July 06 Parents # 157

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#26 Lee~XOX

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

cry1.gif

What a day.  I just want to curl up and go to sleep.  

Georgia had her first accident.  She was in her swinging high chair whilst I was getting dressed.  Campbell decided to take the high chair tray off and 'unlock' the swing lock so she fell out over the waist buckle.  I heard her blood curdling cry and came running.  She was on her belly on the tiles with blood coming out of her nose and a small pool of it on the floor.  She was so hysterical.  I called an ambo because of the nose blood.  I really was thinking the worse - like something from the brain you know.  It was an agonising 20 minutes until the ambulance came.  They're confident she is in fact fine and just damaged her nose tissue a little.  She has no bumps on the head or anything so it looks like her nose is the only thing which contacted with the floor.  She was a little trooper and gave them her best blood infused smile  sad.gif   Cuddles for a couple of hours and some panadol eventually saw her into bed.  

Campbell says he wanted to swing her.  I have no idea what prompted him since I'd only left the room less than a minute beforehand and they were both playing happilyy, individually.  

He is generally so good with her that it's never been an issue before though.  I am normally careful as to what positions I leave them alone in so a little peeved at myself.  I was so angry with Campbell whilst I was thinking the worse.  I didn't say anything at the time though as I needed him quiet so I could calm G and talk to the 000 operator.  Now I am still a bit numb to process it all I think.  

I feel sick.  I need to eat lunch but I really don't feel like making anything.  She's sleeping and so is Campbell.  I could really do with a nap myself I think, but want to be alert and close the Georgia.  cry1.gif

#27 winterbaby

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

Oh Lee - hhugs.gif I'm glad she is ok!  

Emily came home from Daycare on Tues with what looked like a sunburnt face - I queried it & was told no they hadn't been outside & the girls that were there had no idea how it happened.  Fast forward to Wed night & I'm told that she had fallen over on Tues & hit her face, but because there was no mark the girls didn't write up an incident form  ffear.gif.  My poor baby has a big graze that looks like a blood blister the length of her nose!

Ahh well, I guess they'll have a lot more bumps & bruises as they learn.... Poor Ben still has a scar above his eye from an accident last year. ddown.gif

Chris - Yes, wish I had thought about grating the meat when Ben was little too!
I just *ahem* put it in with the vegies.... or cook it really really quickly in a pan.

Jenni - I hope your poor little man is on the mend now!!!

#28 whydoibother

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

Lee: hhugs.gif noses bleed so much! Noah launched himself face first of the lounge and got a bloodf nose. Amelia fell down the back step when she was little and cut her lip-it bled heaps glad Daz wasn't there he would've panicked!
Hope G is ok...these things happen unfortunately.

#29 ~Perplexity~

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

Oh Lee how scary.  I would have been a mess as well, i don't cope well when the kids get injured and go into panic mode.  

#30 ~Goggles~

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

Oh Lee!!! Poor Georgia. I would have been beside myself sad.gif
Glad she is okay and i hope she is feeling okay today

#31 Lee~XOX

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

I can't get into my messages on Facebook.  

There is one new message re Caden - is it just chat or something else re theatre today??

#32 JoRiCo

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Lee- Caden was suppose to have a PICC Line put in today but I got a message from Jen saying that the Paed and the anethestist (sp?) were discussing if it was safe or not. He seems alot better but keeps getting tangled in the IV line.

Hope everyone is well!

Dannii

#33 whydoibother

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

Any more updates on Caden? Been thinking of him esp as I was in PMH yesterday sad.gif poor baby boy.
Even when Noah had the iv lines in as a baby it was a PITA! and he didn't move around!

Back from Perth trip with Noah...well they are saying cows milk allergy but not a severe one! He is one of the 1-2% that don't react to a skin test, but as he has mild to moderate symptoms he is to avoid cows milk in large amounts and has an anaphylaxis plan and epipen in case of a severe reaction. Once his asthma is under control, I am to introduce small amounts in yoghurt etc so he will sort of desensitise a bit...then back in 8 months.
Tired, got a bit of shopping done mainly for Amelia went to cotton on kids and got her a tutu for $10 (was $25) and a top with fairy wings ont eh back. Oh and a dress from myer and a nice skirt.

Oh well Jen if you read this I am thinking of you and Caden...hhugs.gif

#34 Lee~XOX

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

Just thought I would share DD showing off her pettiskirts ...

#35 whydoibother

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

love the skirts Lee-she looks so much like her daddy though original.gif

Noah sick again! high fever and screeching-not sure whether to take him to the doc or not sad.gif

Edited by Rough-Diamond, 10 September 2009 - 10:07 AM.

#36 whydoibother

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

well N has bad UTi-will be on abs for a month and his rash has some ointment for it...
oh well just glad the doctor got me to take his urine for testing sad.gif

my poor boy.

Jen: I hope Caden is ok and thinking of you xox

#37 ~Perplexity~

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

Hi everyone,

Oh i hope Caden is doing ok, i am not on anyones facebook so am not sure what is happening.

#38 gimmeguitars

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:33 PM

oh lee you are evil! did u get them from princess ratbag?

hope Caden and Noah are ok, I am sooo behind as we've been away.

Steve had a panic attack while we were away he had to have oxygen and an x-ray and ecg. Hopefully we were covered for the ambulance bill (it was st. john but we are ambulance victoria members - yet we were in Alice Springs)

things not good here. All we did was argue on our "holiday"

I am at my wits end!!!! rant.gif

#39 gimmeguitars

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:09 PM

forgot to add!!!!!!! that Jett went to his first kinder thing tonight. I had to fill in the paperwork and pay half of the term 1 fees tonight. This is for 3 year old kinder which he will be going to next year. He had a great time. There was only a couple of other kids there but he didn't seem intimidated by the room or anything, suppose it will be different when all the kids are there. Normally he goes into his shell in social situations, as he hasn't really been to daycare regularly. I put him in occasional care when I am stuck but that would be maybe once every 8 weeks, maybe (?) and it is only for an hr or two.

I am trying to get him in on a wed morning. I thought it was going to be Fri afternoon so I am happy= I work fridays. Wed I am free so I *might* have ONE whole morning to myself next year (eg. 2.5 hrs LOL). What am I gonna do? laughing2.gif

#40 whydoibother

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

Chris: see Amelia can't go to kindy here until 2011!  ohmy.gif  sorry to hear your holiday was tainted by arguments sad.gif

#41 ~Perplexity~

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

Chris - Sorry your holiday was not what you hoped.

I am not sending E to 3 year old Kinder as she goes to creche 3 days a week.  She will be going to 4 year old in 2011.

#42 MamaCass

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

Chris Sorry your holiday was not all you hoped for. I will be sending Dylan to 4 year old kinder in 2011 at the moment he is in the kinder room at daycare but not sure about next year as I will be on Mat Leave I am hoping to keep him in one day a week but not sure if we will be able to afford it.

Hi everyone else, still here, still pregnant, a bit over it already but really want my bubba. I have my 20 week scan in 3 weeks. Yay.

#43 Lee~XOX

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

waves.gif

Chris ~ No, it was a cheapie from eBay.  I bought 2, one was really great (red) and the other was standard (a white one).  Only spent $50 all up though which is less than 1 @ Princess Ratbag original.gif

Cally ~ How's N feeling?  Your wedding must be close now??  Exciting.  I remember it well.  original.gif  I've spent the morning fighting with Chris though, so, you know!!

Cass ~ I'm with you.  I want my body back.  I wasn't ready to be pregnant so soon.    I feel so over it already because I didn't get to enjoy not being PG if that makes sense.  If I wish it away though that means a baby is here and I don't know if I am ready for that either oomg.gif

I was just thinking about it the other day.  I am so not prepared for another bub.  I am just getting comfortable with my two.  Leaving the house, getting organised, having a routine.  I anticiapted G joining us the while time I was PG whereas this time I am IGNORING it  huh.gif  I'll be in for one rude schock!!

I am HATING 3yo.  Seriously.  The last day or two has been an improvement thankfully.  We're trialling a bit of an elimination diet with him.  I really have no idea what I'm doing  rolleyes.gif but it seems to be making a difference.  Basically he's not having preservatives.  His behaviour and attitude is horrible.  I am not helping the situation as he aggrevates me too much.  

C is at daycare one day a week.  I am thinking of moving him up to two shortly, just to relieve the tension between us.  He's still in the toddler room for now.  He won't be doing kinder/preschool elsewhere next year.  

G is gorgeous.  She is starting to teeth but doesn't have any yet.  She's almost sitting on her own.  She doesn't get much practice time as the house is mostly tile.  Campbell was crawling in a few weeks.  I have to admit ATM they're kind of matched.  He sat, and crawled within the week.  

We're meant to be starting our renovations on the house today.  We need to move by 6 Oct.  Chris has decided that it's all my idea now and I can start it.  Basically, now that work is required, he's changed his mind  rant.gif  Pretty much what I said would happen when he was convincing me he wanted to do it shrug.gif  Unfortunately, we still have to move, so now we're limited to what can be done in one weekend.  

Better go organise lunch for the Monster.  I don't know why.  He won't eat it or anything but he'll whinge for the next hour if I don't rolleyes.gif

#44 gimmeguitars

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

I think you're doing a fantastic job Lee.

Hope everything is going ok for Jen.

#45 Lee~XOX

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:45 PM

Thanks Chris.

Yay on Jen getting out.  

I'm seeing a pretty big difference in DS since stopping a lot of his crap food.  

Yesterday @ Thomas (not one tantrum ALL day)...

G awake.. will add more photos later

Edited by Lee~XOX, 21 September 2009 - 03:18 PM.

#46 wiggler

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

Hello all

Been very busy with life. Terrible excuse but very true.

Poor Caden - can anyone fill me in with what has happened?? Picc lines makes me think a very sick bubba. How is Jenni?? Can I help at all?? I havent been on here for so so long.

Lee -Poor G and the chair.  Kids are amazing it what they cope with. Chris looked after a little girl that bounced out of a high set queenslander on the the lawn below. Bub seemed fine, Dad who was doing his first sole parenting day with a toddler while mum went out to treat herself was more upset than the little girl.  Noses and lips also bleed a lot. I bet C was really just trying to play. Tom gets accidentally injury a lot by big brother James "playing" with him. Have to say though now Tom is approaching two, James has come off second best more than once. I bet you will be great as a mum of three. C and G will just get easier and easier. Dont stress too much about the tantrum, we still have plenty....infact Tom can out shine James at times. Time out, ignoring and being giggled at by your parents seems to be working on James. Tom is a whole different kettle of fish. All those tactics seems to make him more angry. We havent quite decided how to appraoch his tantrums yet. One bonus I can say about Tom's wobblies, is that a few weeks ago he threw a huge one at dinner and James sat there watching it and then turned to me and seriously asked "what is wrong with Thomas, Mummy". It was like the penny finially dropped with James and he realised how silly the behaviour is.

Helena -  bbighug.gif

...woken two year old. Hopefully back soon

#47 wiggler

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hello

Definately slowed down in here in recent months.

Tom turned two today - I finially have to admit I have no more babies just little boys. Gorgoeus little boys. Helped look after a newborn today (also called Thomas) which really mafde it sink home how big my little men are.

Hope all our well. James is going through a real "why?" phase. 100s of times a day about everything - what does it rain, why is it cold, why does it go dark, why do you have to work, why does my body heal, why  why why why....driving Chris and I bonkers but funny at the same time.

How are all the other little kids going??

K

#48 gimmeguitars

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

I am sleeping at my parents place. 'nough said! I don't want to live with an alcoholic anymore.... especially after our trip away. God it was awful.

:/

#49 whydoibother

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:40 PM

: hhugs.gif chris  you are doing the right thing

#50 Lee~XOX

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

Oh Chris.  I'm sorry to hear that, but then not sorry you are removing yourself (and the kids) from the situation.  

We're all ears if you need to let off steam hhugs.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.