NT Police

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tkbw

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hi all,

Anyone affiliated in any way with the NT Police?

The other half has put in an application, and it would be great to touch base with others.

Cheers, Kathy

#2 looselipslou

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

I know one not very regular NT member is, so I'll just direct her to this thread.

I personally, will affiliate myself with anyone rofl.

#3 melliecat

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

Yeah huss that you are! roll2.gif

#4 beccit

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Sure I know a few coppers... not sure I can help but what do you want to know?

#5 tkbw

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Just wanting to hear from someone who knows what it's like to be part of the service in NT... and more personally, what the provided accommodation is like for a family.

I personally, will affiliate myself with anyone rofl.

Nice wink.gif

#6 *MuchTooYoung*

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:02 PM

OH I DO! and was GREEN with envy when i saw their house, which they live in rent free  ohmy.gif  original.gif  i'm not going to go into detail without her say-so, but if you pm me your email addy i bet she'd be more than happy to answer your questions?

#7 chipsy

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

HI there Kathy,

I am married to a NT police officer and have lived here for nearly ten years in a few different locations (Darwin, Katherine, Alice Springs and Hermannsburg (dont ask!)).

basically the standard of accomodation provided is fairly high, it hasnt always been but they are really trying to get people into nice houses to help stop the attrician (spelling?) rate. but that said it does depend a little on where your husband is first stationed as there is a shortage of rental accomodation NT wide so sometimes it is hard to source ideal houses.

overall though if eveything else looked like it would be good for your family then I wouldnt let the housing thing worry you as it is most likely to be good or better! and there are measures you can take if you feel like it isnt up to standard.

PM me if you like with any questions, good luck to your husband with his application!

#8 poudie

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

wow, I am only 2 and a bit years late to this post but I am excited to find it!
My husband has just appled to the NTPOL as well, so I was wondering how you went Kathy? And Chipsy I would like to ask you some questions about it as well if you are still around? Thanks guys!

#9 mumma-N

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

Poudie, Hi there. I am so glad you popped in, I have been lurking the net for NTPOL info myself. I have actually applied and have my assessments on 14 Jan in NSW. Im married, and have 4 children under 11 myself, and my hubby and I want to have a life change. I have done loads of research, we flew up for a week and spent time touring around the local communities interviewing police and locals to get a feel for the place. One thing they all had in common, native territorians and those who have migrated up from the south all said " I would never leave this place, or go back to Sydney, Melbourne,SA etc." so we were very happy with the response.

I have still done lots more research on NTPOL so if you want let me know and we will talk, perhaps your hubby and I will be training together, we are most excited about meeting new people and I think if we all get in we will meet at a recruit night out or something with our spouses. I have been in child protection in Sydney and Id like to see my past knowledge used well in the NT also.fingers crossed we all get past the line . Oh yeah , what state are you ??

#10 Bambi4242

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hi there my partner is a police officer in nz and he has just applied for the ntpolice I knw that we get accomdation do these houses come furnished or do we have to buy house hold items over there sounds like it would either be tennant creek or Katherine are there furniture shops over there or a good online place some one could put me onto and what are the schools like if any one could help this very nervous mum of 2 out would very much love any info possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.