Grad Mums #22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

#1 Nut

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

Link to previous

Might want to post the details again Eileen, sorry original.gif

Amanda, could you PM me your address please?

#2 Barky

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

lol it always happens to me....

Details: Dessert night for my farewell 10th July 7:30pm at Amandas house. All invited. PM for address

#3 mum*of*two

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

All you lovely ladies are most welcome to come along and farewell Eileen on the 10th of July (7:30) at my place.  Bubbies most welcome too.  PM me for an address.  Take care.  

Amanda original.gif

#4 Puggle

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

Did somebody say dessert?

#5 beaglebabe

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:38 AM

Little Miss Random strikes again!  Lucia has been waking 3-4 times a night for feeds (going 4 hours max between feeds).  It's now 3am and she has been asleep since 7.15pm!  So I am awake expressing my watermelon boobs.

She's coughing heaps though, and I can't decie whether I should wake her to feed her or not.  Normally I'd just go back to bed and take the chance that she'd wake as soon as I fell back asleep.  But I don't like the sound of the cough, and feel like perhaps I should wake her to make sure she is ok.

Not quite awake enough for proper personals (although I should probably take the opportunity, as it's my best chance of uninterrupted EB time!), but will say a big congratulations to Leonie on the house!!!!

Hmmmm, she hasn't coughed for a while now.... back to bed I go?

#6 wrappedup

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:13 AM

How did you go Michelle?

3 of 4 kids sick here. Big bad coughs. School holidays start next week so don't think the big kids will miss much by staying home.  Think we'll have a PJs day original.gif

Anne  roll2.gif

#7 darnie

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hi all! Well my home sickness for Tasmania has been cured. I am at the inlaws. I meant to say to FIL in a nice voice "actually erin wasn't anywhere near that thing when it fell off the buffet" what I actually said in a raised grumpy voice was "she was nowhere near it. I was there and she wasn't. Don't make assumptions!" oops. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

On a funny note... Sam I hope you don't mind me telling this story. I just loved erins interpretation of the English language.

One kid at preschool has a little sister called alice. Another Has a little sister called summer who is absolutely adorable.

Me: so is it x or y who has the sister called Alice?

Erin: X. And C has a sister called Sunshine.

Me: I thought C's sister was Summer.

Erin: oh yes. Yes. It is. Like in (breaks out in song) we all live in a yellow Summerine.

Me: I thought so!

#8 wrappedup

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

Deanne that's too cute.  I just love that people ask me how to spell Summer. Like I picked a far out name or something LOL.  I actually really like Sunshine, I might call Summer that as a nn  biggrin.gif

#9 Marvel

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Kids are great aren't they??

I think I have to get DS1 to have a few play dates with your kids - he is in an early intervention preschool class and is doing speech therapy, he has come forward in leaps and bounds, but he starts proper preschool next year and I would like to build up his other-child-interaction a bit more. And with some of the stories that float around on this thread, I can't think of better role models!!

#10 darnie

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

Mish: What a lovely thing to say about our kids! wub.gif I've been thinking about having a mums/dads/bubs thing at our house but haven't planned it yet. Maybe I might wait until the weather is a bit warmer.

DH has his laptop going, so I have jumped on for a second.

I probably should go.

Take care all!

Cheers,
Deanne.

Sam: You could always call Summer "Little Miss Sunshine" grin.gif Erin sometimes gets "Little Miss Chatterbox" tongue.gif I can't believe that people ask you how to spell Summer rolleyes.gif Maybe they are thinking Sommer or something?

Better go. DH wants his laptop back.

Have a great day!

#11 beaglebabe

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

Ahhh, I'm so busy!  I never seem to get time for a proper post anymore  sad.gif   I think I need to go back to work so I can get some toddler-free internet time!

Deanne - Hope you are surviving the inlaws!  And that Erin hasn't been accused of breaking anything else.

Mish - I'll put my hand up to have another get-together at my place in a few weeks time - probably the first week of next term.  I'm in Watson though, so a bit of a drive for the southsiders.  I also meant to reply to your post about sewing ages ago, but kept forgetting.  I'm happy to have a sewing morning and give you a bit of a lesson.  I've got a basic pants pattern that I taught Jo - it would be good for your boys as you can do trackies, cords, shorts etc from the one pattern.

Sam - Lucia slept til almost 5am the other morning!!!  Almost 10 hours - only the third time ever that she has slept that long.  Of course, she truly is Little Miss Random, as last night she was awake after barely two hours in bed.  Ah well, I'm sure I'll get to sleep through the night again sometime this decade!  Toby, on the other hand, has slept through five of the last six nights - which I think is a record since Lucia was born.  How's Summer doing with solids?  I've been slack on the baby led weaning and have been doing mostly purees with Lucia.  But I gave her some pumpkin cubes last night, and a piece of avocado, and she did well with that (although I suspect the dog ate most of it, as she kept dropping it on the floor).

Amanda - count me in for dessert (and congratulations on starting your first ever EB thread!).  I'll PM you later for address details.

Leonie - Congrats again on the house!  You'll have so much fun setting up bedrooms for each of the boys.  Has you DH got plans to paint the new house?  Sewing is going well, although the kids haven't really been cooperating.  But I think I will be ready for our first markets.  I'm going to be a good girl though, and stop talking about it on here, so that Nut doesn't have to put on her mod hat  wwhistle.gif

Caro - My DSS was quite an easy two-year-old, but a much more difficult three-year-old.  It was like he learnt to throw tantrums overnight. It lasted about six months, and then he got a lot eaiser again.  Although a almost ten, he still throws quite spectacular tantrums on occassion!

Lara - Glad Audrey had a nice birthday  original.gif

Peta - did you end up getting sick?

Nut - are you any better yet?

Jo - how's William?  Poor little thing with such bad ear infections - even if it only seemed to bother him at night.

Eileen - How long until the move now?  I loved the Christening cake pic on FB - so cute!

Shelly - What's happening with the car?

Bron - Yay to making Miss February!  How exciting!

Toby's language is coming along so quickly at the moment - he is soaking up everything he hears, and it comes back in the funniest ways.  This morning he was trying to 'help' me eat my cereal, by shoving sultanas in my mouth.  I told him that I was a big girl, and would eat it myself, to which he replied "And I will be so impressed Mummy!".  And when Dh went to get him up this morning he said "I need to go and see Mummy because she is my best friend"  wub.gif

And Miss Lucia was seven months yesterday, and is currently working her way around the floor.  She's worked out how to move backwards a bit, and she's using her legs alot to pivot her body around, but hasn't quite worked out how to move herself forwards, or to pull up on her knees.

Michelle

#12 Nut

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

Michelle - Kind of. Had a nasty episode the other night which left me unable to breathe properly for over 2 hours. GP told me to take panadine to help me get some rest and suppress the cough, but my lungs are over all clear. So now I am mostly exhausted and still coughing but getting there.

Anne - What's the go with the Tupperware???

Also is everyone too tupperwared out yet? My sister is having a party next week and I will book a party from hers if others still want to get things.

#13 sot

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

Michelle - How cute of Toby, that is so sweet.

Nut
- You poor thing, I hope you get better soon

Leonie - YOu must be getting so excited about the house, it will seem like forever until August.  I hope you found some boxes

Shelly - how did you go with the car?

Deanne - Sometimes stern words are appropriate rather than being nice and pleasant all the time.

Sam - You will have to decorate Summer's room in yellow with all this talk of sunshine.

Amanda - Count me in for dessert. Are you making that yummy thing you made for Annes?  Did you end up posting the recipe?

Anne - How's Lauren going with her weight

Caro - Poor Angus, it is really sticking around isn't it.  I hope he gets better soon

Tanya - Thank you for the yummy giraffe cake at Riley's party, it was so cute to see Lily and her other baby friend, they are so little

Jo - How are you going?

Bron - Miss Feb, will have to look out for the pic.  It's on facebook someone said?

Mish - gtg are great to meet everyone and put a face to the names.

Ok better go, James just face planted and is not happy.  I sort of got sick but not too bad, so not really, thanks for asking,

Peta

#14 mum*of*two

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

Good to hear some of you can make it next Friday, the more the merrier!  

Peta - Yep was gonna do the Toberlone/Baileys chocolate pots again... they are dead easy, figure that will give me more time to get the house in a reasonable state for visitors!  Just gotta find the recipe again, I googled it somehow! tongue.gif  Will post later  

Eileen - hope all is going ok with the packing etc... let me know if you need anything.

Anne & Michelle - hope all goes well on the weekend!  Forecast looks like it will be a nice but coolish day so rug up! Will try to get out and say hello.  

Deanne - I have no idea how you do full time work and kids as well!  Am back at work four days for a couple of weeks and it is killing me, my brain just doesn't work any more!  Hope you enjoyed Tassie.  

Nic Its hard enough being preggers with a little one, never lone being sick as well.  Hang in there, and hope you get on top of things very soon!  Hope being unwell hasn't impacted on the GD too much.

Can't keep up with all the personals!  Please don't think I'm rude... Hi to everyone else  waves.gif and hope those that are sick/have sick little ones are hanging in there.  Take care ,

Amanda original.gif

#15 shelly1

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi All,

Michelle - Thats good new about Toby sleeping through. I am going to try and get out on Sunday too and have a look  original.gif

Leonie
- I hope your move goes smoothly. I dont mind packing but I have unpacking.

Deanne
- I hope your PIL are "behaving" and you are enjoying your trip.

Bron - Congratulations on the calender pic.

Caroline - I hope Angus is feeling better.

Nic - I hope your cough goes away soon.

Jade has started solids. She really isnt fussed and hates being spoonfed so I am just offering finger foods. She enjoyed her mini corn cob tonight and doesnt mind pumpkin or sweet potato fingers but once I put it on a spoon she hates it LOL

As for my car - it is sitting in the garage still not working. We paid the mechanic what we owed for the work that was done (it was after he did did that bit of work that he realised it was a bigger problem). My parents are away for the next 2 months so I am using their car and we are going to try and get by on one car until I go back to work next March. The puppies really enjoy the walk to pre-school and back so thats a bonus  biggrin.gif

#16 *Caro*

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

Sheely, its not like you could drive very far with Jade anyway  tongue.gif so maybe surviving with one car and saving the money is a good idea  grin.gif

Jo I haven't made the muffins yet.  Last time I made savoury muffins, they were hated so much by everyone that I have lost my confidence with them  unsure.gif But I might give it whirl this weekend - I think your recipe is a huge improvement on what I tried last time.  

I made some choc chip cookies at the weekend with the girls and added some peanut butter to half the mixture. Its to die for  wub.gif (If anyone is interested, its the Little BT Cookie recipe - its a sticky thread in Large families.  I often lurk in large families...  ph34r.gif )

I am loving being at work at the moment.  It's busy enough to be interesting, but not so busy that it's stressful or overwhelming.  I'm enjoying getting away from the mess at home and leaving the chores for a while  tongue.gif I'm also enjoying some of the 'feel good' stuff at work - you know, nice clothes, quiet time drink a cup of tea in peace, people listening to you without screaming back at you  wwhistle.gif Its all good.  I also feel more organised.  We have quite a good morning and evening routine going.  Its not perfect, but we're getting there - we are certainly more organised than we were prekids   rolleyes.gif

And in other great news, I think Angus has survived a cold without getting an ear infection  tthumbs.gif Yay! now he is teething and likes to wake up at 2am and play for 2 hours.  I keep trying to settle him in bed with me, and he just crawls around the bed, and climbs over my head while I pretend to be asleep  ddoh.gif

Anne and Michelle - have I missed something about markets this weekend? Are you having a stall?

(Sam and Deanne - Zahra has already claimed the name Little Miss Sunshine and has the t-shirt to prove it  tongue.gif  And after 10 days of mega tantrums, she has gone back to her usual relatively easy to get along with self, so I figure she might get to keep that nickname  wacko.gif )

ok, must try to get to bed.  Angus will be looking for a cranium to clamber over soon  rolleyes.gif

#17 Puggle

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:00 PM

Sorry to hear of so many sick children and parents sad.gif.

I've been so neglectful of you all but will resume normal posting soon!

Both my girls have been sick and grumpy with colds, plus we have been away in the Blue Mountains for a few nights. My DH wrote off my parents ute (well, one of their utes  wacko.gif) on our way up to Sydney on Friday, which was a bit of drama. If you are driving northbound past Collector anytime soon you can see where he laid down some rubber on the side of the bridge over the culvert (just past the billboard for McCafe at Goulburn  rolleyes.gif). He's not hurt, but was pretty shaken, and he only wrote the ute off because it was worth so little. Can you believe the two cars that witnessed it didn't stop? I drove past about 10 minutes later and found him just setting off for help (his phone was flat  glare.gif  ddoh.gif).

I'm also frantically working away on a little project  wwhistle.gif you all know about by now ( Caro -  yyes.gif). Away again for a few days next week and then hopefully back to regular programming posting. Looking forward to Eileen's Farewell next Friday, but only for the dessert and the catch up. Not looking forward to 'farewell-ing' Eileen!

Edited by Puggle, 01 July 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#18 Marvel

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

Ok, this 'project'.... where will the results of the project be on display for possible purchase?  Tounge1.gif

#19 Puggle

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

I'll PM you original.gif

#20 wrappedup

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:46 AM

I was looking for something to do Sunday morning wink.gif

All four of my kids slept last night! For the first time since ab out a month before Summer was born, I slept 7 hours straight. Unbelievable.  Of course 3 of 4 are still sick and the other (Charlie) was up with tummy pains about 10pm last night so I've got them all home today.  Not sure how I'm going to work tomorrow (again) if they don't improve.  This winter is a shocker. They are all in good spirits at least, so I may drag them to the shops later.

Shelly - my MIL drove dh to work at 6.30am today so I could have the car (was meant to be catching up with friends). Most of time we survive with one car but sometimes it's tough!  Well timed trip by your parents though original.gif Summer isn't keen on solids, either in sticks or puree.  But we persist...

Yesterday was a sad day here, a dear friend lost her baby halfway through her pregnancy.  My heart hurts for her  cry1.gif

#21 shelly1

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:54 AM

Yesterday was a sad day here, a dear friend lost her baby halfway through her pregnancy. My heart hurts for her

Thats really awful Sam. I never know what to say in situations like that but I can only imagine the pain must be intense.

Caroline - I joked to DH that Jade must be over the moon at my car being broken down LOL. Mum and Dads car is an older Pulsar so a bit more rattlier than mine IYKWIM and she actually seems OKish in there. Though I went to Russell the other day and that was nearing her limits  tongue.gif

I am taking Jade back to the doctor today. Her cough hasnt gone and now she has a temp (she also had the worlds biggest spew this morning). I got the temp down with panadol but it is coming back. She seems happy enough though so I dont know what is going on.

#22 ~strawberry~

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

Sam - I am so sorry for your friends loss  sad.gif
Fantastic news about 7 hours of sleep! I am yet to have my two both sleep through on the same night...with one waking 3 hourly and the other waking 1-3 times most nights, it may be a long way off still!

Shelly - Poor Jade (and poor you for having to clean up all that spew!), I hope she is feeling better soon.

Anne -  oomg.gif Is your DH alright? No injuries?

Peta - I am going okay, thanks for asking. Had a couple of crappy weeks and have upped my AD's (hopefully only temporarily) but am feeling much better.

Michelle - Your stories about Toby's speech made me smile, so similar to the things Ella is coming out with lately, though she isn't stringing quite as many words together yet.

Caro - You are making me wish I had a job... It' great that you are enjoying it so much at the moment.

Deanne - Are you still in Tassie? When do you return?

Us. William is much better though still taking AB's for a while longer, then back to check that his eardrum has healed fully. He is back to his usual cheeky self which is lovely.

Last night DH and I went out for dinner. It's our third child free night since Ella was born! We went to Delissio in Curtin which was delicious, and then Goodberry's for dessert on the way home (my first ever goodberry's!).

Mil has been here since the weekend and is leaving today, Ella's in CC today and I really should get off my bum and start the day! (not really an early riser...)

#23 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:27 AM

Goodmorning girls,

Firstly Sam, that is just awful news, your poor poor friend, what a hard time for her.
I hope all your girls start to improve soon, at least being the last week of school they wont be missing too much.

Caro: I used to enjoy that about work aswell. I felt important in my bank uniform!! And sometimes i felt that when i worked fulltime the house was cleaner, because id give it a good clean on the weekend and then we were hardly touching it on the week days!

Michelle and Anne: Blake is playing football northside this friday should i be checking out the markets that side of town this weekend???!!!
Also Anne, glad that your DH is okay, still pretty scary stuff.

Max has been quite sick the last 2 days, very high temp that was only staying down for about 2hrs after panadol, a bad cough and then he would cry every time he coughed, lethargic just wanting cuddles and sleep. We went to the doctor yesterday and he said it is a middle ear infection. I didnt realise that a middle ear infection could cause the coughing and stuff aswell? BUt the doctor told me to do the panadol and nurofen in between, mainly to help his temp stay down. He wants to see him again tomorrow,but did say that if he didnt start improving in 24 hours he wanted him in hospital, that was pretty scary, especially as this is the first time Max has been sick  sad.gif . He seems a bit better this morning but still wont eat anything, so i think i might go and have a sleep with him.

Hope you are all okay, even though so many of our babies are not!  cry1.gif

#24 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:03 PM

unsure.gif  waves.gif  anyone!?

#25 Marvel

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

Been a bit quiet today, hasn't it?  yyawn.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.