FDC Chat #5

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#126 kell1974

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Im still here to, Ive been a carer or as it is now an educator for nealy 15 years. (wow has it changed over the years)

I do a communication book for each child but only do it once a fortnight as the parents arnt interested at all and never return them when i send them home.
The digital photo frames are a great way to show off the kids experiances day to day but i would be worried that the parents would stand for ages looking at it so i print off photos from time to time and put them on the board where my program plan is displayed.

How many kids are you all looking after over the holidays?
Ive got 4 pre schoolies/under and 1 schoolie im hoping for good weather because we will be spending alot of time at the park.

Are you all doing the ELYF program yet? and if so what are your thoughts. We have only had 1 inservice on it and im not to sure what its all about just yet.

Kell

#127 ChunkyChook

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

OMG! Have I been busy! I only work 3 days a week but I am full. I will be doing 5 days a week next year when my DD starts school.

I am doing my planning for this week with an Australian theme because of Australia day, might extend it to 2 weeks because I have a few ideas and not working 5 days.

How did you go over the holidays Kell?
I am still learning about ELYF, have alot of paprwork on it to read. I know what it stands for though! biggrin.gif

I am craving more room at the moment, I am in a 2 bedroom unit so things are getting squishy.

#128 ritten

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hi ladies,

was wondering if there are any ACT family day carers out there?

I have been looking into it a little, and it seems that you get paid an hourly rate by the scheme, sick leave, holidays, super etc...  they also will organise care for your kids if you are sick or on holidays etc.

just hoping someone has some experience with this scheme, and how well it works.

(I'm not looking at it for now (am currently preschool/kindy teacher) but am looking at it for futute when have own child)

Thanks!

#129 TAsAWY34

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

Hi i also found that here is a Childcare suppliers in Australia. I think this what you are looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.