Grad Mums #21

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#51 ~strawberry~

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

I need some advice, can't get to the doctors until around lunchtime tonorrow.

My left (.) is really sore and has been for hours, W has fed from it several times, including a big feed but it's still very painful. I can't feel any lumps. I also have a temp (only up to 39.3) and fluey (?) aches and pains. I am getting over a cold but still have a bad cough and not much voice.

I'm scared it might be mastitis, but then there is no lump...  shrug.gif  Any ideas?

**Crossing fingers that the usual EB tradition of posting about something makes it go away**

#52 samagard

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

No idea purpleoj. Hopefully you can some answers soon, sounds painful.

#53 Puggle

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

Doesn't sound like much fun Jo. Have you tried our old friend Kellymom?

ETA: just a thought and it might be a dumb one, but was William sitting any differently against you today in the Ergo, especially while you were sitting? Could he have been putting pressure on your breast?

Edited by Puggle, 18 June 2009 - 11:09 PM.

#54 ~NatB~

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

Sorry lurker posting ph34r.gif

Jo better to be safe than sorry...hot compress and when William feeds from  you next make sure he feeds with his chin towards the sore spot..so that may mean changing position to how you normally feed. Keep up the panadol adn the fluids and rest till you can see the doctor. Does it feel hot where the pain is??? if so my guess would be mastitis....but you may be in the early stages.

Bowing out quietly now waves.gif

#55 *Caro*

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

ditto to what Nat said (hi Nat  waves.gif )

Also, Jo, a hot shower before a feed will help get the milk to flow and make it easier for william to drain the boob.  you could try expressing too - hand or pump.

is the whole boob sore or just one spot?

#56 Puggle

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:43 AM

How are you feeling this morning Jo?

#57 darnie

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

Jo: I hope you are ok today. It sounded like mastitis to me, too, but I would only be guessing because I have never had it. Nat's advice sounded pretty spot on. Good luck with the doctor. hhugs.gif

#58 beaglebabe

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:07 AM

Jo - the others have given you good advice. I hope it has resolved overnight and you are feeling better this morning, but even if it is feeling better I'd suggest keeping the doctors appointment to see whether you can get a script incase it flares up again over the weekend - these things always seem to choose weekends.

waves.gif Nat

Caro - you always make me laugh. I tried convincing DH that he should give up alcohol while I was pregnant, but he didn't seem to think that was reasonable.  Instead, we went to Italy, where he indulged in wine, soft cheese, and deli meats, and I sat and watched him.... I think I need to go back to Italy when I'm not pregnant. Best of luck to your DH today - and I hope you enjoy walking in the door tonight - make sure you sigh and say how exhausting your day has been before asking what's for dinner  Tounge1.gif

Anne - Lily's photos are on NatB's webiste - www.nataliebicephotography.com. You can also admire Lucia and Angus in the photos on her title bar  original.gif

Weight - I'm having the opposite problem in that weight is starting to fall off me.  Same thing happened when Toby was six months. So I'm using that to justify the large amount of chocolate I am consuming  wwhistle.gif

#59 ~strawberry~

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the advice. I am feeling much better this morning, my temp is back to normal and (.) is not so sore. I will keep my doctors app at lunch time. Apart from the sore (.) it feels very much like when I had tonsillitis (William was one month old and the doctors first thought then was Mastitis...)

#60 shelly1

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

And three kids in four years and you can jump on a trampoline? Kudos to your pelvic floor wink.gif.

LOL. My physio gave me a fantastic book when I was pregnant with Jade as I had a few problems after Maddy. I might have to take the trampoline test LOL.

Jo - I hope your feeling better. It is hard to tell if it is mastitis as there are so many cold and flu bugs around at the moment.

Michelle - I cant believe you did a trip to Italy when you were pregnant - it must have been torture.

Well I better make it quick - Jade is about to wake up and for some reason the male puppy keeps whinging at me so I better see what his problem is  tongue.gif

#61 Marvel

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

Quick posting question:

Under your username and above the number the amount of times you have posted: How do you change what is written there???

#62 ~strawberry~

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

mishy - under personal settings, edit my profile, your member title.

You girls are clever. I do have mastitis, and now have antibiotics to take. Going to go and rest now.

#63 Marvel

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

Thanks!! All fixed now!!

Have a good rest - a big long one!

#64 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

waves.gif
Hello!!
I have been suffering withdrawl symptoms! Our computer is dead dead dead  cry1.gif ! i am so not used to not having a computer! Everytime i feed Max now i hop into bed coz i just dont know where else to feed him!! I usually feed him while i sit at the computer!! It has been sent off to yass for my SILs DP to fix! Hopefully!Now im just scared that ill lose everything on it! The amount of times we have said "we need to back up all the photos...."!
So im at mums doing all the stuff i havent done in a few days, EB, email netbank etc!!

Jo: Hopefully the antibiotics are making you feel better already!

Tanya: I went on Nat Bs website and Lilys photos are just beautiul!!

Caro: I hopeyou enjoyed your 'being the man' day!! Was the house clean, children bathed and dinner ready for you when you got home  tongue.gif !!

Anyhow i could take for ages however max is whinging (tooth #2 has just emerged!) and i think i've used my selective hearing for long enough and should go take him off mums hands!!

have a great weekend! Dont do any more desserts or gtgs without me!! Or text message me if you do, coz i probably wont be back to mums till tuesday!!

waves.gif

#65 wrappedup

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

Jo - Hope the a/b kick in quick. I've had mastitis quite a few times, it's horrible sad.gif

Caro - How did dh go today? Once dh went part-time after Lulu I loved my "dad" day. Everyday will be like that when I go back and dh becomes a SAHD original.gif

My eldest has gone off to camp this weekend, she didn't get to school Mon-Thurs but bless the power of a/bs she was so much better today! Summer is still unsettled after her needles poor baby.  There'll be lots of hugs over the weekend...

#66 Puggle

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

Jo I hope you are feeling better. I've never had mastitis (touch wood) but I imagine it is pretty awful.

Sam, I hope Charlie has a great time at camp. Is it through Brownies/Guides? I also hope Summer is feeling better after her imms.

Caro, how was your day?

Leonie, I hope you have your computer back soon and all your photos are OK.

Eileen, how is the packing going?

Lara, I take it Audrey must have either just had a birthday or has one coming up?

I am feeling very frustrated because I cannot find one part of my flower yoyo maker! It was here just two days ago and has disappeared off the face of the earth. I hope my environmentally aware 3 yo hasn't recycled it. I made a cup of tea the other day, then couldn't find the lid for the milk so asked Claire if she had seen it and she retrieved it from the recycling bin. You have to be quick around here!

I have a question to ask. Claire has been toilet trained for some months now, but lately she has been having accidents. Yesterday and today she wet the bed during her nap, despite me taking her to the toilet just prior to her nap. There was even a poo in the bath incident (during dessert night  ddoh.gif) even though she had been on the toilet and instructed to try to do a poo not five minutes earlier. We've also had to put her back on Parachoc to help with some poo issues. I've been wracking my brain to try and work out what has instigated this regression and the only thing I can think of is that she had a very bad cold a few weeks back. Should I be considering things like a UTI? She hasn't complained of any discomfit while urinating. ETA: she is also quite upset when it happens, so it doesn't seem to be deliberate, just that she is not realising the signals until far too late. I'm going to take her to the GP next week about an unrelated issue so will ask while there, but figured some of you more experienced mums might have some words of wisdom.

Both my girls are very restless tonight.

Edited by Puggle, 19 June 2009 - 10:17 PM.

#67 ~NatB~

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Jo - Glad you are now on AB's...hope you are feeling better soon.

waves.gif Caroline and Michelle how are those gorgeous babies doing??

eta - Anne it is not uncommon for them to go backwards after a while. Just go back to basics again with undies and timing. She may have been in a deep sleep when she wet the bed. She will be back on track again soon.

Ok really going now.....

Edited by ~NatB~, 19 June 2009 - 10:49 PM.

#68 *Caro*

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

Anne, can't help with the TT issue, sorry  unsure.gif

Jo, I'm pleased you are on the mend.

My day at work was good! I even managed to go the pub with my team for half an hour this arvo  tthumbs.gif  I would never normally do that, I'd feel too guilty about leaving them  kids at childcare, but I knew they were home and happy with DH so I went without guilt!!   tongue.gif  DH is pretty stuffed tonight, but otherwise it went well.  Angus only had one bottle, so I was able to freeze another of EBM - I think they offer bottles too freely at childcare  dry.gif  ddown.gif  

Sam, you have to love the power of Abs!  yyes.gif

#69 darnie

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

Anne: Erin did a similar thing with toilet training at the beginning of last year; mainly with wees, not poos. She had been toilet trained for about 9-10 months, and started having accidents - mostly during her sleep, but sometimes while awake as well. With the help of Dr Google ddoh.gif rolleyes.gif I was convinced that she either had some nasty illness or I had emotionally scarred her for life somehow. It turned out to be neither. It was perfectly normal, and she grew out of it. We did work out that it started about when she started 3 yr old preschool, so she was more tired than normal. We decided that could mean that she was sleeping more heavily and she couldn't wake herself up as easily. Erin used to get upset when it happened too. That worried us at first, because we never, ever, growled at her for having an accident and couldn't understand why she would get so upset. We decided that, in her case, she just likes to please and she felt as though she was letting us down because she knew that it wasn't what was expected. We just reassured her, cleaned it up without a fuss and it all came good. She still occasionally has accidents - during the day mostly - but that is because she is too worried that she will miss out on something to drag herself off to the toilet laughing2.gif I am sure that it is just a stage with Claire and it will sort itself out yyes.gif hhugs.gif Oh, and yes, Erin's bed-wetting did used to happen regardless of whether we took her to the toilet before bed.

Gotta go. I need my beauty sleep.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Deanne.

PS: Jo, I am glad to hear you've got to the bottom of it and are on the mend.

Edited by darnie, 20 June 2009 - 12:28 AM.

#70 Puggle

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

... she was more tired than normal. We decided that could mean that she was sleeping more heavily and she couldn't wake herself up as easily.

This could well be it. She's not been sleeping well lately and in addition to that wakes up quite early too and come and climbs in with Lauren and I (usually waking Lauren up in the process  aannoyed.gif)

And while on the subject of poor/too little sleep, I'm off to bed. Obviously didn't get there before my self imposed curfew tonight blush.gif.

#71 Puggle

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

Another rotten night with Claire. I wish I knew what was going on with her.

#72 wrappedup

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:55 AM

Anne, sorry to hear you had a bad night  nno2.gif Hope you can have a quiet one today. And yes, Charlie and Josie are Junior Guides. This camp is a skills one so only a certain number of girls were asked to attend as they will be working to get their first camping badge wnhich they need to have in order to go to Musterette (big camp for 8-10 yr old girls) later this year. Guides is perfect for Charlie because they let her be herself there - loud, active etc.  And apparently she is brilliantly behaved on camp  wub.gif last time she even got the helper award.  Josie will start camping later this year we hope.  

So nice to only have one soccer game today (plus photos beforehand), we don't have to leave the house til 8.50am rather than 8am!

BBL.

#73 jomicabi

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

Anne I would get Claire checked for a UTI just to rule it out. Abi was having accidents after she had been TT for about 6mths. She had no other symptoms which really surprised me because UTI's are nasty.

cheers
Narelle

#74 samagard

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

Because I didn't want to feel left out, I thought I might develop mastitis  cry1.gif
Cant get an appointment till 4pm. Never had this with Sienna. Sore boob, headaches, high temp and uncontrollable shaking is not fun. Called post natal last night, but there isn't much improvement. No baby and kids market for me and i feel like throwing up each time I have some water ddown.gif

#75 laraq75

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

Samantha - I had mastitis 3 times in the first 5 weeks after Angus as born and then twice after that. So far I haven't had it for a while now.  It is not pleasant at all.

Jo - sorry to hear you mastitis but good that you go on it before it got really bad.

Anne - sorry I didn't see your question before.  Yes Audrey turns three on the 29th of June.  I can't believe i will have a three year old soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.