August 06 Parents # 123

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#51 gimmeguitars

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:29 PM

we have been toilet training all this week and SMOOTH sailing...any accidents have been only because we haven't got to the potty in time. He's gone from not even wanting to sit on the potty to peeing in little kids toilet in public, to even using full size toilet. He tried peeing outside today but didn't like having to hold his penis!!!!! laughing2.gif but he did do one. Just got it all over his jocks and pants, but hey it is DEFINATELY progress, for sure. Not so great with poos but we will get there. Even staying dry for his naps, I put his nappy on over his jocks. Last night he stayed dry overnight then weed like 6 times today!!! so excited. Goodbye nappies YAY

sorry had to boast he is doing so well, my dd took absolutely forever and ALWAYS forgot/held on too long. Like I went shopping at the big shopping centre today and had to drive for 20 mins, with DD I wouldn't have chanced it, with him he was fine. Sooooo happy right now!! Please keep it up little man.

Sorry if TMI for anyone wink.gif

#52 trish#

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:30 AM

Great news on the toilet training front!! Isn't so exciting and such a relief? Morgan will stay dry at nap time but we put a pull up on her overnight...which is soaked in the a.m.!! Oh well. I'll take what I can get. We haven't gone to the toilet in public yet. I think that will be hard for her.

CARMIE: Welcome to our group! Your Jaxon was born the same day as my daughter Morgan! I also have an almost 11 month old son. We are glad to have you in this parents group but I must warn you that it is pretty slow-going lately. Maybe we can all vow to become more active!!! original.gif

#53 ~Whintreleigh~

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hi Carmie, your welcome to join but not much really happens in here these days....

Just wanted to say Happy 3rd Birthday to my D-Man... he had a great day!! Thanks to those who sent messages through FB original.gif

#54 Carmie

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

trish thanks for the welcome and very cute that our little ones were born on the same day.

Jaxon is fully TT both day and night and has been day trained for coming up 12mths next month and been night trained for 5-6mths now. He initiated it around 20mths but I wasnt ready and started him a few months later and 22-23mths and it only took him 3-4weeks.

He has been swimming since 4mths old and LOVES his swimming and has started doing sports this term. They play 10 different sports over the year with a different sport every 2 weeks. So far he has done soccer, golf and basketball. Wasnt too keen on the golf by the 2nd week but loved the soccer and basketball.

He has a huge thing with cars at the moment and Lightning McQueen. We have just redone his and his brothers (they share) room with lightning mcqueen last month (still need finishing touches) as he informed us he was no longer a baby and didint want animlas in his room anymore (previously had Malawi theme from kidsline) We are putting up a little shelf above his bunk tomorrow which he is so excited about lol

#55 omy

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hi everyone
Just thought I would pop in and see if I could post (puter hasnt liked EB for so long)
Sorry to hear all the bad news hope your all doing as well as you can
Hope all the bubs had a great birthday
Byron had a good day we went to the circus it was great fun
Hes nearly toilet trained in the day except for number 2 which are a bit hit and miss
He goes to preschool 2 days a week and family day care 1 day and loves it
All the other kids are doing well Oscar is in year 2 Rhiannon is in year 10 and Flynn starts school next year
Ok best be off get the little monsters to bed
will try to become more regular
xxxxx Omy

#56 hedgewytch

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

Hi all

Trish, Xavier's autopsy results showed that he was completely normal but had been dead for two weeks and that was why he appeared to have several things wrong with him (muscular shrinkage etc)

thank you for asking

#57 gimmeguitars

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

considering getting rid of the potty now altogether... he will finally sit on the toilet!!! even taking himself some times!! yay number 2 are also more miss than hit lol but we are doing really well, he tells me as soon as he thinks he needs to! (sure we were at the public loos4 times in 20 minutes today but he DID wee each time so that's ok). my dd took forever!!!! so this is like hooray original.gif he also tried weeing holding his you know what tonight which he wouldn't do before either... I told him, it's ok mate you are allowed to "use" it just don't "play" with it... not that he would anyway. Although everyone tells me "playing" with it is normal...meh you know what I mean!!

Edited by gimmeguitars, 30 August 2009 - 10:20 PM.

#58 =R2=

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:29 AM

Oooh we're finally toilet training here too. B has finally decided she hates weeing in her nappy plus some poos and does them on the toilet instead. I haven't been brave enough to put her in undies all day although she already does this at daycare. Her daytime pull up nappy has been pretty much dry the whole week. Today was the first time she's been dry overnight. I'm just taking it one day at a time and not rushing as it is nice and convenient for her to be in a nappy sometimes with all the rushing around I've been doing LOL.

Edited by =R2=, 01 January 2010 - 12:06 PM.

#59 dramas-hill

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

The Crone so sorry to read of your little boy leaving you so soon, and that you have no answers why he had to leave you.

Butting out now

Edited by dramas-hill, 05 September 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#60 trish#

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

CARMIE: Let me also add that I live in the USA! Always have, always will; just happened upon this site when I was TTC and have really bonded w/ this group of girls!  

LARA: I'm sorry to hear that you really have no answers. I'm not sure if I'd feel better or worse after getting results that he was normal. How are you feeling about things?

Glad all the toilet training is going so well for so many.

ANNEKE: So it seems congratulations are in order??!!! Do tell/explain. original.gif

OMY: Thanks for dropping in!

Mason turns one in less than 2wk. I'm having a hard time w/ it. Am starting to wean him--am so proud I BFd for a year. I would continue for a few months but he is starting to bite and is losing interest. Plus I need to start some meds that cannot be started until I'm done nursing. So it seems it has run its course, but I'm still sad about it.

#61 ~Whintreleigh~

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hey Trish - yes... I not only got married but got pregnant in the process original.gif Very happy.... keeping everything crossed for a sticky bub this time around original.gif Technically due in May but think I might join the June group.... that way I can join from the beginning original.gif And I will most likely go over anyway!!

I can't believe your little man is almost 1!! WOW thats gone so fast!!! And yay for BF'ing!!

#62 gimmeguitars

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

omg congrats whintreleigh!!!
beautiful new siggy mate.

CARN THE SAINTS THIS WEEKEND. My DS goes my team too original.gif

#63 trish#

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:31 AM

Well, Mason's bday has come and gone. Took him to the zoo on his actual bday. It was SUCH a good time, just me and him. He got sick the next day and by the time his party rolled around, he was barely into it. Oh well. I'm glad I had my special day with him. I stopped nursing last week and am very proud for making it so far! However, my right boob is KILLING me. So sore/tender. I gradually dropped feedings (not cold turkey) like I did w/ Morgan--had NO pain w/ her. Is this common?

I need a new sig--any takers?

#64 charlie23

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hey Ladies

Long time no post.......

Lara - I am so very sorry that you had no answers from Xavier's autopsy. How are you doing?

Trish - Would love to update your siggy....you can email me full sized pics to kellyjriley@hotmail.com  Congrats for BFing for a year, it's a huge achievement. I can't help you with the weaning / sore breasts as I am still going.

Although, have you tried expressing the sore one? Maybe it has a build up of milk which could lead to mastitis.

How is everyone else doing?

Taylor has dropped her days sleeps so it's nice and busy all day long with her!
Kel

#65 charlie23

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

Lys - Thinking of you Luke coming up to his first birthday.

Kel

#66 Lys

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

Thank you so much Kel..... if I send you a pic tonight would you be able to do me a sig for his birthday? Will PM you...

#67 Raynne

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

Okay ladies - what is your 3yr old getting for Christmas?

Q is getting desk and chair, dress ups, books, sandpit toys, felt story cutouts, clothes from Santa/us need something from grandma ($40-$50) was thinking car mat for his bedroom since his room is vehicles any way. We try not to do plastic or batteries (but bit hard to do sand toys in wood LOL

#68 ~Whintreleigh~

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

My little D-Man is getting an easel complete with paper, paints, chalk etc. His granpa is getting him a 2 wheeler bike as well so he is going to be stoked original.gif

Santa is giving him a box of noise makers.... bongo drum, castanets, triangle... that kind of thing.

#69 Raynne

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

Merry Christmas to all the mums, tots, bubs, bumps, kids and angels. (ah let's include DHs in there too)  May you have a wonderful festive season and a healthy, safe and happy new year.

Whint - Grandma has gotten Q a 2 wheeler as well - it will be a while before he can manage it though he has no balance to speak of.

#70 trish#

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:13 AM

Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a merry christmas and happy new year. There is snow here! and now that college football is over ("my" team won the National Championship, btw! yay!), I'm really looking fwd to spring and time out at the pool. I am jealous that you girls have such nice weather now. Although I DO think of you when I wear my UGGs!! I recently got my first pair and LOVE them.

I'm mainly dropping in to check on Pru. I have read some of her posts of FB and sent her a private message but never heard back from her. I hope she is okay?!

Trish

#71 charlie23

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:03 AM

Lys - Thinking of you today, I pray that your scan shows a healthy baby for you.

waves.gif

Kel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.