#6 gimmeguitars

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

hrm 5th post... does that mean I get

:
I
V

(.) (.)

? laughing2.gif

well it was all rainy today, we didn't get to the farm. Ended up paying for my friends and her kids plus my kids to go on the tourist train and to Kids Ahoy. Ho hum. Tho I actually liked that it was so low key, I have never had a birthday "weekend" that was so relaxed it was bliss. Spent all day yesterday in the garden which was also lovely (if a little messy haha).

Have a great week everyone original.gif

#7 gimmeguitars

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:31 PM

we have been toilet training all this week and SMOOTH sailing...any accidents have been only because we haven't got to the potty in time. He's gone from not even wanting to sit on the potty to peeing in little kids toilet in public, to even using full size toilet. He tried peeing outside today but didn't like having to hold his penis!!!!! laughing2.gif but he did do one. Just got it all over his jocks and pants, but hey it is DEFINATELY progress, for sure. Not so great with poos but we will get there. Even staying dry for his naps, I put his nappy on over his jocks. Last night he stayed dry overnight then weed like 6 times today!!! so excited. Goodbye nappies YAY

sorry had to boast he is doing so well, my dd took absolutely forever and ALWAYS forgot/held on too long. Like I went shopping at the big shopping centre today and had to drive for 20 mins, with DD I wouldn't have chanced it, with him he was fine. Sooooo happy right now!! Please keep it up little man.

Sorry if TMI for anyone wink.gif it just seems like something seems to have "clicked" in his brain!

#8 JoRiCo

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

eexcite.gif  Way to go Jett!!!!
Chris isn't it great when they finally get it, Riley has been out of nappies for a few months now but he has also been waking up dry so we are about to ditch the nappies at night now. I'm a bit scared but he has been dry for 2 weeks now so think it's time.

It's quiet in here!

All good here just plodding along!
Dannii

#9 MamaCass

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hi girls

Just wanted to let you know that I had my 12 week scan on Wednesday and everything is fine and good. The baby has a heartbeat of 165bpm which is good. It looks healthy and has all its bits and pieces. And is very active apparantly which makes me definitely suspect another boy but I guess you never know. I really don't care anyway I just want a healthy baby at the end of it all. Unfortunately I did not get any pics I can upload because they put them all on a film that looks more like an xray, weird. But all is well here. I have my first midwife appointment on Tuesday as I am having the baby at a midwife run birth centre so a completely different experience for me as I had an obstetrician and private hospital experience last time. Anyway I am very relieved and completely ecstatic that all is good. I can now plan, bond and move forward with everything. I felt as though everything was on hold until we found out it was ok. I look forward to my 20 week scan and hope that I can get a 4d one this time as I didn't with Dylan that would be pretty cool.

I am not announcing on Facebook yet as I have a few people to tell that are family/close friends and I don't want them to read about it there. Also I went for a job interview yesterday internally and want to wait til I find out if I get it or not before announcing to work.

Anyway hope all are well.

Oh and yay Jett. I nearly have a toilet trained boy too except for poos. Also he is not 100% keen on public toilets but is now mostly nappy free yay.

#10 JoRiCo

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

Cass- That is FANTASTIC news!!!  ddance.gif So happy that bubs is doing great! You must be feeling more relaxed now.

Dannii

#11 whydoibother

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

yaY cASSIE! eexcite.gif

#12 Lee~XOX

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

eexcite.gif Cass

#13 gimmeguitars

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

YAY Cass that is fantastic, so so so good!
I heard fast heartbeats mean a girl! I think it was on one of those discovery health shows, it was like a myth or something but they tested it and in their tests it was like 90% right or something.
Are you going to Frankston? I had a great experience there (believe it or not laughing2.gif I had a doctor -thats what she said she was, I thought she would be an obstratrician, or maybe that's what she meant) and a midwife in training there for the birth of DS, with DD I had her at the Bays which is private (Hiiii Helena laughing2.gif ) and a private obs, and we ended up getting transferred to Frankston anyway as they couldn't cope with her needs being early etc! so yeah I am all for supporting natural birth etc as in even home birth for sure just not for me, I am considered too high risk. Not that you said that, I just thought of that, you know how home birthing is being considered illegal soon wacko.gif but yeah I suppose what I meant is that it's good you are in a big hospital as you SHOULD  have any level of care needed. But hopefully it is simple and straightforward for you of course original.gif

So happy for you     xoxox

sorry for rambling it has been a Looooong day at work and I am exhausted.

#14 MamaCass

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:31 PM

Thanks girls I am so happy and relieved and can just enjoiy it now. I got a terrible migraine at work today so came home early and had the afternoon in bed it was great as the ILs had Dylan. Feel better now.

Chris I don't think I would ever have a home birth as I like hospitals (LOL) but I used an OB that although I liked him a lot and would recommend him I was so low risk with Dylan and I think he used inervention that was unneccessary (i.e. ventouse) and was very expenisve and it is money we jjust don't have at the moment. We are a bit far away from Frankston so I am going to Monash Medical Centre which is at Clayton. I think this pregnancy is now low risk I think it was probably high rish for the first 12 weeks  due to previous miscarriages but now is low so I don't really need an Ob. And as you said I am in a big hospital anyway if something goes wrong, they just transfer you to the hospital.

Dinner here yum.

#15 whydoibother

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

ph34r.gif

#16 Lee~XOX

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Just plodding along here.  

Starting to count down until the move.  3 weeks yesterday.  Planning and prepping for the renos.  The internal walls and painting will be done before we move in.  

G is continuing on her solids.  She had her first piece of meat last week.  She reacted cry1.gif  So no meat, wheat or CMP products for at least another 2 months (paed will review her at 9mo). It's starting to get rather hard TBH in limiting her intake - and supervising C as he is still allowed those products.  I really don't want to alter the whole famiy's diet.  

Coming down with a cold, again!!  I guess being PG straight after Georgia hasn't been so good for my body.  I am so run down.  

We have our 24w appointment next week.  

Georgia is now sleeping in her room, and in her cot.  After being in the cradle up there for a week, I moved her to the cot and she's gone OK.  She hated the cot before.  

That's all really.  We're so boring here.  

Cally ~ How's N going?  You have issues with allergies with him too, don't you?

Cass ~ Glad you've got past the 12w bump.  I hope you can start enjoying your PG now.  

waves.gif everyone else.  I hope we're all well.  The Miss who is supposed to be sleeping isn't, so I best go see what she's up to.  

xx

#17 whydoibother

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

Lee: yeah he is CMP I am taking him back to the immunologist next week the 8th in Perth, they did the SPT and that showed up negative last time.  So i gave him bottles of cows mil and he broke out in hives all over his body. He has asthma as well so he is just an a topic individual.
It all sucks!

#18 ~Perplexity~

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

Lee - Sorry you are having troubles with G and her allergies.  H has so far had reactions to pear, mango, rice cereal and amoxicillin.  The mango and/or amoxycillin was the worst (he had them at the same time) he had a rash all over his trunk.  Completely different allergies to E hers were egg, wheat, and a lactose intolerance, although she still has eczema problems i can't relate them back to foods yet.

Cass - So glad your scan went well.  Hope you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy now.

Edited by fraggles, 28 August 2009 - 01:24 PM.

#19 whydoibother

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hiya
Well I spoke too soon...Noah has a rash again-he got into the left over rice bubbles I left on the sink and yeah they had cows milk on it.  sad.gif  At least it isn't full blown hives...oh and he is now on flixotide puffer for the foreseeable future.  poor bubba sad.gif
fraggles: wow! H already has a quite a few reactions! not fun at all! MIl is allergic  to penicillin etc apparently it is quite common.  that is unusual to pear as it is usually one of the safer foods. poor bubba sad.gif

#20 winterbaby

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

What is with all the babies having reactions to things these days?  Not sure if it's a higher percentage with allergies these days or just that there are a high percentage on EB but it's amazing...

Trying to keep Meily completely off dairy (with the exception of her formula) till she's close to 12 months in the faint hope of avoiding her getting a CMP allergy too... Ben's paed thinks if we can keep ben completely off dairy for a yr or 2 he *may* outgrow it too, but I don't hold out much hope.

#21 Lee~XOX

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:34 AM

Nikki ~ If you're avoiding dairy with Em, I'd love to hear what you offer her.  I am findig it hard ATM - particuarly in the finger / keeping them occupied stuff.  She has carrot, celery and some rice discs which are safe (from the health aisle).  I am going to cook up some stuff today and am thinking I will do peas to offer her after dinner or before dinner whilst I am busy.  

I bought wheat free pasta last week which she'll have shortly (she's also not allowed wheat and meat).  I might cook that up today too.  

Weekend, eh!??  What's that?  DH is working as usual  sad.gif

Good news is both trucks are now back to FT.  One has been off the road for about 2 months oomg.gif  I am actually really proud of the fact that even with that we still didn't fall behind in our obligations IYKWIM.  Anyway, now we need to get another driver in again (that last one quit just as we were to sack him).  Once all that is organised we will have a resemblance (sp?) to a normal life.  Chris will work M-F with most of the weekend off  cool.gif

#22 whydoibother

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:03 PM

well this time N's rash is viral-took him to doctor this morning sad.gif
will go for a blood test Monday if it is the same sad.gif

#23 gimmeguitars

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

omg Cally not long to go now!!!!!!!

sorry you have all had such a crappy week with allergies, must be so frustrating and worrying.

Happy Birthday lil Aedan of course.

Busy busy busy week- when will it slow down just a bit?

#24 winterbaby

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

Lee - I make most of her food (cause my weekends aren't busy enough as it is laughing2.gif)

She's on the Heinz follow-on normal formula (Ben's on the toddler one) cause for some unknown reason they don't react to that one even though it's cows milk based.  My guess is because formula is heat treated & that de-natures it.

Other than that she has:

potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, green beans, corn, peas, spinach, celery, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, rafferty's baby cereal, rafferty's vegies, chicken, sausages (beef or chicken), lamb, white fish & pasta.

When I mash or puree the food I use the cooking water.  Also make her cereal up with either water or EBM.

The meat I either grate from frozen (piece off a chicken breast), use motherly cubes or give chunks of sausage / chicken etc.

She hates eating mush or being spoon fed so generally eats what we do.
Saturday night she had a corn cob (which I ended up cutting the kernals off as 2 teeth don't do a very efficient job laughing2.gif), sausage, zucchini slices & mashed sweet potato.  Sweet potato was thrown on the floor rolleyes.gif.
Last night she had some ravilloi after her baby mush (she actually ate half the mush last night ddance.gif).

Fave foods are zucchini & corn... She eats the zucchini raw or cooked - she's amazing, it just disappears which is good for me as I HATE it LOL.

#25 gimmeguitars

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Nic how do u cook the grated frozen chicken breast? just curious, what a great idea, I should have thought of something like that when K was a baby she HATED anything remotely lumpy. We were really lucky with J- he will eat most things. I do laugh at times when he says "no pumpkin" or "no peas" because I hate them too, I have tried him on them a few times and he just generally doesn't like them. SO I have to go with that. I am trying to teach them to taste everything, that it is ok to not like some things, but that is after trying them quite a few times (even as a last resort I've tried disguising them, they still *know* what it is and say they won't eat them... so now I just tell them what it is and make out about how insanely YUMMY they are. Oh but you wouldn't like them at all...... laughing2.gif .... they don't let us have any sometimes when we play that game original.gif
*wicked evil grin*

Edited by gimmeguitars, 01 September 2009 - 07:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.