70 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

New thread time ladies.

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=674231

#2 Keropi

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

GOLD!!!!

Hopefully I don't get gazumped while posting!

Nic - I can't believe it is taking that long!  Can you maybe keep calling once a week so they at least know you are wanting the spot.  Honey you sound exhausted!  How are things going with DH?  A couple of weeks should be good, I'm sick at the moment and keep knocking back work which is driving me nuts but what can I do if I'm not up for it!

Yes Gina where are you too?

#3 Keropi

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

Happy 1st Birthday Scarlett and Happy 21st Damien!!!

#4 ~JASB~

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

Ooh do I get to post Ping's news!!? eexcite.gif  I got the text first thing this morning - I'd been awake 5 mins, so this was lovely wake up news!!  I assumed most of you would have recieved the message too.

Ava Mei born 3:38am this morning.  Both mum and bub doing great!

wub.gif  babygirl.gif  bbabyflip.gif  hheart.gif

Congrats Ping wub.gif

#5 Nics

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

Congrats Ping - cant wait to hear all the news!

#6 Keropi

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

Congratulations Ping! - Beautiful, beautiful name.

#7 MichelleM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

Congratulations Ping and family on the arrival of Ava Mei!!  Love the name and also can't wait to hear everything!

#8 Keropi

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

So what is everyone up to?

You are all so quiet! Do I smell??

#9 ~JASB~

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

LOL Julie!  Sorry, I don't have much to say these days.  I mainly post in my TTC groups on EB atm, don't want to spill all that talk on you guys!

We're all ok here though.  I've had a busy week catching up with friends which has been nice original.gif  Babysat my friend's 3yo this morning, then made enchiladas for lunch when friend returned to pick her up original.gif

Boys are all well *touches wood*

waves.gif

Edited by ~JAS~, 12 June 2009 - 06:17 PM.

#10 MichelleM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

I'm here!!!  Like Michaela, I'm not really up to much therefore have nothing that interesting to write!!  Although Michaela, you know that if you ever wanted to talk about anything you can here!!!  I don't like to pry so I don't ask but honestly, let us know where you're up to with TTC cause I'm interested!!

Scarlett is being babysat by MIL for the first time for a few hours tonight while Brett and I go to the movies!  It'll be the first time she is looked after but some one other than Brett or I so I'm quite nervous although it's only for 3 hours max so I need to get over it!

Ah times up, Scarlett always seems to know when I get on here cause she just woke up!

#11 Keropi

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

Michelle - hope you enjoyed your outing!  How nice that your MIL babysat.  

Michaela - what Michelle said!  

Went to a friends house in Newcastle for yesterday afternoon, getting back this afternoon.  It was lovely!  Had a great time, kids were good.  Another close friend is moving her family up there too - it will be very, very weird!  No more coffee drop ins nno.gif
Just a quickie, I need to blow dry Aurora's hair.  Poor thing is getting an exzema flair up, weird cold/flu things are still going on in my house.  Very frustrating, but alas we aren't the only ones.  Can't sit at home forever and quite a few of our friends that went for dinner last night have been the same.  Never mind.  Have work 3 days this week so will be on tomorrow night.  Catch you all later. waves.gif

#12 ~JASB~

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

Awwww  hheart.gif  Thanks you two wub.gif
Michelle, any time you're interested don't be afraid to ask original.gif  I don't mind original.gif  I'm 10dpo today, tested BFN.gif this morning and got myself depressed about it *sigh*.  BUT it was only 10dpo after all, and only on a cheap not sensitive internet bought test.  So I shouldn't have tested really.  I shouldn't write this month off just yet, but it did put a downer on me this morning!

That's about it for now!

M

#13 micallep

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hi Girls, got home yesterday. Nice to come home, was getting bored and missing my family in hospital. Others would say I'm crazy for not taking more me time, could have stayed until tomorrow but I'm happy to be settled in at home now original.gif.

Labour was quick, drug free, no stitches or tearing. Got to hospital just before 2am, Ava was born @ 3.38am. 2nd stage labour was 8mins with min pushing, as soon as my waters broke my body took over and my little girl was coming OB or no OB LOL!

xxx

#14 FloralArrangement

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

Hi there

PING PING PING congrats and the most beaut name.

Sorry I have been MIA last week was one of sick family all of us. Robert finally broke through a top tooth what a drama that was poor bugger. He is in a VERY bab mood back to his normal smiley cheery self now.

Lily has growing pains and trouble makers as friends, I don't like 11 year old girls much they can be nasty. She has been a misery guts and taking it out on us.

Rose is okay. Daisy average. Tyler needs a holiday.

Pretty busy I am doing a course this week, trauma and children. I think about where my life is going and can see more clearly now. To hint my mum is a social worker.

Tyler had words with his father, very civilised. FIL said Robert "Wasn't his grandchild" (Fair enough, but sad) Tyler said never ever say that in front of him. FIL babbled some crap about how they were still getting used to us fostering. Such a pile of crap, like we needed to ask permission. We didn't ask permission to have our own children. They are just so not there but that is fine see them rarely now lol.

It is damp and cold here in Adelaide so haven't been to the van. Have made all new curtains for it and am going to make cushions.

Michaela i don't care if u spill your guts. I am happy to listen/read/talk on facebook etc.

Julie I have don't have any dropper inners anymore they all work or our friendships has broken up (differing values is what it boils down to and I don't like deliberate nastiness as a sport IYKWIM)

Gina

Edited by Daliro, 15 June 2009 - 10:53 AM.

#15 Keropi

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

First of all - welcome home Ping!

Secondly - cross fingers Michaela, you never know honey.

Thirdly - happy birthday to me, someone broke into my house while Damien was home sick, today!!! rant.gif Nothing was taken and nor was Damien in an aggressive situation.  Feeling pretty upset.  Bloody hell, I have always felt really safe where I live, friendly neighbourhood - lots of people home through the day.  Hell, the people across the street were outside gardening!

#16 FloralArrangement

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

That sux Julie horrible feeling I know. Our first home was broken into a few months after we moved in, Tyler disturbed them so we were lucky. Do you want Damien taken?

#17 ~JASB~

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

Oh bugger Julie!!  That's so annoying!  I remember when I was about 10ish our house was broken into - by our next door neighbour of all people!!  He was so skinny that he climbed in thru the cat flap wacko.gif  Over the road neighbour saw them, called the police and they were caught in the act.  It was horrible knowing some moron had been through our stuff.  hhugs.gif  I did giggle at Gina asking if you wanted D taken wink.gif

Gina, thanks original.gif  I'm feeling pretty weird about it all right now.  Just feel sick in the stomach about testing.

Ping, welcome home original.gif

M

#18 Nics

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

Jules - so what happened - did the intruder see Damien once inside?  Ohhh what an awful feeling....  luckily nothing taken but still - the attempt!  

Michaela - big hugs and best wishes....  this must be the worst part of the month for you  ssorry.gif

Ping - can we see a pic of your beautiful little girl??  How are J and S with her?  And Malcolm??  Hope you are keeping well and yes I think you are crazy coming out early!  I was begging for one more day (although I had to leave after 3 nights - 1 of those nights I was in labour  oomg2.gif )...  

Just thought id share a link to Ellie's naming day invite - one of the talented ladies here did it for me and gosh she looks adorable!

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh234/a...t=PsarasE01.jpg

Cant believe Im planning her 1st birthday!  Time does fly!  Expecting my ph call from Tresillian on Thursday so fingers crossed although she did sleep through last night  ddance.gif (Im not going to tell them that though just in case she reverts back whilst Im on the waiting list)  ddoh.gif

Gotta run - just realised I have to make a dash to the gp this week sometime - Ellie and Aiden are having their allergy testing done at RPA next week and we are supposed to have a referral from the gp - lucky they send reminder emails out  unsure.gif Going to get Aiden's 4 year old needles whilst Im there... AND if its still avail - I may as well get the free whopping cough vaccine - might be easier if Aiden sees mummy getting a needle first  dry.gif

#19 ~JASB~

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:27 AM

BFN.gif on the day that should have been an EDD for me sad.gif
I just want to cry today sad.gif  I miss my lost babies and I'm sick of TTC sad.gif

#20 FloralArrangement

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:04 AM

Michaela I am sorry  nno2.gif

Nic lovely invites I have mine all ready to go for Robbie. His party is on the 18th we have had namings for the girls on their first birthday we won't do that for Rob but will have the girls each say something about our darling boy. Maybe a poem about acceptance and looking outside the box you are in may be appropriate  roll2.gif My invites are leaflet size pale blue with a translucent sheet on top a star pin holding it together and a star punch through both layers.

So you didn't answr Julie did you want Damien taken.

Gina xx

#21 MichelleM

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

Michaela I'm sorry, I just want to give you the biggest hugs.  Be kind to yourself today.

Julie how worrying and Damien was very lucky that the theif wasn't nasty.  I know excatly how you feel aswell.  Our cars have been broken into 3 times this year, nothing stolen (they were looking for Brett's work keys) but I feel so targeted and our lovely little community that we live in is tainted.

Gina how sad that you in laws haven't been very accepting.  Your invites sound lovely as does the party with the girls all speaking, make sure you take plenty of pics and share them, I want a squiz!

Nic I love your invites too (Ellie is soooo cute!)!  Between you and Gina I feel so slack with Scarlett!  I've invited people over the phone and her party is 18 days AFTER her actual birthday as we were too slow oranising it!

Good luck for Thursday, hopefully they can get you in ASAP although wouldn't it be fab if Ellie makes a habbit of sleeping through between now and then!

Ping welcome home!  Your labour sounds wonderful and you sound so happy!  Please share some photos!

Nothing new here.  I have a mountain of washing I'm avoiding so probably should get on to that while Scarlett is asleep.

#22 micallep

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

Oh Nic, Ellie is just gorgeous!!! Anymore sleep throughs for her??

Michaela, big hugs for you. No doubt you miss your lost babies  cry1.gif, a big hug for all of them as well.

Julie, that's scarey. Glad Damien is ok.

I've just popped a few pics of Ava on facebook.

xxx

#23 FloralArrangement

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Ping she is marvellous and your two other beauties take my breathe away. xx

#24 ~JASB~

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

Ping, I already replied to your photos in FB.  She's just beautiful, seriously beautiful wub.gif

Thanks girls for thinking of me on Tuesday.  Wasn't the best day, but I'm doing much better now.  My day is about to get really exciting ...

RELLE IS ON HER WAY HERE!! eexcite.gif  ddance.gif

I didn't even know they were in the country till she rang this morning to ask what I was doing today roll2.gif

#25 Nics

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

Michaela - glad you are feeling a bit better.. honestly I have no idea what to say other than it sucks  ssorry.gif  really and truly sucks.....  2 1/2 years of TTC - geez Im not sure Id have your strength  nno.gif  but in the end it will be worth the long wait and all the heartache but Im sure you realise that  tthumbs.gif  and a big hello to Relle too!  Where on earth has she been???

Ping - yes we had 2 sleep throughs this week but unfortunately it just doesnt last or remain continuous  cry1.gif  but there is light at the end of the tunnel - Tresillian phoned today for our "phone chat"  and we are booked in 15th July for a 4 night stay  ddance.gif  yes its still a few weeks off but I am also on the cancellation list....  The 15th July actually works in really well for us considering its school hols - DH will have time off work and spend it with the boys so all in all its a win win situation.  The lady could hear the desperation in my voice and delved into some of the other "issues" surrounding Ellie  unsure.gif  

Anyway feeling much better after that - I can cope for another 3 weeks knowing there is help on the way....  

We were at the gp this morning - Aiden had his 4 yo needles and was great!  I had the whopping cough vaccine (and I was very brave too  tongue.gif ) and we got our referrals for our allergy tests next week at RPA  oomg2.gif  god I hope Aiden has better results than last time...

OK whingey baby ready for bed!  Catch up soon
xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.