June 02 Parents # 74

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 Freckles

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:13 AM

Hi girls,

Nice to see some action in here! biggrin.gif As always I've come in to post news. Patrick had his end of year Christmas concert yesterday. Just as an aside, OMG it is so cute watching 90 odd 6/7yo's singing Christmas carols while dressed up in native Aussie animal costumes.  happy.gif Patrick got an award again this year. Teacher's Choice, for consistent effort throughout the year. We're very proud of him, as he's doing so well. Looking forward to Year 2 now, so much so that it's hard to remember that he's still in year 1! LOL One of his front teeth is mostly grown back, so he's back to being a single gappy. The other tooth is visible, just, so definitely on the way. So all is well on the Patrick front.

Beth is quite sick at the moment with a chest infection, but otherwise is going well. She managed a poo on the toilet last weekend (quite unprompted) and is occasionally asking to go on the toilet. So hopefully TT is not too far off. original.gif

Carmen - It's funny how kids so close can be so different in size isn't it? Sounds like Chloe is like Beth in the way of attitude. I keep hoping she'll grow out of it, but not so sure having read your post! biggrin.gif

Nic - Wow at Aiden playing with 2 hands already! That's great news. I play the piano and think that love of it came from watching my mother play when I was young. She taught me the basics and then I progressed on to a professional teacher. I think the ability to play a musical instrument is a wonderful thing. original.gif As for size, yep Aiden is huge, but he always has been bigger than the rest, so no difference there. biggrin.gif

waves.gif all round, hope you are all well and happy, coping with the end of year excitement etc. original.gif

#27 nic74g

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

Merry Christmas to you and your families! Hope you get some rest over the festive season.

Cheers

Nicole

#28 Freckles

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

Hi girls,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day yesterday. Hard to believe that it has been and gone and we're almost into 2010! We had a lovely day. Spent a quiet morning at home then had lunch and dinner with my PIL, lunch included my SIL and BIL as well. Patrick's presents were mostly Star Wars lego, as well as some gaming stuff (Warhammer 40K for anyone who knows what I'm talking about, DH is into it). Beth got lots of dolls, a tea set etc (she's seriously into make believe ATM). It was a nice day all round. original.gif I was totally exhausted by the end of it and was in bed at 9! LOL

Hope it was all just as lovely for you and our big 7yo babies. original.gif

#29 Freckles

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

Happy new year everyone! Hope it's a great one for you all. original.gif Our 'babies' will turn 8 this year, my how that time has flown! biggrin.gif

#30 Freckles

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:54 AM

Hi girls,

The school holidays seem to be whizzing past. I bought Patrick new school schoes yesterday and have lay-by'd some shorts in the next size up for him. He's still in the uniforms I bought him to start kindy in, but the shorts are a whole lot shorter now! biggrin.gif I've washed all his gear (library bag, painting T-shirt etc) and just have to top up his pencil case with glue sticks and the like and we'll be ready to go back to school when the time comes.

Hope you are all enjoying your school holidays- or should I say surviving! biggrin.gif

#31 Guest_Chad~Viki~Seed_*

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:21 AM

Hi

We've been pretty busy during the holidays, spent 2 weeks interstate, had famjily from interstate for just over a week and now going up to stay at a small hobby farm for a few days.

I can't beleive Chloe will be 8 in a few months. In our church, turning 8 is an important birthday as that when when they are old enough to be baptised and confirmed, so Chloe is getting excited about that. She already has her white dress and whats to put it on at any opportunity. We were expecting to be in Adelaide for it, but surprise surprise more delays with the house  sad.gif. They said they would lay the slab on the 15th and now they are saying mid feb. All they have managed to do since April last year is clear the block.

Could be a benefit though as I went for a job interview for an aged care facility just down the road and think they were rather intrested, so will give me time to save up a lot more.

#32 Freckles

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

Hi girls,

Patrick went back to school yesterday. I know that some of you still have your kids at home, so guess some year 2 (or 3) updates will be coming next week! biggrin.gif Patrick has a class with 2 teachers (obviously job sharing). Haven't had this before so will be interesting to see how it goes! The Mon-Wed teacher is the one that he wanted, so hopefully it will work out well. He wasn't particularly keen to go back but I was mightily relieved! laughing2.gif

Carmen - I know, where has 8 years gone? I guess we'll be talking about the kids starting high school before we know it!

waves.gif all round, hope you are all well. Hope the kids all settle in quickly to their new classes.

#33 Guest_Contento_*

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

V's & C's teachers do the same. V's teachers are 2/3 days a week and C's are 4/1. One of V's teachers is our next door neighbour (not the horrible ones obviously), so that will be intresting  ph34r.gif.  

C started back today  biggrin.gif

#34 ~*~Jenni~*~

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

Long time since I last posted but I have been popping in occasionally and reading everyones updates.

I can't believe our little ones will be turning 8 this year.  That time has gone so fast.  Ben is going so well.  He is so happy with his teacher this year, he has a male teacher and I think that will be such a good thing for him.  He didn't do as well as we would have hoped last year but I think it was because he was bored and they weren't doing anything that interested him lol.  This year his teacher has said they'll be doing lots of experiments and fun stuff so he is very excited.  He is playing Teeball at the moment and is looking forward to playing soccer again this winter.  He also now has to wear glasses and looks so cute and smart in them.  They won't be a permanent thing, just to strengthen his eyes.  He is such a good kid though, nothing is ever a problem and he just goes with the flow with everything.

Kayla is turning 6 today... I can't believe my baby is 6.  She is going into year 1 at school and has the same jobshare teachers that Ben had last year.  She is going amazingly well at school and is doing year 3 work in some classes - she was born to learn that girl.

Otherwise not much else to report. We've just gotten back from a holiday in Qld which was fabulous. We got to go to Australia Zoo which Ben loved so much as Steve Irwin is his idol so to be able to take him there was great.

Anyway, will try not to keep it so long between posts this time.

Take care all,

Jenni

#35 Freckles

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

Jen - Great to see you! Good to hear that all is going so well. Your kids both look very much like you. Kayla's grown up heaps. She sounds like she is going great guns at school, what a champ! original.gif

Carmne - Hope the split teachers go well for you. Classroom orientation meeting is next week and I'm assuming we will get to meet both teachers. I'm looking forward to that!

waves.gif all round, hope you are all well. original.gif

#36 Freckles

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hi girls,

How is everyone travelling? Hope all the kids are settling into the new school year. Patrick seems to have a huge amount of homework this year, much more than last year. His spelling words are a lot harder too. He's got extension words (which means that he's done well at spelling so far) and his extension words this week are all the states of Australia! So, hard stuff for a 7yo I reckon. I'm just about to start buying him new school shirts. He's still in the uniforms that I bought him to start kindy and I'm very impressed at how well they have lasted. I'll be passing along the shorts to a friend who's DS will go to the same school in a few years.

Hope you are all well and that all the kids are good. original.gif

#37 Freckles

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

Uh oh, we're in danger of this turning into a thread that's all about me and Patrick again! tongue.gif Where is everyone? Hope you are all well. original.gif

#38 *l&k*mama

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:28 AM

How can our babies be turning 8?

#39 Guest_The 7 Dwarfs_*

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

We sold our house yesterday  biggrin.gif

We are finally moving to Adelaide, after saying it for 12 months now lol. Settlement on this house is the 2nd of July and the house we are building is due for completion the 14th of June (which is Chloe's birthday). Apparantly it's already just about finished now.

Chloe doesn't have too much homework, just the reading, spelling and a project each term

#40 Freckles

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM!! Hope you have a fabulous day.

And so, the birthday run commences.... tongue.gif

#41 sallan

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Thanks Em. I dont remember who comes next, we used to have a list didnt we?
I hope I dont miss anyone.
This year is full of Lego and Ironman!!!
Sal

#42 Guest_The 7 Dwarfs_*

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

I'm not sure what to get Chloe yet. Chloe and Ned are 2 days apart, I've got Neds all sorted.

#43 Guest_The 7 Dwarfs_*

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

Here is my 8 year old  biggrin.gif

#44 Freckles

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

Patrick had his birthday yesterday. His main present wass a loft bed (like a bunk on top but desk underneath) as he has quite a small room and we are hoping to give him more room to play. He also got some Star Wars Lego and a few other little things. PIL got him a Nerf Gun which is very popular. biggrin.gif Bed comes on Tuesday so we have lots to do to get his room organised and sorted out before then! original.gif

Carmen - Its's amazing how quickly our babies have stopped looking like babies and started looking like big kids isn't it? I meant to say before, you must be excited about your upcoming move! Must be nice to fulfil a dream like that. original.gif And also congrats on number 7, you're very keen! biggrin.gif

waves.gif all round, hope you are all well. original.gif

#45 Guest_The 7 Dwarfs_*

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

Very Quiet in this entire section. I suspect FB probably has a lot to do with that.

Chloe had her baptism over the weekend, we don't baptise children till they are 8 and can choose for themselves. She was so excited, but I was a bit sad it was so low key cause I had to work after it.  sad.gif

We are finally in SA, Chloe loves her new school and I have to say is so much more intrested in reading. We've always struggled to get her to read and she is rather behind, but she came home today excited that she went up to level 12. Hopefully she will start cruising through the levels for the rest of the year now she's intrested in reading every night. We could make her do it, but now she wants to do it she'd going to learn so much more

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.