July 02 Parents # 73

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 ~brighteyes~

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

I'm guessing his family would probably talk about Mummy, and its an easier word for kids at 2 to say I guess. Sorry not much else.

I'm home sick with no voice for end of this week, and annoyed that they didn't tell us with changes in our sick leave in the new award that it would be pro-rata, so for the 3 days I'm off this week, only have 1.75 days of sick leave to cover it.  aannoyed.gif Nothing I can do about it though, as I can hardly squeak to my dad, let along control a roomful of 5 and 6 years old.   Was so annoyed that when I told my supervisors on Tuesday arvo about impending lost voice that they still wanted me to go in and mime to the children, just because they then have to deal with parents from my class. I can't help if I'm sick!

Aleisha is behaving beautifully this week, after getting quite obnoxious before her visit on the weekend with xh. Our new drop off at my aunt's for him worked well...one he can't complain about a long drive and two, he can't harrass me as Aleisha didn't want to go inside without me.

He's finally paid my settlement money in total, just have to pick up a few more things from the house when he's being reasonable. Looking at altering parenting orders as the research I've done while stuck at home says I really should. He's the one happy with it as is at the moment, but if he turns nasty (whichI can see him doing), he could claim I'm not giving him his appointed time with Aleisha. But trying to figure out how to put them in for changing, with the new 50/50 rulings, is doing my head in. Surely it would not be in her best interest to have 50/50 time when he's on constant trips interstate and overseas (has been to New Zealand twice in the last 3 weeks)...and I'm not living in the same suburb as him where he can menace me more.

Savanna

#27 ~brighteyes~

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

Just went and got pampered today at the beauticians. Feeling very relaxed!

Too relaxed in fact to try and fill in the forms online to request pre-approval for a home loan. Thought it couldn't hurt to see if I can borrow enough for a house in Sydney yet.

Cheers,
Savanna

#28 Nerual

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

HI all,

Its been a while sice I posted. We've had a lot going as as most people do & I've had one or the other of my boys home sice each week for the last 4 weeks which is quite draining. But all clear this week.

DH & I are dropping the boys to DH parents for the weekend (Fri-Sun) & we're jetting off to Sydney for a Harbour cruise wedding on Sat. It should be fantastic. I hope the weather is nice & warm.Zane & Nate are so excited to be having a 2 night sleep over, maily cos MIL buys junk cereals (that kelloggs variety pack) & they have a change.

Got some news from my dad this week that his illness (that was diagnosed about 5 years ago & is a pre-leukaemia called CMML & is a blood/bone cancer) looks like its hitting the next stage in which he'll need to start some treatment for. He got this news on almost the 6 month anniversary of Mum passing. So a bit of a downer there. He had a bone marrow test yesty & gets the results tomorrow to find out the process ahead. As i said, we've known about his illness for around 5 years or so but as it was in 'pre' form, he couldn't undergo any treatment until his blood & bone marrow levels hit a certain result. The cancer he has is a rare form that isn't genetic, just a gene mutation for no known reason. Its scary enough having ovarian cancer in the family (no other known relative has had ovarian cancer).

Anyway, i don't want to dwell on it & my Dad wouldn't want me to. I'm going to enjoy DH & my weekend together.

Ness, have fun at Pink.

Lauren

#29 Gin and Tonic

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

where is everyone?  Have you all abandonned this little group?

Did anyone watch Insight on SBS this week?  It was on PND and my friend told his story of his wife and her suicide.  It was heartwrenching to watch but he was so courageous.
If you didnt see it and are interested you can watch it here.  He is in "part 2".  

Insight

Lauren- I am sorry to hear about your dad. I hope his treatment is going well.

I have finished work now and currently out networking to find a new job.  I have set up my own business and I am going to be a contract consultant I think.  I havent totally made up my mind yet, but I am going to shop around for contract work to start with and see where it all ends up.  I may end up an employee again, but I think I would prefer to do my own thing.  I will see how the next two weeks pan out.  I have had interviews this week and next for various projects.
I still dont really know what I want to be when I grow up.  I am just watching oprah and maria shriver is on and at 52 she still doesnt know what she wants to be when she grows up either, so that is encouraging!  All I know is that I am not productive at home and need to get out of the house.

Hope everyone is well.
Update us with your news...

#30 ~brighteyes~

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

I can't remember what my last bit of news was....hang on, going to read back through thread.

Ah.

I got pre-approval for a home loan up to $315,000  cool.gif (so can get house worth up to $350,000), which had me amazed, but glad. Didn't think they would lend me that much on my own...but I guess steady, government job and over $50K to play with for deposit and legals all worked in my favour.  biggrin.gif

I've looked at heaps of houses online. Gone to 3 open houses. The first 2 I didn't like at all. The last one was last weekend...was quite nice, but had 60 others looking at it, and the REA had it run like a silent auction (which I didn't appreciate the pressure tactics of that when it was only advertised as an open house...not dealing with them again if possible as it looks like they mainly do that...if I want to go to an auction I'll go to one, not be forced into it sneakily)

When I do buy something, not sure if I"ll move in, or rent it for a while, as my parents are still quite happy for us to do that till Aleisha reaches high school. Will see what happens.  closedeyes.gif

XH has been a general pain as usual, though he did finally work out his Christmas holidays, so I knew when he was taking Aleisha and when we could take her away.

Have started replying to guys on online dating sites...but find the whole new world of dating so very different when it involves so much more technology these days. Haven't got to the date stage with anyone yet, but have got up the nerve to text a guy...so baby steps of progress happening there  blush.gif

Aleisha is going well. Seems to have worked out we won't put up with her dramatics up here, so rarely tries it anymore...still does it a bit for xh, but he enables it too, so only has himself to blame for that.

Hmmm that's enough updating from me,

Cheers,
Savanna

#31 Gin and Tonic

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

ok where are you all?

#32 ~brighteyes~

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

I"m here...think I just wait around for a post to reply to LOL

Still looking for a house, and not much luck in finding anything that is right. Have some many criteria it has to fit in with now, esp with my MS.

#33 Cocoaholic

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

Hi everyone,

Long time no post huh....  cool.gif   I seem to lose my password a lot and have been to lazy to get a new one.  But here I am anyway....  Looks like things are pretty quiet in here...  Can u believe our little ones are now 7, amazing.  We are all well and the girls are great!  Beth is really enjoying school and it seems really easy for her which has been wonderful.  Anna is 3 now and is gorgeous.. she is a real mummy's girl though and does cling to me a fair bit...  She will be starting school in 2011 so really only just over a yr away, I will be having her school interviews before I know it!  That's kind of sad really since she is the last one.

Anyway......
Hoping I can get some ideas here. I am thinking more and more about buying a business. I am really bored at my current job and I have started researching franchises and businesses for sale. I was wondering if any of you had advice on what type is good for someone with kids and what is a good investment. I've been looking into existing beauty therapy or perhaps a franchise. The franchises seem to want you to jump through hoops to get into business with them though.

I was thinking about Boost Juice or even a newsagency... Has anyone done something similar?

I don't have a business background at all and would have to learn from scratch so the training that a franchise provides would be good for me.. I just don't like the whole big brother mentality that seems to come with it though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I'm actually thinking of starting it the year Anna starts school and want to do as much research as I can.

What's everyone doing for Christmas this year?  We always do the same thing.... lunch at my mums and dinner with the in laws..  Well I guess not much has really changed for me since I was last here.  Life is just rolling along and the year has really flown by.  It's been a busy year.

Beth has started going to Gymnastics and is really liking it, we have her performance day coming up soon.  It's amazing how just one afterschool activity can make you feel like you have no time.  Between that and working I only spend one afternoon a week with the girls after school at home which is a bit sad.  Well it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past my bed time and I'm starting to type really badly.lol

Have a great Christmas everyone

Karen. biggrin.gif

#34 ~brighteyes~

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

For Christmas Aleisha will at her dad's for Christmas Eve till 3pm Xmas Day. So our family is having breakfast at my aunt's, lunch at our place for my dad's family (then Aleisha will be home for dinner with same lot).
Boxing day we're having lunch at my mum's other sister's (so Aleisha gets day with that side of the family).

I'm secretly wondering how Ray will go with Santa as I've always been the one who buys all the presents for her and puts them out Xmas Eve. I'm looking at getting her a bigger bike as my present, but may have Santa stuff here just in case it's needed.

Savanna

#35 map70

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

Sorry, I have been so busy I have totally forgotten about EB.
Leo is climbing everywhere and into everything so its chaos over here. Can't write now, kids still running around.

Marina

#36 ~brighteyes~

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Tring to keep myself occupied, seeing Aleisha just left for 2 weeks with Ray this morning. And to make it harder, she wasn't looking forward to 2 weeks away as she reckons she'll miss me too much.

Got back from a week's holiday yesterday which was good, and she very much enjoyed it up at the beach.

Sav

#37 BonKalKady

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hello! Just popping in to say hi original.gif

I can't believe our babies are 8 this year!  ohmy.gif Bon is going great, hes doing well at school and has just started footy a few weeks ago. He absolutely LOVES it! Last week he lost one of his front top teeth (hahahaha) looks hilarious, as the second one is loose aswell so has moved and turned. He looks very goofy rofl!

Anywho, just felt like saying hello original.gif Hope everyone is well and had a great xmas and new years!

#38 map70

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hello, all fine, busy, stressed at times!
Trying to get kids organised routines going, trying to do some sort of exercise to get fit (not loose weight though) and feel less tired!!!
No time atm to upload pics to photo site so none yet....

#39 ~brighteyes~

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

gosh we seem to be so regular with this thread LOL

Hope all the birthdays went well!

#40 Nerual

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

Juzz,

Not sure if you check in here but i have to ask after reading one of your facebook comments re your Ex. Have you and Grae split?

None of my business of course but I have to ask...

Lauren

#41 Victory

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

I was nosy, too, Lauren.
Hope everything is ok, Juzz.

#42 Pickle81

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

I was wondering the same thing.....hope things are all good Juzz xx

#43 Juzz

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Nerual @ 09/08/2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Juzz,

Not sure if you check in here but i have to ask after reading one of your facebook comments re your Ex. Have you and Grae split?

None of my business of course but I have to ask...

Lauren

Golly gosh, I haven't been in here for ages! But am on FB daily, so you can always catch me there  wink.gif

Yes Lauren, Grae moved out back in April - I haven't made too much of it on FB as Grae is a Friend (under some stupid name) and I don't go out of my way to incite him rolleyes.gif  I'm comfortable talking openly in here as he'll never see it...

The break-up was a bit messy as Child Protection were involved and the main reason he had to move out was that he wasn't able to cope with Mitchell due to Mitchy's health issues  sad.gif Basically Grae is not cut out to be a father/parent due to his own 'issues' (mainly alcohol related).  So I'm now officially a single mum - though given I've always done everything for Mitchell, financially, practically and emotionally - apart from Grae not living under the same roof, life is really not much different apart from the less tense atmosphere! Grae and I had been gradually drifting apart for years, so it was really more of a relief when he finally left than any great emotional upheaval - yes I miss him, but only on a practical level - I don't like coming home to a cold/dark house, I now have to do the very few chores (putting out the bins and maintaining the grass) he used to do... As we were never married, we don't have the hassle and expense of going through a divorce.

I'm currently getting more and more frustrated with having to initiate and organise Mitchell spending time with Grae - if I don't call him every Friday to ask when he's going to have Mitchell, he wouldn't bother and I'd be left having to explain to Mitchy why his father is such a loser... He refuses to make any regular, ongoing plans as "he's under too much pressure to know what he's doing next week, let alone next month"  huh.gif

Things are even more challenging at the moment as my Mum isn't able to help me out with Mitchy as she's going through her own battle with Breast Cancer on top of her Hip problems (she had her left hip replaced just before Christmas last year and is on the public hospital waiting list for a right hip replacement!).

Sorry this is so long, I tried to be succinct  blush.gif

Hope you and yours (and everyone else who comes in here regularly!) are doing well  biggrin.gif

Take care,

Juzz xoxox

#44 Pickle81

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

sh*t Juzz, I don't know what to say!  But you sound like you're handling everything which is good.  Makes it easier on Mitch not having a stressed out mum and dad as well.  
Very sorry to hear about your mum sad.gif  Must be very hard going through that alone sad.gif  Hope she comes good soon.

#45 Juzz

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

Thanks Ness  original.gif  It's not all bad.  Fortunately as far as we know (won't get biopsy results from her Op until next Tuesday) Mum's cancer is of the non-invasive, non-life-threatening type, but it's still Cancer.  I'm also lucky that Grae is only 10 mins drive away - near enough to be convenient, but far enough that I don't feel threatened by his presence!

And while I think I've got it hard, there are lots out there doing it harder than me - a very close friend of mine who is also a single Mum lost her precious Mum to cancer late last year after a long battle.  She has a total a'hole for an Ex who not only lives nearly an hour away, but gives their daughter hell - no 8yo should be subject to the emotional/verbal crap that he hands out and poor Amber (my friend) then has to spend days trying to "undo the damage" before it is time for Annaliese to go off with him again...

I'm pretty stoic and am very glad I at least have lots of online friends who care cool.gif

Cheers,

Juzz xoxoxox

#46 Pickle81

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

Yeah it's great that your trying to keep things calm with you and Grae.  When mum and stepdad split (he considered me and my 2 sisters his kids and I was 17 when they split) it was hell the crap mum carried on with.....and she still does 12 years later, even though she's remarried!  She managed to turn one of my sisters on dad by filling her ears with crap, I nearly did too, but after not talking to dad for a few months we managed to patch things up.  Dad never said a bad word about her to us, but we've all worked out what she is like on our own.  It was a case of dad having to do like your friend and undo a heap of damage she had done, bit hard to do when she used to deny him phonecalls and access, he went for 18 months without seeing my little bro and sis (the 2 kids he had with mum)  sad.gif
After watching watch she did/does me and Vic have always said if anything happens we would keep it nice for the sake of the kids.
That's good news about your mum!  Fingers crossed that the news is good on Tuesday.  And yep, no matter what form, cancer is still cancer sad.gif

#47 Victory

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

I never come in here either, but I saw Lauren had posted on your wall.

I'm glad that you and Mitch have a chance at some stability now. I won't say I am sorry, as I have had the vibe for a long time that things were getting quite unpleasant for you. I hope you are feeling lighter and happier since the decision has been made.

xx

#48 Juzz

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Thanks girls - Nicole you were certainly feeling the correct vibes! I have certainly been advised by numerous health experts, psychiatrists, counsellor, etc. that I've had dealings with in relation to Mitch's health, that he is better off without his father around full-time and that his behavioural issues should improve.  Unfortunately I haven't yet seen much improvement, but with all the changes to his routine due to Mum's latest health problems, it's not really surprising and behavioural changes do take time...

#49 Nerual

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

Oh Juzz, what a time you've had.

Firstly, as good as it is that you have moved ahead with Mitch, am sorry to hear it didn't work out with your ex. I hope you find yourself someone worthy of yours & Mitch's company. The vibes were definatly flowing out to us.

Also sad to read about your Mum but its great that its been detected & not as serious as it could be. But all the same a very scary time. She's had her fair share of medical issues so fingers crossed this is it.

Don't want to steal the focus from the topic but just have to mention that my Dad's leukemia has progressed & he's into week 2 of a 3 week (minimum) hospital stint of chemo & recovery. his only chance of beating his cancer is a 100% match Bone marrow transplant. So far there's been a 95% match, but given his form of leukemia & age (60) his must be a perfect match. So cross your fingers for him.

Am working today, so must get back into it.

Maybe its update time...... biggrin.gif

#50 Gin and Tonic

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:47 AM

Gosh- it goes quiet here for months and then a flurry of BIG news.

Juzz- I hope that life settles down for you and Mitch soon.  Im must admit I wasnt surprised given what you have said in the past.  I always had the feeling you were unofficially a single mum.  Im sure once you get into a routine again, Mitch will settle down.
Also sorry to hear about your mum- hope everything goes well with her treatment.

Lauren- sorry to hear about your dad. fingers crossed!

My news- my nana died last week after a very short downhill slide.  She was nearly 94 and had a few things wrong with her that werent being treated because of her age, but werent giving her any trouble.  They all started to go wrong at the same time and we think she just decided that she was ready to go.  3 weeks later she died.  Up until that time she was still living alone in her retirement village, getting her hair done every week and hosting the weekly morning tea at the community centre in the village.  We were all very sad, but really glad to celebrate such a wonderful healthy life.

Apart from this, I have been working on contract this year at various places.  I just did a 5 months stint at a bank which I really enjoyed and Im starting another contract there for 6 weeks on Monday.  Fingers and toes are crossed that something more permanent comes of it.  The 5 months were the hardest thing I have ever done in my life- thrown in the deep end in an area I know nothing about and in an industry I know nothing about, but despite a few very shaky moments, I came out of it ok and they still like me!  Good news, I was too stressed to eat so I have lost 6 Kgs and fit back into my jeans that I havent worn for 2 years.

Hope all your babies birthdays went well. Can you believe they are 8?
Looking forward to a few more updates from everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.