Grad Mums #22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

#26 wrappedup

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

Still here  waves.gif

My kids are all sick now (Lulu is almost better) and I've woken up feeling like a train has hit me.  Think this may actually be the flu, I've not had that for years. I may not make it out of my PJs today though Summer's cough is so bad we're wondering if I need to take her to the Drs.  And Lulu has been asking to go to childcare (she missed it last week), so hopefully she wakes up well enough to go cause then the big girls and I can chill.

Leonie - how is Max?  I cannot believe the lurgies around this year!

Hi mishy.

Yesterday was a hard day, my friend birthed her 19w babe.  She and her dh are like us, they have four girls.  This little one was a boy, Xavier cry1.gif Then another gf had her 20w and I waited with baited breath but all is well. On top of that she'd really hoped for a girl (she has 1 girl, 2 boys), and she's got one. So she's ecstatic and I'm so happy for her.  I also logged onto work and saw since I logged on last week, our CEO has left.  This might be a big deal for me as the area I work in can change significantly with a new big boss.

But right now I need to lie back down.  Definitely flu, yuck!

BBL, have a great day everyone.

#27 *Caro*

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:06 AM

oh Sam, your poor friend  sad.gif

#28 wrappedup

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

I know Caro, it's just cruel  cry1.gif Summer has never been so cuddled in her life as in the last two days.

#29 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

HI Sam, Has your friend decided what they are going to do now, with memorial etc. What a hard time for them, losing a child is the worst thing imaginable.

How are your illnesses today? Did Lulu end up going to childcdare? Max is getting better, we went to  dr today and he said his ears are looking much better, he is still of his food and has unsettled times but is definitly improving! Jack on the other hand has gotten some viral infection and is sicker than i have ever seen him. My poor big baby  cry1.gif  hopefully he starts improving soon his temp today was over 39.5, very scary.

#30 Nut

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Oh Sam that's so sad sad.gif

#31 shelly1

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Sam - I didnt realise I knew who you were talking about until I saw it elsewhere. I cant believe how unfair life is. I had a little cry over it - it was so heartbreaking.
I have been busy, stressed and tired with a sick little Jade
and it puts my whinging into perspective.

Leonie - I am glad Max is feeling better. There are some awful bugs about ATM

#32 wrappedup

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:59 AM

I didn't want to say who it was until she was ready, but yes a few of you girls here would know Lara sad.gif

Loenie, no she didn't go to childcare and now dh has it too, so the whole family is officially sick.  We've never all been sick at the same time before! Summer has learnt to cough, it sounds quite funny this full-on cough that sounds like it's from a 3 or 4 yr old and it's from a 6 month old!  She is still feeding well so it's not too bed.

What is everyone up to today?  Well I suspect it's a mad day for Michelle and Anne  tongue.gif But what are others up to?

Nut - we can now say that your baby is due next month! How exciting!

#33 beaglebabe

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

Sam - I'm really sorry to hear the news about Lara.  That is truly awful.  You poor thing all being sick at the same time.  I hope you get some rest this weekend.

Nic - due next month!  Gosh it has flown past.

Shelly - sad news does help to put the everyday stuff into perspective.  Lucia is sick as well - it's hard when you can't do much to help them and they are so miserable.

Leonie - glad Max is on the mend, but not good about Jack.  Sounds like you will be having a quiet weekend too, looking after your boys.  Have you started packing yet?

Tanya - how is Lily doing?  We haven't heard from you for a while.

Us - Lucia has had a cough for the past week, but it didn't seem to be bothering her til yesterday.  She was grizzly for much of the day, and then at bedtime I couldn't get her to go to sleep.  She was up and down all night, coughing and spluttering, and bringing up milk and mucous. She slept semi-upright in my arms all night, so needless to say I didn't get much sleep!  She's just gone down for a sleep now, so I'll see how long it lasts.

And with Lucia sick yesterday, Toby thought it would be a good day to misbehave.  He has also started doing the 'why?' thing - no matter what answer I give him, he just asks 'why?' again.  He got some pretty sarcastic answers yesterday  Tounge1.gif

I have lots of stuff I need to be doing (not to mention housework I have been neglecting the past few weeks), but I'm not getting much done with a naughty toddler and a sick baby  sad.gif

I'm meant to be leaving Lucia with DH for the day tomorrow - he's never had two kids for more than a few hours before (and when he did Lucia was asleep for most of the time I
was gone). I know he'll cope fine, but I also know I will stress about it for most of the day!  The alternate is to have Lucia outside in the cold all day, so I think she will be much better off at home in her current state.

Sending nice healthy vibes to all the sick kids and parents.  Do any of us NOT have sick kids at the moment?

Michelle

#34 Nut

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

laughing2.gif  Yep, I made that comment in my DIG. Freaked a few people out!!! Hehehe.

6 weeks to go...

#35 Puggle

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

I think everyone will be very glad to see the end of this winter and the last of the lurgies! I hope all those who are ill are on the road to recovery ASAP.

Yes, all stations go here. I have been wielding pliers, glue and needle and thread and everything is looking pretty good if I do say so myself  grin.gif. Except my hands, so much fiddly manual labour with lots of metal has left them looking the worse for wear, and the weather doesn't help - last night I had to smother my hands with Amolin and wear cotton gloves to bed.

I hope we have sunshine and not too much wind tomorrow hands.gif. And would all of you please stop saying you are coming to visit, it is making me nervous tongue.gif!

#36 Puggle

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

oomg.gif

Lauren just ate an entire jar of Apple and Blueberry Muesli!

Obviously it is just my cooking she doesn't like  glare.gif  laughing2.gif.

#37 Nut

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

My adorable son did something that could cost us a great deal of money...

He put my husbands hearing aids in a glass of water... $6,600 worth of hearing aids...

#38 sot

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

Sam - So sorry about your friend that is just terrible

Nut - Eekk!!!

Anne
- don't read my post to Leonie...

Leonie
- Want to meet up tomorrow at that place everyone is going?

Peta

#39 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

Anne: Go Lauren!! is she getting better with eating? How is her weight?

Nut:  oomg2.gif  Do you think they can be saved?

Michelle: Max still has a cough aswell, i am going to put the vapouriser on in his room tonight, i have also put a thick towel under his cot mattress to prop it up a bit. Dont know if it will actually do anything but thought i should try something!

Peta: yes that sounds great, we have football till about 10ish, can you Pm me your mobile number or just text me with it if you still have mine, coz i forgot to save yours and only have your house number!

Anyway off to work! My day off but i am going in to make up for taking thursday off.\  wacko.gif

#40 Nut

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Don't know. They would have been soaking in the water for at least an hour. We're letting them dry out and will see what the damage is tomorrow.

#41 shelly1

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

Nic - That's awful. I know he is little and didnt mean it but it is so much money.

Lucia has had a cough for the past week, but it didn't seem to be bothering her til yesterday. She was grizzly for much of the day, and then at bedtime I couldn't get her to go to sleep. She was up and down all night, coughing and spluttering, and bringing up milk and mucous. She slept semi-upright in my arms all night

Replace Lucia with Jade and you described my last few days. I had her checked last Friday when I took Maddy to the Dr. DR just said she had a cough and snotty nose but seemed fine. Took a turn for the worse on Thursday - lots of vomiting, high temp ect - went back to the DR got told it was viral, went back to the doctor yesterday as she had puss oozing from her eyes. Today she is finally on the mend.

The worse thing is (and Maddy was the same) she hates any type of paracetamol (I bought 3 different brands). As soon as she swallows it she gags and brings it up plus everything in her tummy. I resorted to the Panadol suppositories - I felt awful doing it but we needed to keep that temp down.

Solids - Anne and Sam - I take it from your posts you are struggling too. I havent tried the past few days but Jade really isnt that fussed (unless it is toast). Maddy wasnt that interested until about 8 months. I dont have to worry yet do I?

#42 Marvel

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hi everyone, have been lurking the past few days  ph34r.gif

Nut - Oh no!!  ffear.gif

#43 Nut

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

Yep... Not that we are mad at him or anything. He's just a baby and to him it was just something fun to stick in water. He does it with the dog food all the time. DH really should not have left them where they were in the first place in reality, though he believed Alex could not reach them.

We do have them insured at least so hopefully if they are dead, we can make an insurance claim. We insured them about 3 years ago "just in case" and it's times like this I am SSOOOO glad we pay the extra (and it does cost quite a bit to cover them).

Michelle - Alex has been off for about a week now too. Stuffy nose, though not runny. Mild cough and that husky sound to his voice at times. It seems to just draaaaag one.

#44 ~strawberry~

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

Shelly - Ella was about 8 months when she started to take food in, and William has really only started to improve in the last few days.  I certainly wouldn't be worried about Jade at this stage. We've given up on the BLW and are just going with what works.

Anne - Yay to Lauren eating a whole jar of food! William pulled faces the other day straight after I made a few batches of food, but since then he has taken a bit more of a liking to them. He also likes yoghurt. Finally, he opens his mouth!

Nic - I hope they dry out alright... Just don't try what my DH did when I spilt water all over my laptop - he tried to dry it with a hairdryer. Melted a heap of the keys  laughing2.gif

Looks like we might not make it in the morning, have been wanting to take Ella out to Tidbinbilla and tomorrow is looking like out best opportunity while it's still free... Good luck Michelle and Anne.

Had another person come and look at the piano today and is talking of coming back tomorrow and offering something... Kinda sad...

#45 Barky

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Morning all just a quick hi. Bit of a me post..

Sick household here atm. Both Owen and Hayden have been to the drs and have both been put on antibiotics for chest infections.. I hate Winter. So tired as Hayden coughed all night and Ryan whinged...Think I got a touch of mastitis as I had the shakes for a period of time last night as Owen went 6hrs for a feed. Still feel a bit crappy today and tired but hopefully will get a nanna nap in.

#46 Marvel

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Wow, there is only 3 weeks left until I fly out for 5 weeks in Edinburgh...  wacko.gif
Argh, I'm getting nervous!! I am going by myself and leaving DH and the boys behind, it's really starting to worry me!! I know DH will be fine, but WOW 5 weeks is a long time for little people...I am sure the boys are going to change sooo much by the time I get back!!

#47 wrappedup

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

Wow Michelle, 5 weeks without a dh or kids?! Wow!  Why are you going over?

Solids - yep, no success here, she hates everything!  With her being sick all this week I've not bothered really.  She still just looks at me like "are you kidding woman?"  The good news is she is now fairly happily drinking a bottle of EBM for dh.  We still have about 10 weeks til I go back to work but I'm happy that she's getting used to it.

Anne/Michelle - how was it?  We hd a slow morning and I had to be at a friend's at 10am so I couldn't get out there.  Hope it was brilliant!

Us - the girls are all much better.  Lulu has a touch of diarrhoea, seems it happens at the beginning and end of this virus we have as dd#2 has done the same.  Dd#1 (Charlie) recovered so quick I'm hopeful that her chiro treatment and vitamins etc is working. Summer is still coughing but is not too bad and this weekend she is all about dh. He's been working late all week so maybe it's a scarcity thing, but she's reaching out to him and so pleased when he picks her up  wub.gif

We've had a lovely weekend here.  I enjoy the girls' soccer but it's amazing how much weekend you get back when it isn't on!  We've been busy still: party, morning tea, walking, dh out last ngiht and all this afternoon etc, but being able to not get out of bed til 9am  both days (kids all over us of course from about 7am) has been lovely. It's been such an emotional week, I guess I'm just feeling blessed with my lovely dh and four gorgeous kids  wub.gif

Hope all are well - and all the kids get better really soon!

PS - It's official, Lulu is toilet trained.  She has been dry the last four nights!  So only one in nappies and less than two months (hopefully) til I'll only be breastfeeding one as well as Lulu is 3 at the end of next month!

Edited by puzzlepieces, 05 July 2009 - 07:27 PM.

#48 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Gotta be quick off to work again! Just wanted to show off my new sig!!

Hope the day went well Michelle and Anne!

#49 Puggle

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

waves.gif

It was lovely to see some of you today original.gif

We had a very good day for our first day and therefore will be there again! . Michelle and I are going to wear our Ugg boots next time though - I think my feet are still defrosting. Brrr. Miss Lolly was very well behaved and even had two naps  oomg2.gif and Miss Lulu was a good girl for her Daddy even though she was feeling unwell. There is obviously quite a camaraderie between the long term stall holders, which was very nice to see.

I was supposed to be going to Sydney tomorrow but my folks both have the 'flu so I have  scrapped that plan for this week. I was thinking we could maybe have a daytime meet but I'm struggling to think of somewhere that won't be completely overrun in the school holidays yet has enough activities to entertain the big kids. I avoid Playcentres etc like the plague during the holidays/weekends if I can help it!

I'm going to get going on my decluttering this week. I'm drowning in clutter and over it!!  glare.gif  blush.gif.

Will be back with long overdue personals in a day or two.

#50 Marvel

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

puzzlepieces - sorry, don't know all the names yet so still going off nicknames!! I am going over there to play tenor drum in the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

It will be great to one of these days meet all of you - I'm a little short on 'mummy friends' at the moment!!  original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.