Jump to content
should i go to hosp or wait for appn on tuesday?
2 replies to this topic
Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:01 PM
i'm pretty sure i have just miscarried at 7wks, went to the EPAU and had a scan on monday was supposed to have d&C done wednesday, but cancelled as my family talked me out of it...have been in pain and had heavy bleeding last 2 days (prior to that bleeding started last saturday and was spotting the week prior to that) i know it's not ectopic so i'm not concerned about that, just can't find any info on what to do after a natural miscarriage? should i go to emergency as the EPAU closes at 12 or do i just wait to see them for my appn on tuesday? i also have scans and blood tests booked for monday, should i cancel or still have them done? what would you do? if i go up to hospital i don't want to sit there for ages only to be told to go home and take panadol, rest up and come back on tuesday, yet over the phone they just said come in??? any thoughts?
Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:04 PM
I'm so sorry... If they have said over the phone to come in, then you should do that. If you have heavy bleeding, make sure you tell the triage nurse - you will not be left in the waiting room if you are bleeding.
My thoughts are with you...
Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:14 PM
Sorry about your M/C.
I had one a 6 weeks before i DD.
I elected to stay at home an see what happens.
I bled for about 10 days afterwards( quiet heavy and crampy first couple of days) and had a scan on day 9 just to make sure it was a complete m/c as i was still bleeding ( a complete is more common the earlier you are).
If it is an incomplete M/C you will probably need a D&C.
An alternative could be to see your GP if you don't want to wait in emerg or if your bleeding is really very heavy, go to the A&E.
I would still go to the scan on Monday as they can check the uterus and make sure there is no tissue left behind.
Hope this helps
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
Top 5 Viewed Articles