Prolapse and Related Issues BG #5

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 jazie

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:20 AM

Hi all,
I haven't been on here for ages either...a bit like other people, I like not to think about it all too much most of the time, although of course it's never too far from my mind, as I can usually feel my pessary pushing down onto my perineum as the day goes by....

congrats, meeskamouska, on your surgery! I hope it all keeps going well and you will feel like a new woman! A great thought. I completely understand your feelings about sex....I'm really struggling with it, as I feel completely unsexy - poor husband....

raven74 - wow - what did you do to make it so much better?? Just pelvic floor exercises and good luck, or something else??

threeplusone - sorry to hear you have joined our little club.....good to be among kindred spirits though...yes - you should go and see your GP, who will give you a referral to a gynaecologist or urogynaecologist. I got a referral to the public system, but was going to have to wait 3 months for an appointment, so I ended up going to see someone as a private patient so I could at least get a pessary, which improved things a lot for me.

moose2 - don't be embarrassed! Certainly not here....I have a mild rectocoele as well as a moderate cystocoele and mild cervical prolapse. It kind of just feels like it's all falling apart...not a pleasant thought. I'm amazed just how much something like this can affect your state of mind - not just in terms of intimacy, but also just your general day to day motivation and energy levels.....as for threeplusone - start with your GP and get a referral to a gyno or urogyno. I'm going through the public system now at the Royal Women's in Melbourne, and they have a Gyno Clinic that they send you to.

I've been reasonably good, but I think as bub is getting more heavy (she's 1 year and 9kg now) - I suspect carrying her around isn't doing much for my lower bits. I think perhaps my cervix, which always was just quite a mild Grade 1 if anything at all, is starting to hang a bit lower, and it's feeling more crowded again down there. In addition, I had a really bad cough a few weeks ago, resulting in my peeing my pants everytime I coughed (which was really nasty...) and destroying much of the good work I'd done on my pelvic floor. Will be interesting to see what my physio has to say when I see her in a week or so. Planning to have another bub, but I think surgery will definitely be on my list at some point after that!

Edited by jazie, 02 March 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#77 meeskamouska

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

Moose2 - your local Dr can give you a referral thru th public system. It takes a bit of time to get hru so if this is the avenue you r thinking you should get started.
Jazie - I remember all too well the toddler carrying thing. I think this did alot of further damage for me. There is alot of things I did that I regret. I moved god knows how many huge bolders in our garden. Strained against terrible constipated. In hindsight I wish I had my time over.
Your right, it does affect u mentally, not just with sex as u say but everyday stuff.  I used to ride horses alot but wouldn't dream of it anymore. Not sure how I'll go with that post surgery.

Post op - I'm 13days??? post op. Everything is healing up nicely. I get around alot better and don't really have any pain anymore but just taking it careful. Thinking about a drive this arv to see how I go.

Take care Ladies.

#78 Ms Optimism

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

Is this group still running?

#79 joddic

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

I was hoping to join in here but it doesn't look like anyone is still around????

I don't know all the fancy names of them but I've just found out I have a prolapse of the rear wall, front wall and uterus.  The gyno said he could stitch the bladder etc back in to place but I would still need a hysterectomy a few years down the track.  So I have to decide wether I would like to do that or not.  I don't see much point in having surgery now and then again later.  He did say I could get the pessary but then you have to get it changed every 4 months and he said it doesn't work for everyone.

Well I think that's all I'll say until I know if I'm just talking to myself   biggrin.gif

#80 meeskamouska

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

Joddic - Your not talking to yourself. We're around but its just not an overly active thread is all. People stop by every now & then. No good on your prolapse news. I've recently just had a hysto & repairs done. I'm feeling pretty darn good down there these days. So glad I made the leap for surgery.... as scary as it was.

#81 Dresden

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

SLinking in...

Self diagnosis and gut ( or fanny) instinct, tells me I have what I think is cystocele and possible rectocele. Possibly even mild uterine prolapse. Does anyone have recommendations for a Dr in the Adelaide area, preferably the Northern Adelaide area. Bad me, have avoided my post 6 week checkup because I was too embarrassed to have my local GP looking up there. :/ I'm not too uncomfortable. I can see what appears to be a bulge inside my vagina, which I am assuming is the cystocele.

My last baby was born 13 weeks ago, and I only started noticing it after dtd last week.  Labour was about 2hr 45 minutes, with a 5minute 2nd stage and 5 minute 3rd stage.

Edited by rightwing14, 06 November 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#82 ~A2~

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hi girls

How are you all going?

Just bumping this up to check on you all.

Ali

#83 Guest_MummaKay_*

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

Does anybody still post here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.