Grad Mums #22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

#126 wrappedup

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

Gorgeous baby update: if I ask Summer to give me a cuddle, she puts her head in the crook of my neck and when I lay my head on hers she reaches her hand up to grab my face  wub.gif Oh and a funny one: everytime we lay her down in bed or on her mat she rolls over straight away, is happy for a few minutes and then gets really cranky that somehow she's ended up lying on her tummy again  biggrin.gif

#127 Nut

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Lara - I would love a Boori cot. It's possible that a friend of my sister has one which we may be able to buy but I am not sure if it's boori or anything. She can't remember.

#128 darnie

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

Sam: wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#129 ~strawberry~

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

Sam - That is so cute  wub.gif

Eileen - I'm sorry but I'm not going to make it tonight either. Although Ella is feeling better, she has passed her tummy bug onto me, and William is still unwell and will only settle for me. Hope you have a great evening, and best wishes for the move.

Well, I was at Calms again last night with William. His ears are still bothering him and now it looks like the onset of tonsillitis. After this mornings nappies, it also looks like he has the tummy bug that Ella is so kindly sharing around. I am so over this winter!

#130 Marvel

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Oh dear... it sounds like you all are getting a heavy battering this winter!! *Fingers crossed* we are pretty devoid of sickness in the house at the moment and hopefully it will stay that way!! I don't really want to be heading off in 2 weeks with a bad case of the flu!  hands.gif

#131 wrappedup

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

I've just pulled the pin on working from home due to the non-stop sickness. One more week to wrap things up and that's it.  I just cannot manage both when the kids are ill so much. I feel a bit of a failure about it, but I go back to work in 10 weeks (Summer will be 9 months) so I think I'll just chalk this one up to experience and move on...

#132 Nut

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

I will still be there tonight at this stage.

What's the heating like at your place Amanda?

#133 darnie

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

I've just pulled the pin on working from home due to the non-stop sickness. One more week to wrap things up and that's it. I just cannot manage both when the kids are ill so much. I feel a bit of a failure about it, but I go back to work in 10 weeks (Summer will be 9 months) so I think I'll just chalk this one up to experience and move on...
hhugs.gif Don't feel like a failure. I think that you are a saint for even considering working from home in the first place! It's something that I don't do very well, whether the kids are sick or not. I just could not do it with or without my kids in the house; I am not disciplined enough. The key to a happy life is to find out what works for you. If this didn't work, then give yourself a big congratulatory pat on the back for trying, and think of any positives that may have come out of it - even if that is discovering that working at home with sick kids isn't for you. Prior to going back to work off mat leave this time, I spent 4 years working in an area that I wasn't particularly good in - for a number of reasons and now I know that not all of those reasons were my fault. So I made a conscious decision to move to another team, which I did when I returned from mat leave. I felt like such a failure for not really achieving anything worthwhile in my old area and I sometimes still do. It doesn't help that the only reason I wasn't shafted was because I shafted myself before my manager did! Anyway... even though I consider myself to have failed, I feel as though I have gained so much from the experience. I approach my work differently, I look at things from a different perspective, I am more client focussed and I am more in touch with the organisation. These are the positives that came out of my "failure". You just need to work out what the positives were to come out of your experience, and then you will no longer see it as a failure. hhugs.gif It's all part of life's rich tapestry. yyes.gif Oh, and there are no failures in this group wub.gif

#134 laraq75

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

SAm - you are far from a failure.  You have 4 girls to manage and I am sure some people couldn't do that.  I think you are amazing.

#135 wrappedup

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

Thanks Deanne and Lara, I appreciate your kind words  wub.gif My boss is being pretty nice about it. Am going to try and go in next week to have a coffee and catch up with him. I love my job, but my job isn't what I'm doing atm.

#136 *Caro*

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

Sam, don't feel bad - you know I found the whole work-from-home-1-day-a-week thing incredibly hard too - and I wasn't doing it over winter, with 4 sick kids and a baby in tow. For at least some of the time, I had Angus in care and I actually went into the office to do it - which I found much easier than being at home.  Its seriously hard to get into the head space at home.  Deanne said some lovely things about learning from the experience  hhugs.gif

#137 *Caro*

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Have a great weekend, girls - see you on the other side  tongue.gif  yyes.gif

#138 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Yes Caro you too!
Hope you had a lovely night Eileen, i was planning on making a late entrance, had just finished icing my chocolate mud muffins, wehn BANG jack fell out of bed (and he was still awake  wacko.gif ) and then Max woke up screaming and DH was already asleep! So i realised it was not the night for going out for me!!

Have been keeping myself amused with a very interesting website however! Shocking to say the least!! Anyhow chat to you all later, or on FB!!

#139 Puggle

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:07 PM

Will I get to post this one handed typing, NAK post before EB implodes?

Thank you for a lovely evening Amanda, and thank you for the chocolate Eileen!

Catch you on the flip side, folks. Hope you all have a productive weekend  roll2.gif.

#140 laraq75

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:24 AM

Wow this is going to take a little while to get used to.

Welcome back girls.  I hope everybody had a lovely time on Friday.

#141 darnie

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:31 AM

Good morning all!

Oh this is a little weird.

Glad you all had a nice time on Friday night.

Have a great day,
Deanne.

#142 Puggle

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:36 AM

Ooo, this is weird. What's with the typing in italics bit? And I obviously need a computer with a larger screen.

Lara when I was first looking at this thread as a Guest I could see a ticker in your member title and was getting all excited. But I think it was an old one and now I've logged in it has gone.

Sam, I hope you are feeling better about your decision re working from home now you've had a few days. Even Superwomen have their limits original.gif.

I've just booked myself an appointment at the Dentist. Why do I always leave these things too late?  cry1.gif

I'm doing some mega-sorting and have decided to sell a lot of my baby stuff. If we have another baby then I can just buy it again if we need it. So I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting a neighbouring stall at the next B&K Market in September? Then we could cover each other for breaks etc and have someone to help if things get busy and to talk to when things are quiet.

Breakfast time!

#143 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Good Morning girls,
Yes this is going to take a bit of getting used to!
Anne: How big are the stalls and how much are they for the b&k markets? I have a fair bit to sell ( i think-i keep just giving stuff away!) but not sure if i have enough for a full stall on my own, if anyone is in the same boat and wants to share? Maybe? i guess depends how much big stuff you are allowed because i have a lot of big things. Maybe i'll go for a walk around the next time its on before i decide if i should have my own stall? When are they on? Hope things are okay at the dentist!  sad.gif

Lara: I could also see the ticker in your byline and got excited but on closer inspection i think it actually says, "Congratulations you have your baby!"

Eileen: I am glad that friday night was nice for you, again sorry for not making it,but i do hope that you will still post in this group with us.

Sam: I hope things are feeling better for you now. Good on you for actually having the courage to pull the plug on working from home, that was very brave aswell!

Anyway all have a nice day!

#144 ~strawberry~

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Morning all original.gif Wow, this is very different. It's not fitting my screen either...

Eileen - I hope you had a good night on Friday, would have loved to have been there, but all four of us have been sick all weekend sad.gif

Anne - I want to go to the market, do you know how much stalls are? I might speak to DH and see if there is some way around William's feeding to make it work. When is the next market? (yes, I could google and find all this out  wwhistle.gif ) I have lots to sell... Speaking of which, we are going to sell the playpen now, but I am guessing you are no longer looking for one?

Edited by purpleoj, 13 July 2009 - 09:29 AM.

#145 laraq75

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:57 AM

Anne/Leonie - You girls are so cute. It is lovely how excited you were. But it was actually the ticker from when i was pregnant with Angus and it never worked on the old format.  I have taken it away now.

#146 Puggle

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

The cost is around $40 and for that you get a trestle table provided and a bit of floor space, and you can also put a few things in the large items section. Leonie, I might have some 'big thing' space that I won't use so I could always put your things in under my name if that is the case.

Jo and Leonie, it is on at EPIC from the 21st of September from 9am-12pm which is a good time frame IMO. When I had a stall there last year it went for longer than that and it was just too long, people sold out (or nearly) of stock and it was painful to be hanging around for longer than necessary. Anyway, not too bad for working around feeds, and the Farmers Market is a short walk away so DHs' on parenting duty can fill in some time there with the children if they need to bring a small person along for a feed.

If there are a few of us then we could get tables in a row or backing on to each other. More info here

Jo, I'm still pretty tempted by your playpen. We got a metal one but plan to use it as a room divider to block off the kitchen from the rumpus room (need to do a slight modification to get it to fit), and it isn't very big as a playpen. Claire refuses to take her 'little' toys to another room, so it might be good for her to have a playpen  laughing2.gif. The good thing about the mesh sided ones like yours is that there are no bars for little hands to sneak through to get to big sister's toys ...

#147 Marvel

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:46 AM

Wow this thread has been moving this morning!!
Hi everyone!

Ok, before the thread went down, did I mention something about being lucky enough to have avoided having a house full of sickness? Well, no longer!!  rolleyes.gif

DS1 was sick all weekend and I had to put a lot of plans off!! But he is so much better now, and I am glad that I did original.gif

#148 ~strawberry~

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Anyone know where the pm buttons have gone? Can't seem to find them...

#149 Nut

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

Jo

When you click on the members name there is a drop down menu that gives you an option to send message. The name being at the top of each post.

#150 ~strawberry~

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

Thanks Nic original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.