Pregnant Mums #64

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#26 Cantabile

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

Welcome to Bubba*A* original.gif

DH is off to the dr's tmrw so I might see if I can squizz an appt in for myself as well. I'm still coughing sooo much sad.gif so I know how you're feeling Dino-Mite!!

Btw - does anyone know if the Baby kids & markets are now on weekly? On the way home from rehearsals tonight that's what they said on Mix 106. Didn't think that sounded right.

#27 Guest_curiouser123_*

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

Cantabile
I don't think so. I have checked the website, and it doesn't say anything like that.
The next one is June 20th at Epic.

I won't be in this group much longer sad.gif

Nut Have you been to monkey mania lately? I noticed in a recent thread a few complaints. We want to have DD's birthday there, but a little concerned now.

#28 *Moi*

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

Morning all original.gif

Welcome Bubba*A* and congratulations.

Not much to report... when do I need to book in for the BT that goes with the nuchal scan?

I can't remember...  ddoh.gif

#29 Cantabile

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

Not much to report... when do I need to book in for the BT that goes with the nuchal scan?

Lauren - I did mine on the same day. Had the NT test, then walked over to the pathology for the blood test. original.gif

#30 3cubs

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

gee this thread seems to be moving a bit quicker these days which is kind of a good thing just got to keep up!

Bubba A: Welcome!

Serenzy: Does next say Friday morning suit you for a catch up perhaps at the Mawson Club?

House of Blue & Nut and anyone else who is free next Friday morning? Is that a good time to arrange?

For those who work full-time pls dont think Im being rude not making it on the weekend. If someone wants to make a weekend catch up time Id probably be interested in coming along so long as nothing else is on on the date chosen. So pls feel free to arrange.

#31 Bubba*A*

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

Cantabile - Yeah I was informed about the baby and kids markets and was looking it up today, they are on every 2 mths it seems. Has anyone been to them?

Harry2007 - yeah I work full time at the moment will finish up early Oct I think. A weekend catch up would be great if ppl are interested? We could do like an afternoon tea one afternoon or something. :-)

BTW... thank you all for your warm welcomes :-D

#32 Cantabile

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:07 PM

I haven't been too fussed about the baby and kids markets because I didn't really know if I was shopping for a boy or girl, LOL! And I think it's also because I've pretty much bought the big ticket items too.

That said, if you're there early enough you can get some items for a good price. I saw a Steelcraft Strider 4 for $150 including the bassinet last weekend, Kidsline Malawi cot set for about $60 and a red/black brocade baby bag (Vanchi??) for about $15 that only required a quick clean to make it new again. original.gif If you're interested in BBH nappies, they have a stand there too and they had specials on in the last market.

The earlier you get there, the better your chances of nabbing bargains original.gif

#33 Nut

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:15 PM

curiouser - I went to MM a couple of weeks ago and it was OK. I only go into the toddler area though and this time at least they had balls in the ball pit. Could be a few more things for the little ones to play with but otherwise for an 18 month old it kept him occupied.

Ingrid - Might as well try for Friday next week. Afternoons are better for us with Alex and his sleep times but I don't think I have anything on that day.

moi - I had my scan done through NCDI and they then gave me the referral for the bloods which needed to be done on the same day.

But it's a quick blood test. You just walk in and get it done at capital pathology, no appointment necessary.

Bubba - We're just getting started with the cold!! Temps next week are predicted to be around the 6 or 7 degree mark during the day... Or at least starting some time soon. Haven't even started with the -5 degree mornings where everything completely frozen. I used to work outdoors and started at 7am most mornings and that was sooo much fun.

#34 ~4's enough 4 me~

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Bubba A - congrats and welcome!

I am available next Friday for a meet up. I have an appt from 11.30am to about 1ish so I am free either before or after that.

I am not fussed on the venue as my little one will be in childcare and the others at school. The only thing is I will have to leave by 2.30pm to pick them all up.

AFM - I have my first appt with FMU on Monday which I am looking forward to, I just hope they will do a quick scan so I can get some reassurance that everything is still ok but Im not expecting them to do one.

Anyway I have DS2 home again from school and I need to go and clean before I go and pick the others up.

Edited by house~of~blue, 22 May 2009 - 01:31 PM.

#35 3cubs

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

Okay Pregnant Mums; Looks like we can do a meet up next Friday at say 2pm. How about we have a cuppa at Hellenic club in the coffee section and then we can move to the kids section. Harry can usually sit still enough for a cuppa but its okay in there anyway if they mill around while we have a cuppa for 20 or 30 mins and then we can move into kids section (which is closed off). I can meet in the foyer to sign those that are not members in? If your going to arrive late let me know and I can come out and let u in cause the coffee spot is just round the corner from the entrance. How does that sound House of Blue, Nut and anyone else who can come next Friday arvo?

BubbaA: An arvo tea one weekend sounds good. Might even leave the little guy with DH so we can someone nice!

Edited by harry2007, 22 May 2009 - 03:28 PM.

#36 steen2007

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hi girls,

Didn't even think to look in the ACt section for pg mum friends!
Only moved to the ACT this year and love it. The weather plays hacov with DS asthma but we have found a great paed so can't complain.

Look forward to having bub #2.
Bubba A, I think you just joined our DIG so I am very excited to finally have an ACT person on board!

#37 Nut

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

Thought I would share some of my 3D/4D piccies from Bundles original.gif

#38 Dino-Mite

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

Pics are awesome Nut   hheart.gif

#39 Bubba*A*

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

Cantabile, yeah I will have to check it out... :-)

Nut, yeah isn't it getting cold! Today was a nice day though, warmer which is good, but I suppose we aren't really in winter are we, so it will get colder than this.... aaagghhhh.... lucky we have heaters to keep us warm! hehe

House of Blue, thanks for the welcome :-) Keep positive honey :-)

Harry2007, yeah I am very keen for a weekend afternoon tea sometime... if ppl are interested let us know & we can organise something :-)

Steen2007, I must get up to date with the lingo of pregnancy chat, as i don't know what DIG means... lol (I feel rather embarrassed really.. wink.gif )

Nut, oh bubba looks so cute!! It is so amazing those 3d/4d ultrasounds, I think I will have to have one when the times comes to get it done... hehehe What a cute face!! Great photos!

#40 steen2007

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

Nut- Great pics, the foot is so clear, do you think that bub looks like anyone, even Alex?

BubbaA- DIG is an EB term Due In Group, sothe What month are you due? section. But yes the other terms do get confusing, just look up the top of pg forums for some explainations. I am excited to have someone in the ACT!

Friday meet-up, can't make this one, just a bit far at DS nap times, but maybe later!
K off to do some dinner clean up.

#41 Cantabile

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

steen2007 - welcome original.gif

Nut - what time were you there today? I thought of you when I went to pick up my DVD (had the song changed).

I'm sooooooo tired! Had a FAB time at my baby shower original.gif Ate wayyy to much cakes/slices, mmmm. Bunny was v spoilt.

#42 Serenzy

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:44 AM

Oops, I've been scarce here! Tsk tsk!

Nut, those photos are absolutely beautiful! Aww!

Cantabile, I would have loved to have come on Friday but I'm working that day and all weekend. sad.gif

One of my friends has a stall at the Kids markets, but I haven't ever gone. I'm terrible! Maybe next time!

Not a lot here, growing the bump and relaxing between shifts!

#43 Nut

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

I can't make Friday anymore sorry!! Something else has come up and it has to be done.

Will have to try again for another time.

#44 Mel_Mac

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

ph34r.gif sneaking in to say congratulations to Christine!  Fantastic to see you are 16 weeks along!

Hope it's all going smoothly original.gif

#45 eeyoreangel

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hi Guys

Had my 12w ultrasound today.  My EDD was changed from 5 December (1st ultrasound) to 29 November (this ultrasound).

Bubby measuring 13w2d.  Lots of movement and waving. Bubs didn't really want to stay still.

Will bbl.

Jill original.gif

#46 Cantabile

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Cantabile, I would have loved to have come on Friday but I'm working that day and all weekend. sad.gif

Eh???

What's happening on the Friday? I'm working too so I have no idea what I supposedly have organised???

#47 Christie03

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Hi Just wanted to pop in and say a big Thank you to everyone who recommended NCDI, I had my scan this afternoon and they were fantastic and took their time, they also tried out the 3D machine which was exciting!  Just a quick question, they told me the gender was most likely a girl as there were no boy bits (and my boys have been rather obvious lol)and we saw three lines between the legs, but I am still nervous at thinking we could be having a girl after 3 boys, would you think seeing what I saw was enough to prove its more likely a girl? I think I'll have to book at bundles to re-check!

Nut - those pics of your little girl are gorgeous!  Do you have GD this pregnancy? I had it with my third ao am expecting it again this time!

Hope everyone else is going well and managing to find time to put your feet up and relax :-)

#48 Nut

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

Christie - Yep I have GD this time. Didn't with Alex but I some how did not think I would escape it this time around.

As for gender... It's taken me 4 scans to believe that it's definitely a girl. I've heard of too many mistakes and even though we did see 3 lines on each scan and no sign of boy bits I still needed that confirmation.

I'd be booking in to Bundles... Not just to recheck but also because I just love the experience original.gif

#49 FeralAlpacaWarrior

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Hi everyone,

I am newly pregnant- 5 weeks 5 days, confirmed with blood test last week- have lived in Canberra for only 3 years, and none of my friends here have babies, help! I need advice on hospitals, obgyns and such, and don't work on Fridays and would love to catch up with other mums and mums-to-be. Does anyone mind if I tag along on Friday afternoon?

B

#50 Cantabile

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

Some part of me still don't believe I have a girl on board and I've been to Bundles, LOL!!

lovealpacas
- welcome! It can be overwhelming, can't it? Are you North/Southside? That might help in determining where you might want to go. Have you had a thought about what kind of care/birth you may want? I'm a Southsider, and I'm going through the Birth Centre (located in the Canberra Hospital) and I've been told it's pretty hard to get into. I do like it - such a lovely homely, not overly medical feel to it.

Have a search through the ACT thread here for hospital/ob recommendations, do some googling about the maternity units and the Canberra Midwifery Program. Have your GP recommended anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.