March 06 Parents # 151

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#26 *astro*

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

Its been ages since i've been on here... but like GIO and spinifex, i'm also expecting #4! Its great seeing everyones updated sigs, and tinks your two are still so gorgeous! I'm hoping my red hair might finally come through this time round...

Eve is doing well, not such a nutcase these days. Her fav food is runny boiled eggs.

#27 tinkster23

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

congrats to carol and astro!

Astro- don't hold your breath! My mum has the same colour hair and neither me nor my brothers got it! She's lucky tho, she's only 52 and looks quite young so she quite often gets mistaken for hannah's mother (she says MOST days she corrects them, but sometimes she just goes with it original.gif )

gio, did i tell you how clever you are, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010!
Well done!

WE are hoping for 2012. We got married 2003, hannah 2006, jack 2009 so next one needs to be 2012!

Ok, off to bed now, nice to see some people back in here

#28 OneMore?

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hello I was just passing through and thought I too would pop in and say Hi. I can't believe that we are talking about school and things for our BABIES, ha ha. Max is doing well, not TT at night (he is SO stubborn) but I'm fine with that, he is going to pre-prep (preschool) 2 days a week this year and it will be interesting as DS1 is off to school and it will be the first time they have been separated (a good thing in my eyes).

NO more babies for me DD has had a pretty rough trot medical wise (she doesn't put on weight.....6.55kg at 12 months) and we are none the wiser as to why. We spent from 31/12 to 10/1 in hospital undergoing a zillion tests.

We got married 02 had DS1 04, DS2 06 and DD 08 but 2010 is going to be a non event for us  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif well not really as DS1 starts school but no babies or marriages happy.gif

Congrats to all the pregnant ladies !

Edited by OneMore?, 12 January 2010 - 06:47 PM.

#29 Ethie and Lottie's Mum

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

Congratualtions Carol and Astro

#30 key4

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Hello All,

It has been ages since my last post too.

My wee man starts school tomorrow sad.gif I am not sure how I am going to handle this one! We were supposed to start last week but the new school was not ready to go, so there has been another week of anxiety. I guess it had to happen one day! Boy the years have passed so quickly.

Congrats to all the pregnant mummies hope all goes well for you.

Well I guess I had better get a good nights sleep before the big day tomorrow!

#31 spinifex

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

I can't believe how many of us are having babies this year.
Congratulations Astro and Joshie and Hannah's mum, and Tinks that is very organised of you to have your years planned so well! Lol at your mum sometimes lets'people run with her being Hannah's mum.
Key4 and OneMore, I hope all goes well with littlies starting school, we had one start last week and after two days she is loving it (has also been good to get filtered reports about her non-communicative older sister!). OneMore I hope you have some good outcomes for your little one, I hope they track down what the issue is asap.
Thanks for the congratulations, too, everybody. I'm a bit terrified as have forgotten what to do with a baby but I'm sure (hopeful?) it'll all work out okay.
Bye for now,
Carol.

#32 spinifex

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:35 AM

Is anyone out there? Big birthday month! Did anyone hear about how Amanda went with her baby?

Bye again, Carol.

#33 tinkster23

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

I'm pretty sure it was a girl....but thats all I know!

#34 blueynat

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

ph34r.gif  sorry ladies another that hasnt posted in ages.My excuse is relationship break-down and also being set on fire some how(cant remember that bit) so please excuse me not posting.

Congrats to everyone that is having another bub. I havent really caught up on everything yet but i will.

Hope everyone is well and I will be on more often from now on original.gif

Take care ladies

#35 GIO

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

Holy Crap - are you oK?

Yeah, I had a girl in Feb - Jemima.

Beautiful, beautiful birth - I have written it up in the birth stories section if you want to read.  She's adorable.

Henry - Have decided to keep him at kinder another year - as his speech and social skill are still a little behind - so I just think it will be the best thing for him in the long run.  Me, however, well I'll have Henry at 4yo kinder and Bram at 3 yo kinder, so I'll be up and down from that kinder nearly every day!!!!

#36 gizboo

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hello all!!

blueynat: Holy poo. Hope you are okay.

GIO: Congrats!

Sooooo long, since my last visit here (August last year! lol)

Ava is same old. Still a tall, grubby kid, who loves bugs, dirt, dresses & lives on minimal sleep.
A tad overconfident that makes her one of those loud, bossy, obnoxious sorts lol
Massive sz13 feet  huh.gif
Definitely an all round mini me.  tongue.gif
Ava

We are just at the end of a school application process.
We've just finished the selection criteria (two assessments & a parent interview), and are now waiting until July, to see whether she gets an offer. (Limited spots, priority cut off is Feb, we should be fine though as she is 'ready' according to the assessor)

Anyways, hope everyone is well?!
Where is everyone!!! lol

#37 ~mimo~

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

sh*t Nat! Are you ok?

GIO Congrats! biggrin.gif

Giz - Ava is adorable!

Charlotte is loving preschool and is streaming along there!! She's only size 10 feet but clothing is anywhere from a 4-6! :S

Things are plodding along ok for us all. No more kids though, 2 is enough! Tounge1.gif

#38 blueynat

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

yeah getting there slowly. Had a long road to recovering and huge ups and downs but all looking better now.
I just have some pretty nasty scarring on my top half of my body now but i'm alive which all that matters.

Congrats GIO on your new bundle biggrin.gif

Yolanda is still only tiny but her attitude makes up for her tiny body laughing2.gif She wont be going to school next yr like she wants too as with everything that happened she just couldnt handle it.

Giz Ava sounds so adorable

I will hopefully come back soon and finish this post off cause Amelia is trying to help  type and gotta pick Yolanda up from pre-school.

Take care and waves.gif to all

#39 ellie41

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hi all

Another one who hasn't been in here for ages!

Blueynat - I don't know what to say; sounds like you have had a terrible time. Please take care of yourself

Giz - beautiful photo!

Well I have another addition to my family. Benjamin Alexander was born on 28/5. So now I have 3 boys!! Ryan is the most adorable, stubborn, argumentative 4yo. I have no idea where he gets it from LOL Nicholas (akmost 2) is very much more laid back and is only naughty when he gets up to no good with Ryan original.gif Ryan is loving kindy though and he is the biggest in the class at 120cm and size 13 feet too!

Hope you are all doing well. Would be nice to get this thread moving again

#40 gizboo

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

These updates are lovely. All our little people are sounding rather grown up!  happy.gif

Nat! Sounds awful, glad you are getting through it though! Take care of yourself! x

Congratulations Ellie!!!
3 boys, they will def keep you on your toes!! lol
(I'm speaking as the aunt of 7 boisterous nephews, no nieces lol)
Wow!!! Ryan is tall!!! A is the tallest girl in her preschool class, but only 114cm in comparison.

We are tentatively expecting our #4 in Feb next yr. After a m/c last October, it's a bit nervewracking, so just going through the motions. We had decided to wait till Leo started school... And surprise!!! (no mention on fb pls)

Anyways, I'm supposed to be asleep, not EBing.
Drop back in soon x  

#41 ellie41

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Congrats Karina - I hope it is a sticky one for you and yes....I have no peace LOL

#42 tinkster23

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

omg posts!

I haven't looked here in AGES.

Firstly- giz biggest congrats! I've been quietly checking on your sig every now and then for #4! Not sure how you're going to cope with that age gap though Tounge1.gif

ellie- congats on your three gorgeous boys!

Nat- my goodness! I hope you are ok.

gio- congrats on your new arrival, I'd already read the gorgeous birth story (so , I stalk you guys a little, sue me!)

Hannah is going great at kindy now, after a really crappy start. She's pretty tall too, with size 13 feet as well!
The boy is gorgeous, an absolute joy, I'd have 10 like him!

We've just bought a new block of land so will be building a new house later this year which is very exciting.

Glad to see some posts here!

#43 *Meg*

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't written in for ages, I haven't really even been on EB much for a while either. Eeek.

Its lovely to see all the updates and all the wonderful new babies!! There must be so many children/babies in this group now!

Nat - That sounds very scary, I hope you are coming right now sad.gif

Larnie - lovely to see you posting I have often wondered how you are doing. Congrats on your new little girl original.gif  

Tinks - Your little Jack is gorgeous!

Ellie - I have a Benjamin too! original.gif

Karina - Congratulations!!  original.gif

Gio - I must go and read your birth story, I love reading really nice birth stories original.gif

Well my update - Hayley is doing very well at kindy. As shy as she was she is just going in leaps and bounds which is just great. I also just love the 4 year old stage, its so cute and the funny things she says just make me laugh all the time.  Her allergies are slowly getting better with time as is her eczema. She only has size 8 feet! No idea how tall she is. I have noticed that half the kindy class is her height and the other half is about a head taller so who knows! Benjamin is just adorable but very different to Hayley so its a learning curve. He appears to have no allergies which is a big relief.

Anyway I hope you are all well, I better leave it there for now.  

Meghan

#44 Ethie and Lottie's Mum

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

OMG Nat hope that you're ok  bbighug.gif

Congratulations Ellie on your baby boy and to GIO and Larnie on your little girls.

Giz - Ava is gorgeous. And congrats on your pg hope it all goes well for you.

Meg - great to hear that Hayley's allergies and eczema are slowly getting better.

Charlotte is doing great, she's a cheeky thing and I hope school is prepared for her next year as she isn't afraid to put you in your place lol! She's also tall for her age and has a size 12 foot. She goes to family daycare 4 days a week and absolutely thrives there thanks to her wonderful daycare mum. I've had a big career change this year. The office I was working in shut it's doors in Feb (I had been there 10 years) so I decided to start to follow my dream of becoming a nurse, so first up I've done Cert III in Aged Care and am now working in a nursing home and loving it. Next to apply to uni for next year so that I can do my nursing degree.

It's really great to see some movement in here.

Tanya

#45 *Meg*

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

Tanya - I also have the same dream as you! original.gif I did my Cert III in aged care a couple of years ago and have been doing homecare ever since. Am hoping to do my nursing studies in the next few years original.gif

#46 gizboo

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

Hey girls!

I saw a hb today, massive relief, feels a bit more real.
EDD is 3.3.11. S & I seriously know how to make a March baby!! lol

So glad to read I haven't got the only big footed 4yr old! Tounge1.gif

Ellie... Yeah... Peace, what is this phenomenon?!? lol

Tinks, congrats on the land!!! Very exciting stuff, have you guys chosen the house yet?

Tanya, good on you for making a career change original.gif Hope you enjoy nursing, rarely a dull moment lol

Meg, Max has sz 8 foot!! lol Glad to hear Hayley's allergies are on the improve. Benjamin is a cutie, can't believe he is 1 already!!

Okay, I'm off!
hugs to all xx

#47 Paragon~Of~Virtue

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:15 AM

mellow.gif

Hi.

OMG

I'm so behind.
I've heard bits and pieces about births, deaths and marriages. ;D   sad.gif  ohmy.gif

Errrr. I'm still kicking. And still quite insane.

#48 GIO

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hi POV

Are ou still in ballarat?

Hey girls remember Sam?  Lexalotti?  Well she is pregnant - noticed her on the boards.

#49 Paragon~Of~Virtue

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Yup 'Manda. In Ballarat but not for long. Taking off to Mildura soon.

Gratz on your baby girl!!!

#50 tinkster23

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Good god, we got a post from POV, we must be doing something right!!

Giz- congrats, thats excellent news, tho another march baby, always said you were crazy Tounge1.gif No house yet, but we're getting closer.

Not sure if everyone saw that kerry's (haven'thadenoughat6) daughter t'keyah passed away last week, kerry, if you are around, I've been thinking of you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.