All Boy Families #11

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#26 chelba

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

Anita   eexcite.gif  ffear.gif  eexcite.gif  ddance.gif  hheart.gif  tthumbs.gif  ppinkstork.gif  ppinkstork.gif  bbluestork.gif  bbluestork.gif  bbabyflip.gif  bbabyflip.gif  babygirl.gif  babygirl.gif  babygirl.gif  babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif

yay lol. Congrats.

#27 SLJ

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

ddance.gif eexcite.gif  

Congratulations Anita

ddance.gif

#28 Wild Strawberry

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

Ekk found this thread on page 8!!!

bbaby.gif Congrats Anita  bbaby.gif
Hope pregnancy is treating you well original.gif

Not much exciting stuff hapening here bit i am LOVING being Mum to 3 boys.

My bub is just so beautiful and he sleeps all night!!! Love it!! Am in shock as my others were such bad sleepers well into their toddler years. Never really believed little bubs slept though the night...though all the Mums who told me that were in on some conspiracy to make me feel like a bad Mum LOL

Hope everyone else is going well with their boys biggrin.gif

#29 YvetteE

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Well it's been a while hasn't it!

Congrats Anita!  wonderful news!

Jo - congrats on the birth of your baby boy!

Janelle - sorry that the move has been so traumatic!  Hope you have settled in a bit more now.

Denimangel - you are getting close now!

As for me, I finished my Certificate IV in Community Services.  I really pushed myself to complete it and was so happy when I did it.  Just waiting on the results for my final subject and then it is done!  Onto the diploma next year.

My boys are doing great, Cohen starts school next year and we have had orientation and uniform fittings etc. which is very excited.  He has met his teacher (she is lovely) and he already knows a few kids from preschool so I'm hoping he will be very happy.

Apart from that, we have bought a second hand camper trailer and we are doing our first trip away in a couple of weeks.  We are just going away for 2 nights but we are looking forward to it.  It seemed the most cost effective way to have holidays!  We are also hoping to give the boys a lot of great memories.

Not much else to report (well there probably is but I don't want to bore you all and I'll be here for ages!).  Hope you are all doing well and would love to see some more posts!

Take care everyone.

#30 SLJ

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hi All

Thought it was about time I dropped in, been a bit busy over the Christmas/New year period.

Haydn is now 4 and started kinder this week, went really well and loves it.

Mason has been sick (for longer than necessary due to a drs incompetance) but is now on the mend thanks to a few rounds of antibiotics. he is now 21 months, talking up a storm and throwing some monster tantrums.
We have just set up his big bed and he is gradually getting used to that.

Other than that all is pretty much the same here.

3bluestars - congrats on your baby, and getting a good sleeper, was pretty lucky with both mine too.

Yvette - Hope the tripping around is going well, sounds like a lot of fun. hope Cohen went well at school.

Couple of update photos of my boys.
Just before Christmas

Haydn

Mason

If anyone is interested in keeping up on facebook send me a pm and I'll give you my details.

#31 Pinkbug

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

Hi everyone!  original.gif  I've just come searching for this group as I have a question...
What do you think is the most effective disciplining strategy for boys?

I've just had a discussion with DH because DS1 just bit DS2 and it's not a one-off by any means. DS2 does bite DS1 at times too but I just don't know what to do differently. We've tried naughty mat, time out room (one with no toys), and even smacks, but time out type things don't seem to bother DS1, and DH thinks my smacks aren't hard enough to have any effect. Actually, DH thinks the solution to the biting is for him to bite back (as in DH to do the biting) but I am really against doing that, it makes me want to cry just thinking about it.  sad.gif DH grew up in a family with 3 boys (as the youngest) and I grew up in a family of 7 girls (as the youngest) and, what made me want to come in and ask here is that, DH thinks raising boys requires things like biting them back  huh.gif I'm not convinced...I asked him what is it about you biting that would give an effect (thinking we may be able to think of something less abusive) and he said the element of surprise and the fact that someone in power did it (as opposed to a sibling). I think that if anything, we're here to love and protect our kids from hurt, not be the one's hurting them, but I do realise that I only have a few years experience as a mum, and some of you would know much more. I also know though that each child is different with respect to what motivates their behaviour. With DS1 there doesn't seem to be any kind of 'currency' for keeping his behaviour in check...if he doesn't get to do what he wants or get the things he wants then he's likely to yell and scream etc until he decides to do something else instead. It's frustrating. So yeah, I know that what works for one boy may not for another, but where else would there be more collective experience with dealing with disciplining boys?!  laugh.gif Any advice would be welcome. I'm at least open to considering most things, I really don't want to bite my kids though  huh.gif

How has everyone been? There have been a couple of little babies born since I wrote last I think, and a couple of pregnancies announced! Congratulations!! ddance.gif Hope everyone is going well! Happy Easter!

xx

#32 Marvel

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

Bumping this thread and joining in biggrin.gif

My name's Michelle, I live in the ACT, have 2 gorgeous boys and another little boy on the way wub.gif

Hi Pinkbug!! waves.gif

Sounds like your DS1 is just a bit cranky because DS2 bites him with less consequence maybe?? Do exactly the same discipline for both boys, regardless of age, to show DS1 that it isn't ok for anyone to bite anyone else.

He is also old enough to have a discussion about it - I have sat down both boys to explain to them why things are unacceptable, and using the right tone and age appropriate wording, the message gets through. original.gif

#33 Bob-the-skull

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Hi,

thought i would join in here biggrin.gif

I have my two boys who are 5 and 2...

Well after spending half this week in hospital with DS2 and ezcema i am glad to be home... kinda... if these two would stop trying to kill each other!

Hmmm as for the biting... I wouldnt bite back. As you said DS2 has bitten DS1 before i would be thinking he is biting him back as retailation so therefore you biting him wouldnt really work. As its a first attempt at biting i wouldnt think to hard about it, but make sure you are stern on DS2 doing it, DS1 may learn by assosication that you get in trouble for doing it.

#34 dessy123

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

I found this linked through another thread, what a cool group, one that I can join biggrin.gif I am a mum to 2 beautiful boys DS1 is 7 yrs, DS2 is 2 yrs and step mum to a 10yr old boy, so 3 all up, only see my step son 50% of the time.

Anyway, just thought i would introduce myself  original.gif

#35 Pinkbug

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hi again original.gif

Re: the biting...both boys do get the same discipline it's just that DS1 is the more violent of the two and I don't know what other forms of discipline to try (seeing as though he doesn't seem to be learning). If anything, the times DS2 has bitten DS1 is in retaliation. Thanks Mishy, and good to see you here!  biggrin.gif Yes, maybe it's time for a more involved chat with him about it. I mean, of course I do explain why it's not good to bite (or do other things for which he get's disciplined) but I think I forget that he's mentally growing all the time and that it may be worthwhile to try and explain again.  yyes.gif Very helpful advice!

Hi Meh, welcome! Oh no, your DS2 in hospital with ezcema! What can they do in hospital for that? I thought it would be a matter of applying creams etc? Hope he's all better now.

Welcome dessy too!  grin.gif

xx

#36 ~Nic~

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Yay!! I had no idea this thread existed until today!!!

Just thought I would say hello - I have three boy's - 6 1/2yo, 3 1/2yo and 5 month old...

Nothing else to add, so will go and read the previous posts now!

Nic.

#37 ohboy

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

Yay!! I had no idea this thread existed until today!!!

Me Either

I'm Kristina mum to six boys aged 11, 10, 6, 4, 2 and 1

Look forward to the chats and getting to know you all

#38 Wild Strawberry

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Yay!! This thread has been very quiet so maybe we will get some more traffic here!!!

Thanks A2 for the link  biggrin.gif

I am Jo and my 3 boys are 4, 2 (3 next week!) & 6.5 months.

#39 ~A2~

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

Hi everyone

No worries on the link.

Have a look at the Buddy Group guidelines at the top of the thread and settle in.

Happy chatting

Ali

#40 summermum

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

Hi out there,

Good to see this thread going again.
I'm a Mum to 3 boys - ages -  9, 6 & 1.

Will love to pop in here more often and chat.

#41 ~A2~

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

bump

#42 Marvel

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

Hmm - perhaps we need a bit of a quiz to get things jumping in here again?? laughing2.gif

Where are you from?

How many boys do you have and how old are they?

Are there any more babies in your future?

How did you come up with their names?

What is the best thing about being a mum to all boys?

What is the worst thing about bein a mum to all boys?

I know some of these questions have been answered already, but it's still a bit of a fun timewaster  happy.gif

#43 ~A2~

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

If members here know of anyone else who might like to join send them a link too as the BG area is a bit out of the way and members only really come here once they know about a group that would interest them.

Ali

#44 SLJ

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hi All,

Saw The All Boy Families thread pop up and thought it was about time I popped in again, been too long  blush.gif

Welcome to all the new names!
Michelle, Meh, dessy123, Nic, Kristina, Jo, summermum and all their little men!

waves.gif hi to all the 'regulars'.

For the benefit of the new people, I'm Susan (sue), DP and I have two boys Haydn 4.5 andMason about to turn 2. We live in northern victoria.
I work full time and DP stays home with the boys.

Here not much out of the ordinary happening just flat out busy as always.
We are currently looking into building (owner builder) and moving out of town a bit more.

Hope everyone is well and happy, gotta run.
Susan

oooo just saw the quiz......

Where are you from?
Northern Victoria

Haydn 4.5
Mason 2 in May

Nope done now. If I had started earlier I might have tried for another, but getting a bit old now to push my luck.

In both cases I liked the names Dp didn't but when challenged wasn't able to come up with anything better!
DP had chosen our girls name and it was my job to chose the boys name. Never did get to use his choice!

Well can't compare with what it is like with girls but there is lots of hugs and snuggles, lots of energy. both my boys are outside kids, so spend hours outside digging etc. I do love the way that they are starting to play together now that Mason is getting older.

The noise, the mess, the fighting, the constant washing! never a dull moment, oh and the 'boys will be boys' moments that end in plaster or blood shed!   wacko.gif

Edited by SLJ, 20 April 2010 - 12:19 PM.

#45 Bob-the-skull

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Where are you from?

SA

2 boys. 2y9m, and 5.5yrs.

No.....

Ethan (DS1) was just a name i really liked and his dad (now ex) agreed
Rowan (DS2) is a name i fell in love with in a book called "Rowan of Rin" as a child... Ex didnt know that thou and agreed it was a nice name

I dont do girly things... make up, skirts, dolls... i prefer cars, bikes, jeans and dirt! Plus atm one of my friends has her daughter going thru periods and boobs... YAY no dealing with that!

that they are so rough with each other... they can be so aggressive with each other, however they are also super protective of each other aswell!

#46 Marvel

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

ECHO! ECHO!

laughing2.gif

#47 ~JASB~

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Oooh hello!  I used to post in this group when it first started, but it died off.  Had no idea it was back up!

Will post more later original.gif

#48 Bob-the-skull

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

not much going on here...

we discovered DS2 has a fear of heights if there is nothing to hold on to, and hense why going the toilet was becoming a big issue for him... my friend lent us a step with seat attached thingy today and so far so good!

about to tackle my washing mountain... seriously is scary!

#49 Marvel

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Yup - I am currently engaging in a staring contest with my washing pile..... I'm winning biggrin.gif

#50 ~JASB~

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Washing load number 3 is in the machine almost finished now.  Not bad for 9.45am laughing2.gif  Only problem is what I'm going to do with it when it's done - line is full from loads #1 and #2 laughing2.gif

My big boy has been looking forward to today.  He and his U9's footy team are playing on field at an NRL match tonight (Gold Coast Titans).  He's soooooo excited eexcite.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.