have seen you in action with Shea's button, it isn't such a biggie.  But if this is the first time that he has seen one then it probably would be a strange concept.

Anyway I came on to say OMG!!!!!!
I am in the process of scheduling a job interview with a school in Berlin.  I'm freaking  ffear.gif

#32 ~JASB~

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

waves.gif  from Jannette's dining room table!  Tounge1.gif  roll2.gif

Having a great time here.  I said to scott yesterday that I think I could live in Canberra!  Would take a lot to get this girl out of Queensland as you know, but if I was to leave Queensland I think I could live here.  Love the place original.gif

Had a great time at the club tonight.  Our table was right next to the kids play area so the five boys just came to the table to eat, then went back and played and left us in peace original.gif  I had a load of washing going at Jannette's while we were at dinner, am now back here waiting while it's in the dryer!  Thanks again J!!  Tounge1.gif

Josh was very upset at the Cowboys loss last night sad.gif  He cried at the end of the game  cry1.gif  but since then he was ok original.gif  

We're off to Sydney tomorrow, have meet up with some Aug 05 mums lunchtime tomorrow - poor Scott, he's being very tolerant of all these female gatherings roll2.gif

Nic, lovely to see you and yes I certainly DID enjoy my Ellie cuddles.  She is an absolute sweetheart!!

Julie, OMG  oomg2.gif   I just called out to Jannette (she's in the kitchen LOL) with your news about scheduling an interview, now she is freaking out with you too!!

Better go!

Michaela
xx

#33 Keropi

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

Michaela - I agree with you, Canberra is lovely wub.gif So much for the kids to do, beautiful parks, gorgeous roads to drive on - traffic...what's that?

Can I say I am crapping myself?!  ffear.gif Am I doing the right thing????!!! OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!  Breathe, breathe.

Anyone know someone who wants two beautiful maltese terriers? cry1.gif  If I don't have the money to take them there and back they won't be able to come  ddown.gif And I definately didn't get them to dump them.

#34 MichelleM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

Far out Julie, how exciting!!  So lets just say you get the job and and it's all go, when would you be moving?  Is it near your brother, could they help with house hunting and general knowledge about the area?

Yeah the wedding pics!!  I am a sucker for weddings at the moment!

Michaela you spun me out saying that you yelled out to Jannette - like you're in the same place!!  Sounds like your holiday has been great so far.

Nic you have an excellent memory!  You're right, the first outing and I was crapping my dacks laughing2.gif  It's so different with Scarlett, so much easier, so much less stress which really should be the opposite considering she's a 'difficult' baby laughing2.gif  Although she's made me soooo clucky, I have no idea why on earth I am yearning for another child but it's something I haven't been able to shake for a month or so.

As for the cost of activities - I'm hearing ya!  Joshua is costing us $240 every 3 months for karate, Isabella $140 per term for dancing (tap & jaz although she wants to swap tap for ballet next term - neither of which I'd like her to do!).  Then there's t-ball/Auskick & swimming!  I love Bel's dance school as it's really relaxed, well as serious as you want it to be so there are certainly some stage parents but then there's ones like me who just tollerate it because their daughters live & breathe dancing!

Gina I'll see you tomorrow and I won't be looking out for that outfit laughing2.gif

#35 Jet07

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:21 AM

Julie do what we did when we were considering jobs here and in USA. Think even if you are offered the job, then you can seriously think about it and don't have to take it if it's not perfect. You have nothing to lose!

Michelle I felt wierd just reading that Michaela had called me back from the kitchen - and I was here  Tounge1.gif !

I miss them already  rolleyes.gif . And it's only been 9 hours  yyawn.gif since they left here. Julie how strange but where they were staying on CC was right where my Mum lives!

Had all my regular pathology yesterday morning - 6 vials of blood and a urine sample later  unsure.gif . Just thyroid, cholesterol etc, but apparently my Vit D was very low at the last check and if still low I might need supplements. That was at end of winter, and this is end of summer though so will be interesting to see difference.

Today have to empty the office where everything has been dumped for our functions lately, in preparation for FIL to arrive on Friday for Easter. Also finish typing a grant application for school due in on Tuesday next week.

Better go iron Scott's shirt...

#36 Keropi

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:21 AM

Have scored another school wanting to chat to me!

Have a nice day everyone, happy anniversary to me!  Going out for dinner later.

#37 Jet07

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

Happy Anniversary Julie!

#38 micallep

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

Happy Anniversary Julie......... oomg2.gif  about the interviews. It's really happening!!! Think about the dogs later, if you go I'm sure they'll find lovely homes. Little dogs are easier to rehome than big dog aren't they?

Gosh ever since I stopped work I've been sick, flu last week and then turned into a chuck/tummy bug thing which is still hanging around  wacko.gif.

Nic, I'd love to catch up with you during the holidays. Tomorrow is Jordan's last day with school resuming last Tuesday in April. Let me know when's good for you.

Michelle, how lovely that you're clucky again........you must really be enjoying yourself and motherhood. I can only HOPE I don't get clucky again for a long long while, otherwise M will have a heart attack or something.......he keeps telling me to enjoy my last pregnancy and I just throw back at him that means we'll be abstaining for the rest of my fertile years  wink.gif  LOL!

Janette, how cool to have Michaela and her family at your home.

We only do swimming for both kids ATM and violin for J. Gosh I can't muster up the enthusiasm to take J to Saturday soccer especially when it's through winter on my own. Perhaps next year??? I know should encourage J more though with a sport, he's terribly unsporty.

xxx

#39 Keropi

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

Hi Girls.

Had a lovely anniversary dinner, kids were good with our friend.  But like Ping colds are going around here too, hope they are gone by the time we go to Qld.  
Last day of school, last day of school!!

See you tonight.  Damien has sought permission to go to the pub before the actual event...who knows, maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks!

#40 MichelleM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

Really quickly cause I have to get dinner ready etc but here is proof that Gina and I are really real people laughing2.gif from L-R: Gina's friend (who's name I can't remember!), Gina and then me with a goofy look on my face laughing2.gif  Gina is much taller IRL than I thought and her voice is different to what I expected (I'm crazy huh!) but she is really lovely!

Oh and I hope you have a lovely night tonight Julie!

#41 Keropi

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Michelle - thanks for putting the picture up!  I'm glad you had a lovely time together.  Where you met looks great.

Counting down the hours until I finish my oncall job which I got today and handing back Tuesday morning before we go away.

#42 Nics

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

Just quickly PING - we are away next week but home the 2nd week of the hols and would love to meet up with you and the kids!  Let me know your plans.....

#43 micallep

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

Oh what a lovely pic Michelle and Gina.

Nic, I'll PM you.

#44 Keropi

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:16 AM

Head colds suck!  What's the quickest way to get rid of them?  Shock, horror Damien forgoed (I know not a word) the pub to come home because he is sick, still in bed now.  I think I'll leave him there to rest.

Michelle - So tell us more of your visit.  In answer to your questions, yes my brother and his wife will help us out.  House hunt for us.  Not sure there is much more they can do apart from translating anything I need translating.

BBL, kids need their breakkie.

#45 Jet07

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

What a great photo Michelle! I think I might have been there? Is it in Fremantle?

Julie - all the best with the interviews. Hope on call is quiet for you, and Damien's cold doesn't turn into manflu.

Boys and I just enjoyed pancakes - some with raspberry and cream, some with banana and maple syrup - yyyyuuuummmmm!! Even Shea ate some!

DH just took my car to the car wash (we can't wash here in restrictions) but it's raining! FIL due here around lunch time for the weekend, then my parents are coming next weekend. Aiming to oil the outdoor table this weekend but can't really in the rain in case it gets splashed (and it would take longer to dry between coats).

Also need to get some typing down for school. Grant submission due in on Wednesday.

Have a great Easter everyone!

#46 ~JASB~

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

waves.gif  I'm at my own dining room table this time  Tounge1.gif   We got home an hour ago original.gif  Had a brilliant time but it is nice to be home as well original.gif  My big girl cat is ignoring me LOL, but my baby girl cat can't get enough of me.  At least one of them missed me  Tounge1.gif

Michelle and Gina, that's an awesome photo!  I was really excited for you both when Jannette told me you were going to meet up - the two girls who never get to meet anybody, actually meeting each other!  Awesome!

We had a slight hiccup Thurs morn.  Scott went downstairs of the Sydney hotel to start loading some bags into the car - and it was DEAD.  Central locking wouldn't even open.  He had to manually open front door with a key (how ancient ROFL), tried to start the engine and got nothing!  Needed a new battery.  So had to call NRMA out, $170 later for a new battery cry1.gif  But at least we were on the road.  He offered to try just jump starting it to see how it goes but he said at 4 years old (it's the original car battery) it was nearing the end of it's life anyway.  So we thought paying for a new one was better than being stuck in the middle of nowhere half way home if it stopped again!

Julie, I actually thought of you when I was interstate with car troubles roll2.gif  When are you up here??

Jannette, I miss Canberra!  Oh and you guys of course!  Hey can you please email me the Questacon photos when you get a chance??  (Stupid me forgot my camera so had to rely on Jannette's!!)  

M
xx

#47 Keropi

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

Michaela - glad it was only a battery!  Perfect timing for this stuff always, better in the carpark then on a motorway, or freeway back home.  We leave on Tuesday for Hervey Bay.
I have hired a car but not organised accomodation yet.  I think we will do that up there.  Seems to feel like an effort at the moment.

#48 micallep

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Happy Easter everyone!

xxx

#49 Keropi

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Happy Easter to you too! original.gif

#50 Jet07

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

Happy Easter everyone!

No worries Michaela - will post them as soon as I get a chance. Have FIL here and trying to get a grant application finished for school that's due in on Wed.

Have just convinced DH to take FIL and boys to the model trains so I can type all arvo  oomg2.gif . Wow - this must be about the second or third time ever he's taken them out without me  ddance.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.