Grad Mums #21

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#151 darnie

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

Hey girls!

Just a quickie from my blackberry! Very hard to type with this tiny keyboard and screen. Had a good day. Girls were fabulously well behaved. All very tired.We made it to Tasmanian TV by coming in at the same time as a senator! Lovely shot of Erin turning around and staring at the camera!

I hope that all of the sick babies and adults are getting better.

Bette go.
Take care,
Deanne.
PS I LOVE Hobart! wub.gif

#152 *Caro*

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

oh Deanne, I love Hobart too  wub.gif Have fun at the markets tomorrow.  And eat lots of yummy seafood! Ad go and throw snowballs on the mountain.  And get some icecream from Sticky Fingers. And lie on the grass in the sunshine in St David's Park.  God, I'm so jealous!!!  rolleyes.gif

#153 Marvel

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

I have never been to Tassie - I think I need to go  yyes.gif

#154 beaglebabe

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

Where are you all?  Did you all run off to Tassie with Deanne???

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend original.gif

Will try and get back tomorrow for a proper post.

#155 *Caro*

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

I'm still here Michelle.  wwhistle.gif  Gus has a cold and is veeeery clingy.  Poor bubba - hope he doesn't get another ear infection  unsure.gif

DH is about to shoo me off to bed.  We keep going to bed at 11:30pm and then waking up exhausted  wacko.gif So he is enforcing an early night!

till tomorrow, dudes!
xx

#156 Nut

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

I am still here. Still feeling like crap. Have had a cough for about 2 weeks now and it's starting to hurt.

Have put of Alex's needles again for the 5th time I think. He's still got a stuffy nose too and I want him to be 100% before making him feel terrible again.

#157 sot

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

I'm here, considering whether Im going to get sick or not....  Fingers crossed for not.  James is sick and has had a puffy eye, poor little thing couldn't see out of it, hopefully it is getting better.

I'm off to bed too, as work tomorrow,

Talk later

Peta

#158 ~strawberry~

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

William has a ruptured ear drum, and the other one is bulging. Poor little tike hasn't been too happy this weekend (though his version of unhappy just means difficulty sleeping, otherwise you would't know there was anything wrong!). So he's now on the same medication (and same dose  tongue.gif ) that Ella has just been on for her ear infection.

Peta - can I recommend you not getting sick? Probably the better option... I hope James improves quickly.

Nic - I think you're doing the right thing putting off the needles as long as necessary, some things really aren't worth risking.

Caro - Did you try the muffins yet?

Michelle - Yep, we've all been to Tassie and left you behind  tongue.gif  Just kidding! It seems like we are all still sick  sad.gif  I have found most of my voice finally! Yay!

Darnie - Hope you've had a good weekend in Tassie original.gif

#159 Barky

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:50 AM

Morning all,

Not in Tassie either but have had a very full on weekend so we are all buggered.
We went to Mums farm on Saturday after first attending a birthday party in Canberra so got there about 4:30. Then on Sunday we drove to wagga for a christening and then shad to sign house contracts at 1:30 and get back for the after christening party. We then had to travel 2 1/2hrs back to Canberra so got back last night at 8pm. The kids went straight to bed the poor things, they were so exhausted.. Managed to get to bed by 9 so don't feel too bad atm. Will post a pic of the cake I made for my cousin later.  The main thing out of the weekend was signing the contracts so there is no going back now lol.

Jo- sorry to hear about WIlliams ruptured ear drum. Poor little mite. Sounds like he is a trooper though. Hope he is on the mend.

Peta- How are you feeling today?

Nic- There seems to be a bad cold circulating atm. I hope you are getting some rest.

CAro- Poor Angus. Dif you get a good nights sleep?

HI to everyone else waves.gif

#160 shelly1

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

I am still here. I have had 2 sick little girls during the week and a very busy weekend.

Nothing interesting really going on. I should be outside doing some gardening but it is too cold and rainy and I will wait for the weather to fine up. Well thats what I tell myself everytime I go to start it - If we hadnt blown a heap of money on my still broken car I would have hired someone to come and do it! (yep still not quite over it LOL)

I hope all the sick bubba's are feeling better soon and all the mums are getting some sleep.

Nic - Have you been back to the doctor. My girlfriend who had a baby 2 weeks before Jade ended up with pluresy(sp) during her pregnancy and had that painful cough you are talking about so it might be worth having it checked out again.

#161 madkat

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

Mainly lurking atm.

Got an email from NatB to say that Daisy will be Miss February in next year's ABA Calendar. Very excited to hear that original.gif Guess that means my left boob will also be Miss February  tthumbs.gif

Am shipping the older two off to the grandparents next week for four days. Looking forward to my 'time off' (so much easier with one!!)

We've got snots here, but otherwise healthy. Hope everyone else is feeling better/staying well.

So much housework to do, but keep getting distracted by the net...

#162 Marvel

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:45 AM

I'm still around, just stuffed from the weekend  yyawn.gif

Went to a ball on Saturday night and got home a 1am, and then had 2 hours drill practice for Edinburgh yesterday... Haven't even had time to write in my EB diary!!  ddown.gif

#163 Nut

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

Shelly - I haven't gone to the doctor yet. Cancelled my appointment for the time being and giving myself a few extra days.

I have had pleurisy before and believe me, you know about it. It's not that kind of pain thankfully, just more the muscle ache from coughing so much.

I think it's starting to dry up now and my breathing is not wet or rattling. Less mucus coming up too, so hopefully we're heading to the end of it.

MadKat - Aww that's lovely!!!

I should go see why Alex is squealing in his bed. He probably did a poo...

#164 *Caro*

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

Grrr.  So much for the terrible twos.  Zahra breezed thru 2, but since turning 3 has turned into a devil child!  We had a shocker of a night last night, mainly because Angus is sick, but also because the girls were very needy for some reason. So all a bit tired and grumpy today.  Poor Angus is desperately tired from being sick and losing sleep last night, but he soldiered on thru Zahra's gymnastics, and having a babycino with her friend afterwards.  So we come home and change him, feed him and finally get him to much-needed sleep - and then Z goes and has a tantrum and deliberately screams outside his room and wakes him up!!  aannoyed.gif  Not happy Jan!

But from her perspective, at least she has a playmate for lego now  ddoh.gif

Madkat, that is great about the ABA calendar!

Winter lurgies are a doozy, huh?  Everyone seems to be sick lately! Oh well, only 2 more months of winter...  wink.gif

#165 wrappedup

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

Go Bron's boob!  And Daisy original.gif

Apparently swine flu is fairly rife in Jindabyne and a friend in Canberra is having her son tested today. Both my babies now have big coughs and Josie had a touch of one this morning but I sent her to school as she wasn't ill as such (and she has an excursion). Man I'd feel bad if it turned out my kids had it and were spreading it around...

Nut, so sorry to hear you are so unwell.  So hard when you're really pg!

BBL.

#166 laraq75

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

Hi girls,

I am around as well.  We had Audrey's birthday party on the weekend and had about 25ish kids here.  Not sure how many because I didn't count them.  It was a great day but I was exhausted after preparing for two days before hand.  It is actually her birthday today and she's at daycare.  Probably resting from such a big weekend.

Sam - I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Audrey has a nasty cough today as well and she went to daycare.

Caro - so far i love three much better then two.  Two was a nightmare for us.  I will let you know how Audrey progresses.

hugs to all

Lara

#167 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hi everyone!
Caro: Don't mean to tell you this but 3 was so much harder than 2 for Jack, and i have this thing about 2nd children, in my experience they always seem to be more work than 1st children! Now that Jack is 4 he is doing so much better, i could even say great!! Poor Angus he always seems to be getting something.

Lara: Well i hope that Miss Audrey had a lovely birthday and gets lots of special attention today at daycare.

Bron: The photo, is it the one as your proile picture on facebook? If yes i love that photo.

Shelly: So what did you end up deciding to do about your car? We have always been a 2 car family and even though DH's car is now an official work car, i could never live without my car, but DH is a tradesman and works everywhere and early hours so it would never work for us with just one!

Eileen: Aren't you feeling special!! Did you see your own thread! That means things are really happening now!

Peta: Did you end up getting sick or not!!?? Hopefully not!

Jo: Ouch poor William that would be quite painful  sad.gif

Deanne: If you are reading this, how long are you in Tassie for?

Anne: You've been quiet lately aswell, is everything ok? Did you end up taking Clare to the doctor about what you were mentioning aweek or so ago?

Michelle/Anne: how are all your plans and sewing coming along?

Us: Well our house exchanged contracts last week, and i am so excited! DH cleaned out his garage yesterday and we took 3 trailer loads (massive, trailer with big cage) of crap to the tip, i was so proud of him though he was being really tough with himself and throwing so much sh*t!! We also had a fair bit of other junk laying around, like broken swing set, old futon frame etc and we rang Ezyscrap and they are coming to collect it for free tomorrow and we didnt even have to dismantle the swing set!  ddance.gif  Even though all this stuff wasnt in the house around me, i still feel like a huge weight of clutter has been lifted from my shoulders!
Our settlement date is the 7th August so thats approx 6 weeks!

And Max is going guns with his crawling! He has made it into every room in the house now! he still mostly goes commando, every now and then he'll get up and crawl the right way then realise its quicker to go back to commando!

waves.gif Hello to everyone else!

Edited by boymakingmachine, 29 June 2009 - 06:48 PM.

#168 Barky

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you all know about my farewell dessert night which you are all invited to. It is at Amandas house 7:30pm the 10th July. Babies are welcome. PM Amanda for her address if interested.

Lol Leonie I do feel special!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.