February 03 Parents # 162

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#51 FloralArrangement

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

Daisy is 15 today where did all that time go. i keep asking her if she remembers when she was my little girl and she doesn't. It has flown.

We are out to dinner tonight.

#52 Keropi

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

Happy Birthday to your big girl Gina!  How sad she doesn't remember.  Hope you had a lovely dinner.

#53 MichelleM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

Gina I'm sorry I haven't been in here to say a big Happy birthday to Daisy!  Did she have a good birthday and dinner?

Michaela how is Adam now?  Poor mite I saw that he had to have a blood test.  I hope now he is on the mend.

Julie it sounds as though you have started to make your mark in the school with the speechie and the good reviews.  I assumed all schools would have access to a public one.  We have several kids in Bels class who attend speech sessions weekly at school.

Scarlett started walking for real on Friday afternoon.  She had been taking steps for a week but now she's walking much more than she crawls and it's soooo cute!  Although terribly sad now that she's a toddler and no longer my baby cry1.gif

Josh started gof lessons last week and is hooked.  Isabella wants to play too so is having a lesson tomorrow with Josh.  I don't think it'll be her thing though, far too sedate and technical for her but we'll give it a go and see if she surprises us.

I ran in the city to surf last weekend which was heaps of fun and I'm looking forward to next year already!!

#54 FloralArrangement

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

Josh and Isabella look so grown up in the photos.

Rob is walking too now and yes it is funny me I am love this stage with kids so am lapping it up he really cracks me up and keeps us all chuckling.

Tyler has the flu thing we have had but is still trudging off too work as there is so much on I really feel for him he is taking tablets like you wouldn't believe and he never does that.

Dinner was nice for Daisy's birthday. There is a new little baby at school and her name is Daisy I was so excited, the mum knew of kids she had heard their names at the haridresser lol.

#55 Keropi

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

Michelle - lovely photo's indeed!

Gina - sorry to hear DH is sick

Michaela - how is Adam?

Nic - where are you?

Jannette - and you???

#56 Keropi

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

My 10 year old niece has a facebook account and I wish I could contact her but alas I don't think it is meant to be.  This is my middle brothers daughter and that brother has cut me off.  I'll just have to bide my time.

#57 MichelleM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Oh Julie, I'm sorry your having family problems.  I really do hope that things can be worked out in the future for you both.

Poor Tyler Gina, hope he feels a lot better soon.  How cute that the new baby is named Daisy, I've always loved the name, Poppy too but Brett was no fun!

Scarlett is being babysat outside the home tomorrow for the first time and I'm not thrilled although I do need to learn how to let go!  MIL is stoked that she's now in a 'real' carseat so can take her out  rolleyes.gif  She just wouldn't get that, while she fitted into the capsule, she'd stay in the capsule!

#58 Nics

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Im still here ladies - Dh has been travelling so much Im just flat chat.....  and I also have been doing my old job from home again so just dont get much free time.  We are off to Qld on Friday to stay with my dad for a week - really looking forward to it!  

The last few weeks Ive been very odd - am a bit lost atm and trying to find my way back....  once we return from our trip I think Im going to see a counsellor to try and make some sense .. too much to go into but I think the trgger was when I went into Tresillian - we all got 1 counselling session each and there are many thing I feel very let down by - mainly to do with our relationship and the way things were handled with Ellie - and to be honest when we knew she was on her way....  I feel terribly disappointed and have lost all respect - and once thats gone its hard to get it back.  Yes it may be fine NOW but the last 18 months are coming back to haunt me so yes thats where Im at right now!

Anyway must go and do some work before Packed to the Rafters starts - all kids sound asleep - DH away all week so its very quiet here!  

Will catch up again when we are back next week....  hugs to you all!

#59 FloralArrangement

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

Nic

Counselling is the best go if stuff is bandaided but not actually resolved it does come back until fixed. I found that out with my mother. I am sorry you are going through this but you seem to be on the right track for working it all out which is a positive thing no matter which way it all works out.

Good luck

Gina

#60 Keropi

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

Nic - so are you and DH going to go together?  I'm sorry to hear that this is something you are struggling with.  Gina summed up what I was thinking.

Michaela - I haven't spoken to this brother in quite a few years now but it was a surprise seeing my neice there and not being able to contact her.

My DH is away at the moment too.  Hopefully I can get my butt into gear and not sit on the computer all night.  I need to make lunches.

#61 MichelleM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

Nic I hope your having a great time at your Dads and getting some resr.  I also recommend seeing a  counsellor.

I really should be doing stuff while Scarlett is asleep.  We're toying with selling and have heaps of stuff we want to store to declutter, just a matter of getting the motivation to do it!

We went out to dinner and bowling last night with a couple of other families and we all had a ball!  Josh and Bel love bowling and Josh is actually getting pretty good.  Bel and I suck!

You've probably seen on FB but Josh had an accident at school on Wednesday and now has stitches in his forehead.  It was really quite gross when he did it, big gaping hole, stacks of blood!  Had the poor office ladies, the deputy and his teacher in hysterics (freaking, not laughing!)!  His poor teacher was in tears!

#62 FloralArrangement

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Tell Josh that is truly gross but I hope he is okay. Where are you thinking of moving too?

Still not 100% here Rob and I still snotty but we are better than we were. At least Tyler is feeling a lot better.

xx

#63 Keropi

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

Yes Michelle - where are you moving too?

#64 MichelleM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Far out, how sloooow is EB today!

Gina and Julie, we're not moving too far away, I want to keep the kids in the same primary school with their friends.  The block we're looking at is about 5 minutes drive away, the only issue we're having is that the block may be too small for the house we want to build on it so if it is we'll have to wait for a new subdivision to open end of next year (nice 1500m2 blocks).  In any case, this house seriously needs decluttering!

Josh should get his stitches out this afternoon.  He dropped a box on his head yesterday and made the wound bleed again so I hope he hasn't opened it up.  What on earth he was doing getting a heavy box off the top shelf himself though I'll never know.

Scarlett had her frist music and movement class today as a triial to hopefully start next term.  Apart from wanting to be fed every time we sat down on the floor (whenever I sit down she thinks it's feed time!) she enjoyed it.

She is a funny little thing.  This morning I told the kids to get their bags and wait at the front door to go to school so she runs and gets her bag (a little play nappy bag) and lines up at the door with the kids!  She insisted taking it into school too although I had to empty it before we got out of the car, it had 2 plastic dress up shoes and a toy dog!

#65 Keropi

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Michelle - Scarlett sounds adorable!  Good luck with the land purchase, how exciting!

I'm a glutton for punishment - applying for full time work and I have no idea how to put the application together!  Kids are good.

#66 Keropi

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

Watching the Eels, eating pizza, drinking champagne!

#67 MichelleM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

Eating risotto, readng FB & EB  biggrin.gif

#68 FloralArrangement

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:27 AM

Tell me about what you want for the house design? what size block do you have now? I hate hayfever. That's what I hate. Ty has taken Rosie swimming and Daisy for her first session working at HUNGRY JACKS lol. I want her to shelve at the library I bet this will spur her on once she has had a taste of HJ's.

Rose is foul at the moment super cranky and mimics what I say and tells me to shutup. We have one more week of school before hols and i hope she sleeps for 2 weeks 'cause I am not interested in putting up with her.

Off to brothers for tea tonight it was mums birthday during the week. We never get invited there and it was done quite rudely anyway I'll have a glass of wine and play with my naughty but cute nieces. DB and DSIL got the superior, holier than thou, supercilious gene OMG anyway that's life as you get older I guess.

Awww I'm cranky but have been feeling off for 2 months now so think that is contributing to my -ve feelings.

Tyler is under heaps of stress at work so comes home exhausted which is not condusive to happy families. I'll find a way I know just this bit that sucks lol.

#69 Keropi

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Gina let us know how you get on at dinner tonight.  What's with Rosie telling you to shut up?!  And yay on Daisy having a job.

Damien is at a buck's day/night, haven't seen him all day but for 5 mins.  Kids and I have been doing chores and man I'm knackered now.  It's amazing how long it takes to vacuum and wash a car and sweep the driveway.

#70 micallep

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hi girls, sorry I haven't been posting. So much has happened lately!!! I'm now officially a stay at home mum original.gif. I got offered a redundancy from work and we've managed to rejig finances so at least for now we can afford for me to stay at home!!!!

Busy organising J's school's first Spring Fair which is on this Sunday, also started assisting with Scripture classes at one of the local public primary schools once a week.

S has started ballet lessons and just loves them. A is now just over 3 months and a gorgeous little girl. Hates the car just like her big sister as a baby and cries all the way to and from somewhere sad.gif. J is loving school as always and doing extremely well, loves reading and can read anything now which means we can't spell out words that we don't want him to hear anymore LOL!!

xxx

#71 Keropi

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:27 AM

Ping congrats on your new status!  Glad to hear all is well.  you'll have to update us with photos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.