March 06 Parents # 151

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#51 gizboo

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

T'Keyah's funeral was a beautiful celebration of her life. Goes without saying immensely sad, painful, but omg lovely. There were tears, smiles, a few giggles, and many hugs. Almost everyone wore crazy bright pink for a gorgeous and very special little girl. My heart aches for Kerry, R and their family. You guys are never far from our thoughts xxx

Tinks, eviction mid Feb. Two weeks after A starts Kindy.... We like a challenge lol
Have fun house hunting then!! So many possibilities... exciting stuff!

Hi POV & GIO! original.gif

Edited by gizboo, 20 July 2010 - 11:01 PM.

#52 tinkster23

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

A didn't start kindy this year? different bloody systems do my head in!
Hannah starts preprimary next year, 5 days a week, I'm a little thrilled, and more than a little sad about it

So she'll be among the oldest in the class? cos hannah was nearly the youngest.

#53 gizboo

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

lol Nope!!!
A will actually be one of the youngest... A lot of parents hold back their NSW Kindergarteners until it is the year they are turning 6. Our cut off is July 31 the year they turn 5, but the trend is too start holding back April/May babies until the next year. If that makes sense!?

Ava has been in a LDC with a preschool program since she was 3.
Kindergarten in NSW is the first formal year of education. We can send her next year or 2012. PreSchool and the Catholic school assessors have deemed her ready, so we are 90% sure to sending her next year.

I'm guessing NSW preschool is your Kindy.
And our Kindergarten is your PrePrimary??
The year after Kinder is 1st Grade...

Edited by gizboo, 21 July 2010 - 07:33 PM.

#54 tinkster23

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

I guess so, after preprimary is year 1, hannah is in kindy now, at the school, 2 days per week

the kids in her class either turned 4 before 30 june, or five before 31 dec

so confusing!
wacko.gif

#55 GIO

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Gizboo - Awwww, the funeral sounds beautiful. I shed a few little tears here for her.

Arrgghhh - All these different school systems in different states.

Henry is currently in kinder, but he will repeat it next year as he's still a bit behind socially, intellectually he's fine, but other stuff like he can't dress himself.

He put on seven, yes seven pairs of jocks yesterday when I told him to get dressed.  and he's always putting his jeans on back to front, does my head in.

Anyway, what it means is that he'll be one of the oldest in school.  And even though there is 17 months between him and his sister, there will be two schoolyears between them.  And he is 22 months older than Bram, but will be only one schoolyear ahead.

#56 GIO

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

Oh Jacqui - I'll have to come up for a visit before you leave.

PM me your phone number.

Cheers

#57 gizboo

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (GIO @ 31/07/2010, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, what it means is that he'll be one of the oldest in school.  And even though there is 17 months between him and his sister, there will be two schoolyears between them.  And he is 22 months older than Bram, but will be only one schoolyear ahead.

This will be us too.  original.gif
I'm not sure on Leo yet (March 07) but, he is very clever and has a amazing speech (clearer than Ava). But emotionally/socially he is a way off still. I'm aware he has another year before we decide though.
It's likely though that even though he is 12mths younger than Ava, he'll be two years behind her at school. But a year above Maxie who is 17mths younger.

I wish there was just a turn 5 by Jan 1 and start type rule. Would make life simpler. As it would be if we could agree on same names for our early education systems lol

A got accepted! Letters came last week. Orientation starts in October. Scary!!!
(As are the uniform prices!  huh.gif )
Hope everyone is well original.gif

#58 Jane01

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

Hello March 06'ers

Kerry - so sad to read your news.  My thoughts are with you.  

School - well, just to introduce another system into the mix, Sarah has been at 3 year old pre-school since September 2009.  It was 5 days a week, half days.  She starts 4 year old pre-school this month, called reception, 5 days a week, 9-2.30pm.  Such a big girl, and yes she wears a uniform.  

We are moving to Perth in December and we can't wait.  We've been overseas for so long.  That will mean Sarah will start pre-primary (4 year old kindy) in Perth in January 2011, 5 full days.  Catie will start year 3 in Hong Kong this month, then start it again in Perth in January.  I think they will both be amongst the youngest in their years, which I'm not too happy about.  We'll see if they need to be held back at some stage.  

Lovely to read everyone's news.

#59 ellie41

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hi all

I still can't get my head around the school system over here. I guess I will in time though!

I just find it odd that Nicholas won't start kindy until 2013 (he will be one of the oldest in his year) and then Ben, who is almost 2 years younger will start kindy in 2014 (he will be one of the youngest). Nicholas is ready to go now LOL (perhaps I should say I am ready for him to go now.....the joys of the terrible 2s!)

Hope you are all well....nice to see some movement back in here original.gif

#60 Ethie and Lottie's Mum

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

Kerry my thoughts are with you and your family xx

Jane how exciting for you to be moving back to Perth! Good luck with the move.

Charlotte starts prep next year (which is the NSW equivilant of kindergarten). I'm going to hand in her enrolment form this morning when I drop Ethan off this morning. I couldn't remember where I had put her birth certificate after we moved last year lol

Ellie those boys of yours are devine!

Tanya

#61 tinkster23

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:00 PM

Anyone still around?!?!?

I NEED your help, what are the girlies getting for xmas??

I have NO idea what to get hannah, santa's getting her a camera and I've got a blackboard easel for her, but nothing else so HELP

Cheers

#62 gizboo

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

Ava is getting a leapfrog tag system plus books (uploaded it all the other night, took ages but looks like fun), Barbie, Blurays, DS games.
All pretty boring stuff, but we are having a low profile Xmas so figure we can get away with it lol

Hope everyone is well original.gif

#63 ~mimo~

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

Tinkerbelle pjs, underwear and fairy dolls so far.

Toy story and shrek and ice age DVDs. That's all I can remember. We are thinking of getting a trampoline too.

#64 GIO

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

Merry Xmas all

Our kids are getting a trampoline this year.  

Hope you are all well.

This will be my first Xmas with four kids.  Oh Dear!

#65 ~mimo~

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

Congrats on your precious bundle giz! What's her name?

Larnie Congrats to you too!

Edited by ~mimo~, 10 March 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#66 Supernova2012

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

Happy birthday to the March kids! Hope all the school starters are enjoying themselves! charlotte loves school. I finally got my third bub!

#67 Cassmac17

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hi All
Another long lost poster...... I havent been on in ages.........lovely to see all the new bubs and familiar names.
We have been busy...i am working three days and just making it all fit in.....
Siena is 5 and starts school next year but orientation starts this week. I am more excited than she is i think.
Ryan will be 3 in september and is a little cheeky darling..... though his father says i spoil him but i am getting as many cuddles and kisses i can before he says "yuk" !!
The kids do creche/kinder while i am working. I am liking still having my mondays and fridays off.
We are off to Port Douglas next week for some warmth...cant wait....anyone up that way you will see some brilliant flashing of white skin from us Victorians!!  biggrin.gif

Congrats GIO and Spinifex on No. 4... I take my hat off to you ....... 2 is the number for us.... I am getting too old ....though my hormones were jumping about after i had ryan......... but we have been blessed and best not to push it.......

So best wishes to you all and i will try and pop in more often now that i have found the link again....
cheers
Cass

#68 gizboo

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (~mimo~ @ 10/03/2011, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats on your precious bundle giz! What's her name?

Geez... been a while since I popped in obviously lol
Zoe is almost 10mths old now, and walking everywhere  happy.gif

Ava's last day of school today, it's absolutely flown by, Leo starts school next year!
Busy busy here, I'm studying so my balance is a bit out, but I love hectic, so its working well for me. lol

Hope everyone is well!
And that our 2011 school starters had a great year!! Yr1!!  ohmy.gif

#69 GIO

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

LOL!  Me too!

I think I pop in once a year to say Merry Xmas!

Hahaha - Nah, I just popped in to find Tinkster so I can send her a PM.

Hope everyone is well!!!

#70 3'sACharm

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Some of you may remember me some may not..but I basically wanted to come in here and just say hi and put an updated photo of my March 06 'baby'

Feel free to add your own, would love to see how they are all going!!

Zac

ZAC 1

ZAC 2

#71 tinkster23

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hes  gorgeous!

Will add pics of Hannah when on the computer

#72 GIO

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Happy 6th Birthday march babies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.