All Boy Families #11

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#51 Marvel

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

I can't WAIT until my elder 2 are old enough to start playing sports original.gif

All they can do at the moment is dance, gymnastics or soccer. Neither of them have shown a huge interest in dance (colour me surprised laughing2.gif), so I think we might give gym or soccer a go. The soccer is only skills based lessons and a fun short game at the end of each session, so that might be good.

DS1 has given me his cough glare.gif so not much on the agenda for me this weekend...

#52 ~ Four Blessings ~

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

I used to post in here too, but it died, (I wont be able to post in here for much longer anyway) as we are having a little girl in June, so we wont be a an "All Boy" family anymore.

I hope everyone is well.

I will answer the questions:

Where are you from? Wollongong NSW

How many boys do you have and how old are they? I have 3 boys, 7yrs, 6yrs and 3yrs

Are there any more babies in your future? Only our little girl that is due in June after that DH is getting a vasectomy.

How did you come up with their names? when we were looking at names, we liked William and Hayden, and when William was born, he looked so serious that he just looked like a William, when we fell pregnant again so soon after, we decided to use Hayden and both names suit them so well. Then a couple of years later when we had Jack, we talked about names and we couldnt agree on much, and we just liked the name Jack - but it suits him so much, he is so mischievous.

What is the best thing about being a mum to all boys? The I love you mum comments, the caring and affection they have, and the way they all look out for each other.

What is the worst thing about bein a mum to all boys? the dirt, the mess, and the fights!

Washing - I am so over washing, I have a full clothes line at the moment as well! and have just washed some of the baby clothes as well. (I love seeing baby clothes on the line) - very cute.

#53 Marvel

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:14 AM

Happy Mothers Day everyone!! I hope your boys spoil you today!! original.gif

#54 Bob-the-skull

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

hahahahahahaha

i got woken at 5am, changed a dirty nappies and yelled at them to stop fighting...

however we then went to the park and they let me take lots of photos of them biggrin.gif

Click for photo 1

Click for photo 2

#55 kaishra

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

I got woken up early to bf 2yo then at a more reasonable hour by having a present shoved in my face lol
Got a back massager, 2 coffee mugs (my pick lol), an incense packet, an orange and brown scarf which will really come in handy this winter as well as the cards that DS1 & 2 made at school and preschool.  I also got a beautiful card that one of my friends made for me, she took pics of the kids, cut them out and put them in the middle of the card so that when it's opened they stand up original.gif and it's purple which makes it even better lol.

Had to get up to make my own coffee cause DH refuses to learn how to use the machine lol but he made breakfast of bacon, eggs, onion, hashbrowns, baked beans, sausages and croissants with ham and cheese YUM oh and juice.

Following that we watched a movie, I fell asleep on the couch (I have a head cold and feel a bit crummy) then moved that to the bedroom and fell asleep for another 4-5 hours lol  DH is currently cooking a pork roast with all the trimmings and I'm trying to work out what we should have for dessert, can't decide lol

#56 SLJ

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

Happy Mother's Day
Hope you all had a good day, mine was spent running around for Mason's Second birthday party!
Besides Mother's Day in this place is always a fizzer, I do all the presents, cards etc. for both mine and DP's families, so when it come to him having to do something it just never gets done.
Did have a lovely day at Haydns kinder on Friday though and got a present he made me.
And putting Mason to bed early I got my first 'love you'   wub.gif  as I was leaving his room, so I guess it wsn't all that bad.  

Four blessings - Sorry to hear you'll be leaving, but CONGRATULATIONS on the reason!

meh - great photos! your boys are so alike!

mishymilo - the extent of Haydn's dancing style is pretty much trash around or roll around on the floor...pretty much like his father.........lol

JAS - I have a reaaly big clothes line, had it full the ther day after 4 loads of washing, thought I'd covered most of it but by the end of the day there was just as much on the laundry floor!
How'd your big boy go at the NRL?

Will try to get back when I can, used to post from work, but has gotten so busy don't get a chance.

#57 summermum

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

Hi girls,

Haven't had a chance to get to the ?s, but I will.

I'm Donna & live in Qld & Mum to 3 boys.

Just had to post when I read about the neverending loads of washing.  Me too!

Glad you all had a nice mother's day.

Lovely day here with DH making dinner with the boys' help & taking them all out to do the grocery shopping whilst I had a blissful hour at home alone.  

Anita - Great to see you in here!  You must be so excited about welcoming your little girl to the world.  

Well, better go.  Can hardly keep my eyes open but nice to see this thread picking up momentum.

xx

#58 Bob-the-skull

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

we fell off the page so thought i would just bump us back up again!

#59 2boys2cute

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hi girls  waves.gif

I knew this group existed, but I could never seem to find it  blush.gif  laughing2.gif   ddoh.gif

Hi Mishy & Pink Bug!!

I'm Megan, 30 years old, and have 2 adorable, energetic little boys.  I thought it was high time I joined a BG where the other mums truly understand the joys and challenges involved in raising just boys - it seems all my friends IRL either have all girls, or the allusive pigeon pair (although it probably isn't so allusive if so many of my friends have them  unsure.gif ).

Thought I'd answer Mishy's little questionnaire to get me started  biggrin.gif  

Where are you from?  SE Qld

How many boys do you have and how old are they? DS1 turned 3 in Feb, DS2 turned 1 in April

Are there any more babies in your future? hopefully we'll start TTC #3 around Feb/Mar 2011

How did you come up with their names?  DS1 (Riley) we both just fell in love with the name, so it was really easy.  We used to look at all the babies in the Sunday paper & read the birth notices, and DH said he liked it, thankfully I did too!  Its become pretty popular though, we were hoping to avoid the "top 10" names, but oh well, we both loved it so doesn't matter!  DS2 (Brady) I have always liked from Sex & The City (Miranda named her baby Brady).  We were having big troubles agreeing on a boys name when I was pregnant with him since we'd already used our favourite boys name first time around, so we were still settling on Ds2's name in the delivery room after he was born.  I have no idea how we'll ever agree on a 3rd boys name if and when the time comes!

What is the best thing about being a mum to all boys?  I think boys love their mum's in a special, different way to girls.  I can't explain it, but I am sure you all know what I'm getting at.  I absolutely love the cuddles, and the way that whenever they are sad, or sick, they always cry for "Mum"  wub.gif   I also love that when boys have a fight, they generally seem to get over it quickly and move on, playing happily again together only minutes later (unlike girls, who seem to be able to sulk for days/weeks - my sister & I used to have a fight and ignore each other for days when we were little  laughing2.gif ).

What is the worst thing about bein a mum to all boys?  I have to agree with the washing!  Although, my Mum had 2 girls, and she always said when we were teenagers, we must've changed our outfits 4 times a day because the washing was huge too, so I don't know??  Trying to keep up with them and their levels of energy is quite a challenge for me some days too.  And personally I hate all the stupid/negative comments you occasionally hear about only having boys ie "oh, boys are such a handful" or "you'll know you're alive now" etc.  

Anyway, thats all from me now - looking forward to chatting with all of you!

Edited by 2boys2cute, 23 May 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#60 ~A2~

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

original.gif

#61 Pinkbug

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

Hi original.gif I don't have long (just as long as the boys take to eat lunch) so I'll just answer the questions:

Where are you from? Country NSW

How many boys do you have and how old are they? 2 boys, 3.5 and just turned 2

Are there any more babies in your future? Yes

How did you come up with their names? DH is Dutch so we committed ourselves to having first names that were either Dutch in origin or at least common over there. DH was cheeky when I was pregnant with Jasper and kept on calling my tummy Jasper even though I asked him not to (I didn't want to name him until he was born). He got his choice but by the time he was born I loved the name too and couldn't imagine him being anything else (due to DH's cheekiness!). With Gabriel it was actually a name another family member always wanted if they had a boy (but they had only girls). I didn't want to use it for that reason but DH didn't want anything else. I ended up asking those family members how they'd feel if we used it and they were fine with it. DH got his choice again, but I was used to it by the time he was born too! Actually I had Dominic in mind for him, even when I was in hospital until I realised that we couldn't name him that because of our surname. DH let me pick the actual names after the birth both times though so at least I felt like they weren't fully his choices! Lol. Both boys have English 1st mn's (from my ancestry) and popular-for-the-time 2nd mn's as I really wanted that. Their full names are Jasper William Harrison G------- and Gabriel Charles Archer G-------.

What is the best thing about being a mum to all boys? I love how close they are  wub.gif They're also close in age though (20 months apart) so some of that could be an age thing. They are seriously best friends and will do anything and everything together. They follow each other around all day and both have a kind of sixth sense about the other...they'll both run to the see-saw at the same time and get off together too to run after something or to do something else...together! I always wanted a boy first (coming from a family of all sisters, I wanted something different to experience) and am now so glad Gabriel was a boy too. They're such lovely little people!

What is the worst thing about bein a mum to all boys? Ummm, not sure as I've never had a girl to compare the experience with. I'd have to say maybe the testosterone though. Jasper is having a testosterone surge atm and it's frustrating that he wants to jump all over his brother and the frustration he shows sometimes. I'll be expecting it when Gabriel's a little older though! Lol.

Hi 2b2c waves.gif

Hope everyone is well! I must run, the boys are arguing over who is the boss! "Jasper's the boss...", "Gabriel's the boss"... and so on! Lunchtime over  laughing2.gif
xx

Edited by Pinkbug, 28 May 2010 - 12:18 PM.

#62 Marvel

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Argh... boys names...

I am meant to be working, but with 5 weeks to go until DS3 arrives, I find myself trawling through the baby names thread and different baby names websites!! rant.gif

WHY OH WHY did I have to have such a picky husband!?! WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

#63 2boys2cute

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

I hear you Mishy.  We could barely agree on 2 boys names, I have no freakin' idea how we'll ever come up with a 3rd when the time comes  rolleyes.gif

when I was PG with DS2 I actually found a list on the net of all the baby names registered in South Australia for the prior few years (there was something like 2000+ names on there for Boys I think).  I couldn't find something similar for all the other states, but I imagine they'd be fairly similar?  I will have to scout around and see if I can find the link again, it might help (can't hurt, right?).  We actually found that more helpful than some of the websites you come across with really, really out-there names that you could just never use.

Try THIS link here Mishy, it should be all 2000+ names from 2009  biggrin.gif

#64 Marvel

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

OMG what an AWESOME site... I don't know whether the ACT has something similar, but I imagine the trends would be almost the same.

Both my boys names and both of my nephew's names show up on there original.gif

#65 2boys2cute

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

I printed it out for my SIL when she was PG with her 2nd boy because they were having major troubles with boys names too, and she said it was a great help and its where they found a name for their DS2 as well  biggrin.gif .

The main reason I like it is because it has "real" names that are being used every day now, so you can see what is the most popular and you can also see what didn't quite make it to the top of the list, but are still nice names IYKWIM.  I tried looking on various baby name websites and OMG, some of the names on there  ohmy.gif

Good luck, I understand your frustration, i really do!  DH was shocking when it came to agreeing on names too  mad.gif  I was so ready to clobber him over the head with a blunt object every time we tried to discuss it...

#66 Pinkbug

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

I have the opposite problem and I love far too many names (which makes choosing one just as difficult because you want the best one!). Good luck Mishy, what's your number one name right now?

#67 SLJ

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

Hi All

Back again, been dealing with a death in the family and full on time at work, than again it never seems to get any slower any time!

Boys are getting a bit stir crazy as we've had a couple of days of rain, and the they have been stuck inside. we're not used to rain, but hopefully we'll have to get used to it again  hands.gif so far this year we've had  more than last year (and every year in the last 8-9 as well) in total! Fingers crossed it keeps up.

My boys are good, although the last couple of weeks I could cheerfully have strangled Haydn, he seems to be extra stroppy, whingy, angry and aggressive. After some research it could well be a testosterone surge which apparently is common around his age (4.5),  anyone with older boys did you find this around 4.5? Please tell me it will pass........ cry1.gif

Here's hoping it is a stage that settles soon.

waves.gif to everyone, specially those new mums and their little men. I did answer the questions but it's towards the start of the thread.

2boys2cute - everyone I know has girls too not a great many with a 'matching set', and my boys being active little fellas ( that just never slow down let alone stop  wacko.gif) tend to scare the girls off a bit in the play ground. Although having said that Haydns best friend is a girl ! lol Maybe that will change when he goes to school next year.

Pinkbug - so who won the argument, in this place Haydn is always the bossy one, although Mason is fighting back now, it will be interesting when he gets bigger. I like a lot of names too but given the boys surname it resticts us a bit name wise.

mishymilo - we had trouble with boys names too, no trouble with girls names both agreed straight away. Obviously we never did get to use the girls name. Would hate to imagine trying to pick a third one.

ok I'm off to bed, way past my bedtime, and I dare say another early start (I'm open to any ideas on keeping boys in bed beyond 6am???

Edited by SLJ, 28 May 2010 - 10:40 PM.

#68 2boys2cute

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi SLJ,

Sorry to hear you have had a death in the family  sad.gif

Can't help with the agression etc issues you're having with your little man, but my DS1 is only 3 and he's been the same lately, so I can sympathise!  I honestly don't know what to put it down to either.  But he has quite a full on personality, so I'm beginning to wonder if its just him - he can be so affectionate, loving, funny and cute, but at the same time he can get angry, frustrated, and turn his "man ears" on (ie, ignore everything I say).  If anyone can give either of us some advice I'd love to hear it!

I can't really help with keeping boys in bed beyond 6am either because both of mine have decided its a great time to get up and start the day  wacko.gif   I listen to everyone else's stories of their children who need to be woken up in the mornings because they're sleeping in and it just amazes me!  I couldn't imagine what that must be like - actually i can imagine....bliss  laughing2.gif  Doesn't matter what time my little men go to bed, they're still up at the crack of dawn, which can sometimes make for a loooooong day.  So if you eventually figure out the secret, you'll have to let me in on it!

Speaking of bed, I should be there too but am plodding away on an assignment...hence the reason I'm wasting time on EB and FB  tongue.gif .  

I am the Queen of Procrastination  biggrin.gif

OH, SLJ I just realised I share a birthday with your DS2  cool.gif

#69 SLJ

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hi All,

2boys2cute -

I commiserate on the early risers  yyawn.gif A sleep in at our place is 6.30am. just as well I'm an early riser for work.

Were you a mothers day baby too? Mason was born on Mothers day 2008, he even arrived a little early to make sure he made mothers day and has been stealing the limelight ever since! lol

Haydn seems to have settled a little in the last week or so, hoping the worst of it is over  hands.gif I suspect he was also picking up on all the happenings, comings and going, and upset after my dad passed away too. He wasn't particularly close to his pop (dad had been suffering from dementia and in a nursing home for a few years). He asked a few questions which we answered truthfully and he seemed to accept it.

hope you got that assignment finished!

Hope everyone else and their little men are well and happy.  waves.gif

#70 Marvel

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

Just popping my head in to see what's up in here!!

Still waiting for the arrival of son #3... and he is still nameless laughing2.gif

#71 SLJ

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

Mishymilo - oooo not long now, here's hoping the 'currently nameless one' makes a timely appearance!

#72 ~A2~

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

bump

#73 Wild Strawberry

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hey girls original.gif

Just bumping us up!

Not much happening here except DS3 has a cold sad.gif

mishymilo - Hope your little man is here and named original.gif

#74 ohboy

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

Forgot all about this thread, need sticky note on the laptop wink.gif   I'll answer the questions that were put up many pages back.

Where are you from? Sunny Coast, QLD

How many boys do you have and how old are they?  6 boys - 11,10,6,5,3,15months

Are there any more babies in your future? Yep would love another two.

How did you come up with their names?
DS1 - Was my all time favourite name
DS2 - Needed a name a 3 days old and everyone cracked up about the name I wanted so he just got a name sad.gif
DS3 - DH favourite name and MN is a family members name that died the night he was concieved
DS4 - His name started as a joke and stuck, MN is DH's first name
DS5 - Had the whole family over for dinner to rack their brains for a name LOL MN is a EX-Collingwood footballer (DH's idea)
DS6 - We had his FN on the list for the other boys, but for him it felt right.  DH and the boys all wanted something else so that became his MN.

What is the best thing about being a mum to all boys?
They all have a play mate that is in to something they are too.  1 lot of toys, 1 lot of clothes LOL

What is the worst thing about bein a mum to all boys?
I would love a little girl to play with, to bond with, to grow up and have coffee and chats with, to walk down the aisle, to watch go through pregnancy and birth - all the things I do with my mum wub.gif

#75 SLJ

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

Hi All

Finally get a chance to catch up on a few things while on holidays (a whole 3 weeks  ddance.gif )

Been busy as always here, just got our certification for our new safety and environment systems through, and have had numerous ear infections and colds with the boys, along with the best rains we've had in 15 years which naturally turned into floods, we are now waiting to see what happens with the locusts........it just never seems to stop!   dry.gif

The boys are going well, as mentioned had a few ear problems but otherwise growing too fast.
Haydn is 5 in November and starting school in February and Mason is 2 and a half, and just started a half day a week family day care.

4 blessings and Tre azul - congratulations on your new arrivals!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.