Our Family is Complete BG

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

Hi everyone.

Just thinking out loud on this really and looking to see who is interested.

After the recent closing of the Completed Families section I have started up a a couple of BG's where are a little slow (1 child families, 2 children families, 3 children families)

Sooo..... I am wondering if one Buddy Group would be better.

Whether you have 1 child or 4 if you family is complete then this Buddy Group is for you.

Come in and chat about anything.  (well almost anything  original.gif )

Anyone interested, post here if so.

Regards

Ali

#2 whatsonemore

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

Ok i will be the first to post that our family is complete for now this is not to say that once the kids are older that i won't look into fostering or Adoption but us having Bio children there will be no more.

Emily

#3 annodam

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

Edited by annodam, 17 May 2010 - 12:33 PM.

#4 BabyJoel

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

I'll swing the other way!

I used to ninja.gif the Completed Families area (just noticed that it has disappeared!) and wonder if there might be the most need for a seperate group for the parents of only children? Some of them have onlys by choice but there are many others who have completed their families at 1 child for reasons beyond their control and are still struggling that they will be unable to have more kids. Lots of issues there...... the completed families with '1' child would be living quite a different life to the completed family of '4' children IYKWIM. Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by BabyJoel, 05 June 2009 - 01:35 PM.

#5 ~A2~

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for everyone's posts so far.

I have started up threads for 1 Child, 2 Children and 3 Children families but they didn't get many posts in them which is why I posted here.

BabyJoel - I can find the link to the 1 child families if you want to start posting there, do you know other members who may be interested in it?

Will keep watching, everyone else seems to want to post in this thread, would that be right?  Happy to revive the 1 Child one and keep this one if that suits everyone the most.

Back soon

Ali

ETA:  I have bumped up the 1 Child families thread again.

#6 BabyJoel

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

Hi Ali,

As a mod, I can imagine it would be hard to work out where to place and what to call new groups, I don't envy your position!!

Hopefully (fingers and legs crossed) I won't need the support of the 1 Child only Completed Families Group but I know that I ninja.gif it heaps when TTC #2 and feeling emotional about having an only child but wishing things were different. I don't think the threads got much traffic but the Mums with 1 child only who did make it there gave really good advice on how they'd dealt with accepting the reality of having only one child, when for most of them the choice had been taken out of their hands. Of course, there are those like me who had one and were still trying for more and some Mums would no doubt not go back to the thread if they became pregnant but IMHO there's probably the most need for a place for the Mum's with just one. Whether they're there by choice or chance their lifestyles would be different to the majority here on EB who have 2 or more kids and I imagine they'd have lots of support/advice to give to Mums of other only children.

Just see if there's any more responses I guess?

Edited by BabyJoel, 06 June 2009 - 02:03 PM.

#7 whatsonemore

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

BabyJoal~As Ali said there is a thread that is set up for parents of only children as you are right it is different raising an only child compared to having 2 or 3 or more.
I suppose there is a difference to being complete by choice and complete by circumstance.

Emily

#8 JRA

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

I only just worked out that the forum I had subscribed was not appearing on my list. Hence I have not commented.

I think many in the one child families group may be similar.

I liked having a 1 child family group

#9 ~A2~

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

JRA - There is still a one child family group and a link was placed in the last thread in the Completed Families section, sorry if your notifications did not tell you it was there.

If you like I can pm members of the group and let them know although I am sure if they went back to the last thread they would know.

Regards

Ali

#10 whatsonemore

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

just bring it back to the first page incase anyone else would like tostart posting in this thread.

cheers Emily

#11 ~Tera~

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

Ive completed my family, after having 4 kids I made sure they fixed me when the bonnet was open.  biggrin.gif
Would love to find a nice group of people to chat to.

Im Teresa and Im a mum to 3 boys and a girl. We live in Sydney.

#12 city*reader

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

Another here who is finished.

DP and I have a nearly-three-year-old daughter.  I have had another child - who turns seven soon - but she chose to live with my ex and they don't live nearby so DD2 is basically an only child.  We're done with our family.  We live in Sydney.

I have the referral for a gynae for a tubal sitting on my desk waiting for our crazy Christmas plans to be done with (there might be only 3 of us - but DPs family is huge with a huge amount of little kids!)  so I can ensure no accidents mess things up wink.gif (unlikely though, given that I'm on depo which has always been failsafe for me).

Anyways just giving this thread a bump to see if anyone else is around.

#13 annodam

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, I'm still around.

I'm in Melbourne, have 2 kids - 8yo DD & DS who turns 1 on Friday.

#14 ~A2~

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hi everyone.

I realise this group is an old one but I am reopening it at a members request.

Please post and introduce yourself if the group is of  interest to you.

Regards

Ali

#15 ~mira~

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thanks Ali!

Hi all,

Im a 30 year old SAHM of 5! We are DONE! DH had the snip....so no more babies for us.

Would LOVE to connect with others out there who are all 'DONE'.

Mira X

#16 It'sStella

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hello - we are a completed family - I don't have a Buddy Group so would love to join in if possible.

#17 ~mira~

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Anyone?? sad.gif  Im surely not the ONLY ONE who isnt having anymore children??!! LMAO!

#18 Riversong

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hi, I'm Wendy and I have 5 kids between 19yrs and 3 months.
We're done! Mostly by choice partly for health reasons!

#19 ~mira~

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Stella 97 - Ooops, I mustnt have seen your post when I replied yesterday! Im not in any buddy groups either, so looking for a 'home' . Just never really feel like I 'fit' anywhere else at the moment. So this sounds good to me.

Hi Wendy! Yay to 5 kids! 3 month old baby, aweee, I bet you're just soaking it all in, lucky last bub & all original.gif

I feel like having babies/ttc/pregnancy  has been a part of my life for so long, that now Im feeling a little strange?? I dont want anymore children, but at the same time, its sort of like, well, now what? I am kept very busy, 3 in school, but I still wonder how long it will take me to move on from that mindset of having babies etc.

Im still breastfeeding our youngest, who is almost 16 months now - he is the oldest out of all the them to still be feeding. He still loves it, & Im in no rush to wean.

DH had the snip last June, it wasnt an easy descision, one that we ummed & ahhed over for a few years. I decided to use my head & not my heart. Right now we are in a small house, & adding more children just isnt practical. We dont live near family, so theres no daily/weekly support from them helping out. So it came down to both of us saying, its just too hard, we hardly have enough time for the older kids, & school work, outside activities, let alone fun all together time, so we dont need anymore kids. IF we waited til we get into a bigger house, it could be years, & ideally I wouldnt want a large age gap between the kids, so no more, all done!

I felt quite emotional the day we heard the results. Wow. So final. Now we are set to move again, into a smaller house ( crazy I know....its through DH's work, we will be paying minimal rent, while we rent out our house...pay off the mortgage, then buy a big house on big land... ) & its time to sort through things.....including the baby things!!

Ive been waiting for my brother to have a baby, as I really would love to help them out. We were the first out of both sides of the family to have kids, & have never had anyone to give us hand me downs, it has been pretty exy to buy everything....so Ive been holding onto these things in the hope of passing them along! DH's sisters have each other for that kind of thing...but Im waiting waiting waiting for my little bro to start his family! Theres minimal storage in the new house,what to do with all these teeny clothes?!

DD started highschool this year. Wow! Its a whole new era, we're both enjoying all the new things that go with it so far. She was feeling so sick of primary school, & feeling too 'mature' for the system there! DS2 also started kindy, thats been a big adjustment. He is a really loud full on boisterous, energetic kinda kid, who could be a bit of a handful, so having him at school 5 days a week has been so different. I had been busting for him to go, as some days I felt like I was going crazy, but now he is there, I feel a bit sad!! ( crazy isnt it?! ) He is growing up too.

Theres so many things Im looking forward to doing with my kids getting a bit older. Simple things like gardening,hobbies/craft, that I just havent been able to start, as theres always been a little baby/toddler around. DH is a cop, does alot of nighshifts, so its all over the place with when he is home. Im just flat out getting all the 'must-do' things done, without being able to start on something fun, just for me.

I havent worked in years, & thats another thing playing in the back of my mind. Should I work again? What would I do? It would have to be in school hours, never weekends, or holidays. Being at home can be isolating. Id like to go out & do something for a bit of money, to keep my mind busy, to be around other adults, & to have some variety in the monotony of motherhood. Having said all that, I dont want it to interfere with anything, & I never want to be 'too busy' to be there for the kids!! Something to think about anyway, Im in no rush, ideally when the youngest is in preschool/school.

Anyway, love to hear all about others & their lives original.gif

Chat soon,
Mira

Edited by ~mira~, 20 February 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#20 SummerStar

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

We would fit into this group too. We have 4 the youngest being 6months and we are done!
Have a referral for hubby to get the snip.
Love love love the baby stage and would have more of those but don't want any more kids (which of course you can't have them stay babies!)
I am also happy with our even number after being a family of 5 for 7.5 years adding another baby certainly was an adjustment!

#21 ~mira~

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Summerstar - Ditto! Love being pregnant ( I loved my belly, the whole thing...well mostly! ) And also just LOVE babies....always got me into have more- cluck cluck! But yes, dont want more 'kids' lmao!!! Good luck for DH, its a 'freeing' feeling I find. I hope it goes smooth for him, my DH had a rough time, wouldnt recommend it to anyone ( but he had some scar tissue around that area, so that didnt help! )  

Hope to chat more original.gif

#22 Grover16

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Thanks a lot!

#23 ~A2~

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hi all

Just checking in on a few groups to close a few that have become inactive.

Please post if you wish the group to stay open.

Kind regards

Ali

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.