70 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

New thread time ladies.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=688167

#2 Keropi

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Gold!!!

Michelle the Tsunami isn't hitting, downgraded withing the hour of getting the warning wed night.

Bloody facebook!  Look for my husband, you'll find him on Jannette's friend page, then I can see what you all chat about.  

Not happy with Ash, she keeps getting too annoying to the dogs so much so they have had enough and keep nipping her.  It doesn't matter how often I get cranky at her.  Grrr.  Sorry for the rant, I roused mid post.

#3 FloralArrangement

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

SILVER

Hi there

Rob's party tomorrow.

Julie, Rosie has been an hysgterical overreacting so and so this holds driving me nuts, won't even start on Lily OMG

#4 FloralArrangement

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

I have a vent in venting go read I am so happy, not.

#5 micallep

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Oh look new EB forums.

Hi Girls! Gina, happy belated 1st birthday to R xxx.

Not much time to browse or post lately. Little Miss A is proving to like being carried to sleep and then wakes when put down LOL. Sometimes will go off to sleep on her own with a dummy, she is the first of the kids to want to take the dummy......infact needs it! She likes to suck on something and if I put her on the breast when she doesn't want a feed, she gets very cranky!!! I have A's baptism on Sunday so will be rather busy next week organising. I'm planning to make a cupcake cake for her so want to do a trial run tomorrow with white choc cupcakes. Gosh I hope they turn out!

Anyway, just popped in to say a quick hello.

xx

#6 ~JASB~

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

Hey Ping, hope next week goes well!  Make sure you show us some pics of the cake!

Julie, I will go in search of D wink.gif

Gina, I actually stumbled across your vent earlier today.  Cripes!  Is that what is in store for us in the teenage years? ohmy.gif  

Not much to report here, other than another bfn sad.gif  Not in a good place atm, hasn't been a good week.

M

#7 Nics

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

howdy girls - Gina hope R's party went well!

I too am busy organising Elli'e first bday party and naming day for next weekend.  Arrggghhhh I just feel so overwhelmed!  

M - sorry to hear about BFN...  no wonder you wanted to scream!  

Jules - Ill search for him too so we can keep you updated!  

Ping - poor you - I remember only too well what it was like to have a koala bear 24/7 - do you have a sling?  It was  a godsend in the early weeks...

OK best get back to my "to do" list...

#8 ~JASB~

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

Thanks Nic.  Unfortunately that was only part of my reason for wanting to scream sad.gif  

Hope next weekend goes awesome original.gif

#9 Keropi

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

Michaela - sorry to hear of your BFN bbighug.gif I was hoping all your new plans were working for you.

#10 MichelleM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

Fast reply WT?!

Nic I just sent you a PM on the food, I rambled on sorry!!  Good luck with organising the party and lists REALLY helped me, not only to remember but just to keep me sane and on top of things!

Michaela big bummer about the result sad.gif   What else is going on, anything we can help with?  I can't believe Shawn is going to be 4 years old soon  ohmy.gif   You just forget how fast it goes.

Ping I agree with Nic, a sling is the greatest thing ever!  I still put Scarlett in the sling, especially when we're just popping into the shops or it's raining!  Also when we go to the movies, I put her in the baby bjorn (although I loved my nurture sling when she was newborn, it's only good now for sitting up looking out) and she goes straight to sleep.

ohmy.gif  Gina!  I can imagine you were upset, working for Telstra we used to get that a lot but much, much bigger bills!!  It's good to hear that she was unnaware of the reality of the costs though before, better than knowing and not caring!  Well not good to hear but YKWIM!  How did Rs party go today?  Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Julie off of the check out Damien's profile laughing2.gif!!  You really should get your own though!  Not good to hear about the puppy situation.  Scarlett loves to terrorise our cat but the cat now sits up out of reach, something I guess a dog can't do!  I hope they work it out soon.

Brett took all the kids to the movies today while I went bridesmaid dress shopping with my sister.  Before hand I was feeling alright about myself, I've lost a bit of weight and toned up a bit but nothing cuts you back down quicker than trying on dresses that make you look pasty and fat!  8 months to go and about 10kg to lose, do able yes but I need to get my backside into gear bigtime!  It doesn't help that Scarlett is not really welcome at the gym creche.  Have I mentioned that they have asked that I try to bring her back when she's a bit older?  She screams the place down as soon as we walk into there but it's only 45 mins and I need to get thin!  I'll have to start going back to exercising at night again which I really didn't want to do.

#11 micallep

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

Aaarrrgghh took me ages to find this thread!

Cupcakes are very yummy, just had difficultly piping the frosting on nicely so ended up spreading it instead. Do any of you cake decorating gurus have any tips for me to make the piped frosting look nice and professional???
Yes I have a sling, love it and use it when we go out. A's been very good sleeping the last few days, the dummy has proven to be a winner with settling her original.gif.

Michaela, sorry to hear about your BFN sad.gif.

xxx

#12 ~JASB~

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Thanks girls, Just a lot of stuff building up atm, getting me down.  Had more bad news this arv.  Friend of mine who also has a child with HD just had her DS#2 a couple days ago - and it's looking likely that he too has Hirschsprungs sad.gif  I feel so gutted for my friend.  Sux having to go thru it once, let alone twice.  Life just seems so unfair sometimes, I just don't understand it sad.gif

Julie, Damien doesn't seem to have accepted me as a friend sad.gif  Has he not been online?

#13 Keropi

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

Michaela - that sucks.  Your poor friend and her baby.  Is there any chance that it can't be?
And no Damien has been on line nor have I too much to approve your friend request.  I will though!!

I'm knackered today.  Took the kids to the city on this gorgeous sunny day.  But tired from work phone and energy spent freaking about teaching full time and procrastinating.  On the upside I have sparkly windows!!

Better go before I burn my steaks.

#14 Keropi

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:45 PM

C'mon you facebookers, return to the prehistoric age!!!

#15 MichelleM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

Awww Julie!!  I haven't had much time to post . . well plenty of time but just no free hands while holding Scarlett!  How's your new job going?

Michaela I am very sorry to hear that your friend is going through Hirschsprungs again with her new baby.

Ping good to hear that you have got some sleep and that she likes the sling, I love slings sooooo much!

Scarlett got her 12 mnth needles last Wednesday (yeah I know, just a bit late!) and she has been sooky ever since!  The funny thing is is that she's never cried while getting them, not even a wimper but we pay for it for weeks afterwards with an unsettled baby.  She has also gone back to BF every hour or so during the day and for hours at night so my boobs are killng me!

I over did it at the gym the other day and my right arm is falling off today so that hasn't been a help  rolleyes.gif

We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon so I should get up and start ironing and get the boys in from the garden.  Hope everyone elses weekends have been good!

#16 Keropi

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Michelle - new job starts tomorrow.  Hopefully all starts off well.  I hope Scarlett gets back into routine for you.  Don't mention the gym to me!  I think I need to start doing something, age is catching up with me LOL

Updated blog too today if anyone is interested.

#17 MichelleM

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

Ohhh good luck tomorrow Julie!!

Just had a look at your bloig and saw some familiar sites.  We lived in Newcastle for 4 or 5 years in Waratah but Dad worked in Stockton at the ARMY barracks (funny that being that he was in the army LOL!).  Have always been going to go back there to show Brett but your photos have renewed my enthusiasm!

I have a sore throat tonight....... just thought I'd share!

#18 Keropi

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

Michelle - hope your throat feels better, gargle salt water - ALOT!
Glad you like seeing that part of my blog!

Kiddies went to the dentist today.  Ethan does not brush his teeth properly.  And he learnt the hard way today by getting told that by the dentist, but what drove it home was showing him the bill!  Hopefully I see an up in that area from today.

Hope everyone is well.

Edited by Keropi, 18 August 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#19 MichelleM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

Oh Julie how sad and starting off with something so common, scary really.  I'm also sorry for you that you don't have an aid tomorrow.  I completely understand why the aid is away but surely they can get a replacement for you.

Throat is still sore, my neck is now sore where my glands are, although not as sore as my right nipple.  Sorry to use that word, I'm not a fan myself but there is no other way to explain it!  Scarlett grazed it the other night and it seems to be getting worse.  Almost 14 months in and we're still have feeding issues on that side!

Poor baby, have to suck it up though because she's been in the wars again.  She cut her lip open the other day, on what I'm not sure, a wooden block I think (I was right there next to her but didn't see her fall, just turned and saw her with a mouth full of blood!).  Anyway no stitches but still go it checked out by the Dr and she is sporting a nice bruise on her cheek.  

So tonight Brett was undressing her for a bath in the bathroom and, as he was taking off her jacket, she launched forward and cracked her head on the tile ledge around the bath.  More blood and a nice cut across her eyebrow this time!  We didn't go to the Dr this time though as it stopped bleeding and wasn't gaping like her lip was.  It's still gross though and she probably has a head ache poor love.

#20 FloralArrangement

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hi there

We are pretty well Rob snotty but otherwise happy. Michelle ouch I will be glad when Rob finally finds his feet a lot less cracks on the head.

Julie that is so sad when things happen in clusters things just seem to be so unfair. How is your class otherwise? Are you feeling ok?

Chiro is helping me immensly will be going monthly now for maintenance as I have a formal diagnosis of mennier's disease. I feel great tbh on meds and chiro have done the trick.

1100 sms's by Daisy in one month  on my phone. Bill was 165.00 in the end my cap covered the rest.

Gxx

#21 Jet07

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

Wow - my first post in the new format!
Thought I'd better resurface to see what comments I've received on my Feature Member story wink.gif

Sorry we didn't get to catch up the other week Julie. Keeping up with everyone else on FB I think, even Lyndal!
Spent this morning at the hospital where SHea was a test case for the paediatricians exams. Talked out after repeating my story 3 times in 3.5 hours - firstly to the 3 examiners, then to each of two candidates for an hour each. Now I'm home I have to scramble to wash dog and finish cleaning house for my parents to arrive tomorrow for a couple of days.

No time - as usual - but couldn't log in without saying hi!

#22 Keropi

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hi Jannette!

#23 Keropi

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

Hello, I'm not doing the echo tonight...where is everyone?  Update please.

Me - have another weekend of programming to do.  Supervisor gave me hers to use as an example.  Thing is, stick me in a class and I can do anything...but ask me to put it on paper with curriculum backup...that I need to acquaint myself with further.  However for now, I drink champagne and enjoy whilst having the work phone for 24 hours and tomorrow I'll crack into my program.  Made heaps of changes in the class this week which are very favourable and impressing people.

Edited by Keropi, 18 August 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#24 MichelleM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

I had to post today otherwise it could have been September before some one else posted!!!

Julie how is school going?  I think you should apply full time if it's a decent school and you like it there.  I would find it better than pot luck with days and classes that you're getting now.  How is the old teacher going?

I'll have to read up on mennier's disease as I don't know what that is but how are you going Gina?  I too can't wait till Scarlett walks, just for the clean factor for me though, I am sick of her getting so grubby crawling outside!

How is everyone else going?

Nothing new and exciting over here.  Josh is giving me major grief at the moment.  He is being so aggressive which is shocking because he's not that kind of child and we're not an aggressive family!  He lashes out and hits and shuts off and then the next minute starts up a conversaton about something entrirely different while I'm still reeling from the previous blow up.  I don't know how to deal with it and this mornings eppisode had me wanting to smack him hard to get through to him but obviously treating agression with smacking is not sending the right message!

Anyway must go after that little sook!  Brett is home with the man flu (only what I had last week and had to deal with and still do day to day activities!) so I'm leaving Scarlett with him at home and going shopping!

#25 MichelleM

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

A week!  C'mon girls!!!

Got Scarlett weighed today and thought I might have a chat with the CHN abouther sleeping issues.  She was rather blunt and said that her sleeping problems were a result of my parenting  - that I had made a rod for my own back (well yes I know but ever heard of tact!)!  I saw her for about 2 minutes and mid conversation she walked off to a new Mum (had a 4 week old) and started talking to her!  I packed up my stuff and walked out.  She called out after me that I should speak to Ngala (our Trisillian or however it's spelt!) and was gone again!  Thankfully I'm feeling good in myself but had she said that to me while Isabella was the same age I would have fallen in a heap my PND was so bad.

Yep Nic we're still going with the no sleep here and I'm just not able to follow the sleep thing you sent me, more because I'm too soft and just can't do it alone so am seriously considering Ngala still.  I should just bite the bullet and call them.

Hope everyone is well with being so quiet in here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.