Did you cry when your baby was born?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 *maddierose*

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

yes.

#52 Alina0210

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

No.. not at all. i was stunned and relieved and excited all at the same time.

I do cry when others give birth though... lol

#53 amazingcakes

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

No I didn't  nno.gif  I feel a lot of guilt about it. I was so numb. I watch others birth videos and hear stories and it will make me cry for them but own experience was just awful. I really think I was in shock after the birth. I really wish it had been different.  ssorry.gif

#54 beck73

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

I was too overwhelmed and in shock after DS1's birth to cry, but I bawled at both my others - DS2 partly because we thought we had lost him (had an emergency c/s) and DS3 just because I was so besotted with him before he'd even been born that having him safely with me got me sobbing!  I've already cried at both scans I've had with this little one, so fully expect waterworks at his/her arrival too wink.gif

Beck

#55 purplebilby

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

i was in shock, so didn't cry, but probably needed to.

i was too busy straining to see my child, who was being re-sussed behind me, in the operating theatre.  SHe came out with an apgar score of 2, so got taken away immediately to be re-sussed - instead of being put on my chest immed to get skin to skin bonding, like i had planned.

no-one would tell me what was going on, and it was so hard to see her, lots of medical people standing around her.  i coudln't cry, i was more holding my breath, straining to hear HER cry.  such a relief when she DID cry.

i think the two epidurals dulled my emotions though, i'm sure i would have cried without all those drugs.

our delivery was an emergency one and highly unusual, so don't let anything i put down, put YOU off, ours was a very rare situation.

#56 nic-jaylasmum

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

No, I was so overwhelmingly happy, that all I could do was smile.
I also sometimes feel guilty I didn't cry cause DH did, but I think I was just so in love with her  wub.gif

#57 emskies

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Yes DH and I sobbed as soon as DS let out his first scream.
It had been a pretty full-on labour ending in an emergency c/s and I was just so happy and relieved to hear and see him.  wub.gif

#58 kaz_april

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

i didnt i was just tooo tired, DH did wub.gif

#59 anon60

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Not with any of our 4 babies. I didn't cry on my Wedding Day either....does that make me odd?

Edited by anon60, 07 April 2009 - 01:28 PM.

#60 Beckylicious

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

I'm such a sook, and so hormonal - I'm crying reading the little stories in this thread...rolleyes.gif

I cried straight away, more than my baby girl did.

#61 Cluckster

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

I howled. From the minute I put on my hospital gown to the day I left 7 days later. blush.gif

#62 simplelife

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Number 1 - no.  I was too overwhelemed and was more cheerful and glad labour was over to be honest.

Number 2 - yes. We had a boy (after no 1 was a girl).  I was totally and utterly overwhelemed.

#63 wrappedup

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

I cried at my third dd's birth. It was a homebirth and within about 30 seconds my other two daughters were there meeting their sister.  It was all too much for me and I absolutely howled. We have it on video (not the birth, but straight after) and it is so sweet - my girls are both rubbing my back and kissing me, as is my gf who was here (dh was filming) and my midwife.  Each time I've watched it or when I've showed a close gf, we've all cried.  I think that was probably the most overwhelming moment of my life.  All four births have made me teary and incredibly happy, but that was something else.

#64 *Natski82*

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

I think I'm too hungry, I just want my lunch!! I would probably cry if I was told I wasn't get my meal
roll2.gif God I know that feeling.

I was a bit teary with DD1 but not with DD2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.