Pregnant Mums #64

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#51 *Moi*

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:59 AM

lovealpacas - welcome!  Only have experience with GP/Midwife care through the Birthing Centre at The Canb Hospital. Absolutely loved it. They encourage a natural labour and the room is set up like a home bedroom.

How exciting Christie - a little girl after 3 boys! I know what you mean. I didn't find out the gender with the girls but this time I am very tempted - but only if they are very sure ie willy waving around!

I had a vomit-free day yesterday, yay!

#52 Guest_curiouser123_*

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

Isobel Lily was born yesterday at 12:29pm
4 1/2 hour no pushing labour after an epi. Fantastic, and much better than my first.
She is 48cm long, weighing 7 pounds 6 1/2 ounces.
Am home already. Hated the hospital. Now just trying to remember what to do with such a tiny baby. DD #1 was 8'3

#53 3cubs

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

Curiouser: congratulations on the birth of your little girl. Harry took the same time as your bub to come out. You did well!

Friday Meet up: Sorry House of Blue I didnt see your problem with the time in the arvo until yesterday when i was reading back over the posts. Perhaps we can shift it to the morning if Nut still doesn't have anything on? I may not be able to come because i volunteered to be available for a relief day on friday forgetting about the tenative plans. But there is a good chance i wont be called in cause i am only down with one school. But if there is at least 2 others or more to meet up it shuldnt matter. Otherwise we haver to try and rearrange. Can anyone else cme this Friday morning? Nut is the morning all right with you? House of Blue can u still make it? etc

#54 ~4's enough 4 me~

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Harry2007 - I am still free up to just after 11am  (I have to be in Kambah by 11.30) but at this stage DS3 is sick so maybe if we make it for another day. I am on canteen the following Friday so it will have to be the friday after that, which will probably be my last friday off and I have my PAC appt at the hospital from 11am to 12pm providing they are running on time.

Curiouser123 - Congrats on the safe arrival of your little one. Im glad it all went well for you. How did DP cope?

lovealpacas - Congrats and welcome! I am going through the TCH shared care program this time round (as I did for my first) but for my other 2 I did the midwife care through the birth centre. I can recommend both programs if you are southside and public is how you will be going. If you do want to go public through TCH it may pay to ring now as the pre admission appts are booked out until July.

AFM - I had my appt with Fetal medicine on Monday and all went well. They didnt do a scan so I am still feeling really anxious. I have my NT scan next Thursday so its not too long to wait. Anyway the Ob I saw basically said they will not let me go over 40 weeks this time and they will do a sizing scan at 36 weeks and possibly book an induction date from that. She does not think that I can have a baby over 3.8 without complications so in turn the will not let baby get too big. This was because DS3 was born with shoulder dystocia and he was 4.3kgs. Its a relief to know that as his birth really was not a good experience for all involved.

Anyway DS3 is asleep so I might go and have a nap with him.

#55 *Moi*

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

Congratulations Curiouser123 on the birth of Isobel, beautiful name. wub.gif

#56 3cubs

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Hellenic Club; Hi there, I actually caught up with a friend at the Hellenic Club today. I hadnt been for a long time. The kids room sections opening hours is btw 12-3pm so am thinking its not the most suitable venue now. perhaps the mawson club is better cause they are open first thing in th morning etc.

House of Blue Im happy with another day if you want. I haven't heard from work. Its driving me crazy saying im available to one school and then not knowing. I much prefer to be able to plan ahead than being on tenderhooks. I think next week I will make myself available to more schools if I really want work on a particular day as then I will be booked most likely quickly and wont be in limbo too long!

Nut: Sorry only going back thru thread now (hence the edit) and realise you cant make friday anyhow. So thats cool. We can try again in a week or two.

Edited by harry2007, 27 May 2009 - 05:06 PM.

#57 Cantabile

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

Just wanted to quickly say CONGRATULATIONS to curiouser123 on the birth of Isobel original.gif

Right ladies, I better get back to writing those reports!

#58 steen2007

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hi Girls,

Curiouser123-COngrats, also love the name! Hope that everything flows back to you and you have a great first few weeks.

Jill Yay on the great scan. Are you glad the dates have moved a little further away from Christmas? I think I will go more towards the end of Nov but we will see.

MelMac Thanks for the congrats. Glad to be in here.

Lovealpacs I guess you need to decide if you want private care or midwife care, all things that are very personal. I am booked in at Bruce and am happy as it is very close to home. Check out the other section in Pg on care providers there might be some thread there to help.

Sounds like Friday isn't happening. DS naps from 1-3 usually but if there is something else that gets organised I will try and come along.
All cruising well here, just over a week until DH is home, cant wait.

#59 Serenzy

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

Sorry Cantabile, I meant harry! D'oh, I was obviously having a smart day! LOL BTW, so envious of your ticker!

Curiouser123, congratulations on the birth of Isobel!

House of Blue, good luck with your NT Scan next week.

Welcome lovealpacas! I'm going through The Canberra Hospital the same way I did with my girls, and my appts are with the Tuggeraong Midwife Clinic. original.gif I'm very happy with my care, but it depends on what you're comfortable with!

#60 Dino-Mite

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Curiouser123, congratulations on the birth of Isobel.  Isobel is a beautiful name.

#61 Guest_curiouser123_*

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hi everyone.
Settling into a nice routine now. Went home as soon as I could after delivery, and feel much better being here. Midwives have visited each day, and Isobel is doing great.
Here is a pic of DP and I after the birth original.gif DP did really well

Edited by curiouser123, 29 May 2009 - 03:50 PM.

#62 *Moi*

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

Oh cluck cluck. You look so great for just giving birth!

#63 Cantabile

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

wub.gif Fabulous pic, you looked great!

#64 Guest_curiouser123_*

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

LOL girls original.gif
An epidural will do that for you. I didn't even know she was ready to be born. It was just because our fantastic midwife decided to do a check before DP went home for a shower. Discovered i was fully dilated +1, and at that point we decided we should probably turn Ellen off and have the baby Tounge1.gif
She was born 29 minutes later.  wub.gif

Birth story done original.gif
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=684527

Edited by curiouser123, 29 May 2009 - 05:06 PM.

#65 3cubs

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:57 AM

curiouser123: You must be on cloud9. Hope Isobel is settling in well at home.

#66 Cantabile

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

Does anyone know what happened with curiouser123? Her birth story was deleted and it seems she has unregistered too?

#67 Nut

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

I believe she had her account removed from EB.

#68 Serenzy

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

Oh I didn't even get a chance to read it. sad.gif I hope she's okay.

I'm 20 weeks today, can't believe I'm halfway there. I have a Midwife Appt today too, then off to work. Sigh.

#69 *Moi*

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

I understand you wouldn't be able to say anything Nut, I just hope Curiouser is okay?

9 weeks today! Only one more week until I'm double digits. Still very sick.gif, don't know how I can get through another few weeks of this.

#70 Nut

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

Lauren - To the best of my knowledge, she is fine in the general sense original.gif

#71 Serenzy

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

Lauren, I hope you feel better soon. sad.gif

Appt went well, right on track and nothing exciting! And my manager rang and asked if I wanted the day off, wootwoot!

#72 *Moi*

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

Thanks Nut. original.gif

Glad your appt went well Serenzy, and how nice is your manager!

#73 Lickety Split

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

Hey there, can I join? My doctor confirmed that I am 4 weeks 2 days today  biggrin.gif Very early I know!

#74 Cantabile

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

I didn't get a chance to read it either. sad.gif But glad to hear she's "ok in the general sense".

Michelle - I want a manager that gives me a day off too, lol! 23 working days to go for me (I think??)

darlinglibby - welcome and congrats! original.gif

BBL.

#75 3cubs

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:50 AM

Re: curiouser123: yeah I noticed she was unregistered yesterday and wasn't sure what it meant at the time. Her birth story was still there at that stage. Wonder what on earth she would have done for that to have happened. Bad timing. I remember straight after birth etc. was a time I spent a lot of time on the baby forums etc. Oh well, never to worry.

Edited by harry2007, 03 June 2009 - 07:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.