403 FORBIDDEN - HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP please

15 replies to this topic

#1 maurie

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

I get this -

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.calisthenicsforum.com Port 80

when i go here -

http://www.calisthenicsforum.com/

Does anyone have ANY idea how to fix it?   It must be a setting on my pc because other people can get in.

#2 Natbub0610

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

I tried and got in ok.

Could it be it was temporarily out of order?

OR it's your Internet Security/Firewall settings.

OR do you need to update your web browser?

OR even if you bookmarked the page while you were logged in, some browsers clear settings and you have to re-enter password next time you access?

Sorry, not sure what to do to help exactly.

Good luck

Edited by Natbub0610, 21 May 2009 - 08:00 PM.

#3 maurie

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

Thanks natbub0610 for your reply, after lots of investigating, seems its our router that hates the site, can get in if I disconnect it - but that won't work cos we run a network at home   nno.gif

#4 Zeppelina

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:07 PM

Yes I know this is a MAJOR ZOMBIE THREAD but "Forbidden 403" keeps happening to me when I try to start a new topic, and since I can't start a new topic and can't send messages, this is the only way I could think of getting the message across.

Mods, there are quite a few of us having trouble starting topics or sending messages, getting a "Forbidden 403" message when we try. Could you please let us know what is going on and/or have the problem fixed? Thank you!

Edited by Zeppelina, 25 March 2020 - 12:08 PM.

#5 Sandra

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:17 PM

hi there

When starting a new topic were you trying to add in a copy paste to the message at all?

#6 Zeppelina

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:19 PM

View PostSandra, on 25 March 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

hi there

When starting a new topic were you trying to add in a copy paste to the message at all?

Thanks Sandra. Yes I did copy/paste two links.

#7 born.a.girl

View PostZeppelina, on 25 March 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

Yes I know this is a MAJOR ZOMBIE THREAD but "Forbidden 403" keeps happening to me when I try to start a new topic, and since I can't start a new topic and can't send messages, this is the only way I could think of getting the message across.

Mods, there are quite a few of us having trouble starting topics or sending messages, getting a "Forbidden 403" message when we try. Could you please let us know what is going on and/or have the problem fixed? Thank you!

I think there's a thread about it, or more than one!

I can't log in to forums without getting it, but if I click on a topic in 'we are discussing', I'm o.k.

I've also had it twice in PM as I've gone to reply to one, and lost my reply.

#8 ~Jolly_F~

It happening a lot to me. It’s random but annoying.

No copy and pasting.

Cleared the browsers over and over.

#9 Sandra

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:26 PM

View PostZeppelina, on 25 March 2020 - 12:19 PM, said:

Thanks Sandra. Yes I did copy/paste two links.

If adding a copy paste, place it in to notepad first,  then copy paste it from there in to your message and it will stop you getting the error message  :)

#10 Zeppelina

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:46 PM

View PostSandra, on 25 March 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

If adding a copy paste, place it in to notepad first,  then copy paste it from there in to your message and it will stop you getting the error message  :)
I just tried that I'm still getting the 403 message :cry:

#11 CrankyM

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:48 PM

I'm still getting it even if I copy and paste. It has started appearing if my reply is more then a paragraph long. So more then 7-8 sentences and then bam, forbidden 403. Cleared cache, pasted into notepad etc etc etc. It's incredibly frustrating.

#12 CrankyM

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:49 PM

View PostZeppelina, on 25 March 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

I just tried that I'm still getting the 403 message Posted Image

Have you tried only writing a short initial post and then adding more information in the next post? I discovered by accident the length of my posts, especially if they include quoting is what is setting it off here.

#13 lazycritter

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:54 PM

this happened to me just a couple of hours ago, seems ok now.

#14 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

I'm having constant issues like this on my phone with EB.

#15 Zeppelina

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:03 PM

View PostCrankyM, on 25 March 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Have you tried only writing a short initial post and then adding more information in the next post? I discovered by accident the length of my posts, especially if they include quoting is what is setting it off here.

Ok, I've got around it by posting a very short paragraph in my initial post, and then editing and adding the rest of what I wanted to write. Very frustrating!

Edited by Zeppelina, 25 March 2020 - 01:04 PM.

#16 purplekitty

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:30 PM

I've given up trying to post normally.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.