Avon support thread #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#26 my3cheekymonkeys

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

Hi everyone!

My name is Helen. I'm 29, married with 3 young children aged 5, 3 1/2  and 14 mths. I live in Kambalda, WA. I would be most grateful if I could be included on your list.

I've just joined Avon again after having an 18 month break (I finished up in Jan/Feb of 2008 after doing it for nearly 2 years). In that time I made Presidents Club, which was great, especially for the extra discounts and early deliveries. I did however end up leaving on a sour note, vowing and declaring to never deal with Avon again purely out of a built-up frustration with Head office when I chose to return some stock and finish. I'm not really sure what inspired me to start again -  I certainly had not planned it. I guess it was the chance meeting with a Sales Leader at a local fete most recently, telling me that I could just join to buy stuff for myself, that got me started again (I may not have been a rep anymore but I still used HEAPS of the products LOL). Of course as soon as I signed up, the creative juices started flowing and the "sales rep of old" instincts kicked in. LOL. I soon found myself madly running about setting up my brochures and trying to build a starter customer base again....lucky for me I hadn't deleted all of my templates and customer files I had created from before wink.gif

I am currently working on #1 (with #18 as my backorder) and so far have got nearly 20 customers which is exciting. At this stage I have only asked friends, family, the local real estate, shire office, health centre, my hairdresser and beautician. I am seriously considering a territory or two but am still weighing up the pros and cons. I'd like to think I pretty friendly and approachable and in no-way a pushy person... I like to gain and keep my customers through quality service - whilst still making it a very social and fun thing. At the end of the day I still have to live in our small town here and I certainly don't want everyone to know me here as "that pushy Avon lady". I don't want them to see me and my kids coming and have them run the other way wink.gif I'm hoping positive word-of-mouth will be the key to boosting my customers here.

I've just finished reading this latest thread and WOW - I wish I had known about this forum back when I first started as a rep. I often pondered whether I was the only one frustrated by the lack of customer service, the constant shorted items and discontinueds (ESPECIALLY when it was the first time ever in the brochure LOL). I was once told that the constant shorts and discontinued products were a result of the district I worked in - it was like other districts had earlier deadlines and therefore first pick. By the time it got to our area some of the stock had been used up. Gee whiz, I had sincerely hoped things were going to be better this time around... but after reading your latest responses, I best be getting used to it... original.gif

So far I have only had a few hiccups - my experiences with training this time around has been very limited. I had assumed it was because I have done it before. I was sorry to read that some of the new reps aren't being nurtured like they should though. I was given a starter pack, an order book, a couple of packets of samples and some brochures for the next few campaigns. I still need to get more though but will need to wait until my first order arrives in November. I did ask my Sales Leader if she had some more to spare but can appreciate that she still needs to cater for other newbies and therefore couldn't help me. I am also still waiting for online access which is starting to get frustrating. I applied to join on the 11th October but have yet to have my account re-activated. I'm keen to get going and start putting my orders online but have been unable to access the site. I have no idea what the hold-up could be - I fear I am becoming a PITA to my Sales Leader and District Manager (who I started contacting directly) as I haven't been getting timely responses. I don't want to become the nag that hassles the Sales Leader or Head Office all the time. I was told I would have it by last Monday... still waiting. I promise once I have access and get going they shouldn't have any further hassles from me!! original.gif

I'm trying to stay positive and keep reminding myself of the social reasons for joining and the possible discounts I could receive on my own purchases. I'm really looking forward to meeting new people and building a rapport with my customers.

Anyway, so sorry for the long story. I have a nasty habit of rambling a bit. I look forward to meeting more of you and sharing ideas (and horror stories LOL). I will try to pop in when I can.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Helen

#27 will23coop

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

xerpa - u only get apology note and a lip balm (gift) if they shorted it and it was the first time that it was in the brochure. still not good enough though. the x-mas book thing is suppose to come on 11/11, i think personally that sucks and it is unacceptable but hey what can we do. i have discussed this with head office but they told me the same crap, apologist and then followed by more crap excuses.

helen -  hope u enjoy it this time around

jaime biggrin.gif

#28 xerpa

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

u only get apology note and a lip balm (gift) if they shorted it and it was the first time that it was in the brochure.
You're right, it isn't really good enough.  But they shorted 2 apology gifts for me (for the Christmas books) in my C17 order, and in C18 they sent 1 apology gift.  So I'm not sure if I should be expecting the other one or if that's it.  Oh well.  The people on the phones aren't told everything, but they are probably given a binder full of excuses to use when we call them.  I'm sure they get a lot of calls from irate reps.

#29 sleepygirl21

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

Hello, I have been considering signing up to sell Avon but more just to friends/family at Playgroup, Kinder etc. Not dropping off brochures or door knocking. Is this possible? Is it worthwhile doing or would I end up out of pocket do you think?

#30 xerpa

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

Question:  Is my manager allowed to door knock (recruiting) in my territoy without letting me know?  Because I was dropping brochures off when one of my customers told me she'd signed up - my manager knocked on her door.  I'm not very happy that she didn't even give me the courtesy of letting me know.  She slammed our previous manager for doing the exact same thing just over a year ago.  rant.gif

ljl211 - You can just order for yourself and nobody else if you really want to.  But ideally you'd want to make enough profit to at least cover the delivery charge (so sell around $80).  So if you sell more than that you know you'll be getting profit (if you're not buying brochures or sales aids).  Whether or not it's worthwhile doing depends on the customers you'd have.  You might find that the family and friends you have all buy when you first start then you have really low sales for a while as they use what they bought.  But, if there are people in that group that will buy pretty regularly you might make a decent profit.

#31 xerpa

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

Weird... called Avon Customer Service re: having my territory door-knocked and guess what... they can't answer any questions without my account number.  I don't want to give it to them.  If I give them my account number and she finds out I called, I'm going to get hassled whether or not she's allowed to recruit my customers.  Just doesn't sit right... ah, how often I think of quitting.

#32 will23coop

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

xerpa - managers and leadership representatives (previously known as STR's) r allowed to door knock anywhere at anytime, without having to tell u about it. they r their to get new representatives not customers. I know this because i did a short (a very short) stint doing STR's and then onto leadership.
i was told this so many times:
"why not start to canvass in ur territories to c if u have any customer who might want to be a representative?"
answer:
why would i want to do that then i loss a customer or 2 as they might be in very good terms with their neighbours (off course i didn't tell the manager that wink.gif )
Manager: "if u sign up one of ur customer and she gets going and then later on decide that she doesn't want to do it anymore then u will most likely to get her back plus some if not all of her other customers, what a bonus"
answer: in the mean time i loss a customer and to begin with my sales aren't that good to start with (again did not tell her that wink.gif )
i am a bit of a chicken when it comes to their tactics i supposed. tongue.gif

anyway i soon quit leadership because it was just too demanding and i just can't get myself to sign people up just for the sake of signing someone up, i think to do avon u need to actually want to do it. i also quit because i thought that the manager was not fair on the other leadership members, she seems to favour this one lady and that was it.

would u believe it if i tell u than one lady in leadership actually drives around scouting mothers with prams walking on the side of the road. once she sees one, she then parks her car a little bit further and then walk back towards the mother and start to chat her up by commenting on the baby in the pram first and then all of a sudden she is trying to get her to sign up to do avon. how shocking ohmy.gif , i was horrified when she and the manager told me of this tactic as i think that is just plain disgraceful nno.gif . opening ur front door to people knocking at ur door can sometimes be annoying enough but imagine that one.  ohmy.gif ohmy.gif  

i think that was the deal breaker for me, i just can't do that and i am definitely not a pushy person at all. i can tell u more horrifying tactics they use but i will have to type for the next 24 hours if i do (well may be not that long). wink.gif

jaime biggrin.gif

#33 xerpa

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

will23coop - Thanks for that.  I'm not pushy either and the whole focus on recruiting is off-putting to me.  It's not about recruiting people because they'll make a good rep, they're recruiting to fill numbers.  If they're allowed to door knock then fine, but I just feel it would've shown good manners to say she'd be in my territory.  It might've at least motivated me to do another re-canvass instead of feeling like she hijacked my customers.

Edited by xerpa, 07 November 2009 - 04:53 PM.

#34 happy-mummy

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

ljl211 - I do have a territory but I mainly sell to family and friends. I also am really only staying in Avon to buy products for myself and gifts for others at a discount. Unless you are a true, dedicated sales person it's a very hard way to make money. Each campaign you have brochures to buy and a $7 delivery fee so you are out of pocket $10 before you even begin. As xerpa said, that's $80 in sales you must make to even break even. I've been in it since April and haven't made a profit yet and my average sales are about $130/month. Any profit each month has gone right back into brochures and fees. HTH.

#35 will23coop

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

so we have a new district manager. anyone here want to share there experience when they got a new district manager. good or bad, share them. i am meeting her on friday, hoping that she will be better than the last one.

jaime biggrin.gif

#36 Heikster

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hi there

A friend of the family gave me a couple of AVON products to return, however I don't believe they bought them off me. (could not find any paper work of the purchase) Can I return them for her? Does anyone know?

#37 xerpa

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Heikster - No.  If it's not on your invoice, Avon can't credit you for it.  Can they tell you which book they bought the items from or how much they paid?  That might help if they did buy from you.  If they didn't buy them from you they'll have to get it returned from the rep they bought it off OR possibly your District Manager might be able to help.

Edited by xerpa, 01 December 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#38 flyingfree

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

HI Heikster

I have returned a product before but you have to go through your District Manager and i think also ring up avon as well, the company should credit you for the whole amount for your customer.

Mandy

#39 Heikster

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

Thank you for the replies. Will see how I go original.gif

#40 bunbaked

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:35 PM

Hi Ladies,

sorry to gatecrash, just need some help. I've got the 2 bottles of Reese witherspoons perfume still sitting here, and need to return them but dont know how, haven't done an order since they were sent to me... Does anyone know how I go about returning them?

I have decided to give up on Avon, none of my friends are really that interested at this time of year, and even at the other times of year I wasn't selling that much. So dont want to get stuck with a $100 bill for stuff none of my friends like the smell of.....

Thanks

#41 Aidens_mama

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

You can do your return online, and then drop off the returns slip and the perfume to your District manager. Mine has a box outside her front door, a couple of days before the paper orders need to be in, so I drop it off, then process it through the returns and credit part of the ordering section online. If you get stuck, I can give you step by step instructions, but it is quite easy once you get into it.

Edited by Aidens_mama, 01 January 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#42 Heikster

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hi Guys

I have just received my AVON Statement and on it it said "You have over-ordered your entitlement to C11 SETS BROCHURES.
Your order has been adjusted from 2 to 0."

So I am guessing that although I ordered 2 sets of brochures, I am getting zero!!!! Does anyone know why? I could understand, if I ordered 20 sets, but it was only 2 sets. Also, why can't they then send me 1 set!!!!

There is good news though:
NO CHARGE ITEMS
1 C11 BROCHURE-SINGLE

So I am getting one free brochure for Campaign 11...... may be my customers can share that ONE!!

Obviously I will call AVON tomorrow, but I am curious as to why they would have done this.

#43 Aidens_mama

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

HMMMMM me too, this might be a problem! Wonder how long it will take to get through to them tomorrow!

#44 Heikster

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:32 AM

Glad to hear that I am not the only one..sorry.

#45 ~*KnM*~

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:08 AM

Hi
Wow! I think I should of found this last week before I joined!  I signed up on Saturday and now know what has been mentioned about support!  I only have one number for my District Sales Manager who said she would contact me on Monday.
But anyway, look forward to getting to know you

Katie

#46 Aidens_mama

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Have just been on the phone to Avon and apparently they have had a system error, the lady I spoke to has done an adjustment to my order, so fingers crossed they will arrive in my box.
Welcome Katie, I have had no real issues with lack of support, but I have had no real big problems that I couldn't sort out myself. Avon is fun, I am doing it for something to do while my boys are little, and look forward to maybe getting into it more when they are schoolage. Will see how it goes.

Edited by Aidens_mama, 01 April 2010 - 11:29 AM.

#47 Heikster

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Aidens_mama @ 01/04/2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have just been on the phone to Avon and apparently they have had a system error, the lady I spoke to has done an adjustment to my order, so fingers crossed they will arrive in my box.
...... Avon is fun, I am doing it for something to do while my boys are little.

I have done the same...so hopefully they will arrive with the usual delivery.

Aidens mama - I do AVON for the same reason original.gif

#48 ~*KnM*~

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

Aidens_mama - Thanks for the welcome.  

My District Sales Manager is coming around tonight.  I'm going to do a territory but where I live is already someone elses sad.gif  Oh well.

Take care

#49 baby-bliss2

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hi ladies, can I join you?

I've been doing Avon since about the beginning of the year. Enjoying it so far, I have a fair few regular customers but really get annoyed when someone wants a catalogue but doesn't order anything! Once is  okay, but every single month gets a bit much!

I haven't had any major problems yet. Apart from getting bank deposit payment set up (don't know WHAT is going on there) so I've had to pay by cred card quite a few times and cop the fee that comes along with that.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Paula

#50 Aidens_mama

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi Paula, ask your team leader to help you out with the bank deposit, mine pretty much did mine for me.
I sent her an email as it was too late to call last night when I read about the catalogue problem, and she got back to me this morning saying that I was not the only one that it has happened to. So hopefully it was just a glitch and we all get our books. She also offered me another territory as "I am doing so well"! Not sure where she got that idea from. I have about 7 regulars, and get about 4 orders each time, and the rest of my territory is pretty dead. Had a few houses sold in the area so ordered an extra set of books this time to hit them, but now might not get them huh.gif Oh well, there is always next time! I think I do so well because I order a bit for myself. Initially signed up as we had lived in our house for 3 years and I had never seen an avon lady. Then I was told my territory was taken, and had been for some time! Who knows?
Good luck with your first orders Katie, there are some great bonuses in your first 4 (maybe 5?) campaigns.
Where are you all? I am NOR Perth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.